PDA

View Full Version : 2013-01-18 Content Update (111696)

H2N
01-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Player vs. Player Capture the Flag is now available! Join the battle from the arena portals in either Windmoore or Kraag.
New PvP Achievements, Titles and Leaderboard.
PvP is in Beta and the Dev Team wants your feedback. Please follow the forum link on www.arcanelegendsgame.com
Added Arcane Legends' very first Mythic item, Ripmaw the Shark Pet! Available now from the Stable.
New Achievement for acquiring your first Mythic item that rewards a new title and vanity banner!

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 05:51 PM
YAY!!!!

lsd_centaur
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Woott!!!!

Hadec
01-18-2013, 05:55 PM
thx sam <3

Mondim
Excelent job ;)

xdalex
My arcane legends says servers up but I can't log in

Lady_Pebbles
01-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Its on like DK!!!!

As promised... Here is my feedback...

Hellurr... I've posted here before but I need to get things straight...

I have a capped Mage with top gear. I've PvPed in many, many games including all StS games (my fav being DL). That being said, I know how to play and how to strategize with my team mates.

However, it seems the only way we can play as Mages is by moving into a group thats fighting and start shooting in hope that we can get a kill. One on one vs a Rogue depends on that Rogue's hp already being drained and the same for a Warrior. We are forced to hit and run. Problem is, we run and get one shot killed by Rogues with Aimed Shot and/or Piercer skills, even with Warriors Vengence and/or whatever skill they use that makes then do a spin with a hammer.

Its sad that we have to rely on the Shield skill to survive for a minimum amount of time in matches. The shield is also useless againsr two Warriors or Two opponents in general. Hell even Frost doesn't stun nor slow down enemies, Fire's knock back doesn't go through unless charged & even then it doesn't always knock them down. Yes it can be done but we are literally -forced- to use skills we don't want to use and they aren't even as effective as they are intended to be for PvP.

Our skills really need a distinct overhaul. I mean it feels like we're not even causing any damage just tickling them. -_-

Seriously, please work more on the balance issue.

EDIT: BTW I have a capped Rogue as well. It doesn't have full capped gear and still pwns... So I -know- they're OP.

ctf
Yeaaaaaa boiiiii CTF

Arsies
Finally! And it's bedtime :(

Hadec
My arcane legends says servers up but I can't log in

updating maybe?

lsd_centaur
01-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Same here mate.

~A~
01-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Not yet able to login:/ HURRYUP AND REBOOT STUPID SERVER! There... All excitement released.

lsd_centaur
01-18-2013, 05:59 PM
but seriously 250 plat!!!!!!! -_-

Hadec
01-18-2013, 05:59 PM
thirsty for blood *-* xD

BloodGoddess
01-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Zero,bod,thren lets do this!!

GoodSyntax
01-18-2013, 06:00 PM
250 Plat for Ripmaw?!?!

Tilax
01-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Mythic WOOOOT :D

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Player vs. Player Capture the Flag is now available! Join the battle from the arena portals in either Windmoore or Kraag.
New PvP Achievements, Titles and Leaderboard.
PvP is in Beta and the Dev Team wants your feedback. Please follow the forum link on www.arcanelegendsgame.com
Added Arcane Legends' very first Mythic item, Ripmaw the Shark Pet! Available now from the Stable.
New Achievement for acquiring your first Mythic item that rewards a new title and vanity banner!

No buy button?

GoodSyntax
01-18-2013, 06:08 PM
BTW - Watchmans bow dominates CTF!!!

Lowlyspy
01-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Boy am I glad I bought that 1700 plat during the sale, now if only I could find the buy button.

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Anyone bought the pet? can post a screenshot on its arcane power? :P

botakbatak
01-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Vcftf

botakbatak
01-18-2013, 06:20 PM
< pahlawan indonesia > stonger guilds. We as kill you

Lowlyspy
01-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Found the button, finally something as good as my Kevin (Flap Jack).

Swede
01-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Force close the Arcane Legends App and open the game again. You should be able to purchase Ripmaw after that.

Maynard
01-18-2013, 06:30 PM
First they move Gamble Packs to the maps and charge 15 plat to open your 'drop'. Now 250 plat for a pet and achievement? Why not just a straight 1500 plat to be on the leader board? I have no problem with people paying whatever amount they see fit for pets etc., it just seems that the achievements should be just that, not purchases.

n00b13st
01-18-2013, 06:34 PM
LandShark!!!!!

Abuse
01-18-2013, 06:42 PM
I have 19 PvP Kills but didn't got the 10 PvP Kills Achievement yet?

Warrior's seems to be very strong in PvP,...

EDIT: No one in my guild get's the Achievements for that

LwMark
01-18-2013, 06:42 PM
250plat...

And now it begins, PLATastic! :/

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 06:56 PM
I have 19 PvP Kills but didn't got the 10 PvP Kills Achievement yet?

Warrior's seems to be very strong in PvP,...

EDIT: No one in my guild get's the Achievements for that

force close the game. open again and u will get it.

