PDA

View Full Version : Official PvP Feedback Thread: Capture the Flag

Samhayne
01-18-2013, 06:57 PM

Please use this thread to discuss balance Capture the Flag gameplay.

Please only post after you have played some PvP. Also, please keep the feedback constructive. Thank you!

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 07:26 PM
I think it would be nice to do it similar to Star Legends CTF where there are arrows on the ground to lead you back to your base or something. I did opened the mini map but its quite confusing still. Maybe can have color indication on mini map to show differentiate friend or foe.

Anyway, here is a screenshot to prove i played some matches. LOL. As you can see, 0 goals for me. Lost in the maze. LOL. Turns out its a 5v5 instead of the supposedly 4v4. Hmm...

Kungens
01-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Having played for about forty minutes, as warrior and rogue I'm impressed.
I really thought the warrior would struggle due to lack of dps. But the survivabilty was impressive.
However I feel the sorcerer has the short end of the stick in the arena. Higher end rogues seem unstoppable at times.

It's early days in terms of class balance, but great starting block!

As for the Arena itself very confusing at the moment. I feel less passageways would be better,
I can see the thinking behind not wanting to create a bottleneck though.

I can see myself spending hours in CTF! Thank you.

wvhills
01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Game is unplayable without camera rotation. U can see well at the top of the screen but ur vision is way to limited down and to the sides. Not being able to select a target needs to change also. Instead of targeting an in range flag carrier u target whoever is closest to u. I also feel like the map is way too big. Games are over in a few minutes.

I've only played 4 games and will try it more but I honestly don't think I'll play much until we can rotate the camera.

Justg
01-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Definitely agree about camera. We may be able to pull it off in PvP because the levels are primitive and the pieces are built on all sides.

We just put it in (at 5 pm on a Friday no less) so it will run like this through the weekend, but we're psyched to get it in and tweak it. Keep letting us know your thoughts!

Ninjaw
01-18-2013, 08:18 PM
I agree with surfy about color indicators for minimap. Also maybe arrows to show which way to go after you pick up the flag. Or color the bases? But most of all please some kind of a award system like the tokens, with which you may buy higher end PvP gear?

Ninjaw
01-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Without reward system, it gets old fast

Valsacar
01-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Dieing in 1-2 hits got boring quick, most of my team were mages, most quit.

Justg
01-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Balance will be an ongoing thing... don't get frustrated just yet :)

Let's use this thread to talk about the mechanics. Camera, location awareness, rewards, etc.

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Screenshot of what I referring to in Star Legends CTF:
Arrows indication.

yuriramos
01-18-2013, 08:41 PM
As expected, rogues are over powered. That arrow skill really is a killer especially for us mages. 800 per hit is too much on a long ranged attack

azefekie
01-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Rouges over powered so i'm sure they'll be eating the LB, warriors are good....but a pack of them constantly throwing shield on each other gets annoying fast. Mages need something done to them they are way under powered, i'm a mage and kill quick but a rouge can kill me in a hit or 2..not cool. we have 4 skill slots and unfortunately as of now 2 spots will be going to heal and shield (extreme dispapointment) this really isn't what i expected from the release of CTF...

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Actually, i feel rogue is at a disadvantage despite the power. End of the day, Warrior have the most health to survive, Mage have the most mana to spam skills but rogue's hp and mana is pathetic. Plus both warrior (Example: skyward smash) and mage (Example: Fireball) AoE attack is auto aimed. Rogue's shadow storm shot (AoE) is not auto aimed. LOL. As in rogue can maybe use 3-5 skills and they are out of mana with no skills to heal mana. While warrior have vengeful blood and mage have lifegiver. So i guess it is balanced "in a way".

Not based on 1v1 probably but maybe in a 1v4 scenario or something like that.

-kyleww
01-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Actually, i feel rogue is at a disadvantage despite the power. End of the day, Warrior have the most health to survive, Mage have the most mana to spam skills but rogue's hp and mana is pathetic. As in rogue can maybe use 3-5 skills and they are out of mana with no skills to heal mana. While warrior have vengeful blood and mage have lifegiver. So i guess it is balanced "in a way".

this doesnt really matter though, due to the "plus signs" scattered around the map to instantly restore full health/mana

azefekie
01-18-2013, 09:13 PM
you have no chance in a ctf map full of rouges.

azefekie
01-18-2013, 09:13 PM
You should probably test all classes before you post about other classes
Actually, i feel rogue is at a disadvantage despite the power. End of the day, Warrior have the most health to survive, Mage have the most mana to spam skills but rogue's hp and mana is pathetic. Plus both warrior (Example: skyward smash) and mage (Example: Fireball) AoE attack is auto aimed. Rogue's shadow storm shot (AoE) is not auto aimed. LOL. As in rogue can maybe use 3-5 skills and they are out of mana with no skills to heal mana. While warrior have vengeful blood and mage have lifegiver. So i guess it is balanced "in a way".

yuriramos
01-18-2013, 09:20 PM
at the end of the match. its always the rogue with most kills and points.

Marrypoppins
01-18-2013, 09:21 PM
I'd personally love to know the lvls of my opponents. I plan on pvping at 5-10 and to be lvl 10 and get in battle,, then notice a vorpal sword is a bummer lol

SuRfY
01-18-2013, 09:23 PM
You should probably test all classes before you post about other classes

i did. :P

azefekie
01-18-2013, 09:24 PM
not always ;) most matches I'm in i have the highest (mage)

azefekie
01-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Also i wanted to add that the stun from a charged fireball might be a little much... i do this and before they're unstunned i nuke the crap out of em every time....kinda not fair...though this is downing my own main character i still wanna see the game fair and fun.

I'm leaving right now for NC and may not be on till sunday or monday, CTF just came out!! :(

razerfingers
01-18-2013, 09:34 PM
You may not take this as construtive. But when i heard AL is getting CTF i didnt think you guys were going to take CTF from DL and put it here in AL big turn off for me. Deffinately wont do PVP or CTF in AL.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

maneatingtree
01-18-2013, 09:56 PM
I like it

Fuzzyslips
01-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Confused on the pet situation. Seen a few people with pets but stable button is blacked out, anybody else seen pets in pvp?

iacito
01-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Confused on the pet situation. Seen a few people with pets but stable button is blacked out, anybody else seen pets in pvp?
Pets are blocked in PvP

Lady_Pebbles
01-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Players can equip a pet and enter a match with the pet still on & the ability to use the pet as well as recieving the stat benefits.

