PDA

View Full Version : Can we play on arm6?

Nytcrow
01-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Why dont u just switch pl back to arm6 and make new version for arm7, while we wait for arm7 both sides can play that isnt much of a work to do. This is best solution and pls consider us...

Caiahar
01-19-2013, 08:20 PM
There are lots of threads on this, ppl have been playing PL for a long time and now they can't play. I feel sorry for them :(. :banana: why are you happy about this banana??!?!? :mad:

Jcyee
01-19-2013, 08:45 PM
You can still play on Chrome

Nytcrow
01-19-2013, 09:09 PM
My comp is broken... And still phone much better then chrome... Terrible update :(

Zeus
01-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Players, why is it such a problem to sell your old device and look for a cheap one capable of playing PL.

Playing on ARMv6 had to be terrible to play on anyways. My 3rd gen barely handles the lag and often force closes. Idk how you dealt with it.

Nytcrow
01-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Players, why is it such a problem to sell your old device and look for a cheap one capable of playing PL.

Playing on ARMv6 had to be terrible to play on anyways. My 3rd gen barely handles the lag and often force closes. Idk how you dealt with it.

Why to put us to selling our device when this is the best so far soltion and its free... Not every body wants to sell.
And my playing on arm6 was very good not much lag 190-300 and no force closes hmm

Zeus
01-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Why to put us to selling our device when this is the best so far soltion and its free... Not every body wants to sell.
And my playing on arm6 was very good not much lag 190-300 and no force closes hmm

This is not the best solution because it is costly for the company to make the light software.

This is the way gaming works, dude. You want to enjoy the game over the years? You'll need to upgrade at one point. All of us have to deal with it. Technology is moving forward - it can't stop for you or anyone else, so it's your job to keep up.

McBain
01-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Games advance with the technology. You might as well get mad at Sony for not supporting the PS2 after they released the PS3. It's a bummer if you can't play anymore, seriously, but realistically technology can only be backward-compatible to a certain point before it becomes pointless.

Jcyee
01-19-2013, 11:18 PM
My comp is broken... And still phone much better then chrome... Terrible update :(

Well if you don't want to get a new device, you should fix your computer and get used to Chrome. Probably the best way to go considering your situation

xcainnblecterx
01-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Yea sucks when technology moves forward on games. Try playing dead island or skyrim on a 2 yr.old dell with a.family chip set graphics card. Think of pl like that, you dont upgrade or cant then theres nada else you can do

Kixxler
01-20-2013, 01:25 AM
maybes this is destinys way of saying you have to make some life changes

I love logic as well

Waug
01-20-2013, 04:43 AM
Solid and appropriate logic brick mage. the thing is

pl is not even full scall 3d, yes there are better hd and full scale 3d games that runs on armv6 why not pl. they made new games for so called high end devices not a problem and should not be, but doing anything that totally force eliminate players who have been playing over an year isn't logical. if they rage about it, is also not unfair.

Unxtoxic
01-20-2013, 06:04 AM
Games advance with the technology. You might as well get mad at Sony for not supporting the PS2 after they released the PS3. It's a bummer if you can't play anymore, seriously, but realistically technology can only be backward-compatible to a certain point before it becomes pointless.

What do you mean they don't support ps2? I still have my old ps3 and yes it maybe big and bulky but it's like a tank to me and it still supports ps2 games. Also I'm pretty sure they upgraded some ps2 games to make it playable on ps3 slims and other versions.

Nytcrow
01-20-2013, 06:42 AM
While it's true that technology advances, the real question is, is this game worth investing an entirely new gadget on? Also, technology doesn't advance for the sake of just advancing...PS2 is worlds apart from PS3 in many ways (if not all), the difference in quality is significant (I can talk specs but what's the point, it's obvious).

