PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends - New Premium Pet - Ripmaw!

Samhayne
01-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Ripmaw is a new Premium Pet, now available in the Stable.

Ripmaw is the first 'Mythic' item available in Arcane Legends. More will follow. If you obtain a Mythic class item there is an Achievement with associated title and vanity banner rewards!

This new pet is a bit of a prelude to the Kraken Isles Expansion, coming in February!

nicoB
01-18-2013, 06:29 PM
That is awesome!! thanks for the preview sam! so any insight on how this pet interacts with the player? like will it move in circles around you or sit still like other pets when you not moving

Carapace
01-18-2013, 06:54 PM
That is awesome!! thanks for the preview sam! so any insight on how this pet interacts with the player? like will it move in circles around you or sit still like other pets when you not moving

Not around you, but he does move in circles!

Vystirch
01-18-2013, 07:32 PM
He is real awesome! Will there be mythic armor weapons and other items? Kinda like super rare item or will they all be only for play?

Hadec
01-18-2013, 07:32 PM
cool but too costy wtf :( its a lil poor though graphics and stuff

Ladycandyheal
01-18-2013, 11:30 PM
The shark is cool but for a mythic pet, I kind of picture a 7 foot tall muscular gorilla lol ala Perfect world Free to play PC MMORPG. Their legendary pet cost $250 and was a huge thing that protected its owner like a bodyguard. He was incredibly stronger than the pther pets :) You don't get to see Ripmaw's actual body that much from what I saw except when he jumps. His price is very mythical too lol.

I expected a bit more but he is quite nice. I won't be buying him at this price I don't think but who knows.

Arcanee
01-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Yo the price is unbeliveble 250 plat is basically $20 + tax for a shark that you cant take home

ShadowGunX
01-18-2013, 11:46 PM
pet granting +15 str ; +3% reduction nd sme regen like flapjack is doesnt seem like mch of mythic. nd 250plat is a way too big for those stats.
i wud b glad to buy at 250p if a pet grants +40str ; +150armour ; +15%dodge nd (crit or dmg or regens) minimum :-D.
a mythic stuff should hav a great stats XD

Energizeric
01-18-2013, 11:52 PM
pet granting +15 str ; +3% reduction nd sme regen like flapjack is doesnt seem like mch of mythic. nd 250plat is a way too big for those stats.
i wud b glad to buy at 250p if a pet grants +40str ; +150armour ; +15%dodge nd (crit or dmg or regens) minimum :-D.
a mythic stuff should hav a great stats XD

Nobody has posted yet how much his attack hits for. So far I've noticed that the main difference between the rare, epic and legendary pets are that they each have a fixed damage stat depending on their level. For example, legendary pets at level 20 have 88 damage and 11% crit. I wonder how much damage and crit a level 20 mythic pet has.

Khylan
01-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Its like the other legendary pets damage wise, but it gains a new skill at level 20 unlike the other pets. The level 15 skill was slow, bleed, stun.

http://db.tt/BS9fPjEZ

ShadowGunX
01-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Nobody has posted yet how much his attack hits for. So far I've noticed that the main difference between the rare, epic and legendary pets are that they each have a fixed damage stat depending on their level. For example, legendary pets at level 20 have 88 damage and 11% crit. I wonder how much damage and crit a level 20 mythic pet has.

umm khylan jst posted that its dmg nd crit is same with pink pets :-\.
its ok that pet is unique nd hav coolest stuffs:
gives title, vanity banner, achivement, its water type unlike the all land type, it circles around u.
bt i feel like pricey to buy a pet granting those stats.

Slowboy
01-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Ripmaw stats at 10
And 15

Khylan
01-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Yeah, for the price Ripmaw is a tad lackluster. It's supposed to be better than legendary... At least add a damage mod of 10% to its happy buff, and up its damage stats a bit..Shiloh bites considerably harder and is also a single target attacker.

As it sits now, I don't think it has enough value to a player to justify the expense. The arcane ability doesn't seem to do anything visible to the naked eye, the pet hits like a wimp, and although the happiness buff is great, it kinda needs a damage component to be "mythic".

reiin
01-19-2013, 02:24 AM
Too costly. Plain and simple, and for completionists like myself this presents a huge problem. Ive done every offer available, so nothing left to do but pay cash. STS please lower the price.

Erdnase
01-19-2013, 02:49 AM
In my opinion, u can go ahead and give a mythic pet legendary stats, and give it an incredibly high price. mythic should have something special and not just be a better class, that gets boring. So why not give it the legendary stats (or a tad better), but give it a special feature, like say maybe never ending happiness.

ShadowGunX
01-19-2013, 03:02 AM
Yeah, for the price Ripmaw is a tad lackluster. It's supposed to be better than legendary... At least add a damage mod of 10% to its happy buff, and up its damage stats a bit..Shiloh bites considerably harder and is also a single target attacker.

As it sits now, I don't think it has enough value to a player to justify the expense. The arcane ability doesn't seem to do anything visible to the naked eye, the pet hits like a wimp, and although the happiness buff is great, it kinda needs a damage component to be "mythic".

yh i agree. i m a warrior nd i buy only those items wich enh my war effectively. i go for stats also.
+15str is nt that good for war. better to hav snag ribbit or hazel.

yh i agree. i m a warrior nd i buy only those items wich enh my war effectively. i go for stats also.
+15str is nt that good for war. better to hav snag ribbit or hazel.

Energizeric
01-19-2013, 06:01 AM
They can't win. If STS boosts the stats, then everyone will complain that the best pet can be bought for plat. LOL

Energizeric
01-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Its like the other legendary pets damage wise, but it gains a new skill at level 20 unlike the other pets. The level 15 skill was slow, bleed, stun.

http://db.tt/BS9fPjEZ

Nice name you gave your shark. LOL

Sharaobic
01-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Nice name you gave your shark. LOL

he must be divorced.