The Mage class has a huge disadvantage; i.e. Without the shield skill we get one shot killed at full health. The shield's sub-skill for additional time it lasts does not help (even with the sub-skill to be able to take more dmg). Major tweaks need to be done for this class's skills to become effective, especially the AOEs.

Warriors Vengance muat be nerfed. They are way too OP. Literally one shot kills. Rogue's Piercer skill and Smoke must be nerfed. Both one shot kills also.

Overall, Im loving the layout. Loving the FFA style. Wish the flags were actual flags and not hovering colored balls. Wish we can see the map better when fully oppect. And wish we could view enemy locations near us on the map az well.

Fyrce
01-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Some kind of PVP tokens for PVP pet eggs would be very cool.

Dreuefesie
01-18-2013, 11:53 PM
In addition to the current leaderboard, it would be great if you could make separate rogue, warrior and mage categories so we can see who has most kills a particular class. Not just one or two classes getting all the kills.

Rustinpeace
01-19-2013, 12:02 AM
For me, at least, I am not getting achievements for kills. Other than that the balance didn't seem too bad. Some stuff is OP but it just came out.

I agree with others though, a reward system would be nice to have. I might be too used to Wow but, maybe pvp gear with different looks for classes? Just throwing my 2 cents in.

Edit: I received the alert for my achievement after logging back into the game.

thekdub
01-19-2013, 12:03 AM
I've only played about 5 matches as mage so far. My biggest complaints are: 1) Don't see how you are rewarded in any way for winning, 2) Would be MUCH better with rotatable camera 3) Somehow some people enter with pets 4) Map too big

thekdub
01-19-2013, 12:11 AM
oh and 5) kills not showing up in achievements

ShadowGunX
01-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Over-powered:
warriors r op in survivality
rogues r op in dmg
idk bout mage :-|

Valsacar
01-19-2013, 01:20 AM
I'm done, maybe after they release a change. The ONLY thing a mage has is stun, and that takes a charged ability to get. Rogue sees me and I'm dead. Twice my last game I chased a warrior, who had my flag, from one side of the map to the other (flag room to flag room) hitting him with everything I could. He dropped off my flag, turned around, one hit and I'm dead. End of the match, most people had 2-4 kills, one warrior had 8, the one rogue on the map had 15.

thekdub
01-19-2013, 01:26 AM
I have 3 capped characters:

5-7 matches with sorcerer : 41 kills - no achievements for pvp kiils
1 match with warrior: 10 kills - no achievements for pvp kills
1 match with rogue: 19 kills - got 10 pvp kill achievement

Arcana
01-19-2013, 01:50 AM
1 thing,please fix the level that can enter the ctf.My party is from level 4-10 and the enemy i believe few are higher.How can the distance of the level so far around 2-6 level.Its annnoying

okahef
01-19-2013, 02:10 AM
just wanted to let you guys know great job loving ctf. the one shot kill rogue sucks but I mean it is very balanced I do not see any class constantly dying unless the player is just better. each class has some skill that nuts but makes games fun. also tokens for pets and GOOD weapons n armour lol. like say ten kills = token and 2 flags = token. thanks again love al thank you for finishing ctf by Friday too :)

Bad
01-19-2013, 02:40 AM
seems pretty balanced for a test run great job sts :)

would love to have camera rotation and a reward system

pm me if u need to know different ways pets can be brought into the pvp map. =D

Skeletonlord
01-19-2013, 02:53 AM
I don't have much to say I'm afraid, however, I am pleased with this addition to the game. I only played one game, and out of the 5 you need, I got 3. I feel I done pretty well.

PvP is an awesome addition to Arcane Legends, and in the future, I'd like to see some more maps. It seems the Windmoore and Kraag maps are the same.

I think PVP could be a huge aspect to Arcane Legends, and it has a lot of potential.

PVP is shaping up nicely for AL,

All the best, Skeletonlord

Rasittt
01-19-2013, 03:01 AM
we need to see the hp of our opponents so we don't just spam skills randomly on whoever is there..could be a mini red bar on top of their heads..
also we should have something similar to party chat..reds can only hear reds, blues can only hear blues..this would be a good way to communicate with each other..
winning the game should bring in better stuff than just achievements, other wise what's the point of the pvp? i dont really care if i have 1000 kills and 0 deaths as long as there's nothing that it offers other than bunch of numbers..

Arcana
01-19-2013, 03:15 AM
surprise us by giving us a free respec please.Im depressed now with my build completely useless for ctf and i cant buy platinum now:worked_till_5am:

SuRfY
01-19-2013, 03:50 AM
we need to see the hp of our opponents so we don't just spam skills randomly on whoever is there..could be a mini red bar on top of their heads..
also we should have something similar to party chat..reds can only hear reds, blues can only hear blues..this would be a good way to communicate with each other..
winning the game should bring in better stuff than just achievements, other wise what's the point of the pvp? i dont really care if i have 1000 kills and 0 deaths as long as there's nothing that it offers other than bunch of numbers..

Personally, i think if we can see the hp of our opponents, there will be a lot of ks aka kill-steals going on.

Destructible
01-19-2013, 05:54 AM
Personally, i think if we can see the hp of our opponents, there will be a lot of ks aka kill-steals going on.

Unfortunately there already is :(

SuRfY
01-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Unfortunately there already is :(

what i meant is MORE. LOL.

Luvaria
01-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Well, here's a screenshot of someone with their Wrathjaw pet in CTF.

Serancha
01-19-2013, 06:31 AM
I just gotta say I adore those green speedy-uppy things. Talk about fun! I want a pack full of those to carry around in the main game too!

warbluefish
01-19-2013, 06:58 AM
great job for the CTF. more balancing need b done. mages r far under powered by many ways. worriors health r too much.

