PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one.....

Vilified
01-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Who feels like an idiot saying pvp'er? (Player vs playerer) the term in every other game I've played is pk'er or player killer but noone knows what it means so I'm stuck with this term. Everyone should just start saying pk'er

Noodleleg
01-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Runescape.....

Vilified
01-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Runescape.....

You caught me.... I can feel the shame washing over me XD

Edit: now that I think about it that was the term in diablo II as well.... I didn't get into WoW that much but I feel like I heard it there too

dudetus
01-17-2013, 09:03 AM
This is Pocket Legends, not Runescape.

Vilified
01-17-2013, 09:38 AM
This is Pocket Legends, not Runescape.

And that somehow makes bad grammar acceptAble? Your obviously going to disagree since I disagreed with you on "show off your legend" thread which was obviously you trying to create a situation to diffuse to get on sts good side and become GoA

Notice I said create because there was no problem there people are free to choose how they dress their avatar and showing it on forums is no different than wearing it in game

dudetus
01-17-2013, 10:56 AM
And that somehow makes bad grammar acceptAble? Your obviously going to disagree since I disagreed with you on "show off your legend" thread which was obviously you trying to create a situation to diffuse to get on sts good side and become GoA

Notice I said create because there was no problem there people are free to choose how they dress their avatar and showing it on forums is no different than wearing it in game

Oh this is almost too good to be true.

Smile!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?82704-Announcement

And speaking of that Apollo's thread. FYI, Apollo is a good friend of mine both on forums and IG. He knew what I was doing and so knew everyone who had the ability to scroll and click threads.

+ the term PvP is more accurate than PK. U won't necessarily kill ur opponent.

Jhawkeye
01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Haha

Vilified
01-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Ok I didn't see that thread in the first place and I still don't see how it negates the fact that your saying something that isn't offensive offends people.

And I have no problem with pvp it is more accurate but for those of us who don't speak in acronyms telling anyone your a player vs player'er is asinine and if you wouldn't say it why type it?

dudetus
01-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Ok I didn't see that thread in the first place and I still don't see how it negates the fact that your saying something that isn't offensive offends people.

And I have no problem with pvp it is more accurate but for those of us who don't speak in acronyms telling anyone your a player vs player'er is asinine and if you wouldn't say it why type it?

Do i have to explain everything to u? That kinda ruins the point.

But isn't it brutal to say "I am a playerkiller"? Sounds like a serial killer.

Vilified
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM

No I understand your trying to be nice but claiming something is offensive when it isn't doesn't fall into that category

Incase my charming personality hasn't clued you in brutal is my style

But do you honestly think saying player killer is more brutal than getting in a ring and smacking each other around with weapons and deadly spells?

KingFu
01-17-2013, 11:42 AM

Ninja, don't fight it. Mass is right, if he dislikes something, we should all change ourselves since his methods are far superior. Who cares if the term has been used for 2-3 years? If little old Mass doesn't like it, we should all change our ways.

Vilified
01-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Ninja, don't fight it. Mass is right, if he dislikes something, we should all change ourselves since his methods are far superior. Who cares if the term has been used for 2-3 years? If little old Mass doesn't like it, we should all change our ways.

I'm simply stating my opinion and defending my case. If you wish to continue saying pvp'er that's your call, but I'm still going to bring the term pk'er into the game. Even if I have to explain it to everyone that asks.

Edit: better? I'm on an iPhone I don't feel like switching keyboards every time my typing is in need of punctuation.

CrimsonTider
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Run-on sentence is run-on.

Everyone'sFavMage
01-17-2013, 12:08 PM
That wants to have fun tonight? Is there anybody out there who wants to have a cold beer and kick it till the morning light?

NotYoCookiez
01-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Never thought about this mass lol

Call it whatever you want. There isn't a law against it but of course many will disagree. If you were more known I bet everyone will be like "OMG you so right! i bes Pk'er!!!"

:)

Vilified
01-17-2013, 12:33 PM
@ favmage no I feel yah there XD but its still 9:30am here

@cookiez Yah that's what I think people tend to stick together or follow an original players ways blindly

dudetus
01-17-2013, 12:46 PM
No I understand your trying to be nice but claiming something is offensive when it isn't doesn't fall into that category

Incase my charming personality hasn't clued you in brutal is my style

But do you honestly think saying player killer is more brutal than getting in a ring and smacking each other around with weapons and deadly spells?

