PDA

View Full Version : Who plays soccer? (aka Futbol)

XghostzX
01-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Just out of curiosity, who plays soccer (futbol for those europeans)?

If so, what position?

I've been playing state soccer for the past two years, competing to win our national tournament in order to play international. I play sweeper, centerback.... anything related to defense.

Bless
01-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Me =) I play mid or defender.

Rot
01-19-2013, 11:33 AM
R... R... Ref... Refe.... Referee.. Refereeeeeeeee... ftw!

Jk, Mid-fielder. :)

Slcinuup
01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Goalie :)

dudetus
01-19-2013, 01:03 PM
I used to play soccer as well. Then I realized it was for pansies and I switched to football.

I played mostly left striker or wing 'cause I am fast. For the same reason I am halfback in football.

The Sadness
01-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Defense. No wonder your mage is a pally. :P

quanebo
01-19-2013, 01:58 PM
defense ftw!!:D

Zaonabiuibil
01-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Defense

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

XghostzX
01-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Defense. No wonder your mage is a pally. :P

Haha, how does that make me a pally? :P

Kraoracha
01-23-2013, 04:00 AM
I used to play from my 6th till my 18th birthday, have played left middle fielder, left and center defender, left wing and center attack.

Extreme
01-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Wing OFC!

XghostzX
01-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Wing OFC!

Aw hell naw.

cutted
04-07-2013, 06:00 AM
I play soccer I can be a goalkeeper and a defender

cutted
04-07-2013, 06:02 AM
I really love soccer

XghostzX
04-07-2013, 11:11 AM
^ who doesn't?

CrimsonTider
04-07-2013, 11:20 AM
I played for 12 years: 8 in school and then 4 in the Air Force/college campus league. Played center midfield/defense because I wasn't afraid to get dirty. ;) Also, was the back 'keep for my high school team.

Clemson was my favorite camp to attend. (They were top of the college world back then.)

XghostzX
04-07-2013, 11:41 AM
I played for 12 years: 8 in school and then 4 in the Air Force/college campus league. Played center midfield/defense because I wasn't afraid to get dirty. ;) Also, was the back 'keep for my high school team.

Clemson was my favorite camp to attend. (They were top of the college world back then.)

That's really cool! I've attended a ton of soccer camps at North Western - it's a really nice turf field right on Lake Michigan, it's gorgeous.

Caiahar
04-07-2013, 11:43 AM
I played soccer in elementary, haven't played since....but I remember I was good as goalie.

Greencrow
04-08-2013, 02:23 AM
During elementary years , was a winger back then :)

Limsi
04-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Zomg meee. Look at my siggy.

Anyway I play as CMF and would switch to AMF depends on the situation.. currently on soccer camp at my 2nd year alr and I have to say that playing barefooted in our garage and using the wall as my goal/teammate made me kick stronger, worth the blisters.

Griffinfan
04-08-2013, 07:42 AM
That's really cool! I've attended a ton of soccer camps at North Western - it's a really nice turf field right on Lake Michigan, it's gorgeous.

Michigan ftw

XghostzX
04-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Zomg meee. Look at my siggy.

Anyway I play as CMF and would switch to AMF depends on the situation.. currently on soccer camp at my 2nd year alr and I have to say that playing barefooted in our garage and using the wall as my goal/teammate made me kick stronger, worth the blisters.

The worst is when your cleats get become to small for your feet... you take them off after a game, and you're all like, "sweet mother of god"

Limsi
04-09-2013, 03:46 AM
The worst is when your cleats get become to small for your feet... you take them off after a game, and you're all like, "sweet mother of god"

Yeah esp with mercurials, I'm widefooted so f50s suit me well! I remember playin for 56 mins - never made it to full 90 and got subbed due to my stubbornness and then i removed my cleats and i was like : AAwweeeeeyeaah!

KingFu
04-09-2013, 04:59 AM
I play football!!!

Oh, that's a u...

XghostzX
04-09-2013, 10:11 AM
I play football!!!

Oh, that's a u...

Yeah dude, these weird peeps called "Ur-oh-pee-ins"

Ithrive
04-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Center forward (starting) ;)

Spyce
04-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Futbul..
No.

Basketball.

XghostzX
04-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Futbul..
No.

Basketball.

I used to play basketball.