5 worriors r in one group and constantly through shiield on each other. there is no way to kill them.

rogue dmg is too high. the arrow shot distance is far too long. one charged shot plus the poison shot . u will b killed not even get near the rogue.

Mages stune need b charged . because rogues shot skill distance is far longer than mages. the mage will b killed whithout a chance to through the fireball. and also because the low health of mage. they dont have time to charge the skills in pvp.

Hadezs
01-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Hi Dev Team, can we choose the winning based option like "no of kill" instead of "capture of flag". With that ppl will need to do more team work now. If not ppl are running all over n get killed for flag instead of team work. And, no of kill will determining the winning n they will think twice before running out like a hero. Plus, we hope to see some reward after win match to make it more rewarding n challenging.. like pvp token to exchange stuff or some gold...we make us keep playing all day...

Hadezs
01-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Dev Team, i thought we should be able to party team with friends n join in as a blue or red team. right now. i'm not able to play with my guildmates or friends.. hope u guys can think on that n make it possible soon.. tks

sirtibby
01-19-2013, 08:48 AM
great job for the CTF. more balancing need b done. mages r far under powered by many ways. worriors health r too much.

5 worriors r in one group and constantly through shiield on each other. there is no way to kill them.

rogue dmg is too high. the arrow shot distance is far too long. one charged shot plus the poison shot . u will b killed not even get near the rogue.

Mages stune need b charged . because rogues shot skill distance is far longer than mages. the mage will b killed whithout a chance to through the fireball. and also because the low health of mage. they dont have time to charge the skills in pvp.

Are you sure about that? In pve my mage has more range than rogue.

Drizzt Lee
01-19-2013, 09:03 AM
I believe there's enough calls for rogues and warriors to be nerf already, thus I will just focus on sorc improvements.

In my opinion, We will be able to stand our ground if our mage skills are improved. So far only fireball seems to be effective in pvp with it's knockout. But skills like frostbolt does not freeze anyone, lighting need chance to stun and etc.

Our major skills
Fireball - need to be charged in order to knock down opponents and debuff them with -25 hit chance.
Frostbolt - need to be charged for a chance to freeze opponents.
Lightning - need to be charged for a chance to stun opponents.
Gale - need to be charged to give us a dodge and spd buff.

We are squishy, mages are never meant for tanking in most mmorpg games, thus we are dependant on stuns and high spell damages which are both non-existent in AL for us. Unlike the warriors and rogues classes who dun need to charge their skills but just spam the attack button like mad, we are at a very severe disadvantage since we can't melee these 2 classes and we dun have the skills to put distance between us and them...

nicoB
01-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Mages arent under powered. your fireball skill stun last long enough for you to kill a rogue before it wears off and your heal ability is better

Vystirch
01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Mages arent under powered. your fireball skill stun last long enough for you to kill a rogue before it wears off and your heal ability is better

It actually is pretty balanced already the two powers that are not fair are:
Fireball for Mage: stun is a bit too long.
Warrior horn with shield. Warriors stacking on each other is no fun.......

Rasittt
01-19-2013, 12:17 PM

that's the nature of pvp, happens in all pvp games.

Draxangel
01-19-2013, 12:53 PM
First off rogues crits are way overpowered 1 take to 2 shots kills. A warrior with max def and health can be almost impossible to kill especially with shield buff. Mages is under powered fireball stun is the only thing that keeps them alive but you have to charge. And the rest of the spells seem to have no effect. Except for slow time but the root effect doesn't work.

To get more people to want to pvp it would be nice to see some kind of reward system for the winning team. Like special coins given to buy upgraded special armor and weapons for participating in pvp. Or to buy special pets that can be used in pvp.

Matutd
01-19-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't like how the flag deals damage, it makes it less convincing to play an objective based game. I only focus on killing for this reason solely

U.Haunt.My.Heart
01-19-2013, 01:46 PM
I love the Capture the Flag, but I agree with others that there needs to be a reward system for winning. It is nice to win, but a reward would be even more incentive to go play! I also think that there should be a way to play where it's more balanced between characters. I have the best armor I have been able to buy (using platinum), but some still seem to take me down with one hit. No way to balance this out?

Vystirch
01-19-2013, 02:17 PM
I don't like how the flag deals damage, it makes it less convincing to play an objective based game. I only focus on killing for this reason solely

i actually like how it deals damage and slows us down, i like a chalenge. and this comming from a rogue with 50 captures.

To get more people to want to pvp it would be nice to see some kind of reward system for the winning team. Like special coins given to buy upgraded special armor and weapons for participating in pvp. Or to buy special pets that can be used in pvp.

yes a reward system that went to the wining team would be awesome.

I love the Capture the Flag, but I agree with others that there needs to be a reward system for winning. It is nice to win, but a reward would be even more incentive to go play! I also think that there should be a way to play where it's more balanced between characters. I have the best armor I have been able to buy (using platinum), but some still seem to take me down with one hit. No way to balance this out?

yep reward system would be awesome. alot of rogues are running with max equipment also.

Kracker jak
01-19-2013, 03:38 PM
the capture the flag is ok at best the fact that your actual stats n skills do not truly do as they say in this mode is a little bit of a down fall.
i know stats are not true to form because I've seen 1 hit kills even though the chars will obviously have more than the not even 300 dmg max even the 600 or so they would do with a critical hit and that's not even bringing the defense of the char which would make this even more impossible.
other then this problem i see the ctf is great, but as others have said a reward system for ctf would a plus

Asireuz
01-19-2013, 06:32 PM
I see a problem with rewards.

) Is it fair to reward someone for winning an unbalanced match

) How do you keep players on the losing team interested

Currently I see players all joining Blue, then waiting for the match to start. Who will join the 1 Red player if it means losing a possible reward. And once the score is clearly going one way, who will want to stay and lose, when you could join another game and win.

I want rewards though, because the biggest problem without rewards is having no downsides for people ignoring the flag.

Pulenski
01-19-2013, 07:05 PM
It's all pretty cool so far, class imbalances aside. Although I think that the flag carrier debuff is useful, imagine trying to get it off a supported warrior who didn't have that debuff? Just a thought...

