PDA

View Full Version : How do the special elixiers stack or how many xp can u gain from running MM?

Bebsi
01-18-2013, 12:43 AM
I got a 3x combo elixier, bought a 7days-double XP and use thrasher (4x) to level one of my toons.

So, if they stack it means I would get 9x XP, right?

Running MegaMaze, I got only 770xp per run (around 160 kills).
That makes me wonder how many xp one kill gives...

If I calculate with the above input... one kill in MM gives about 0,5xp.
Can anybody post similar or other experiences? --> ty in advance :)

Another question... with the upcoming double xp weekend, will it stack with the above setting?
That would mean a possible 11x XP if one of ur toons hit a 3x combo ^_^
In that case xp gain would raise by another 18%, so I could gain around 900xp +/- per run.
5 minutes 1800xp... meaning u could cap a toon from lvl75-lvl76 in 4-5 hours (including emptying ur inv every 30 minutes or so)

I'm very busy with family and work atm so the upcoming special this weekend sounds very tempting ^_^

razerfingers
01-18-2013, 12:45 AM
I got a 3x combo elixier, bought a 7days-double XP and use thrasher (4x) to level one of my toons.

So, if they stack it means I would get 9x XP, right?

Running MegaMaze, I got only 770xp per run (around 160 kills).
That makes me wonder how many xp one kill gives...

If I calculate with the above input... one kill in MM gives about 0,5xp.
Can anybody post similar or other experiences? --> ty in advance :)

Another question... with the upcoming double xp weekend, will it stack with the above setting?
That would mean a possible 11x XP if one of ur toons hit a 3x combo ^_^
In that case xp gain would raise by another 18%, so I could gain around 900xp +/- per run.
5 minutes 1800xp... meaning u could cap a toon from lvl75-lvl76 in 4-5 hours (with emptying ur inv every 30 minutes or so)

I'm very busy with family and work atm so the upcoming special this weekend sounds very tempting ^_^

Yup, i believe so lol. I only have 59k left so imma not care about daily blessing wnd just drop $50 and do the fathom crypt joint.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Tankz
01-18-2013, 12:46 AM
On exp weekend you will have x18 because its 2x(3+2+4)

Bebsi
01-18-2013, 12:56 AM
On exp weekend you will have x18 because its 2x(3+2+4)

Hmm, if this is right, why does the 7day-2x elixier not multiply like 2x(3+4)?
That would be 14x XP...
770xp/160kills equals 4.8125 ... so one kill would only give 0.34xp ... xD

Well, maybe a dev can shed some light on this? ^_^

Everyone'sFavMage
01-18-2013, 01:04 AM
Same type of questions.

billybob1
01-18-2013, 01:29 AM
Every 2x xp weekend this happens

Deathofan
01-18-2013, 01:35 AM
Thrasher + 7 day 2xs exp + 3xs combo blessing + This weekend's 2xs exp is 18exp per kill. In MM you get around .5exp per kill so it's an effective 9-10exp per kill. So lets use 160kills per run, each mob will grant 9-10exp. You get 1440-1600exp per run, you can run 2 times in MM in 5 minutes making the range of 2880-3200exp per exp gain elixer (5mins). So you end up getting 34,560-38,400exp per hour if you get the 160kills.

Everyone'sFavMage
01-18-2013, 01:57 AM
I beg to differ. Me and James can run mm full runs 3 in 5 minutes.

Deathofan
01-18-2013, 02:28 AM
Depends on the class and the way you run the map. Pure dex birds run this map like butter in the oven, while bears have to switch to a bow then rage and keep pressing auto. Not to mention the rhinos that are going to cap this weekend there with their terrible buffs and skills.

AbsolutePally
01-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Sweet I'll level my mage. Maybe a rhino.

Techno Email
01-18-2013, 06:50 PM
As you guys know, elixirs stack with double XP weekend. I just learned that, in one of my other posts in the past, I didn't accurately describe how this stacking worked. :O Here is some clarification for those who are interested:

Say the base XP you get from an NPC is 1.

A 4x multiplier will multiply you base by 4: 1 base XP + 3 additional XP, for a total of 4 XP.
A 2x multiplier will multiply your base by 2: 1 base XP + 1 additional XP, for a total of 2 XP.

So, now let's look at how these work together.
A 4x multiplier plus a 2x multiplier will add the benefits of both of these elixir to you base XP: 1 base XP + 3 additional XP + 1 additional XP, for a total of 5 XP.