Honestly. I'm laughing my butt off atm.

U fall for my baits so easily that u must be in top 3.

Incase my charming personality hasn't clued you in trolling is my style.

Vilified
01-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Honestly. I'm laughing my butt off atm.

U fall for my baits so easily that u must be in top 3.

Incase my charming personality hasn't clued you in trolling is my style.

Excuses excuses you weren't trolling you were trying to poke holes in my logic and failed so now you come at me with this =P

Edit: and it's not really taking bait so much as me being dead on gears of war and looking for something to do while I wait for the next round

The Sadness
01-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Mass atrocity: did you play D2 or D2 expansion? I played D2 on US East. I had a pro 93 legit Necro, back in like 2004. Few people hit 99 on non-expansion - unlike PL, you couldn't buy your way to the top.

And PK, I would laugh so hard when Enchantress would spawn several level 25 Hydras, portal to town, go hostile and PK someone that way! Best part? You lost XP when you died, including to PKers!

Pvp was a mess - if you thought rushers here were bad, you have no idea. When you died, you had to retrieve corpse to re-equip gear. So inevitably people would naked kill you and then tell you to "remake noob."

Regardless, I had some great times in D2. Lots of long hours spent doing CS and Cow runs!
Ts

Vilified
01-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Mass atrocity: did you play D2 or D2 expansion? I played D2 on US East. I had a pro 93 legit Necro, back in like 2004. Few people hit 99 on non-expansion - unlike PL, you couldn't buy your way to the top.

And PK, I would laugh so hard when Enchantress would spawn several level 25 Hydras, portal to town, go hostile and PK someone that way! Best part? You lost XP when you died, including to PKers!

Pvp was a mess - if you thought rushers here were bad, you have no idea. When you died, you had to retrieve corpse to re-equip gear. So inevitably people would naked kill you and then tell you to "remake noob."

Regardless, I had some great times in D2. Lots of long hours spent doing CS and Cow runs!
Ts

For sure I miss dII so much I had a lvl 95 or 96 barb after he expansion on west coast server I wasn't quite pro I could only afford one eth ccb and a gf but everything else was elite

If I remember right east coast never got white rings and gloves you should google em sometime they made pvp completely insane being able to outrun a zons guided arrow, massive damage boosts and more XD

i tried playing again but now when you play it's just a bunch of noobs using bots or power lvling with the bots

And yah I remember the hydras well they used to join low lvl games in hardcore and offer help then kill you and you lose every thing

DexGOD
01-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Who feels like an idiot saying pvp'er? (Player vs playerer) the term in every other game I've played is pk'er or player killer but noone knows what it means so I'm stuck with this term. Everyone should just start saying pk'er

No. The term PvPer isn't wrong. A verb is a doing word, i.e. to PvP or to play are verbs. Adding an -er suffix to a root verb makes in a noun, i.e. a PvPer or player.

dudetus
01-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Excuses excuses you weren't trolling you were trying to poke holes in my logic and failed so now you come at me with this =P

Edit: and it's not really taking bait so much as me being dead on gears of war and looking for something to do while I wait for the next round

Yes, u got me. I'm just an insecure kid looking for acceptance from a game forum.

Vilified
01-17-2013, 02:19 PM
No. The term PvPer isn't wrong. A verb is a doing word, i.e. to PvP or to play are verbs. Adding an -er suffix to a root verb makes in a noun, i.e. a PvPer or player.

You got me there guess I had never thought of it this way.... but I'm gonna stay with pk'ers anyway both will be known eventually

dudetus
01-17-2013, 02:22 PM
You got me there guess I had never thought of it this way.... but I'm gonna stay with pk'ers anyway both will be known eventually

No, pk'ers will not be known in PL. It's a game tradition and it cannot be changed by one lonely man. Imagine me trying to go to Runescape "hi guys lets call pk pvp now on".

Vilified
01-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Look around the forums it's a new players game a lot of the original players are quitting or retiring waiting for new content so..... Well see

TheDaftness
01-17-2013, 03:02 PM
oHai Mr Mass! So by ur logic, doesn't Pk-er = Player Killer-er, which is completely teh same amount of silly as Player vs Player-er??

