PDA

View Full Version : Demon class!

Arterra
09-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I think we will one day get another class option, and I would enjoy it being a demon with horns and everything.
stats:
250 HP and 250 MANA
new item type to go with it are "claws" for melee (like wolverine style) and "gauntlets" for ranged (make them magical, shoot stuff out). would be like daggers/wands, but a little slower and more damage, no shields. also have lots more procs on them!
-The special thing about this class would be that it has no specific stat to go in. claws/gauntlets can only be wielded by demons, any stat orientation, and are only equipable by level. also, demons have whatever attributes are given to them via stats doubled, so int gives more mana(and spell damage?), str more hp&armor and dex more crit/dodge than usual. make the skills undead based, and not with any one direction to any style of playing.

I can imagine this being harder for newbs to get a grasp of. so. only usable by people with all 3 classes at least lvl25.

OPINIONS BELOW

edited to balance out...

no requirements for gear? So you basically want a boss class that no one could beat?
they can only wield claws or gauntlets. of their level or below. either ranged or melee.

so what do you double, an archer's bonus, a warrior's?
all of em :) to be fair editing HP and MANA to 150 at start.

Chickdigcookies
09-22-2010, 02:48 PM
awesome stuff.

Royce
09-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Double stat bonuses from attributes, and no requirements for gear? So you basically want a boss class that no one could beat? First of all, there is no set stat gain for attributes, it is different depending on your class, so what do you double, an archer's bonus, a warrior's? Anyway, some of the other stuff sounds cool, but it seems like you are proposing a very overpowered class.

SlipperyJim
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Aren't the demons the badguys? Other than that point, I think this idea would be fun....

Banned
09-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Was going to send Cinco a PM asking for the addition of a new dagger variation (wanted to finish drawing out my idea). What was it? A claw, dawg.

And like Royce said, this new class idea seems very OP. Maybe if it were only playable in Elite campaigns? Of course, that would piss a ton of people off, AND most likely be THE only class that players would use to go EDing.

In other words, there's little chance of this class finding a balanced spot in the world of PL.

Snakespeare
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
It's a great fantasy. It's fun on that level. :)

Slush
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
overpowered, you need to balance this 'demon class' out a bit more

Arterra
09-22-2010, 05:06 PM
edited to balance slightly, but at least want a claw item lol. or a giant fisted gauntlet, that glows...

Banned
09-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Still not diggin' the whole "doubled stats" thing, but yeah, we totally need a bad-*** claw all up in this grill (that sounded nasty).

Cascade
09-22-2010, 05:34 PM
I've been mentioning claws a lot lately....Claws need to look like claws not like a talon...I want an epic looking design for a claw....Can you PM your design to me Banned?

Vyvin
09-22-2010, 06:03 PM
I have a design too!
/Vyvin

Arterra
09-22-2010, 06:49 PM
some one post a design then!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Double stat bonuses from attributes, and no requirements for gear? So you basically want a boss class that no one could beat? First of all, there is no set stat gain for attributes, it is different depending on your class, so what do you double, an archer's bonus, a warrior's? Anyway, some of the other stuff sounds cool, but it seems like you are proposing a very overpowered class.

Spoken like a true poet O.o.

vulgarstrike
09-22-2010, 08:30 PM
well, theres ever gonna be a fourth class it will be a human.

Arterra
09-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Human... Weak. Just not up to PL standards I think.
Ok, demon streaching it. Imma ok with the fox.

vulgarstrike
09-22-2010, 10:06 PM
well, check out the human dak in towne, that should give you enough of a teaser.

Protank
09-22-2010, 10:06 PM
I want human 1st really..

FluffNStuff
09-22-2010, 10:21 PM
OK, I can get behind this with one condition, and I am sure you won't like it. So this Demon has insane skills, and get double dex stats so crit at 3 dex, damage at 5 etc. And it gets double str / int stats, health / mana for each 1 pt and regen for each 25. But here is the rub. It can only use Demon specific equipment, and Demon specific equipment are only gray (yet still rare, of course). So no crit / dodge / regen from equipment. What do you all think?