Now, let's double that for double XP weekend: (1 base XP + 3 additional XP + 1 additional XP) times 2, for a total of 10 XP.

My test validated that double XP weekend yields the results described above:
1 kill with no elixir: 2 XP
1 kill with 2x week-long elixir: 4-5 XP
1 kill with 2x week-long elixir and 4x thrasher: 10-11 XP

Multibird
01-18-2013, 10:11 PM
here comes my tank

Everyone'sFavMage
01-18-2013, 11:24 PM
I was level 68 and played at black smoke mountains and got 18 exp per kill, is it because the enemies are red? Meaning more base exp then 1?

Ogbuehi
01-19-2013, 12:37 AM
As you guys know, elixirs stack with double XP weekend. I just learned that, in one of my other posts in the past, I didn't accurately describe how this stacking worked. :O Here is some clarification for those who are interested:

Say the base XP you get from an NPC is 1.

A 4x multiplier will multiply you base by 4: 1 base XP + 3 additional XP, for a total of 4 XP.
A 2x multiplier will multiply your base by 2: 1 base XP + 1 additional XP, for a total of 2 XP.

So, now let's look at how these work together.
A 4x multiplier plus a 2x multiplier will add the benefits of both of these elixir to you base XP: 1 base XP + 3 additional XP + 1 additional XP, for a total of 5 XP.

Now, let's double that for double XP weekend: (1 base XP + 3 additional XP + 1 additional XP) times 2, for a total of 10 XP.

My test validated that double XP weekend yields the results described above:
1 kill with no elixir: 2 XP
1 kill with 2x week-long elixir: 4-5 XP
1 kill with 2x week-long elixir and 4x thrasher: 10-11 XP

This math makes no sense. According to the above, thrasher isn't multiplying your base XP, it's adding 3xp to the base xp. Otherwise if they actually multiplied, in order to get the full benefits, you would get 6xp. Calling them multipliers is a bit misleading and disingenuous, if this is actually how they work. I'm going to test this out if someone can point to a place where it is proven that enemies are worth exactly 1 XP.

H2N
01-19-2013, 01:14 AM
This math makes no sense. According to the above, thrasher isn't multiplying your base XP, it's adding 3xp to the base xp. Otherwise if they actually multiplied, in order to get the full benefits, you would get 6xp. Calling them multipliers is a bit misleading and disingenuous, if this is actually how they work. I'm going to test this out if someone can point to a place where it is proven that enemies are worth exactly 1 XP.

The bonus from each individual multiplier is calculated independently of each other, and then added up to arrive at the final xp value. Then multiplied by double xp. The actual mathematical formula is:

xp * (1 + sum of (stacking xp multiplier - 1)) * (double xp multiplier)

So if you have a 2x and a 4x and double xp weekend, and the base xp is 1, your final xp is:

1 * (1 + (2 - 1) + (4 - 1)) * 2 = 10

ZHEOTARE
01-19-2013, 05:25 AM
The bonus from each individual multiplier is calculated independently of each other, and then added up to arrive at the final xp value. Then multiplied by double xp. The actual mathematical formula is:

xp * (1 + sum of (stacking xp multiplier - 1)) * (double xp multiplier)

So if you have a 2x and a 4x and double xp weekend, and the base xp is 1, your final xp is:

1 * (1 + (2 - 1) + (4 - 1)) * 2 = 10

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but in the formula you're giving you're reducing the amount of the elixer. The 2x is written as 2-1, the 4x is 4-1. So essentially STS is reducing it to a 1x and a 3x.

I would the formula would look like this 2(2(xp)+4(xp)).

Seems like we aren't getting what we are paying for...

Ogbuehi
01-19-2013, 07:23 AM
^^^^. A 4x multiplier would mean its MULTIPLYING the base xp by 4. In reality, it's actually a 3xp ADDER. Now because of the way the "multiplier" actually works, we lose 1xp for every purchased XP elixir or daily blessing XP elixir we get up to 3xp!!! The only true multiplier that's offered is the weekend double XP which doubles when it stacks or by itself when applied to the base xp. I can understand why the purchased elixirs add instead of multiply of multiply when they stack. It prevents a possible crazy 24x outcome if you had a thrasher, weekly double, and 3x daily blessing. But I shouldn't be losing 1xp per purchased elixir. That's a bit unfair to those of us who are spending money in STS.