So, is this not the same Pocket Legends regardless if its ARMv7 or ARMv6? That's tantamount to saying that a game requires you to buy Playstation 3 and ditch your Playstation 2, BUT YOU PLAY THE SAME GAME, what? Is this Pocket Legends played using ARMv7 a better version when it was being played with ARMv6? NO. Is this the a sequel or a port with improved graphics? NO. Then, what is the point of this so-called technological advancement in ARMv7 in relation to Pocket Legends? Nothing :D You'll make people buy a new gadget to play the same game as it was using previous technology. Advancement in technology, where? :D Final Fantasy 7 to Final Fantasy 8 all the way to Final Fantasy XIII-2 are fruits of advancements in technology relative to specs, hardware, etc., Pocket Legends armv6 to Pocket Legends armv7 is not, you see the difference? There may be titles that would be remade or ported from previous consoles as revivals and classics such as God of War or Final Fantasy, but clearly, this is not a remake, port, or a classic (otherwise, it would have been advertised as such). Besides, nobody half knowledgeable about games would believe that Pocket Legends is worthy to be called a classic as an industry standard (heck, the content is not even finished yet...).

..Well...like I said, I guess this is what mobile games are for...for amateur gamers. For all you out there who've been screwed by this so-called new technology BS, a better option would be to save up for Razer's Edge (PC gaming Tablet, already released) basically it's a new technology that allows players to play their favorite PC games (MMOs included such as World of Warcraft or maybe even Guildwars 2 in the future) in tablet or you can check out Overwolf (a software company) they're collaborating with Intel to achieve PC tablet gaming tech as well...now that's "true" advancement...not this BS LOL. Be smart what games/practices to support. If this so-called new technology supported by Pocket Legends is forcing you to buy new gadget, consider your other options such as what I mentioned. You will realize, that it's not even a competition.

PS: ARM Cores (Processor) doesn't have anything to do with network latency (a.k.a ping)...haha...some of you guys are funny talking like you're super sure it really did the job. Just FYI for those who doesn't know, ARM is not the technology, it's a company, the technology is the micro processor. Micro processor is not "new" technology, they simply improve on it. It's a better version yes, but not new. So next time, avoid using the word "new technology", it's not, call it improved version. New technology is what I mentioned earlier in PC gaming tablet, they're finding new ways that has never been done before to shrink hardware and perform at the same level (that has always been the problem dating back since the inception of laptops, the size:performance ratio of hardware). In addition, In PC, you can still play games even if your spec is outdated, but in mobile, this is not the case, how come in PC we can do this and not in mobile? (DING DING DING!).

The words are spoken!! Tyvm for this post it says all we wanted to say

Solid and appropriate logic brick mage. the thing is

pl is not even full scall 3d, yes there are better hd and full scale 3d games that runs on armv6 why not pl. they made new games for so called high end devices not a problem and should not be, but doing anything that totally force eliminate players who have been playing over an year isn't logical. if they rage about it, is also not unfair.

Yes agree with this one

reuagr
01-21-2013, 10:37 PM
While it's true that technology advances, the real question is, is this game worth investing an entirely new gadget on? Also, technology doesn't advance for the sake of just advancing...PS2 is worlds apart from PS3 in many ways (if not all), the difference in quality is significant (I can talk specs but what's the point, it's obvious).

So, is this not the same Pocket Legends regardless if its ARMv7 or ARMv6? That's tantamount to saying that a game requires you to buy Playstation 3 and ditch your Playstation 2, BUT YOU PLAY THE SAME GAME, what? Is this Pocket Legends played using ARMv7 a better version when it was being played with ARMv6? NO. Is this the a sequel or a port with improved graphics? NO. Then, what is the point of this so-called technological advancement in ARMv7 in relation to Pocket Legends? Nothing :D You'll make people buy a new gadget to play the same game as it was using previous technology. Advancement in technology, where? :D Final Fantasy 7 to Final Fantasy 8 all the way to Final Fantasy XIII-2 are fruits of advancements in technology relative to specs, hardware, etc., Pocket Legends armv6 to Pocket Legends armv7 is not, you see the difference? There may be titles that would be remade or ported from previous consoles as revivals and classics such as God of War or Final Fantasy, but clearly, this is not a remake, port, or a classic (otherwise, it would have been advertised as such). Besides, nobody half knowledgeable about games would believe that Pocket Legends is worthy to be called a classic as an industry standard (heck, the content is not even finished yet...).

