PDA

View Full Version : Pets will NOT be in Capture the Flag

Samhayne
01-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Right now the team has pets hooked up - but they don't fight, you don't have access to their activated Arcane Ability but they do give their passive.

The problem is visual clutter. In a full 4 v 4 match, omg there is a lot going on in a team battle and the pets really clutter that up. The current plan is to pull out the ability to have your pet out in a PvP map. This helps to keep the focus on Player vs. Player.

This, like all things, might change. We might keep pets out of CTF and bring them in for FFA style gameplay, for example.

What do ya think?

Vystirch
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Right now the team has pets hooked up - but they don't fight, you don't have access to their activated Arcane Ability but they do give their passive.

The problem is visual clutter. In a full 4 v 4 match, omg there is a lot going on in a team battle and the pets really clutter that up. The current plan is to pull out the ability to have your pet out in a PvP map. This helps to keep the focus on Player vs. Player.

This, like all things, might change. We might keep pets out of CTF and bring them in for FFA style gameplay, for example.

What do ya think?

That makes sense Sam thanks for the passive pets though :) I would like to maybe see pets in 1v1 or other types of game play.

azefekie
01-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Well to all those people who said pets will be avaliable and said i was gonna be wrong....hmmm. +1

octavos
01-17-2013, 06:13 PM
pets are the heart of AL, I think they should stay for FFA or 1v1...just adds more possibilities to PvP. I think they should stay..but I agree no pets on CTF..just there passives.

the more variables..the more possibilities for success for your build.

Samhayne
01-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Sorry for the confusion about the passive. In Capture the Flag, your pet will not be out, you won't have their activated arcane ability and you will not receive benefit from any pet passive ability.

Dreuefesie
01-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Makes sense, less clutter would be very good!

octavos
01-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Sorry for the confusion about the passive. In Capture the Flag, your pet will not be out, you won't have their activated arcane ability and you will not receive benefit from any pet passive ability.

Right now the team has pets hooked up - but they don't fight, you don't have access to their activated Arcane Ability but they do give their passive
thats how I understood it XD..i guess im wrong..might wanna fix that

as for pets..if one is out then out with all of them..I wouldn't make 2 builds for different aspeks of PvP. I would only use one ;) but IDK...maybe ill just give it a shoot..and and just look on from the sidelines.

azefekie
01-17-2013, 06:49 PM
pets are the heart of AL, I think they should stay for FFA or 1v1...just adds more possibilities to PvP. I think they should stay..but I agree no pets on CTF..just there passives.

the more variables..the more possibilities for success for your build.

thats how I understood it XD..i guess im wrong..might wanna fix that

as for pets..if one is out then out with all of them..I wouldn't make 2 builds for different aspeks of PvP. I would only use one ;) but IDK...maybe ill just give it a shoot..and and just look on from the sidelines.

Doesn't really add more posibilities just more stats that you want. you won't need 2 builds PvP builds are better than PVE builds even in PVE

Mortal
01-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Hmm not sure if I like this idea, pets are the soul of the game. Would like to see them incorporated later in production.

Matutd
01-17-2013, 06:57 PM
So do we still get the stat bonuses that come with pets? I know plenty of people who make their builds based on those.

nicoB
01-17-2013, 07:38 PM
No you dont get stats from pets so i feel bad for all of you that based your build on pet stats. I'm glad i invested a good amount in passives without weakening my skills too much

nicoB
01-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Ohya and i think its grest that pets arent involved yet

Vystirch
01-17-2013, 07:58 PM
No you dont get stats from pets so i feel bad for all of you that based your build on pet stats. I'm glad i invested a good amount in passives without weakening my skills too much

Um rogue with granite is gonna help stats superbly sry you won't find need for him :(

nicoB
01-17-2013, 08:20 PM
But pets wont be in ctf?

Jcyee
01-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Well. this is good to know. Thanks for the heads up

Duflie
01-17-2013, 10:05 PM
ehh I don't like pets anyways. Imagine feeding them every freaken 10 min to stay on top of your game.

nicoB
01-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Very true

beargasm
01-18-2013, 03:23 AM
Will there be an aim function same to PL pvp or will it be the same as pve wherr your skill targets the nearest mob? :3

Hafizhalfajri
01-18-2013, 08:59 AM
I hope if pet can't join, there will be PvP (pet vs Pet) or 4vs4 pet fight lol it would be fun i think

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 09:55 AM
I hope if pet can't join, there will be PvP (pet vs Pet) or 4vs4 pet fight lol it would be fun i think

that would be like Pokemon. Quite cool. LOL.