Wizard_Mike
01-18-2013, 07:03 PM
First they move Gamble Packs to the maps and charge 15 plat to open your 'drop'. Now 250 plat for a pet and achievement? Why not just a straight 1500 plat to be on the leader board? I have no problem with people paying whatever amount they see fit for pets etc., it just seems that the achievements should be just that, not purchases.
You're ovelooking one small detail: the achievement is for getting your first mythic item, not for getting Ripmaw specifically. Ripmaw is simply the first mythic item to be added to the game, as stated in this very announcement post. I have no idea what the plans for mythic quality items are, but I can only assume we'll see them added to the game as super rare drops in the future.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Apostar
01-18-2013, 07:03 PM
No buy button; need quick up date to add a buy button pls.

Wizard_Mike
01-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Anyone bought the pet? can post a screenshot on its arcane power? :P

He does an area knockdown for his arcane power.

H2N
01-18-2013, 07:05 PM

Force close the Arcane Legends App and open the game again. You should be able to purchase Ripmaw after that.

Arcana
01-18-2013, 07:05 PM
believe or not rogue kill mages in 1 shot and i confuse why is mages skill has the effect on ctf like frost bolt not even slow things and also why no free respec to test our build on this new pvp mode .Now its frustating to get kill in 1 shot lol

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 07:08 PM

Force close the game and re open. it will be there.

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 07:10 PM

Suicide?

parnasofication
01-18-2013, 07:12 PM
where's the free respec? you got tank build warriors screwed atm.

Wizard_Mike
01-18-2013, 07:14 PM

Suicide?
Maybe he was trying to switch teams? lol. Blue team not looking so good in that shot. :p

Vystirch
01-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Yah!

Maynard
01-18-2013, 07:18 PM
You're ovelooking one small detail: the achievement is for getting your first mythic item, not for getting Ripmaw specifically. Ripmaw is simply the first mythic item to be added to the game, as stated in this very announcement post. I have no idea what the plans for mythic quality items are, but I can only assume we'll see them added to the game as super rare drops in the future.

We'll just have to wait and see.
No, I missed nothing. There is , as you stated, only one mythical available at this point. There is no other option. Pay for the leader board. It happened in PL with plat elizers for xp and kills too. The leader board means nothing if you can buy your way on.

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Maybe he was trying to switch teams? lol. Blue team not looking so good in that shot. :p

If he could switch sides halfway in the match, then this is a potential bug. LOL.

Wizard_Mike
01-18-2013, 07:44 PM
No, I missed nothing. There is , as you stated, only one mythical available at this point. There is no other option. Pay for the leader board. It happened in PL with plat elizers for xp and kills too. The leader board means nothing if you can buy your way on.
Ooooohhhhh, ok, I get what you're saying. Sorry, I'm not exactly with it right now, lol.

Yeah, I can see that being a problem. The season is almost over, and they add an achievement that you can only get by spending 250 plat. Those competing for leaderboard positions who can't afford the 250 in time are just hosed.

There's still time, though. Start hitting those w3i offers!

Mondim
01-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Good job.

PS: PvP should change kinda.
- Rogues = OP.

and the arena is too much big.

Cheers, Carloskrz

kokibichi
01-18-2013, 07:47 PM
I thought you can't use pets in PvP?

Energizeric
01-18-2013, 07:49 PM

You forget that in PL there is a whole section of achievements for just owning all the various plat purchased vanities, and you need all those to get the "true legend" title. Also, perhaps you missed that you need to purchase a guild charter to get 100 points as well. Doesn't that cost plat too?

Allison
01-18-2013, 08:06 PM
I can't find where to report glitches, but half of us are not getting pvp kills achievements. I have killed at least 40 people and haven't gotten one achievement in pvp yet for kills. Are these being recorded and just not showing up? Or should I wait to play when I will actually get credit for playing?

Multibird
01-18-2013, 08:07 PM
sweet!

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 08:14 PM
I can't find where to report glitches, but half of us are not getting pvp kills achievements. I have killed at least 40 people and haven't gotten one achievement in pvp yet for kills. Are these being recorded and just not showing up? Or should I wait to play when I will actually get credit for playing?

Force close the game and re start the game. It happens to me just now and it showed up after i close the window and open a new one.

Jed
01-18-2013, 08:17 PM
250.. buying way through the game, really.

Melodicdeath
01-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Fun stuff! 250plat is steep, but I support STS so yeah...I got myself a lil shark buddy :P Ctf, its fun but still trying to get the hang of it...

Jcyee
01-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Yay for ctf!

Boo for 250 plat for ripmaw... I too cant find the buy botton as well

Ladycandyheal
01-18-2013, 09:07 PM
I thought you can't use pets in PvP?

Is that a Dev testing a pet? It can't be a regular player unless its a hacker??

reiin
01-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Seriously STS? Dont you think 250 plat is a little steep? Malison is still the best choice for my pve toon setup, and it was only 90.

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 09:14 PM
I fully agree. Should make Malison cost at least 200 plat to match it.

Valsacar
01-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Is that a Dev testing a pet? It can't be a regular player unless its a hacker??