A reward system would be cool too. It stands to reason that one would come later on after more testing of PvP considering its still very new.

Matutd
01-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Slowing us down? Yes. Dealing damage? No. It makes no sense. Even when I get in the enemy flag room, I won't take it because I have no reason to. Getting it back is hard enough, but with it damaging me too it's almost impossible. I have no str gear on my rogue, I use int as the secondary stat on my gear which makes me low on health already, taking more just because I'm flag running is ridiculous.

Kracker jak
01-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Nvm ctf is worst misstake of sts rogue now 1 hit kill every time with arrow
Y play
Make stats and skills normal no reason for 1 hit kill the dmg is impossible 270s is tops not 3000 plz fix so pvp has a point

yuriramos
01-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Are the pvp stats gona reset after the pvp testing stage?

Jcyee
01-19-2013, 08:58 PM
I like map layout. Just takes a little getting used to.

And I know you've probably heard this before, but screen rotation would be helpful, especially in PvP and CTF

Hadezs
01-19-2013, 09:11 PM
DEV TEAM, TO MAKE CTF MORE CHALLENGING. I SUGGEST THAT THE BASE SHOULD BE RANDOM RESET FOR EVERY MATCH...THEREFORE,IT REALLY MAKES US THINK MORE , MOVE & PLAN.. In battefield, nothing is fix position for you EVERTIME. That's a real battle!

CosmoxKramer
01-19-2013, 10:46 PM
I'm not a big PVPer in any game, but I tried ctf in AL and I do like it as a sorcerer. Here is my feedback though

-I love that playing as red or blue u get to play bottom to top. Nice job and the point of view changing.
-There needs to be some sort of health bar. Maybe not some ugly straight bar like other games, but maybe u could make the blue/red ring around the feet glow brighter near 100% health and dimmer or smaller when under 30% health. Any other mom during PVP u get to see the health of your target.
-the stacking 10% damage from noxious/aimed shots are extreme. I have 1775 health or so plus almost 600 armor but I can still get 1-2 shot by a rogue running out of the respawn tunnel. I'm not sure how that is even possible but it may be a bit imbalanced. Maybe instead of the continuous stacking damage it should be next spell of the same type is increased by x% instead of it being 10/20/30 and continuing up. Does this persist through death to by accident in PVP?
-knock backs for sorcerer and freeze doesn't seem to work at all

Muli
01-20-2013, 02:09 AM
I agree about the reward system. Special drops or coins for the winner tean would be more fun!

Klark60
01-20-2013, 03:52 AM
I don't like this kinda pvp, but since we are "stuck" with it, i would really like to see my enemies health bar. I fight warriors for like 5min and i do wanna now how much health they got. I don't know if you understand it but it's kinda frustrating not knowing how much HP they got left.

Kide2008
01-20-2013, 06:00 AM
just 1 thing i want : ) more players plz not only 5 vs 5 . WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !

lasciaba
01-20-2013, 08:13 AM
I would like to ask for adding report buttom in the pvp score page if there are any rude player.

I find there is no way to report them unless you see them.

I have no way to report this players after ctf as there is no report buttom in the score page.
I realize this problem is serious as you may see those players everyday.

Edited, thanks for tips below

veins
01-20-2013, 09:36 AM
My friends are reporting that the "joypad" is a bit glitching at CTF maps. I've noticed that too. It's getting stucked a lot. Skills are not charging, just a "one clicking"... Or just simply cant move for a sec or two.

Vystirch
01-20-2013, 09:38 AM
I would like to ask for adding report buttom in the pvp score page if there are any rude player.

I find there is no way to report them unless you see them.For example,

I have no way to report this players after ctf as there is no report buttom in the score page.
I realize this problem is serious as you may see those players everyday.

Type:
/report player's name
Also you will want to remove the pic.

Y O L O
01-20-2013, 10:08 AM
rogues r super weak against my warrior,it took 4 t kill my 19 warrior,then when they tried to 3v1 me i ripped them apart:/

Satedana
01-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Hello!

I have played some PVP and my first impression was that you die too fast, Im a rogue so I sometimes 1 or 2 shot people. By that I am not saying rogues are to overpowered since I get killed ridiculously fast by warriors and sorcerers also. Instead I think it would be a good idea to find a way to make fights last longer. At this point it does not take any skill at all to kill your enemy, which is boring. If the fights last longer, you will have to learn different rotations and such to conquer your opponent. It would be a lot more fun and challenging. At the moment a fight is over after I would say MAX 3-5 sec if you do not escape, in my opinion it would be A LOT more fun if you could make the fights last maybe 25-45 sec or something.

A way to do this could be by adding a PVP stat that increases the damage you are able to take, you could have a basic amount of this stat that all characters have depending on lvl. For example, in lvl 10 you have "100 PVP-Armor" and in lvl 20 "200 PVP-Armor" or something like that. This stat should make the fights last longer. And also in the future you could make this stat available on gear. It should be useless when you are not playing against other players but it would be an advantage in the PVP maps since the one with the best gear will have a better chance to survive the longest. It would be cool if you earn certain points in PVP which you can use to buy this "PVP-gear". Maybe "PVP-tokens", you could earn these when winning a game and/or when you capture a flag.

And also, maybe this is already in progress but I would love to see more PVP maps, and I would prefer more terrain, like forests and such. But do not get me wrong, this game is awesome and I love it, just wanted to share some ideas which would take this game to the next level, according to me :)

Keep it up Spacetime!

nicoB
01-20-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm not a big PVPer in any game, but. I tried ctf in AL and I do like it as a sorcerer. Here is my feedback though

-I love that playing as red or blue u get to play bottom to top. Nice job and the point of view changing.
-There needs to be some sort of health bar. Maybe not some ugly straight bar like other games, but maybe u could make the blue/red ring around the feet glow brighter near 100% health and dimmer or smaller when under 30% health. Any other mom during PVP u get to see the health of your target.
-the stacking 10% damage from noxious/aimed shots are extreme. I have 1775 health or so plus almost 600 armor but I can still get 1-2 shot by a rogue running out of the respawn tunnel. I'm not sure how that is even possible but it may be a bit imbalanced. Maybe instead of the continuous stacking damage it should be next spell of the same type is increased by x% instead of it being 10/20/30 and continuing up. Does this persist through death to by accident in PVP?
-knock backs for sorcerer and freeze doesn't seem to work at all

The buff goes away after death and only lasts a few seconds

nicoB
01-20-2013, 12:58 PM
I don't like this kinda pvp, but since we are. "stuck" with it, i would really like to see my enemies health bar. I fight warriors for like 5min and i do wanna now how much health they got. I don't know if you understand it but it's kinda frustrating not knowing how much HP they got left.

