PDA

View Full Version : Simplifying "Pet" idea

Arterra
09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
tl;dr right xD

anyway, this whole pet thing can be brought to a few issues. my post would be largely lost amid the sixth page so here it goes...
1) WHAT are they
cant be animals. we are animals. slavery i tell u. make it a blob, floaty crystal or shiney bug...
2) LAGG/WHERE
I say no pets in towne. basically adds 25 more super-points of data to every map. sorry, no mass showing off.
But then what's their social use? can they be slimmed down to be usable anywhere?
3) WHY
sooo many opinions on this, please be sure to be clear to others

Use these tags in replies to help people know WHAT you are saying. and suggest tags/topics

Vyvin
09-22-2010, 06:06 PM
In Townes only?
/Vyvin

Pleasure_Pirate
09-22-2010, 07:14 PM
If it's just gonna be a floaty dot, basically giving a stat bonus... Just make an extra equip slot... Ring or amulet or boots or whatnot.

Arterra
09-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Well, what would it be apart from a equipable item?

FluffNStuff
09-22-2010, 10:34 PM
So you are saying if they don't slim down they don't belong in social situations? It's not my bears fault he is overweight, he just can't stop snacking on his Mynas Helm of Isis.

vulgarstrike
09-22-2010, 10:46 PM
quit the hunnny addiction

FluffNStuff
09-23-2010, 08:39 AM
quit the hunnny addiction

Blasphemy ........

icantgetkills
09-23-2010, 09:08 AM
I think we should be able to have animals I see bears with giant rhinos in the townie :D and they should have mounts and pets >.>

Arterra
09-23-2010, 11:07 AM
A rhino would own a bear... That's why I just find the animal-pets thing, well silly.
And w8, were exactly would you ride TO on your pet?? It's not WoW people!

Arterra
01-08-2011, 07:30 PM
my reason to STILL be against pets: slavery (above)

Phoenixking
01-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I think they should ge mountable pets
You can ride them give you speed more armor and you will look cool riding a rhino with an awsome shock lance ready to stick it to OL

Cormz
01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
i think we should get pink hover rhinos as pets.

Pharcyde
01-09-2011, 08:52 PM
^^ Slavery. Picking out the hover rhinos as your working class? Despicable...

superglut2
01-10-2011, 01:33 PM
We should have both, rideable pets in towns (mounts) AND pets with abilitys in battle. The thing is IF we get mounts there is no other way then to get rid of the open world feature or else mounts would be pointless. AND add at least 1,2 maps between each town to ride through.

Arterra
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
make it motorcycles... honestly, or hoverboards (find a way to get as close as possible to violating Back to the future copyright...)

i wont stand for the incarceration of rhinos any longer.

superglut2
01-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Wouldnt rly fit in te entire pocket legends concept if we had bikes. I want to ride a tiger with my archer. Like in WoW

Jewelsofjane
01-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I am only for pets if they are useful. If not, forget it and bring some guilds already.

[Lt] Shiny
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
One commentary: THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!! (like what Arterra said earlier)
Pets= a no go.

Agree with Jewels, need some guilds.

superglut2
01-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Well guilds are gonne come anyways, wjy not add some pets for the users? Its a good way to make $$$ for the devs and lots of ppl will be happy to have a cute lil pet runningnext to them. Thats what i liked about WoW :-D i remeber wen i first started playing, i had a NE hunter, and had a white tiger mount, a white tiger pet to fight and a white cat as a pet which looked like a mini tiger so i was running around with 3 tigers :-D it was awesome. Id pay so mch money for that

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Why do people care about guilds so much? Basically its the same thing were doing right now, playing with friends. The only thing that will be different is that it will be organized, and I'm pretty sure the top guild leaders will be hard ***'s and get greedy.. Staying solo even when guilds come out. Not gonna be my friends whipping boy.

player5123
01-11-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't see the need for pets at the moment in PL. But if we were to have them I guess the best bet would have them to be like "spirits" like well in RPG they will be like "Inner Animal Spirits" or The "spirits of our animal ancestors". They will be in game mostly be like glowing small orbs but in game they will have a purpose. Some orbs (spirits) will boost our health/mana/etc. Others will actually help or shield you in battle. Also another good thing if we did do this would be being able to bye upgrades for the orbs (spirits) to better attack our enemies or better boost our health/mana or even better shield us from attacks. The whole scenario of the "inner animal spirit" or "spirits of our animal ancestors" would definitely help not only in lore and story but probably add more quests!