Khylan
01-19-2013, 10:01 AM

Seems to be hitting harder, don't know what was up last night but its single target damage is on par with Shiloh. The arcane ability has a 2 second delay it seems, but does a knock down with damage.

Still think the +15 str is kinda useless as a stat bonus. A str bonus makes it better for a warrior, but a 15% damage mod would make it the best pet for every class, and because it is a % instead of a stat, would be viable in the long haul for a mythic pet. Shouldn't something mythic be something players aspire to possess? If the pet was arguably the best for every class, a world drop and a plat purchase item it would really be a home run for something "mythic".

Matutd
01-19-2013, 10:06 AM
They can't win. If STS boosts the stats, then everyone will complain that the best pet can be bought for plat. LOL
They could make buying the pet grant an egg, rather than the pet itself. That way they can be bought with plat and gold. Everyone will have a chance at getting one then.

Khylan
01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
They could make buying the pet grant an egg, rather than the pet itself. That way they can be bought with plat and gold. Everyone will have a chance at getting one then.

That wouldn't work, the market would be flooded with Ripmaws until the price fell below the plat cost. If a Ripmaw sold for 1 million gold, but cost 250 plat, everyone with a credit card would jump on the bandwagon until the market was so flooded with the eggs that the price would plummet just so sellers could recover something.

I bet it the egg will be made a world drop with the expansion. That would ensure its gold value stayed high, plat players could get it, and people who don't pay to play have a chance.

Wizard_Mike
01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
I like the pet so far. The happiness bonus is awesome. The arcane ability is not very exciting to me compared to other pets, but it fits the theme of the pet. The passive attack seems pretty good.

One thing I noticed is that the pet attacks REALLY slow compared to other pets. Because of this, I do think his damage needs to be bumped up a bit. Either that, or get his attack rate up to par with other pets. Being of mythic quality and having a price tag of 250 plat, this thing should not be doing significantly LESS dps than any other pet.

Rawrimafish
01-19-2013, 11:54 AM
this seems like something to go in PL that woulda come out during humania

Vystirch
01-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Seems to be hitting harder, don't know what was up last night but its single target damage is on par with Shiloh. The arcane ability has a 2 second delay it seems, but does a knock down with damage.

Still think the +15 str is kinda useless as a stat bonus. A str bonus makes it better for a warrior, but a 15% damage mod would make it the best pet for every class, and because it is a % instead of a stat, would be viable in the long haul for a mythic pet. Shouldn't something mythic be something players aspire to possess? If the pet was arguably the best for every class, a world drop and a plat purchase item it would really be a home run for something "mythic".

I do like the str as a rouge. Just keeps me alive a bit longer without using pots.

Energizeric
01-19-2013, 04:31 PM
he must be divorced.

Ya think? LOL

Hiunahau
01-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Nice, but way too expensive. I wish that they would also allow you to buy him with gold instead so everyone could get him.

chitgoks
01-20-2013, 10:47 PM
i thought malison's plat count was a bit high. ripmaw's is overkill lol

Ladycandyheal
01-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Nevermind :)

Urqui
01-21-2013, 02:47 AM
Ripmaw is a new Premium Pet, now available in the Stable.

Was the Shark based off of Saints Row's shark gun? Reminded me a lot of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJmgmzDvnBw

Pulkeren
01-21-2013, 05:18 AM
i hope sts wont make this pet available in next expansion plus wont be lootable!!

BodMaster
01-21-2013, 12:19 PM
The way I see it is an extra expensive Plat "Vanity" to have. The one's with the funds can buy it, but shouldn't be OP in the least.

That way it never becomes a necessity.

flashbackflip
01-21-2013, 01:55 PM
The way I see it is an extra expensive Plat "Vanity" to have. The one's with the funds can buy it, but shouldn't be OP in the least.

Yeah, Bod! You are looking right at the essence! Its more a vanity than battle-breaker

Compared to FlapJack its nothing special battle-wise

Especially when RipMaw seems bugged as it does not stun yo enemies on arcane attack hundred percent times.. And Flap does this even on bosses

UPD
Shark does stun, but for a very, no, really - very tiny time.. And does not affect even minor bosses

SuRfY
01-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Compared to FlapJack its nothing special..

Especially when RipMaw is bugged as it does not stun yo enemies on arcane attack.. But Flap does do this even on bosses

doesnt seems to state it in screenshots at post 10 and post 12...

Ladycandyheal
01-21-2013, 04:09 PM

Malison is 90 plat and comes with better stats than some other pets. Ripmaw is "mythic" and should in some way reflect that in his stats. He doesn't have to be OP but 15 STR? It does seem he's more of a "vanity" which is a shame

Feke
01-22-2013, 05:42 AM
The shark can swim in the ground.. Amazing....
-___-

If the shark would give something like +50% chance to reroll for better loot rather than that +14 STR, it would worth something.. But now.. Sorry, it won't be my companion.
The only things to spend my Plats are still the vanities, inventory and character slots.

weeg
05-05-2014, 02:58 PM
That wouldn't work, the market would be flooded with Ripmaws until the price fell below the plat cost. If a Ripmaw sold for 1 million gold, but cost 250 plat, everyone with a credit card would jump on the bandwagon until the market was so flooded with the eggs that the price would plummet just so sellers could recover something.

I bet it the egg will be made a world drop with the expansion. That would ensure its gold value stayed high, plat players could get it, and people who don't pay to play have a chance.

Predicting the future.. Almost.

How accurate was this prediction of this past weekends event? How did it play out in your eyes?

And... Do you think this post (or others like it) influenced how SpaceTime went about making Ripmaw available not only in the stable, but also in egg format?

- weeg