..Well...like I said, I guess this is what mobile games are for...for amateur gamers. For all you out there who've been screwed by this so-called new technology BS, a better option would be to save up for Razer's Edge (PC gaming Tablet, already released) basically it's a new technology that allows players to play their favorite PC games (MMOs included such as World of Warcraft or maybe even Guildwars 2 in the future) in tablet or you can check out Overwolf (a software company) they're collaborating with Intel to achieve PC tablet gaming tech as well...now that's "true" advancement...not this BS LOL. Be smart what games/practices to support. If this so-called new technology supported by Pocket Legends is forcing you to buy new gadget, consider your other options such as what I mentioned. You will realize, that it's not even a competition.

PS: ARM Cores (Processor) doesn't have anything to do with network latency (a.k.a ping)...haha...some of you guys are funny talking like you're super sure it really did the job. Just FYI for those who doesn't know, ARM is not the technology, it's a company, the technology is the micro processor. Micro processor is not "new" technology, they simply improve on it. It's a better version yes, but not new. So next time, avoid using the word "new technology", it's not, call it improved version. New technology is what I mentioned earlier in PC gaming tablet, they're finding new ways that has never been done before to shrink hardware and perform at the same level (that has always been the problem dating back since the inception of laptops, the size:performance ratio of hardware). In addition, In PC, you can still play games even if your spec is outdated, but in mobile, this is not the case, how come in PC we can do this and not in mobile? (DING DING DING!).

agreed with u guys,
well this game will be lost many royal gamer (armv6)

Jig
01-22-2013, 12:56 AM
Hmm... only one solution.. move on with your life!

Suentous PO
01-22-2013, 01:12 AM
..Well...like I said, I guess this is what mobile games are for...for amateur gamers.

This is one of the ways I always know its you. You can't make a good point without posturing. Other than that, some good input.

Waug
01-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I really can't understand why. Cuz ARMv6 still a huge market, reading somewhere. It's also not clear that, to make it compatible with v7, they withdrawl the compatibily from v6, unfair unjustified and weird only if they're just running after high paying customers rather large number of player base, good luck with that STS.

Techno Email
01-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately, PL no longer supports Arm v.6. Hopefully you can try out Pocket Legends on Chrome (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pocket-legends/mhpdbcnfpodnaefldpdohoibdajcfabp?hl=en).
You can also check out our Flash client (http://account.spacetimestudios.com/pocketlegends/?mode=flash).

You can use your existing account to log in, so you won't lose any of your characters. :)

If you haven't already, you can also check out Arcane Legends for Chrome (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arcane-legends/ibmlkgieigeddcedpbijnpojheoddido?hl=en) or Flash (http://account.spacetimestudios.com/arcanelegends/?mode=flash), and any of our other Legends games on Chrome and Flash. Happy gaming, and we hope to see you in game again soon!

FluffNStuff
01-22-2013, 11:51 AM
My guess is the jump in technology that BrickGame is looking for is actually Arcane Legends, which ~NEEDS~ ARMv7. But since they develop game simultaneously and port code from one game to another, it would be counter productive to develop PL for ARMv6 and AL for ARMv7. Just a guess, but if I was them, that is what I would do.

Waug
01-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Unfortunately, PL no longer supports Arm v.6. Hopefully you can try out Pocket Legends on Chrome (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pocket-legends/mhpdbcnfpodnaefldpdohoibdajcfabp?hl=en).
You can also check out our Flash client (http://account.spacetimestudios.com/pocketlegends/?mode=flash).

