PDA

View Full Version : FFA will rule pvp.

Bless
01-17-2013, 05:20 PM
FFA should rule pvp!

In al, ffa is the type of pvp I will mostly go for. Will you go for FFA or the 'go' Call system?

Bootdaddy
01-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Ffa

Dreuefesie
01-17-2013, 05:23 PM
I will be play FFA and I know that many others are thinking the same way. It'll be lots of fun!

azefekie
01-17-2013, 05:40 PM
"call system" is for the noobs who can't think on their feet fast enough to defend themselves. There are too many of us who have discussed that we will be "rushing" in AL, no one will have time for a "go" gg and happy hunting :D

D-:
01-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Lol... It will come in time. Trust me. PL was an FFA system of pvp but look what happened? There's rarely ANY FFA games where I play, and when you FFA with your team, the other team cries because you're a "noob for not saying go and being fair". I just hope pvp doesn't evolve into what PL has become.

Oskitopee
01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
umm what's wrong with go system? its more fair, as there's nobody nuking u from behind or anything. You both have an equal chance. whereas ffa, the odds are bent more towards one person. idk if this makes sense or not :)

Duflie
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
umm what's wrong with go system? its more fair, as there's nobody nuking u from behind or anything. You both have an equal chance. whereas ffa, the odds are bent more towards one person. idk if this makes sense or not :)

surely i do not like being nuked from behind but i'd love to do it to others.

azefekie
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
umm what's wrong with go system? its more fair, as there's nobody nuking u from behind or anything. You both have an equal chance. whereas ffa, the odds are bent more towards one person. idk if this makes sense or not :)nope

nicoB
01-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Wen you use the go system you just have people standinginlike FFa where its full on action all the time. i wish someone would utter the wirds "ready?" Or "go" they would be my main target -_- FFa a is completely fair. it makes you tough

azefekie
01-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Wen you use the go system you just have people standinginlike FFa where its full on action all the time. i wish someone would utter the wirds "ready?" Or "go" they would be my main target -_- FFa a is completely fair. it makes you tough

^ What he said

Vystirch
01-17-2013, 08:02 PM
FFA.....ftw!

Cero
01-17-2013, 08:12 PM
"Go system" for noobs? i dont think so.
Its not a noobness act. Its fighting to know whos tough between the two. IK you know that already so dont call it a noob'ness act.

IF
sts make a map that doesnt need a host then theres a low chance of doing "go system".
but theres a huge chance AL pvp will be the same as DL

azefekie
01-17-2013, 08:27 PM
lol I hope you say go in a room I'm in :D can't wait to farm you. Tournaments are for finding out who is best not a standard pvp room.
"Go system" for noobs? i dont think so.
Its not a noobness act. Its fighting to know whos tough between the two. IK you know that already so dont call it a noob'ness act.

IF
sts make a map that doesnt need a host then theres a low chance of doing "go system".
but theres a huge chance AL pvp will be the same as DL

azefekie
01-17-2013, 08:33 PM
BTW forgot to mention there are already threads like this...

Rollo
01-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Honestly Ive never heard of calling your shots in mmorpg pvp games before. I suggest getting your game face on before you sign up for pvp.

Royce
01-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Where did this whole "go" thing even come from? I played PL PvP for years and no one said go. No one even thought about it. We just played PvP as it was designed: join and start blowing people up. Sure if you have a prearranged 1vs1 match with specific rules, thats different. Took a year and half off, come back and everyone's whining about people not playing by unspoken, unclear, house rules. I plan to play as the game is designed to be played, however that is. It appears CTF will be out first, and when true battle PvP comes out, it is supposedly going to be a whole new system, so we'll have to wait and see.

azefekie
01-17-2013, 09:25 PM
It started from players who cried "i wasn't ready" then they would say " yeah you have to get a head start because you're scared" something along these lines.

Hope to see you on the battlefield Royce glad to see some compitition is coming.

Where did this whole "go" thing even come from? I played PL PvP for years and no one said go. No one even thought about it. We just played PvP as it was designed: join and start blowing people up. Sure if you have a prearranged 1vs1 match with specific rules, thats different. Took a year and half off, come back and everyone's whining about people not playing by unspoken, unclear, house rules. I plan to play as the game is designed to be played, however that is. It appears CTF will be out first, and when true battle PvP comes out, it is supposedly going to be a whole new system, so we'll have to wait and see.

