PDA

View Full Version : Double Xp Error

Demthres
01-18-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty sure the last time there was double xp weekend you had it set up so that it multiplied all multipliers instead of just regular stacking like normal elixer bonuses. I have 2x weekly and 4x loco elixer and with double xp im getting 8xp per kill. Shouldnt it be 12?

Techno Email
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
You should be able to get 12 x XP with the setup you described. Could you please add a screenshot of you elixir buffs page, so I can verify which elixirs you have active? This will help us look into the issue. Thanks!!

Techno Email
01-18-2013, 06:45 PM
OK, I just tested this and got additional clarification on how this works. It's a little hard to explain. :) So, let me correct myself here:

Say the base XP you get from an NPC is 1.

A 4x multiplier will multiply you base by 4: 1 base XP + 3 additional XP, for a total of 4 XP.
A 2x multiplier will multiply your base by 2: 1 base XP + 1 additional XP, for a total of 2 XP.

So, now let's look at how these work together.
A 4x multiplier plus a 2x multiplier will add the benefits of both of these elixir to you base XP: 1 base XP + 3 additional XP + 1 additional XP, for a total of 5 XP.

Now, let's double that for double XP weekend: (1 base XP + 3 additional XP + 1 additional XP) times 2, for a total of 10 XP.

My test validated that double XP is yielding the results described above:
1 kill with no elixir: 2 XP
1 kill with 2x week-long elixir: 4-5 XP
1 kill with 2x week-long elixir and 4x thrasher: 10-11 XP

I don't think I described this functionality properly in the past. Sorry about that!

Chickenrunnn
01-20-2013, 06:41 AM
I was using x3 blessigs, 2x week-long elixir, x2 week end XP, and x4 xp pot..

I was winning (3+2+4)x2=18 xp?

So x2 week long elixir doesn't work right.. it adds +2 and not x2 doesn't it :/