You know there almost dead wen the try to run. since most have almost 3k health i just add up the damage i do wnd wen it gets close to 2k i know thee almost dead

rkp71
01-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Quit dropping me to windmore when i hit x to leave matching screen.

let us party with guildmates... very tired of non team working random pugs.

stop people from cheating with pets.

Luigi Goyena Velasco
01-20-2013, 01:16 PM
yea.. deacrease WR damage, decrease mage stun, decrease Rogue Aimshot.. Thats all. I made 57 kills in my 2nd pvp game.

Haowesie
01-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Slowing us down? Yes. Dealing damage? No. It makes no sense. Even when I get in the enemy flag room, I won't take it because I have no reason to. Getting it back is hard enough, but with it damaging me too it's almost impossible. I have no str gear on my rogue, I use int as the secondary stat on my gear which makes me low on health already, taking more just because I'm flag running is ridiculous.

It should be called Flag versus Player (FvP) then :P

Mrsberry
01-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Just a suggestion
Make two separate lb boards in town one for Pve other for pvp to reduce clutter. Also make a pvp lead board for each class because some classes will always be better then others at curtained tasks. Rogue have high dmg and fast kills so they would dominate the top spots of lb. Warriors with there high armor and health would dominate flag captures. This way it more fair to each class.

csyui
01-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Pls set some reward after 1 match. For example, all members from winning team get 200 gold, the other team get 100 gold.
Also it would be even better if set some penalty for those who quit before game ends. Like deduct 100 gold off.

xtinafx
01-20-2013, 06:10 PM
-camera rotation
-rewards system
-damage reduction so fights last longer
-exit into a town instead of start screen
-an option to choose your groups before entering

That's all I can think of for now...Im sure there will be more discovered the more I play. Good job so far Spacetime! I am enjoying myself :)

Arcana
01-20-2013, 10:04 PM
fix the level range in a pvp room.My level 10 warrior will never wins against level 16+ opponent.I even ever facing lvl 20 or 21 because he is wearing demonlord set armor.Fix this lol.Not too high and not too low.

Bejo
01-21-2013, 02:22 AM
there is:
1. no friends/team chat, we can make stategy without unknowing by opponent. There must have team chat.
2. we need see opponent's hp
3. in heat of battle people left arena make battle unbalance, when 1 team just less than 3 player game must ended, some times i experience 2vs5 or 1vs5. and game must only start if both side have same number of player, not just 3 player min like now. there is unbalance if game start with 5vs3 that is totally massacre.
4. we need separate pvp leaderboard for each class
5. after respon we must invinsible for at least 2or3 seconds to avoid being killed just after respon (in other game like that i think)
6. times limit for each match to avoid farming kill (may be many people dont like it) . some times i enter pvp when all people there is friends and they dont finish the match when flag 4-4 they just kill each other to make high killing stat
7. skill for hunt or farming really difference with pvp, there will better if we have 2 separate skill build for hunt and for pvp.

GANGWAR
01-21-2013, 04:51 AM
i think mage's clock skill not working in pvp o_O i am not sure but its not slow down enemy

Mckelligan
01-21-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm enjoying pvp a lot. Although I did notice that everybody likes going to the Red. Maybe there is a way to randomize teams a bit like locking up one side if there is 4 on red and 1 on blue. So there is a way to funneling people to blue team.

Also I think this pvp expansion has many possibilities that could be branched out too. Like groups formed outside the pvp match and enter together. Maybe even different PvP game types? Assault and Defend? King of the hill?. Unrelated but the arena could be used as Survival maybe? Like how long you could survive with waves of monsters. This could get really competitive on the score board. There is definitely a ton of creative opportunities here.

PvP is pretty impressive, keep up the good work.

Norbert
01-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Please allow dual-spec!

I've had to nerf my sorcerer for PvE with Shield and Heal.

I haven't respec'd my rogue or warrior yet as I don't want to blow through all my plat. My warrior is currently a very strong classic tank, but that mostly sucks in PvP. Only good for carrying the flag, and even then needs vengeful blood probably. I'd like to keep him as a good tank for PvE since I made him just for that and I feel it fills a void these days.

I'd certainly buy dual-spec as a plat option if necessary.

Thx!

naifas
01-21-2013, 06:53 PM

NO you're wrong. at the end of the match it's always the good players or the ones who make a effort to learn and be good with their class with most kills and points.

currycrab
01-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Rogue skill: Trap.

It seem to apply for own team mates and ownself. I hope i am wrong.

currycrab
01-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Finding players in CTF.

Let say I have my group of friends and we want to play together. The current situation is, it may turn out that we become rival / enemy in CTF. Is there a party vs party? Let say 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. Players can form their party before entering the PVP arena. I dont mind paying platinum for such features.

For pet, please allow it in game. Arcane Legends is mainly focus on pet system. By disabling the pet system in PVP / CTF, the game will lose its uniqueness.

azefekie
01-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Devs and Mods you asked for feedback been gone 3 days and no new replies or updates from anyone...

GANGWAR
01-21-2013, 09:01 PM
there 2 tricks to enter with pet in pvp :-P
ask in your guild maybe they know :-P but in genesis guild we all using pet o_O

Haowesie
01-21-2013, 10:16 PM
I just noticed sometimes when my team mate is stationary against the wall or some odd position, my heal doesn't work, even though I'm standing right next to him. It happened more than once....