Prest87
09-22-2010, 10:36 PM
I think we will one day get another class option, and I would enjoy it being a demon with horns and everything.
stats:
250 HP and 250 MANA
new item type to go with it are "claws" for melee (like wolverine style) and "gauntlets" for ranged (make them magical, shoot stuff out). would be like daggers/wands, but a little slower and more damage, no shields. also have lots more procs on them!
-The special thing about this class would be that it has no specific stat to go in. claws/gauntlets can only be wielded by demons, any stat orientation, and are only equipable by level. also, demons have whatever attributes are given to them via stats doubled, so int gives more mana(and spell damage?), str more hp&armor and dex more crit/dodge than usual. make the skills undead based, and not with any one direction to any style of playing.

I can imagine this being harder for newbs to get a grasp of. so. only usable by people with all 3 classes at least lvl25.

OPINIONS BELOW

edited to balance out...

they can only wield claws or gauntlets. of their level or below. either ranged or melee.

all of em :) to be fair editing HP and MANA to 150 at start.

All three lvl25 really, if this class happens all three at 45 is better.

DaiJue
09-23-2010, 10:24 AM
OK, I can get behind this with one condition, and I am sure you won't like it. So this Demon has insane skills, and get double dex stats so crit at 3 dex, damage at 5 etc. And it gets double str / int stats, health / mana for each 1 pt and regen for each 25. But here is the rub. It can only use Demon specific equipment, and Demon specific equipment are only gray (yet still rare, of course). So no crit / dodge / regen from equipment. What do you all think?

I agree, either that or Demon class can only equip weapon and no armor.

xera
09-23-2010, 10:47 AM
these would be pretty cool for claws:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs29/f/2008/110/2/1/Diablo2__Druid___Assassin_by_frostenblade.jpg

http://www.d2sector.net/images/assassin_overview.jpg

http://bestgamewallpapers.com/files/diablo-2-lord-of-destruction/assassin.jpg

Arterra
09-23-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't care what kind of copyright you have to violate, GET ME THOSE CLAWS.
Ok asumin this demon thing flops, what stat then would claws be? Dex? Daggers are too similar. Fouling this with daggers is a crime. Will our new race (efhmm... Fox) have a new stat to add on? If so, I would think it's luck. (honestly best stat can make up on short notice)

markus
09-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Screw the whole demon thing the class that would make this game better is a rogue class! I do not care if its demon, human, fox, or any other god forsaken creature so long as it has the abilty to stealth and most of its abilties are wraped round that! Rogues are the best

RedRyder
09-24-2010, 11:48 AM
new class means everyone ditching their characters and switching over. there'll be no uniqueness at all. keep it at 3 classes kthanksbye

markus
09-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Not so, when deathknigh class came out for wow a lot of ppl started playing it because it was new but after the hype was over ppl went back to whatever class they enjoyed the most. Sure some kept the deathnight as there main but that's because they enjoyed the playstyle more. Iam gona play as a birdie once pl comes to android , but if they ever do make a rogue class I will drop my other classes and make a rogue as my main because its the playstyl I enjoy.

Arterra
09-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Not so, when deathknigh class came out for wow a lot of ppl started playing it because it was new but after the hype was over ppl went back to whatever class they enjoyed the most. Sure some kept the deathnight as there main but that's because they enjoyed the playstyle more. Iam gona play as a birdie once pl comes to android , but if they ever do make a rogue class I will drop my other classes and make a rogue as my main because its the playstyl I enjoy.
yu just killed the purpose of your deathknight explanation lool

i like rogue, but it's dex based already... unless we get a class in which we cannot tell for sure what it is supposed to be, it would create unbalance.
i gotta admit, a human fits that. still, want a fox. or demon. :D

TwinkTastical
09-24-2010, 07:05 PM
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/instinctiveko/8c40cbfe.jpg
Yeah! and it rolls on a ball!