Then I quit :D

Griffinfan
04-10-2013, 09:30 AM
I used to play basketball.

Then I quit :D

Great story, lol

Subscriber
04-10-2013, 12:19 PM
I've played soccer for about 9 years now, everyone says it's a "non-contact" sport.
-Well have you played?
"Yeah like one time at a park."
-Then.

But yeah I've played club for about 2-3ish years or so and got really good but now I'm terribad, stopped playing because it's my senior year in HS and don't wanna be super busy 24/7.

XghostzX
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
I've played soccer for about 9 years now, everyone says it's a "non-contact" sport.
-Well have you played?
-Then.

But yeah I've played club for about 2-3ish years or so and got really good but now I'm terribad, stopped playing because it's my senior year in HS and don't wanna be super busy 24/7.

More injuries occur from soccer than hockey and football (they wear paddings...)

But soccer is definitely one of the most physical sports you'll ever come across.

Subscriber
04-10-2013, 03:21 PM
More injuries occur from soccer than hockey and football (they wear paddings...)

But soccer is definitely one of the most physical sports you'll ever come across.

Yeah, have you ever been stepped on? I have the stupid expensive light Mercurials or whatever and it hurts. It's also not very fun being kicked or hit in the face by the soccer ball.

XghostzX
04-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Yeah, have you ever been stepped on? I have the stupid expensive light Mercurials or whatever and it hurts. It's also not very fun being kicked or hit in the face by the soccer ball.

Yeah dude, I know the feeling. I love going up for headers whether it's a punt or a corner kick.

Zeus
04-10-2013, 09:12 PM
People say the same thing about surfing...

How can surfing hurt when you're just in water? Trust me, it hurts, especially if a wave sends you all the way down to the ocean floor and you get a face full of sand, or hit some rocks/coral.

Lvl13Pvp
04-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Left Wing, Right Wing, Mid-Field, SWEEPER

-CookiezzPvp

Subscriber
04-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah dude, I know the feeling. I love going up for headers whether it's a punt or a corner kick.

I've never made a header haha, I always try but eh. Soccer's just really fun in general, like those games where both, you, and the other team are way into it and mad at eachother. Gets intense.

How can surfing hurt when you're just in water? Trust me, it hurts, especially if a wave sends you all the way down to the ocean floor and you get a face full of sand, or hit some rocks/coral.

I've surfed once on little waves, I'm not so good but yeah I've boogie boarded (kinda diff) and went face first into sand. It hurts.

Zeus
04-11-2013, 11:20 AM
I've never made a header haha, I always try but eh. Soccer's just really fun in general, like those games where both, you, and the other team are way into it and mad at eachother. Gets intense.

I've surfed once on little waves, I'm not so good but yeah I've boogie boarded (kinda diff) and went face first into sand. It hurts.

Or if the board collides into you when being pushed by the wave? Ya, that hurts too, especially if it is a big wooden longboard...

Subscriber
04-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Or if the board collides into you when being pushed by the wave? Ya, that hurts too, especially if it is a big wooden longboard...

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, it's not the best feeling haha. It'll hit ya right in the kisser, it actually happens a lot.

Ever seen like a fin and get scared then you realize it's a dolphin? Happened once I was honestly scared out of my mind.

Zeus
04-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, it's not the best feeling haha. It'll hit ya right in the kisser, it actually happens a lot.

Ever seen like a fin and get scared then you realize it's a dolphin? Happened once I was honestly scared out of my mind.

Yup, I was surfing with my friends one day. We were just chilling towards the back where the good waves are and 3 dolphins circled us. Of course, we didn't know they were dolphins.

One touched my friend's foot and he freaked out and fell off his board. I think we all crapped our pants until the dolphin's head broke the surface of the water...

CrimsonTider
04-11-2013, 02:24 PM

Explain that logic to the two boys whose tibia's I broke. o.O One on a free ball the other on a drop kick.

Subscriber
04-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Yup, I was surfing with my friends one day. We were just chilling towards the back where the good waves are and 3 dolphins circled us. Of course, we didn't know they were dolphins.

One touched my friend's foot and he freaked out and fell off his board. I think we all crapped our pants until the dolphin's head broke the surface of the water...

Wow yeah it's so scary because it's the Ocean like.. Anything can be out there and I dunno', just creepy feeling haha.

Walkhardd
04-11-2013, 02:37 PM
-Well have you played?
-Then.