Bebsi
01-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Every 2x xp weekend this happens

So far there was no clear information how the elixirs and specials work together, just speculations.
At least we got an answer this time :)

ZHEOTARE
01-19-2013, 09:32 AM
But I shouldn't be losing 1xp per purchased elixir. That's a bit unfair to those of us who are spending money in STS.

My thoughts exactly. I agree they each elixir should stack instead of multiplying to each other to prevent some insane amount of xp. The are advertising a elixir that grants 4x experience, yet it's only granting 3x. That is an issue IMO.

If a mob is giving 1xp then with a thrasher on, I should be getting 4 xp when I kill it. Anything less is false advertising.

Everyone'sFavMage
01-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Umm guys? Go back to school. 4 times 1 = 4. So 1 base exp X 4 = 4. Am I the only one that sees this as the devs see this?

Multibird
01-19-2013, 07:04 PM
guys regular exp elixirs add to each other but they all multiply with 2x exp weekend.

Example: you have a 3x combo from blessing, a 4x thrasher, and you have 2x weekend long exp elixir. That will give you 9x exp per kill here is the reason: 3+4+2=9 but then there is the double exp weekend now you can multiply that 9x with 2x and you will receive 18 exp per kill.

If you are getting 18 exp per kill it will only take a hr or two to get from 75-76 in mega maze

Bebsi
01-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Are u even reading the posts from the devs? xD

As stated above a thrasher doesn't give 4x and a 3x combo doesn't give 3x...

Ogbuehi
01-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Umm guys? Go back to school. 4 times 1 = 4. So 1 base exp X 4 = 4. Am I the only one that sees this as the devs see this?

The problem is that's not what the dev's see or how it works. 4 x 1 = 3 + 1. The output may be the same but only the left side is a multiplier. The right side is an addition sequence. The right hand side is how the purchased multipliers work. In case you never went to math class, the right hand side is NOT multiplication. Or maybe you might try comprehension class.

After a bit of review it appears you only lose 2xp if you stack three elixirs. That's still quite a bit to lose but I guess I can't complain too much since one of three elixirs is a free daily blessing. I just didn't like the fact that the multipliers don't multiply and because of that, I lose out a bit. I buy the elixirs because I don't have the time to sit and wait for a good party to run BSM over and over. I already have to spend so much time completing furballs, cyber, and snowballs. Sts shouldn't be misleading me with something I'm paying for.

In conclusion, I am grateful for this double XP weekend. I was able to cap my third toon in 6 hours. I've helped keep my guild on top with the most capped paladins.

Bebsi
01-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Anyway, we got the information we asked for.
And I'm very grateful for this double xp weekend.
I would have never capped another toon if not for this multiplyer, so ty :)

Pls lock thread

ZHEOTARE
01-20-2013, 12:07 PM

Please break it down for me.

A 4x PLUS a 2x = 6x. Double weekend should double that. 6x2=12.

The devs statement said it equals 10.

Now please tell me where I'm looking at it incorrectly.

MightyMicah
01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
I've found that MightyMicah wearing MegaMage and running MegaMaze is an unstoppable combo. Not sure if this helps...;)

The Happiness
01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Please break it down for me.

A 4x PLUS a 2x = 6x. Double weekend should double that. 6x2=12.

The devs statement said it equals 10.

Now please tell me where I'm looking at it incorrectly.

No...it has been explained by devs earlier in the thread:

You start with your base xp, for example 1xp per kill. With a thrasher you have your base xp (1) plus 3 and with a double weekly xp you have your base xp (1) plus 1.

So...your xp with the double weekend xp event, a thrasher and the double weekly xp elixir would be : 2 x (1+3+1) = 10 per kill (If your base xp was 1 per kill...this would depend on threat level I believe)

I think the problem lies in the fact that we believe, for example, that a thrasher yields x4 xp but the devs are now saying this is not the case. It is the base xp plus 3 etc

Ogbuehi
01-20-2013, 01:23 PM
The only question the devs didn't answer is what does a thrasher do if an enemy is worth 2xp or .5xp? Does it just add 2xp to the first enemy and 3.5xp to the other? If so that would make it much harder to calculate if enemies are worth varying amounts of XP more or less than 1xp.

The Happiness
01-20-2013, 01:46 PM
The only question the devs didn't answer is what does a thrasher do if an enemy is worth 2xp or .5xp? Does it just add 2xp to the first enemy and 3.5xp to the other? If so that would make it much harder to calculate if enemies are worth varying amounts of XP more or less than 1xp.

I am suspecting we may never find out!