You can use your existing account to log in, so you won't lose any of your characters. :)

If you haven't already, you can also check out Arcane Legends for Chrome (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arcane-legends/ibmlkgieigeddcedpbijnpojheoddido?hl=en) or Flash (http://account.spacetimestudios.com/arcanelegends/?mode=flash), and any of our other Legends games on Chrome and Flash. Happy gaming, and we hope to see you in game again soon!

We know that, but isn't there any way to make another armv6 compatible version? I'm taking about dual/lite version of pl.

Waug
01-22-2013, 12:03 PM
and port code from one game to another

Good point out, force eliminate significant amount of old players just to port code from one game to another is lame idea and also the test of all sts games should not be alike,

Fusionstrike
01-23-2013, 02:07 AM
I agree in principle with the argument that people need to keep up with technology. But ending arm6 support with as many devices as there are still out there seems premature. It's not like PL is dying for advanced chip features. It's simple cartoony graphics that any device could render. PL really should be able to continue for a while to let the old arm6 fade away more before pulling the plug.

Shellkaz
01-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Fusion, I agree. I don't see that we are getting any significant improvements to the game. We still have the same guild halls, the same skills, pets that can't fight or improve our stats, no way to form party's, the list could go on and on. I would like to know how armv7 has improved PL, or will improve PL. I haven't seen any announcements of changes or improvements.

What I have seen are friends who can't afford a new device and who can't play on a computer vanish from the game. :( Since we never got a way to send messages in game, or an announcement board, I have no way to tell if missing friends have quit the game, or are locked out because their device won't support armv7.

I don't have a problem with new technology, if it improves my gaming experience. But the switch has not improved my PL gaming experience. It's the same game as it was before the switch was made and I don't see anything new in the works. Just missing faces in my guild hall. :(

Waug
01-24-2013, 10:25 AM
No offense, they won't listen now, back then, when they had no choice, intentated to be a pc gaming studio, turned into low quality low end device game development company, that hard work, low quality classic gave them smashing expose and fame, but that's history they're established now and 'going forward, not backward' but the intentions of doing good gaming for it's own shake is missing somewhere.

Nytcrow
01-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Just let us play ffs!
Make it like before...

Crackulus
01-30-2013, 10:45 PM
They gave us time already. But still it would be cost effective to let the large percentage of players that use armv6 to continue playing. I would much rather use money on luck and thrasher through the new cap than buying a Galaxy Ace or another cheap device just to play. Version 2.0.0.2 still has the engine needed to just port over to 2.0.0.5. It would only cost a few minutes to compile and sign the package. We seriously need more Hand holding in our customer service here space time. At least give us a little Info here why you cannot do such a simple thing and save your loss of profits. No matter how much impact it has, profit is profit. Us armv6 players DO spend money you know, contrary to popular belief.

McBain
01-31-2013, 01:51 AM
Obviously, this move had to make sense from a business standpoint or it wouldn't have happened. How it makes sense, we can only guess.

I feel for y'all. I know some people that play on Chrome, but I can't do it myself. I've never done that type of gaming, and it's just control overload. Too many keyboard keys/functions to remember and be able to recall quickly. It's a large mental jump to switch to that after being used to performing every action visually by touching a screen. If my device stopped being supported, I probably wouldn't bother trying to get used to keyboard controls.

Shellkaz
01-31-2013, 07:59 AM
McBain, I understand exactly what you mean! I'm so used to the touch controls, that even though I have PL loaded up on my computer, I've only used it to transfer gold or items between accounts. The switch from touch controls to using a keyboard just isn't something I would even consider.

So if it ever gets to the point where my device isn't supported, I probably will turn my plat into gold & give it all to my successor as guild master and bid a reluctant farewell to PL.

Waug
02-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Unfortunately

Did this inspired me to be a bad necro-er? God knows, oops god makes.

Schnitzel
02-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Im still wondering whats arm6?

Bilaxman
02-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Im still wondering whats arm6?

Here it is :)

The ARM architecture describes a family of RISC-based computer processors designed and licensed by British company ARM Holdings.

(from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture))

Multibird
02-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Hope you can play again :)