Sharaobic
01-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Pets arcane ability and their passive bonus to stats iz a part pf build az gear.Just their increasing normal passive attack is OP.

math83
01-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Better without pets hehe

Infrico
01-18-2013, 12:57 PM
ehh I don't like pets anyways. Imagine feeding them every freaken 10 min to stay on top of your game.

Exactly...Sam I urge you to read that quote and tell it to the production team. If you guys are even considering including pets, do not, and I MEAN DO NOT, make us pay to constantly feed them. You have no idea how unenjoyable that will make PvP and this game will defo lose a considerable number of its PvP population because of it.

Carapace
01-18-2013, 12:58 PM
to weigh in on this it's important to note that while PvP will not immediately involve pets due to the clutter and other related issues, in the future we want to re-introduce the pets in a meaningful way to PvP scenarios.

Infrico
01-18-2013, 01:00 PM
by all means do, but please take my previous comment into consideration, im sure i can find a thousand people that wud agree with it =)

If you don't mind a suggestion for the future, make non-pet pvp and pet pvp an actual option in-game, as you can see, some people disagree and agree with having pets, it would be awesome to meet both criteria by giving them an option.

Carapace
01-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Will there be an aim function same to PL pvp or will it be the same as pve wherr your skill targets the nearest mob? :3

Targeting mechanics will remain consistent with PvE content

Melodicdeath
01-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Sorry Wrath Jaw, buddy, looks like you'll have to sit this one out :( Colton....you will be mine tomorrow but no ctf for you either :( But in a couple weeks well slay swashbuckling pirates, then its on! Sit back..relax..and don't get too fat on your time off.

wvhills
01-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Sam, it seems like ur two comments conflict each other. I can't tell whether or not passive abilities will be allowed or not. I myself am fine without arcane abilities but would like to see passives added. The arcane abilities would lead to too many stuns and roots but the i feel like the passive abilities are essential.

You guys designed each class to have strengths and weakness which can be addressed through the use of pets. I'm a rouge and designed mine with high damage at the expense of mana. I compensate for this by using certain pets to either increase my mana supply or my mana regen. i have lots of plats so I can respec to a different build which will increase my mana but lower my damage. That's fine for pvp but I'm not going to farm pve with a build like that because I'm not willing to spend 5 plat (or even 1 plat) every day to respec. In that case I'll probably choose to play pve and stay out of pvp.

I think most of those who agree with not having pets are people who don't have very good pets. I would agree with their thinking if all the best pets were plat but most of the best pets drop in game. So I feel like it's rewarding players who don't spend as much time farming by leveling the playing field. It will also be a discouragement for people to purchase pets with plat if the persons main goal is to pvp.

I'd suggest either:
1) making it so we can keep the pets passives or (if that's too hard to code)
2) give us a pvp and a pve loadout that includes our build and skills as well as our gear. I think it should be free to switch between the two builds but cost 5 plat to change the actual build itself.

Vystirch
01-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Yes I so agree just didn't feel like typing that much +1

Xman
01-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Can I ask a silly question? is there any reward for winning PvP, u know, any motivation to fight PvP? beside a title or an achievement?
Will it be similar to Hountlet, we get coin after winning and can use coin to buy pet or chest?

I think it will be awesome if you create a kind of chest that can only bought buy using PvP coin, and there chest can randomly give some good stuffs (These stuffs must be good enough, better than stuffs in elite chests). In that way people will fight PvP all the time, it's really fun:):tan::chuncky:

Personally I think 5, 10, or 20 winning coin respectively to buy copper, silver or golden chest (unique chest which can only buy in PvP) is a reasonable price:) I saw my players said they don't really interested in PvP, but with this, they will :D