Ogbuehi
01-20-2013, 04:27 PM
I am suspecting we may never find out!

Maybe we'll find out during the next double xp weekend. I'm thinking that as well because that would mean those who buy an elixir but play in their rank appropriate level (meaning they don't have to buy an XP gain elixir) are really not getting their money's worth. And it would also explain why it only makes sense to power level in places like magic castle rather than a level where the enemies have high threat level. But the other side of that equation that remains a mystery is how the different threat levels affect the base xp. Wouldn't it be nice if there was simply a guide made by the devs that explained all this so we wouldn't have to answer these questions over and over?

The Happiness
01-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Maybe we'll find out during the next double xp weekend. I'm thinking that as well because that would mean those who buy an elixir but play in their rank appropriate level (meaning they don't have to buy an XP gain elixir) are really not getting their money's worth. And it would also explain why it only makes sense to power level in places like magic castle rather than a level where the enemies have high threat level. But the other side of that equation that remains a mystery is how the different threat levels affect the base xp. Wouldn't it be nice if there was simply a guide made by the devs that explained all this so we wouldn't have to answer these questions over and over?

I just posted this on another thread but I did a test with my bear ...it had 2xcombo elixir and 1.25 xp elixir (plus double xp weekend)

1kill in BSM gave 6xp

1kill in Mega Maze gave 3xp.....but there is the speed of the kills to take into the overall account when purchasing elixirs too!

FYI don't use Magic Castle ....xp cannot be gained there anymore ;P

Ogbuehi
01-20-2013, 10:41 PM
I just posted this on another thread but I did a test with my bear ...it had 2xcombo elixir and 1.25 xp elixir (plus double xp weekend)

1kill in BSM gave 6xp

1kill in Mega Maze gave 3xp.....but there is the speed of the kills to take into the overall account when purchasing elixirs too!

FYI don't use Magic Castle ....xp cannot be gained there anymore ;P

Hmm... So far that means that the output of a 2x plus 1.25x stacked gave you 3xp in BSM and 1.5xp in mm. I don't know if I can reverse engineer this without knowing the base xp for each enemy in each dungeon. Or I could just solve the equation and we have to assume that my base xp calculation is correct. This will require the use of some simple algebra.

ZHEOTARE
01-20-2013, 10:44 PM
I think the problem lies in the fact that we believe, for example, that a thrasher yields x4 xp but the devs are now saying this is not the case. It is the base xp plus 3 etc

I think the problem is in their stacking formula. According to both techno and hsn a thrasher independent of any other elixir gives us 4x. A weeklong independent of ant other elixer gives 2x. Even using the adding way, it's still 4x, and 2x. 4x1=4, 3+1=4, 2x1=2, 1+1=2. But when stacked we lose xp. As I said before, 2(4+2) does not equal 10.

Anywho, it doesn't matter. They aren't changing it, so I won't stress about it. Have a good night all.

Ogbuehi
01-20-2013, 10:55 PM
I think the problem is in their stacking formula. According to both techno and hsn a thrasher independent of any other elixir gives us 4x. A weeklong independent of ant other elixer gives 2x. Even using the adding way, it's still 4x, and 2x. 4x1=4, 3+1=4, 2x1=2, 1+1=2. But when stacked we lose xp. As I said before, 2(4+2) does not equal 10.

Anywho, it doesn't matter. They aren't changing it, so I won't stress about it. Have a good night all.

Yes, but how does a thrasher affect an enemy when if its not worth 1xp exactly. If the enemy is worth .5xp, does it add 3.5xp? That's the real question we need answered.

Libria
01-20-2013, 11:51 PM

I think the problem is in their stacking formula. According to both techno and hsn a thrasher independent of any other elixir gives us 4x. A weeklong independent of ant other elixer gives 2x.

Looks like you see how it works. The Thrasher grants 4x by adding 3 times the base:

base + (thrasher) =
base + (3 * base) = 4 * base

The result is 4x, but the Thrasher is actually a +3x-of-base elixir.

Same goes for 7day 2x elixir:

base + ( 7day ) =
base + (1 * base) = 2 * base

The result is 2x, and the elixir is actually a +1x-of-base elixir.

2x weekend is actually a multiplier though. Same name, different treatment.

So stacking is actually

((base) + (thrasher) + ( 7day )) * 2x weekend
((base) + (3 * base) + (1 * base)) * 2x weekend
( 5 * base ) * 2x weekend = 10 * base

or 10x.