I'm going to try and see if it's repeatable, but this could be a bug? Has anyone else noticed?

nicoB
01-22-2013, 08:28 AM
i think mage's clock skill not working in pvp o_O i am not sure but its not slow down enemy

the clocks snare works in pvp. are you sure you have that ability unlocked?

dakota1988
01-22-2013, 12:03 PM
sorc arcane shield sometime just suddenly dissapear when stunned.

also, idk if this was lag issue, but sometimes warrior and rogue can leap through walls (with skyward and pierce)

lsd_centaur
01-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm enjoying pvp a lot. Although I did notice that everybody likes going to the Red. Maybe there is a way to randomize teams a bit like locking up one side if there is 4 on red and 1 on blue. So there is a way to funneling people to blue team.

Also I think this pvp expansion has many possibilities that could be branched out too. Like groups formed outside the pvp match and enter together. Maybe even different PvP game types? Assault and Defend? King of the hill?. Unrelated but the arena could be used as Survival maybe? Like how long you could survive with waves of monsters. This could get really competitive on the score board. There is definitely a ton of creative opportunities here.

PvP is pretty impressive, keep up the good work.

I noticed that too. I guess ppl like the color red.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 04:48 PM
I noticed that too. I guess ppl like the color red.

I prefer blue.

Melodicdeath
01-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Of all things the LAG is the most irritating..also, so many unnecessary deaths due to the joystick and skill buttons sticking! Its horrible :(

nicoB
01-22-2013, 08:17 PM
sorc arcane shield sometime just suddenly dissapear when stunned.

also, idk if this was lag issue, but sometimes warrior and rogue can leap through walls (with skyward and pierce)

i have also seen this. idk if its lag either but it shouldnt be. Everytome i see a warrior do it they end up on the other side of the map. i know because he was a team mate and i could see him on the mini map. If it were lag there was still no way that he could of gotten there that fast

Haowesie
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
i have also seen this. idk if its lag either but it shouldnt be. Everytome i see a warrior do it they end up on the other side of the map. i know because he was a team mate and i could see him on the mini map. If it were lag there was still no way that he could of gotten there that fast

I'm not sure if it is a rendering lag, but I've also been pulled by a warrior from an axe throw going completely around a corner. I.e. I was close to where health points appear, and he was at the corner completely on the other side... so when he did the pull, I suddenly went through the wall -- bizzare!

frieke
01-23-2013, 05:21 AM
Why are there two threads going?

currycrab
01-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Can I ask a question to Mage players?

Are you using Colton as your pet?

I noticed for my toons, warrior and rogue. I am using the "best" pet. Could this be one of the factors that can enhance Mage toons to become a better adventure?

Catwomann
01-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Right now the most required feature in CTF is party chat, can't even tell a strategy while playing cause other team also reads it and counters it.

Takezaki
01-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Not sure this has been mentionned but :

1- A way to figure out enemies Level
2- Showing Deaths on the end game screen
3- adding Win/Loss stat so people actually start playing the actual game.

Kracker jak
01-24-2013, 08:56 PM
pvp still not off regular player stats idk why u think things should b differant in pvp than normal game but it ruins pvp in my mind your stats should be your stats in either game mode not some random differential. would love to play pvp but i like arcane legends not whatever game this pvp is

[Sisu]Craphe
01-25-2013, 03:05 PM
PvP isnt great, but good, i hope 1 vs. 1 fights comming soon :)

wolfkult
01-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Some ideas. Not all good, but not all bad.

1. Some incentive for a team to win CTF. Currently it doesn't matter. PvP tokens for gear or PvP-centric skill points.
2. Additional kill related stats. Currently we only have deathblows which means warrior are not going to get much (lowest dps). Maybe different categories:
Deathblows - current "kills"
Kills - all players who did damage that resulted in kill (foe returning to 100% resets)
Solo kill - player did 100% of damage to kill foe (and was not healed by another player during)
3. Some incentive for healing. Append to the "Kill" category about that if you heal someone while they are doing damage that results in a kill you also get one.
4. Display health and level of opposing team -- seems like this was intentionally hidden so this is probably a no go
5. Instead of being grouped w/ a bunch of players w/ like levels just set caps (21-20, 19-17,16-14, etc). Will make it easier for <21 players to find an arena with balance (i.e. everyone will level only up to the cutoffs for each battleground, 21, 19, 16, etc in the ranges I just proposed).

Wizard_Mike
01-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Definitely agree about camera. We may be able to pull it off in PvP because the levels are primitive and the pieces are built on all sides.

Or you could just color everyone's minimap marker to match their team, that way people can't sneak up on you.

I don't want a turnable camera, personally. Kills come way to fast to be jacking around with a camera. If you do end up adding it, I hope you give us an option to lock it.

Wizard_Mike
01-25-2013, 05:23 PM
My feedback so far:

1) Damage needs to be halved in PvP. Kills happen way to fast.

2) No rewards for winning, on top of the flag dealing damage to it's carrier, means there's negative incentive for actually capping flags.

3) Would love to see the health bars of enemies.

4) We need dual specs badly.

5) Keep pets out of PvP directly, but let them continue to give us their happiness bonus. Just make pets invisible and inactive when in PvP. Pet happiness bonuses are just as much a part of character builds as stats and skills are.

Vilified
01-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Nicely done it seemed well balanced I was using a nuke Mage and able to kill both warriors and rogues but they were still able to kill me too

Ladycandyheal
01-26-2013, 02:12 AM
My feedback so far:

1) Damage needs to be halved in PvP. Kills happen way to fast.

2) No rewards for winning, on top of the flag dealing damage to it's carrier, means there's negative incentive for actually capping flags.

3) Would love to see the health bars of enemies.

4) We need dual specs badly.

5) Keep pets out of PvP directly, but let them continue to give us their happiness bonus. Just make pets invisible and inactive when in PvP. Pet happiness bonuses are just as much a part of character builds as stats and skills are.

With you except on pets. It's too darn cool seeing the pets running around and it looks cute too.

Pets are a huge part of AL, why would they make them invisible? Wouldn't be as fun IMO :)

currycrab
01-26-2013, 03:02 AM
Allow the choice of spawn after death, this is to encourage team work.