On a seperate note if it is mass ffa which it most likely will be you can count on a lot of guilds saying "he's in my guild i can't kill him" i can see why, some people get their feelings hurt then cause guild drama. As for our guild...it's a game and just fun, So hopefully people don't cry and take it too serious.

Lady_Pebbles
01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
FFA all the way. This isn't even a debate or a question. Its gonna be FFA one way or another. XD

dermato
01-17-2013, 09:44 PM
If anyone cries that we didn't say go I wont feel ONE bit bad. It's PvP. If they cry, let them. They don't belong in PvP.

KingFu
01-17-2013, 10:34 PM

My understanding of it is, as PvP got older, more egos developed. People would get butthurt over someone else killing them in a regular match. Their pride couldn't take the hit, so they challenged the person to 1v1 to prove their "superiority". The game would come to a halt, or they would create another match (and others would follow to watch). From there, it just evolved into every game being a 1v1 style unless someone stated otherwise. Nice to see STS is setting the tone by releasing CTF first, should influence more people to accept the kill-everything-in-sight style.

Otukura
01-17-2013, 10:38 PM
My understanding of it is, as PvP got older, more egos developed. People would get butthurt over someone else killing them in a regular match. Their pride couldn't take the hit, so they challenged the person to 1v1 to prove their "superiority". The game would come to a halt, or they would create another match (and others would follow to watch). From there, it just evolved into every game being a 1v1 style unless someone stated otherwise. Nice to see STS is setting the tone by releasing CTF first, should influence more people to accept the kill-everything-in-sight style.

My understanding was that everyone but you was below me and wouldn't accept it until I wrecked them in a 1v1. Others took my example.

xcainnblecterx
01-17-2013, 10:46 PM
I say ffa, but i cant wait for pvp to be.out 2-3 days and people yelling out nub/noob every other sentence. I say go in pl as when i rush i end up getting a whole team on me, which is no Bueno

Dreuefesie
01-17-2013, 10:58 PM
I say ffa, but i cant wait for pvp to be.out 2-3 days and people yelling out nub/noob every other sentence. I say go in pl as when i rush i end up getting a whole team on me, which is no Bueno

I don't 'rush' in PL for the same reason. Alot of the time it is extremely temping to just combo everyone who is taking up room and not participating though.

Cero
01-18-2013, 01:09 AM
lol I hope you say go in a room I'm in :D can't wait to farm you. Tournaments are for finding out who is best not a standard pvp room.

i farmed deaths on SL, i dont see why i wont in AL if theres a "go system".
so you cant tell he is better than him in 1vs1? ok. doesnt make sense though

azefekie
01-18-2013, 04:51 AM
Sure you can, I was speaking in general. Farming "noobs" isn't a hard achievement ;) this is why a lot of people are "scared" of end game PvP too much competition. So they twink PvP and farm the new players and when they see their name on the leaderboard they feel they have done something amazing.
i farmed deaths on SL, i dont see why i wont in AL if theres a "go system".
so you cant tell he is better than him in 1vs1? ok. doesnt make sense though

私は真心膠어두운給力afk
01-18-2013, 05:57 AM
a noob question

what is FFA stand for? Final Fantasy Artniks?

Dreuefesie
01-18-2013, 06:00 AM
a noob question

what is FFA stand for? Final Fantasy Artniks?

Free For All! :)

私は真心膠어두운給力afk
01-18-2013, 06:05 AM
Free For All! :)

Flash For Android? :emmersed:

Dreuefesie
01-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Flash For Android? :emmersed:

No thank you..

wvhills
01-18-2013, 08:46 AM
I'm going to type "go" at the beginning of every fight. When people have their keyboards out to either say "go" or "ffa" I'm going to kill them then run away. Then when they are rage typing I will kill them again.

nicoB
01-18-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm going to type "go" at the beginning of every fight. When people have their keyboards out to either say "go" or "ffa" I'm going to kill them then run away. Then when they are rage typing I will kill them again.