Arterra
09-24-2010, 07:07 PM
ROBOT CLASS... epic

Tailless
09-24-2010, 07:45 PM
I would still love to see this be the next class :)
I think it would be awesome if they combined a lot of the ideas in this thread for the next race. Make the next playable character a Duck-billed Platypus. The special skills could be Poisons(Damage Over Time, Decreased Movement Speed,or Confusion[enemies will sometimes attack themselves]. The other class skills could be Human Pets. Some examples could be a Nurse or Doctor would maybe single target heal the lowest player, or a Plumber/Electrician could do different elemental damage to 1-3 enemies. Only allow 1 pet to be active at a time and the damage from just the Platypus should be very low so that the class wouldn't be overpowered compared to the others. You could also have a super rare Spacetime Studios Dev pet. He jumps out and starts singing and dancing and all the characters in the level fall over laughing and die.

Arterra
09-24-2010, 08:05 PM
u know, i think I may have been the one to come up with platypus... i was like "i want this" and then it went crazy lool

markus
09-24-2010, 08:33 PM
yu just killed the purpose of your deathknight explanation lool

i like rogue, but it's dex based already... unless we get a class in which we cannot tell for sure what it is supposed to be, it would create unbalance.
i gotta admit, a human fits that. still, want a fox. or demon. :D

no, my point was it will not mean everyone will roll a rogue or demon or whatever class they come up with in the end. sure for maybe for a short time alot of ppl will try the flavor but in the end most ppl will go back to the class they want to play and only the ppl that like the play style of new class will play it.

i tried out the deathknight for a bit but shortly after went back to my rogue just cause i found that playstyle way more fun.

Tailless
09-25-2010, 09:13 AM
u know, i think I may have been the one to come up with platypus... i was like "i want this" and then it went crazy lool

I don't remember seeing your post, but you know the old saying "Great Minds..." I wrote that on 07-17-2010 on one of the many threads about a new playable class. I combined a few of the previous ideas people had posted and incorporated them into what I thought would be a fun class to play.

Arterra
09-25-2010, 09:22 AM
gotcha, found my old post... nothing special lol, my memory is shot...
anyways, LL supports me!

We need werewolves. Or demons! Or MONSTERS!! OR DINOSAURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-gets knocked out-

icantgetkills
09-25-2010, 10:07 AM
We need a new character bird bear and squirrel thing getting old they need a turtle and a human or undead guy

Arterra
09-25-2010, 10:45 AM
you could change the bear class to berserker and the turtle to warrior... to reflect a offense and defense advantage (the true tanker)

markus
09-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Rogue class based of dex. The birdie is ranged dps mostly like a hunter or scout now we need a mele dps besides the bear. Have the rogue duel weild of coarse. Med or light armor but great dodge and good dps and control(stuns, slows, disorentaion). Base most of the moves around stealth... be so cool! Duel weild most weps but gets big dmg bonus for fist weps and daggers.

Raxie
09-25-2010, 03:08 PM
turtles would just be strange.

Arterra
09-25-2010, 05:28 PM
We need a new character bird bear and squirrel thing getting old they need a turtle and a human or undead guy

well not getting old, we are simply just impatient :D i blame the 45 syndrome, where you sit there, wondering what next...

Conradin
09-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Remember to post ideas for a new class on my thread and later vote!

Xviperr
09-26-2010, 08:45 AM
sounds overpowered.. but i love the IDEA!!! double-thumbs up

Arterra
11-12-2010, 03:09 PM
http://www.gobankingrates.com/system/wp/blogs/gobankingrates/bump1.jpg

Fyrce
11-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Would love to see claws, wings, tails, multiple legs, crests, scales, etc.

Arterra
12-15-2010, 05:00 PM
https://supportforums.motorola.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-141875-2591/Bump_Mario.gif

for new people in forums. class ideas where good here.

also, good to know we got dual wield weapons! claws added to that category and DONE!