Allow in-game button for communication such as "incoming", enemy base, enemy spotted, need help with an indicator on map

Allow sorc fireball stun skill to override any skill cast and be stun

Allow sorc to have the ability of stunning for charged normal attack only

Allow random join in game (currently we have a choice red or blue)

Allow a party of person to join on the same color (red or blue)

Bug report:
When I cast a charged skill, an enemy deal damage to me at the same time. The charged skill / normal skill will be casted but skill ability is not cast on my toon. Cool down effect for the skill started

GoobieGabel
01-26-2013, 03:50 AM
So far I love CTF with my lvl 16 rogue. Although, my kill count isnt going towards achievements which is odd because flag captures do. (Just wondering why that is)

Megabird56
01-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Now that pvp is out, it would be nice if we can purchase an 'unlimited respec' package with plat instead of paying every single time?

currycrab
01-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Now that pvp is out, it would be nice if we can purchase an 'unlimited respec' package with plat instead of paying every single time?

You should mention as a slot to save our current build and we can swap in between the build.

of course respec still require plat but choose a build that we used before, it is free.. They may sell it as per other Legends idea

Alicherbone
01-26-2013, 08:03 AM

Yes!...tired of needlessly spamming my limited supply of mana on people. I can't tell if they are running because they are low on health but to know when you are close to a kill shot would be great!

Wizard_Mike
01-27-2013, 12:10 PM
With you except on pets. It's too darn cool seeing the pets running around and it looks cute too.

Pets are a huge part of AL, why would they make them invisible? Wouldn't be as fun IMO :)
I like pets too, but right now we have zero pets in pvp, so I'm trying to suggest a comprimise.

Why make them invisible? Well, if they aren't actually doing anything, then we don't need to see them. Plus adding ten pets to the narrow halls of the pvp areas could get a little crowded, visually speaking.

Wizard_Mike
01-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Oh, and I also feel if a player participates in a kill, then that player should earn a kill count. Even if that person did not land the killing blow. Giving the kill count only to the person who landed the killing blow seems primitive to me by today's standards.

bulldog1
01-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Take out healing skills in PvP would make ctf more challenging and strategically incline players its annoying how a warrior has to heal when on a 1v1 when they have enough health as is

Catwomann
01-27-2013, 01:32 PM
If pets are problem as they clutter too much, then maybe all pets can be kept on base rooms. They can attack enemies and protect flags.

Ladycandyheal
01-27-2013, 04:32 PM
I like pets too, but right now we have zero pets in pvp, so I'm trying to suggest a comprimise.

Why make them invisible? Well, if they aren't actually doing anything, then we don't need to see them. Plus adding ten pets to the narrow halls of the pvp areas could get a little crowded, visually speaking.

Sam Haynes has already said Pets will be reintroduced in PVP. I certainly hope they are very visible. I've seen a lot of pets before they patched it, and no hallways got crowded. It was fun having them there and my pets kept me buffed. The people with chrome even were able to activate the pets arcane ability in addition to the happiness bonus everyone got if the pets were happy that is.

I still would like to see Pet battles but I doubt it because it would be too complicated for STS but I look forward to seeing what they will do with pets in PVP in the future.

Wizard_Mike
01-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Sam Haynes has already said Pets will be reintroduced in PVP. I certainly hope they are very visible. I've seen a lot of pets before they patched it, and no hallways got crowded. It was fun having them there and my pets kept me buffed. The people with chrome even were able to activate the pets arcane ability in addition to the happiness bonus everyone got if the pets were happy that is.

I still would like to see Pet battles but I doubt it because it would be too complicated for STS but I look forward to seeing what they will do with pets in PVP in the future.

Ah, cool. I must have missed the post where he said that. My main concern with pets is the happiness bonus, as I feel this is an integral element of our character build. So it's good to know we'll be bringing them along in PvP at some point.

Heiki
01-28-2013, 06:08 AM
Rogues with mana regen? Gonna hurt.

nicoB
01-28-2013, 09:41 AM
an auto balance that limits the quantity of each class on a team would be nice, so you dont get more than 2 members of each class on one team

wolfkult
01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
I think the whole kill/death thing is a little wonky in pvp.

PvP stats should have "deathblows", "kills" and "solo kills". Currently we just have deathblows.

PvP stats should NOT have deaths because it just encourages people not to fight or to only fight when they have odds (2v1, 3v1, etc). The whole problem of most matches degenerating and ending because one team all leaves is because once one team has more people (and those people start rolling together as a group) there is no incentive to play (odds are slim you get a kill and odds are high you die a bunch).

Noixlml
01-30-2013, 10:36 AM

I totally disagree. I'm a Lvl 21 rogue with 150 Damage and I get killed all the time. Think I run too slow or am just bad at PVP!! Tried many times to capture the flag. Captured it but it seems to deplete my health every step. Is that normal?

wolfkult
01-30-2013, 02:48 PM
I totally disagree. I'm a Lvl 21 rogue with 150 Damage and I get killed all the time. Think I run too slow or am just bad at PVP!! Tried many times to capture the flag. Captured it but it seems to deplete my health every step. Is that normal?

Your health ticks down when you have the flag, normal. I wouldn't carry the flag as a rogue/mage unless you have some heal or are running with someone who does.

Flameshot
01-30-2013, 06:50 PM
So my 2cents:

PVP needs auto balance teams, once it becomes 1v3, 2v4, etc next death moves you to other team.
On entering the arena you should not allow people to join a team that already has more players in it.
You should not be able to cap the flag if the opposing team has yours. Promotes defense and attack, teamwork.
To stop spawn killing, once you die you should receive a 5 second invulnerability when you respawn.