Bless
01-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Can I ask a silly question? is there any reward for winning PvP, u know, any motivation to fight PvP? beside a title or an achievement?
Will it be similar to Hountlet, we get coin after winning and can use coin to buy pet or chest?
I think it will be awesome if you create a kind of chest that can only bought buy using PvP coin, and there chest can randomly give some good stuffs (These stuffs must be good enough, better than stuffs in elite chests). In that way people will fight PvP all the time, it's really fun:):tan::chuncky: there will be pvp achievements and leaderboards

Xman
01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
there will be pvp achievements and leaderboards

That's exactly what I want to say. 90% of players don't care about Achievement and leaderboards, so I think it's better if there is a good reward system, I edited my previous post about a suggestion of reward, plz read it. Thanks:)

Bless
01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Well see, pvp is a TOTAL option and a free will decision. If ya want to fight others for the enjoyment and fun, do it. Really shouldnt expect rewards from pvp. Shouldnt force peeps if they dont want to pvp.

Can easily be exploited by farming kills.

Vystirch
01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Well see, pvp is a TOTAL option and a free will decision. If ya want to fight others for the enjoyment and fun, do it. Really shouldnt expect rewards from pvp.

Would be cool though.

Bless
01-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Well see, pvp is a TOTAL option and a free will decision. If ya want to fight others for the enjoyment and fun, do it. Really shouldnt expect rewards from pvp.

Would be cool though. like I said easily exploited.

Vystirch
01-18-2013, 02:44 PM
like I said easily exploited.

Yah, what about PvP vanity. Would could make it really expensive and cool looking. The coin system would be by team successes not individual successes to make it more elite PvP vanity.

Bless
01-18-2013, 03:01 PM
like I said easily exploited.

Yah, what about PvP vanity. Would could make it really expensive and cool looking. The coin system would be by team successes not individual successes to make it more elite PvP vanity. Hmm I guess vanity rewards can be considered =)

Lady_Pebbles
01-18-2013, 03:04 PM
IF we ever have a Tower Defense type of PvP for guild vs guild (hunt hint >_>), I think pets would be of great use. :)

Glotch
01-18-2013, 03:17 PM
I think the passive of pets should be active wile the skills of the pete are not, due to "To much cluter". Pets are kinda cheap to mantain, and if your to poor to feed them you can switch them around, not that hard. I have based my hole build and pvp tactice around my passive pet buff and it has been smashed by no pets.

There should be a option for the host to select if he wants pets or no pets.

Time will tell how it goes with no pets at all. Could still be great! But at the moment not looking forward to it.

nicoB
01-18-2013, 03:39 PM
You guys designed each class to have strengths and weakness which can be addressed through the use of pets. I'm a rouge and designed mine with high damage at the expense of mana. I compensate for this by using certain pets to either increase my mana supply or my mana regen. i have lots of plats so I can respec to a different build which will increase my mana but lower my damage.

I think most of those who agree with not having pets are people who don't have very good pets.

i have best pets in game for rogue and i dont want pets in pvp. you van make a build that gives you mana without having to sacrafice damage. just think it through, i did. and i have a feeling I'm going to be nuking other rogue with skills after they run out of mana

Ladycandyheal
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Please put Pets in FFA, Pet battles or turn based if its a real problem. I think Pets are a huge part of AL and they should be included in PVP in some FUN way

wvhills
01-18-2013, 04:09 PM
i have best pets in game for rogue and i dont want pets in pvp. you van make a build that gives you mana without having to sacrafice damage. just think it through, i did. and i have a feeling I'm going to be nuking other rogue with skills after they run out of mana

Read my whole post, that's my point exactly. I can change my build just for pvp but then I'll be a lot weaker in pve. Ur build may have more mana than mine but that comes at the price of you dealing a lot less damage. Without pets in pvp or a free loadout then we will see a lot of low damage/ high hp or mana rogues running around pve.

nicoB
01-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Read my whole post, that's my point exactly. I can change my build just for pvp but then I'll be a lot weaker in pve. Ur build may have more mana than mine but that comes at the price of you dealing a lot less damage. Without pets in pvp or a free loadout then we will see a lot of low damage/ high hp or mana rogues running around pve.

I still deal as much dmg as another rogue. 272dps 995 mana 1.6K HP with malison. without. 775 mana 1.4 hp 259 dps. Not much dmg loss

Nnaziza
01-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Samhayne please put pet, they don't fight and no pet skill, but stat ability on.