Lol genius ^

Ladycandyheal
01-18-2013, 10:06 AM
"call system" is for the noobs who can't think on their feet fast enough to defend themselves. There are too many of us who have discussed that we will be "rushing" in AL, no one will have time for a "go" gg and happy hunting :D

You were a "noob" or what I prefer to use, new to PVP once yourself. I've never played more than 10 minutes of PVP in any MMORPG because its never interested me honestly.

This time, I am excited about PVP because this is a relatively new game and I won't have to deal with people cursing and acting all stupid lol. Hopefully not :P

GoodSyntax
01-18-2013, 11:58 AM
I am fine with both variants of PvP, but I do admit that the Go system made for very slow games.

I do agree that releasing CTF first probably hints that STS is hoping for FFA.

I am hoping that STS addresses the following with AL PvP:

- Prevent spawn farming
- Joining games should make more sense (no level 18s joining a map with mostly lv20-21s)
- Shadow Piercer attack actually attacking the right person
- Pets actually attacking the correct target
- Pet Arcane abilities affect the correct party (the owner of the pet should always receive the buff regardless of pet proximity)

I do wonder if PvP will make the pricing of Lifethiefs/Heartseekers/Watchmans bows and other top-end gear go through the roof (as if a lv21 ALP isn't pricey enough already).

Can't wait!

azefekie
01-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Of coure i was at one point...but we had no "go system" you sucked it up and learned how to pvp real quick. We didn't cry about being slaughtered
You were a "noob" or what I prefer to use, new to PVP once yourself. I've never played more than 10 minutes of PVP in any MMORPG because its never interested me honestly.

This time, I am excited about PVP because this is a relatively new game and I won't have to deal with people cursing and acting all stupid lol. Hopefully not :P

azefekie
01-18-2013, 12:07 PM
I do wonder if PvP will make the pricing of Lifethiefs/Heartseekers/Watchmans bows and other top-end gear go through the roof (as if a lv21 ALP isn't pricey enough already).

Can't wait!
I guarantee it for the bows, so buy them while they're cheap. People will realize soon enough they can sit behind a pack and spam a bow and skills from a distance..kinda like mages and the gun...but noooo dps is better...I lol @ those people

GoodSyntax
01-18-2013, 12:13 PM
I take back some of my concerns regarding PvP - I just read Sam's post saying that there will not be pets in CTF or PvP. That means no pet attacks, no passives and no Arcane Abilities.

GoodSyntax
01-18-2013, 12:15 PM
I guarantee it for the bows, so buy them while they're cheap. People will realize soon enough they can sit behind a pack and spam a bow and skills from a distance..kinda like mages and the gun...but noooo dps is better...I lol @ those people

I have a few Watchmans bows that I was going to sell....guess I'll be holding onto them and wait for the market to go through the roof.

Azefekie - What do you think will yield a better build, focus on Crit or Dodge?

Vystirch
01-18-2013, 12:16 PM
I have a few Watchmans bows that I was going to sell....guess I'll be holding onto them and wait for the market to go through the roof.

Azefekie - What do you think will yield a better build, focus on Crit or Dodge?

Crit and dodge.

GoodSyntax
01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
LOL of course!

Matutd
01-18-2013, 12:21 PM
This thread is funny. Saying go doesn't make you a noob, in pl it's the fair way to do it. Not necessarily the right way, but definitely fair. Rushing someone who isn't ready is a noob move. If you join a game and tell them that you'll rush them then fair enough, but the majority if rushers will find that they are terrible when everyone is fighting in the same manner.
Now, myself, I'll fight how my opponent wants to fight. I don't mean to say that I'll never rush, but if the "go system" becomes the dominant version of PvP, I'll often fight in that style. If you want to farm me for this, go ahead, my IGN is crithappenz.

xcainnblecterx
01-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Well pretty much every one that has posted in this.thread wants ffa. Also another reason i dont rush pl is.cause im garbage lmao. Now al we.will all be learning when it.first comes out

Lady_Pebbles
01-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Solution: Dont enter a match if you're not ready to PvP. Simple is as simple does.

XD

azefekie
01-18-2013, 02:13 PM
I like when you post about PvP :D

Solution: Dont enter a match if you're not ready to PvP. Simple is as simple does.

XD

Vystirch
01-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Three letters......f......f.......a........

Yep that's all.

Walkhardd
01-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Nerds!

xcainnblecterx
01-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Hater