Most fake injuries. Lol.

Don't hate me!

Subscriber
04-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Explain that logic to the two boys whose tibia's I broke. o.O One on a free ball the other on a drop kick.

I wasn't saying it was? That's what people tell me if I'm like "Yeah, I play soccer."

XghostzX
04-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Most fake injuries. Lol.

Don't hate me!

Haha, such a stereotype for soccer. I'll give that one to ya though, I see the pros do it a lot. That's because for them, getting a free kick is HUGE considering they can kick the ball all the way down the field.

floats
04-13-2013, 11:53 AM
I played soccer since I was at grade one.......I'm a striker.

Imma share a bit of my story since soccer is my life.

Every afternoon 4 pm, me and my dad usually play around safe, empty lands when our neighbourhood were stilla few. Yes, was using old Nike Gold shoes, love them.

And all this practice everyday til the 5th grade. And now, 5 goals each game at least or more :). Not here to brag but just saying that practice n all dedicated hardwork pays off.

XghostzX
04-13-2013, 11:20 PM
I played soccer since I was at grade one.......I'm a striker.

Imma share a bit of my story since soccer is my life.

Every afternoon 4 pm, me and my dad usually play around safe, empty lands when our neighbourhood were stilla few. Yes, was using old Nike Gold shoes, love them.

And all this practice everyday til the 5th grade. And now, 5 goals each game at least or more :). Not here to brag but just saying that practice n all dedicated hardwork pays off.

Nice! So you're in the fifth grade? (Legit curious question.) Because if you are, just keep it up for high school. It's fun playing up!

Caiahar
04-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Nice! So you're in the fifth grade? (Legit curious question.) Because if you are, just keep it up for high school. It's fun playing up!

till the fifth grade

Yea..TILL. Whatever, that would mean he was 11 if it was true. Isn't forum and in game restricted to 13+, as dudetus said?

Sryyoulose
04-13-2013, 11:32 PM
I play soccer... And I should totally go the same camp at north western. I'm gonna stalk him in real life ;) WHOOT!
I'm not to far away (Less then a couple hours) and I'd totally kick your butt (Jk)

I usually play left wing(Right wing when penetrating defense instead if crossing) but I'm pretty good at stopper or marker to... <3 soccer forever.

Zeus
04-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Yea..TILL. Whatever, that would mean he was 11 if it was true. Isn't forum and in game restricted to 13+, as dudetus said?

It should be maturity over age.

Caiahar
04-14-2013, 08:00 AM
It should be maturity over age.

Yeah, but doesn't sts banned those guys?

KingFu
04-14-2013, 11:23 AM

Or if the wind blows too hard and a grain of sand goes into your eye and it tickles so you rub it, leading to the sharp, jagged piece of sand to scratch your cornea. Dangerous sport.

floats
04-14-2013, 11:34 AM

8th grade, and I kinda suck now. :)

floats
04-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Or if the wind blows too hard and a grain of sand goes into your eye and it tickles so you rub it, leading to the sharp, jagged piece of sand to scratch your cornea. Dangerous sport.

Lol, sometimes thinking to far wouldn't be nice. Weird feeling.

Subscriber
04-14-2013, 01:30 PM

Very dangerous indeed, sand is not very friendly. Especially at windy beaches.

Thelastblink
04-15-2013, 06:18 AM
My music teacher said that if you are a surfer the surfing board hits the back of your head very often which affects your hearing... Honestly dunno how you surfers hit their head with their surfboard :/

Mwmurder
04-16-2013, 08:29 PM
I play Cst looking at a baws right here

Zeus
04-16-2013, 10:04 PM
My music teacher said that if you are a surfer the surfing board hits the back of your head very often which affects your hearing... Honestly dunno how you surfers hit their head with their surfboard :/

Once you wipe out, you and your board are going in the same direction...

Your board is going much faster than you can move in water too. Plus, often times, you can't dive down underwater deep enough to avoid the fins.

Over time though, you get good at dodging your surfboard. :D
Either that, or you're smart and pull your leash as soon as the wave is over so the board isn't carried by other waves and hits you or other people.

dudetus
04-17-2013, 05:39 AM
Sry Ghost but I have to report this thread now and request it to be locked as those trolls turned soccer discussion into a surffing discussion thread.

U derailers should be ashamed of urself.