PDA

View Full Version : (Spawning) the release of Arcane Legends CTF

azefekie
01-18-2013, 04:09 AM
For those of us who played CTF in PL are aware of a "problem" with spawning in CTF. For those of you not aware what this is it is when people of the opposing team stand in your teams room and kill you as you join or as you respawn from a death (quick way to boost your kill count). I'm hoping that when CTF is released in AL there has been something to change this problem. I myself have never worried too much about this but it does get annoying when you join a random room and this happens, then when you get to their spawn room and try to do it to them they run out of the room. If something hasn't changed and you are able to do this in AL CTF you should tread lightly if you plan on doing this. Doing it enough times will make your name known pretty fast and you'll be ran out of every room you join. Hopefully a Dev or Mod can give us some insight on how it will work.

Also for those of you who may post in here "well if you weren't allowed to spawn in CTF they would of done it differently" they didn't expect people to boost kills this way and worry about their KDR that much.

On that note..Can't wait for CTF!!

Dreuefesie
01-18-2013, 04:14 AM
I'm sure if its possible someone will find a way to do it... The target will be on their head for many people after that though! lol

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 04:25 AM
Well, i guess to camp at opponents base and kill them the moment they spawn is the definition of FFA. LOL.

azefekie
01-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Well, i guess to camp at opponents base and kill them the moment they spawn is the definition of FFA. LOL. That doesn't make sense, to enter a room or to respawn and be hailed with spamming skills from some booster(s) before you even have the chance to touch a skill isn't FFA. Sounds like you tried this before..is that why your sig says "PL, Deleted the game already" LOL.

Dreuefesie
01-18-2013, 04:34 AM
Not the definition of FFA. The aim of a CTF game is to get the other team's flag back to your teams base as quick as you can without dropping it. The players must make quick decisions in order to protect or defend their team or stolen flag.

Having a full team in the spawn room picking off easy, unbuffed targets is not playing the game as it is intended to be played. It wrecks the game of CTF and makes it unplayable.

Patricks
01-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Haven't you played DL ctf before? It'll probably be more similar to that. Multiple location random respawn.

They're not gonna model pvp after PL as no one there plays pvp there cuz it sucks. So don't worry.

Everyone knows if you wanna play pvp in STS games, you play DL, until tomorrow....

Energizeric
01-18-2013, 05:17 AM
I think the main issue in PL is the low amount of health and high damage you can deal, so most battles are over in 5 seconds after a couple of hits. In AL they seem to have gone out of their way to give us much higher health. We are at level 21 now and already we have 2-3 times as much health as level 76 in PL does. So that means PvP is actually going to be a real battle and not a 2 hit and over deal. With that in mind, even if you surprise someone and get the first hit, the battle will be far from over.

wvhills
01-18-2013, 09:53 AM
i've played ctf in both pl and dl. In dl there isn't really a way to spawn since each team has two spawn areas and both are really open to attack. I'm betting (and hoping) sts will go with something similar in AL. Also, KDR ratios are WAY more important to people in PL than in DL. In DL the whole name of the game is to win the match so you see most people aggressively going after the flag. In PL people are (imo) much to concerned with having a pretty ratio. The shifts the focus from getting the flag to a much too conservative type game. In PL people are judged by their ratios, in DL people are known by their reputation- whether or not they help their team win- regardless of what their ratios look like. I can name several good DL players who have crappy kdr ratios but have a high number of captures. When these guys show up ur happy to see them on ur team and bummed when they join the other team because u know they are going to be relentless in going after that flag.

Vystirch
01-18-2013, 11:59 AM
i've played ctf in both pl and dl. In dl there isn't really a way to spawn since each team has two spawn areas and both are really open to attack. I'm betting (and hoping) sts will go with something similar in AL. Also, KDR ratios are WAY more important to people in PL than in DL. In DL the whole name of the game is to win the match so you see most people aggressively going after the flag. In PL people are (imo) much to concerned with having a pretty ratio. The shifts the focus from getting the flag to a much too conservative type game. In PL people are judged by their ratios, in DL people are known by their reputation- whether or not they help their team win- regardless of what their ratios look like. I can name several good DL players who have crappy kdr ratios but have a high number of captures. When these guys show up ur happy to see them on ur team and bummed when they join the other team because u know they are going to be relentless in going after that flag.

Yes that is the way to play. Deaths are of no conscious to me 0:)

Lady_Pebbles
01-18-2013, 02:16 PM
WVHillz is right & Im hoping for the same thing on AL. Thats the main reason why I love FFA on DL. <3

Energizeric
01-18-2013, 02:16 PM
People like to have good stats. Maybe there should be a stat that says your won/loss record at CTF. So even if you die a lot and your team members are the ones who get the flags, you still get a win. This would encourage team work.

*Zero*
01-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Feel sorry for players who want pretty ratios......hehe gonna drop that hamma on them!

plate
01-18-2013, 04:08 PM
What time is the update

CosmoxKramer
01-18-2013, 04:47 PM
this was a huge problem in WOW and they made it where for 5-10s after you respawned or joined a game you were immune to damage....so goodluck graveyard killing...

Jcyee
01-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Thinking that a gate could be put up in front of your team's spawn areas so that the other team can't go through it but your team can get through your own barrier.

Dreuefesie
01-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Thinking that a gate could be put up in front of your team's spawn areas so that the other team can't go through it but your team can get through your own barrier.

But your own team can't go hide in it after they come into the main battle area? If they could someone would go attack, defend, attack, defend.