More to come as i think about it. Liking it so far.

csyui
01-30-2013, 10:10 PM
CTF will start when each team has at least three players. But if one team has 2 player first, then one of them quit for some reason, any other player join this team the game will start with only 2 player in this team. Hope the timer can recognize how many player at the moment, not how many player came.

csyui
02-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Slow movement bug still exists. Occasionally even i ate speed boost, i still move like a turtle.

gundamsone
02-01-2013, 10:03 PM
depending on where you are relative to your opponent on the map, sometimes they can see you and you can't see them so...

but I guess you can't change that since it's locked camera

edit: unless you make the walls seethrough

Hroovitnir
02-02-2013, 02:40 PM
the pvp system in AL is absolutely stupid. as i stated in another post, it is totally broken. i as a warrior will stand there the whole fight dealing dmg and surviving while others die and restart yet come back hit someone one time and steal my kill, when i should get credit since i did all the dmg and survived. the pvp kill system needs to be based off dmg, whoever does the most dmg gets the kill count, because whats happening now is allowing kids who suck to get good pvp kills ratios by just following good players and sneaking in for the final hit, its absurd and its a retard system.

Haowesie
02-02-2013, 05:04 PM
The threads are getting longer, and this may have been suggested already, so apologies if it has. I would like to suggest the following:
- A safe zone spawning area, i.e. with a barrier similar to when the game starts. The player can exit the are when he/she feels it's safe (and cannot go back in).
- Would it be a good idea to be able to exit out of the game from the safety area without collecting a 'death point'? I understand that you get a 'death point' if you leave the game, as it is the risk when you step into the arena. However, if the situation has become 5v1, then without this safety barrier, you're pretty much a free kill indefinitely, as I know and have seen, some players will delay taking the flag to finish the game to bump up kill numbers.

Another suggestion too that may or may not be a good idea, but I'll throw it in :) To avoid the situation of 5v1, 4v1, 3v1- if there was a chance where a member of team with a higher number is killed, this person spawns in the safety area and is not allowed back into the arena until a new players joins the team with the lower number. So in essence a team would only have one higher number more whilst inside the arena and people who spawned will be in the safety zone until the game balances out.

What do you guys think?

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 03:44 AM
I think it would be good if they introduce pets, but not the pets actually attacking, only the happiness bonus, and possibly any buffs given from the arcane ability. But no attacks from pets or that will just get a little bit complicated.

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 04:47 AM
pets with abilities will make pvp/ctf a much more strategical game though

if you want only the pet bonus it's gonna be like pl...as the game lvls go higher people kill each other faster...really no strat and comes down to luck & who clicks the skills first

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 06:15 PM
if you want only the pet bonus it's gonna be like pl...as the game lvls go higher people kill each other faster...really no strat and comes down to luck & who clicks the skills first

Faster? I die in one hit from a rogue. How can it be any faster? LOL

PL PvP is slow compared to AL.

warbluefish
02-04-2013, 11:58 AM
CFT is breaking down. i joined about 10 games today. about 5 of them ppl just all join in one side. waiting for 3 ppl join others that they make a meal out of it. also a lot ppl left game for deing killed just twice. pls do something about it. i just join the game and leave the game all day .

Snalin
02-05-2013, 07:39 AM
CFT is breaking down. i joined about 10 games today. about 5 of them ppl just all join in one side. waiting for 3 ppl join others that they make a meal out of it. also a lot ppl left game for deing killed just twice. pls do something about it. i just join the game and leave the game all day .

Most leaderboard folks do this and act like twinks have easier farming

Snalin
02-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Faster? I die in one hit from a rogue. How can it be any faster? LOL

PL PvP is slow compared to AL.

1hit drain at 76? or l9 beck+stomp?

pets add a variety of abilities & would fo sho make ctf more colorful

shayen
02-05-2013, 09:48 AM
the level cap in each room still not fixed. I have level 14 rogue and i patied with level 20 palyers

Energizeric
02-05-2013, 11:42 PM
1hit drain at 76? or l9 beck+stomp?

pets add a variety of abilities & would fo sho make ctf more colorful

On average the battles last longer in PL than in AL.

But don't get me wrong, AL PvP is way way way better than PL PvP. After playing AL the past month, I went back and did some PvP in PL a couple of days ago, and by comparison it felt like I was fighting on ice. When you get hit, instead of falling down and/or getting stunned like you do in AL (or like you would in real life), instead you slide backwards all the way across the ground like you are on ice. I forgot how hard it is to stay grounded, you just constantly fly all over the place. AL is much more realistic and I like that there are not a million different buffs but just only a couple.

I do however wish the battles lasted a bit longer -- battles with rogues and sorcerers that is. With warriors it already takes a long time.

warbluefish
02-06-2013, 05:10 AM
Flag stealers r ruining the game. seeing more and more flag stealers. its just so unfair to the team mates.

Genuinous
02-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Flag stealers r ruining the game. seeing more and more flag stealers. its just so unfair to the team mates.

You can't do much about it, can you? As soon as players start hitting 10k kills, they will now concentrate on flag carrying only. Nothing you can do about it. Also flag lb is easier to achieve than kills lb.

warbluefish
02-06-2013, 05:25 AM
You can't do much about it, can you? As soon as players start hitting 10k kills, they will now concentrate on flag carrying only. Nothing you can do about it. Also flag lb is easier to achieve than kills lb.

:) This is a discusion thread. just let Devs know about it. Maybe we just wait everyone got the 10k kill 10k flag achievement then it would sattle down a bit. :).

Haligali
02-07-2013, 05:51 AM
Slow movement bug still exists. Occasionally even i ate speed boost, i still move like a turtle.

I also noticed it yesterday.

Hroovitnir
02-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Please make PvP kill credit dmg based!!!!! Kill shot based kills skew actual ability.
e.g. When I tank 2-3 players in a fight, everyone else dies but me and restarts. I hold it down till they get back still doing dmg and running around, they come back get 1 hit the person dies they get credit. They contributed to the fight none yet they get the kill count when I did all the dmg and have the skill. Kills Counts NEED to be dmg based, whoever does the most dmg gets the kill count.

gundamsone
02-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Turning off ffa and making ctf into a 1v1 zone is better than adjusting kills based on most damage done.

You know in most mmorpgs out there when it comes to pvp and pking theres 2 terms, rushing & pjing which is basically what's happening in AL CTF.

It's something you have to live with, if you want more kills then go be a rogue but I warn you, it's not fun to die just as many times as you kill.