I had a game where someone had a pet as well, didn't see it fight at all though.

reiin
01-18-2013, 09:29 PM
I fully agree. Should make Malison cost at least 200 plat to match it.
Whoa there. We want them to go DOWN in price... I think about 150 is at least SOMEWHAT reasonable. 250 for a banner and title im not gonna even use is kind of a ripoff. Secondly, why didnt we get any heads up information on this thing? Instead of spending my plat on those chests, i could have saved it for this... Come on STS, get it together...

Samhayne
01-18-2013, 09:38 PM

Exit the app and force close it. As I understand it, your Achievements should properly apply when you log back in after the force close.

Maynard
01-18-2013, 10:14 PM
No, actually I didn't. Perhaps I should clarify a bit. The further away from actual achievement and towards plat purchases, the less the leader board means. I was fairly early to PL and have played all 4 games extensively (over 50 alts). I've purchased plenty of plat over the last several years. Not a problem with that.The leader boards used to mean something in PL. That was slowly eroded away with the ability to use a credit card to wipe out achievements that took others well over a year to accomplish. In 2 weeks we watched people buy their way onto the board, rendering them meaningless in my opinion. May as well have a 2500 plat Queen For A Day title. I like all of the options for customization and vanity items. I just don't like to see the leader board getting more tied to plat.

Wizard_Mike
01-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Also, perhaps you missed that you need to purchase a guild charter to get 100 points as well. Doesn't that cost plat too?

Actually you can buy them with either gold or plat.

Energizeric
01-18-2013, 11:48 PM
No, actually I didn't. Perhaps I should clarify a bit. The further away from actual achievement and towards plat purchases, the less the leader board means. I was fairly early to PL and have played all 4 games extensively (over 50 alts). I've purchased plenty of plat over the last several years. Not a problem with that.The leader boards used to mean something in PL. That was slowly eroded away with the ability to use a credit card to wipe out achievements that took others well over a year to accomplish. In 2 weeks we watched people buy their way onto the board, rendering them meaningless in my opinion. May as well have a 2500 plat Queen For A Day title. I like all of the options for customization and vanity items. I just don't like to see the leader board getting more tied to plat.

I agree, I was just pointing out that you shouldn't be surprised. The issue is the same issue that always shows itself which is that STS needs to sell plat in large quantities to be profitable. The only way for that to happen is for them to have expensive items that cost lots of plat, and have those items be very desirable so that lots of people will buy it. Having vanity items which do nothing for stats does not cause people to flock in mass to buy them. They need to have plat purchased items that lots of folks will want to buy, and which will be expensive, and the only way to do that is to somehow make those items necessary or at least give some kind of advantage in game. A good example in PL was the dragon sets. The helm and armors were found in game, but you needed the dragon pet which cost 200 plat each. So lots of folks spent the 200 plat and got the dragon pets. Without these sorts of items, the game is not going to be very profitable. Folks are only going to want so many vanity sets, and at 15 plat each they would not sell enough plat.

reiin
01-19-2013, 03:49 AM
I agree, I was just pointing out that you shouldn't be surprised. The issue is the same issue that always shows itself which is that STS needs to sell plat in large quantities to be profitable. The only way for that to happen is for them to have expensive items that cost lots of plat, and have those items be very desirable so that lots of people will buy it. Having vanity items which do nothing for stats does not cause people to flock in mass to buy them. They need to have plat purchased items that lots of folks will want to buy, and which will be expensive, and the only way to do that is to somehow make those items necessary or at least give some kind of advantage in game. A good example in PL was the dragon sets. The helm and armors were found in game, but you needed the dragon pet which cost 200 plat each. So lots of folks spent the 200 plat and got the dragon pets. Without these sorts of items, the game is not going to be very profitable. Folks are only going to want so many vanity sets, and at 15 plat each they would not sell enough plat.

I agree that STS needs to profit in order to keep the game moving forward, but overpricing items doesn't in turn increase the amount of money that people have to spend. It's already bad enough that you have to pay for EVERYTHING: More inventory, pets, cs slots, storage slots, character slots, renaming, respecs, etc. Not to mention that you have to repeat this process for every new character. If youre on a monthly budget (like myself and alot of my friends atm) this doesn't cut it. They should at least focus on keeping a steady supply of free offers to compensate.

SuRfY
01-19-2013, 04:31 AM
I think with so many free plat offers by W3i and trialpay, it doesn't generate enough revenue. Lots of players have gotten quite a number of plats without spending real money.

Arcana
01-19-2013, 04:55 AM
why no free respec,i cant do any free plat offer and cant buy any platinum so at least give us once free respec.Depressed with this mage build:sorrow:

Luigi Goyena Velasco
01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
The Update is Awesome.. PVP is great.. Bring Malison on pvp and 1hit everyone..

Lady_Pebbles
01-20-2013, 02:52 PM
The Update is Awesome.. PVP is great.. Bring Malison on pvp and 1hit everyone.

LOL... This is the main reason why we need to balance the classes. Smh.

Updated my post on the first page. Hope devs see it.