Regardless, none of this sounds as bad as the word "texted" :P

Vilified
01-17-2013, 03:08 PM
oHai Mr Mass! So by ur logic, doesn't Pk-er = Player Killer-er, which is completely teh same amount of silly as Player vs Player-er??

Regardless, none of this sounds as bad as the word "texted" :P

Lol I was waiting for this one to kill someone is to get a pk or player kill

TheDaftness
01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Lol I was waiting for this one to kill someone is to get a pk or player kill

OOH deviousness! we like this..!

however, I agree with mr dude above, it will be a lonely undertaking using game speak that doesnt apply here...! best of luck!

Vilified
01-17-2013, 04:05 PM
OOH deviousness! we like this..!

however, I agree with mr dude above, it will be a lonely undertaking using game speak that doesnt apply here...! best of luck!

Thank you but its really not that hard they may not use it but anyone who read the initial post knows what a pker is 250 views since a few hours ago I'm already on my way

The Sadness
01-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Mass atrocity: let's call ourselves old school, I like being old school. Pk is old school.

Now back to the important stuff, so you played expansion! Dude, some haxxorz brought that expansion stuff into D2 - so lame. You had zons using WF, sorcys with full out xpac gear and barbs fully decked out with like 5K health. Was stupid. We never saw white rings on US East, thank goodness. And I hear that 99 was much easier on xpac - basically the xp capped out at CS or Cows in non-xpac. And you always needed a Cow King virgin to make Cow portal, my 93 necro was a virgin and a very fine cower. Cowing was made for necros, with bone wall, curse and corpse explosion - so pro. I could clear a heard of cows in seconds, but I needed a barb to tank.

Lol, people are still using bots? Back when I played, there was an occasional zon that would use a pally bot that would basically supply with a triple aura. Made for a killing machine of a zon in PvE.

BTW, what's your IGN? Add Thesadness - we'll talk about PKing in town. 2013, the year that the term PK came to Pocket Legends.
Ts

Vilified
01-17-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure if it was easier after expansion or not but I know you had the option to do Baal runs instead of cow runs his minions gave you massive experience and decent drop rate while he gave you the best drop rate in the game but I think the experience was about even

Yah it's been about 2 years since I played but there were a ton of op sorcs or hammerdins bottling Baal for those sites that sell items maybe it was just west coast again

The two ign's I play on most are "MassAtrocity" and "MassInferno"

The Sadness
01-17-2013, 05:00 PM
It was definitely easier after xpac. The leader boards clearly demonstrated that fact, 99 didn't even guarantee you a spot on LB in xpac. There were only a handful of 99's on US East standard. To be honest, I once saw a 96 sorcy leeching in CS. Understandably so I guess, at 96 if you died once that was probably equivalent to 2 months of XP farming.

I'll add you next time I'm on.

Rot
01-18-2013, 09:28 AM
For me I'll just call "PvPers" and "Pkers" players. Isn't that easy? Better than arguing whether to use "Pker" or "PvPer" imo. Or just say "Hey you!"

The Sadness
01-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Rot: You are approaching 1337 posts. Post carefully my friend, that 1337 post had better live up to its number. And believe it or not, 1337 is not prime!

Libria
01-18-2013, 09:46 PM
For me I'll just call "PvPers" and "Pkers" players. Isn't that easy? Better than arguing whether to use "Pker" or "PvPer" imo. Or just say "Hey you!"

Player vs Player player.

In a sentence: "Aw, I got played playing a Player vs Player player.

Rot
01-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Player vs Player player.

In a sentence: "Aw, I got played playing a Player vs Player player.

I said I'd just call them "Player".
-.-''

Rot: You are approaching 1337 posts. Post carefully my friend, that 1337 post had better live up to its number. And believe it or not, 1337 is not prime!

Yes thanks for the advice!

Promagin
03-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Wtf? This isn't runescape? Oh no xp waste!!!!

Caiahar
03-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Necro MOUR! Following the footsteps of noodleleg!

The Sadness
03-31-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm gonna PK you Shadow. :D

Caiahar
03-31-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm gonna PK you Shadow. :D

Whatever.