It follows that the 3x daily combo would add +2x-of-base, then doubled (2x weekend) so +4x-of-base. Adding this to the 10x gives you 14x.

So as you said, Thrasher 4x, 7day 2x, and 3x combo only appear as such when no other elixir is in play. They would be better named +3x, +1x and +2x, respectively (hey is this why Arcane Legends uses percentage systems? e.g. +50%). Call it bait-and-switch if you will, but I think this is where the disconnect is.

Yes, but how does a thrasher affect an enemy when if its not worth 1xp exactly. If the enemy is worth .5xp, does it add 3.5xp? That's the real question we need answered.

My understanding is that the XP is the base. 0.5xp with Thrasher+7day+3x Combo on 2x weekend would be 7xp:

((base) + (3 * base) + (1 * base) + (2 * base)) * 2x weekend
( 7 * base ) * 2
14 * base
14 * (0.5) = 7 XP

*1.25x and 1.5x combos are left as an exercise to the reader.

McBain
01-21-2013, 12:13 AM
I think you all are really over-thinking this. On their own, the elixirs all multiply as advertised, and when they're stacked, only the effects of the elixirs stack. Your base xp doesn't stack, and why would it? It makes sense. To me anyway.

onasho
01-21-2013, 12:51 AM
You have 1 apple, uncle A promised that he will make it so you have 4 times as many apples as you have.

Uncle B also promised that he will make sure you have 2 times as many apples as you have.

So to fulfill their promises

Uncle A gives you 3 additional apples

And Uncle B gives you 1 additional apple.

And now you have 5 apples and both promises are fulfilled...

More good news. Uncle C just got here, and he wants to double your apple counts.

5 apples just got truned into 10 apples.

Well, hope you like apples... :)

LwMark
01-21-2013, 01:55 AM
You have 1 apple, uncle A promised that he will make it so you have 4 times as many apples as you have.

Uncle B also promised that he will make sure you have 2 times as many apples as you have.

So to fulfill their promises

Uncle A gives you 3 additional apples

And Uncle B gives you 1 additional apple.

And now you have 5 apples and both promises are fulfilled...

More good news. Uncle C just got here, and he wants to double your apple counts.

5 apples just got truned into 10 apples.

Well, hope you like apples... :)

Sliced with peanut butter

The Happiness
01-21-2013, 03:56 AM
Sliced with peanut butter

You are joking, right? Cos apples and peanut butter are surely a no no?

McBain
01-21-2013, 05:09 AM
Apple slices + peanut butter are actually super delicious. I don't think I've had it in years, but as soon as I read that it's all I want now! It's peanut butter and fruit, which is basically exactly what peanut butter and jelly is.

The Happiness
01-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Apple slices + peanut butter are actually super delicious. I don't think I've had it in years, but as soon as I read that it's all I want now! It's peanut butter and fruit, which is basically exactly what peanut butter and jelly is.

Being from the UK we don't do peanut butter and jelly. I did try it once but frankly it was way too weird for me.

Ogbuehi
01-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Being from the UK we don't do peanut butter and jelly. I did try it once but frankly it was way too weird for me.

My brother just came back from the uk. I wonder if he noticed that.

McBain
01-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Interesting. What do you do with peanut butter then?

The Happiness
01-22-2013, 02:58 AM
Interesting. What do you do with peanut butter then?

Spread it on toast (with Marmite (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite)) or put in a sandwich with or without Marmite!

McBain
01-22-2013, 05:45 AM
Spread it on toast (with Marmite (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite)) or put in a sandwich with or without Marmite!

Marmite...had to Google that. Definitely sounds quite a bit different that jam. I'll have to see if the grocery stores here carry it and I'll give it a try.

The Happiness
01-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Marmite...had to Google that. Definitely sounds quite a bit different that jam. I'll have to see if the grocery stores here carry it and I'll give it a try.

You Googled it? I gave you a link to it! Lol! Marmite manufacturers promote it as "Love it or hate it". Maybe it is an aquired taste? Very strong and savoury and salty.

McBain
01-23-2013, 05:49 AM
You Googled it? I gave you a link to it! Lol! Marmite manufacturers promote it as "Love it or hate it". Maybe it is an aquired taste? Very strong and savoury and salty.

Oh...ha. I didn't notice the link. :p

JaytB
04-07-2013, 02:58 PM
<--- forum noob

Oops, wrong thread O.o

McBain
04-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Update: I still haven't been able to find Marmite in the grocery store.