PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Windmore City Tavern

geltian
01-20-2013, 07:02 AM
Hi I am new player and I got through intro but now stuck in first Tavern. I can open inventory but all tabs are inactive. I get told to talk to innkeeper and gives shop intro but when I exit as told nothing changes and as soon as I try walk away it says talk to innkeeper and goes through shop intro again. I have tried reloading and even buying stuff at start screen but I still can't access anything or escape the innkeeper shop intro loop. HELPPPPPPPPP

Samhayne
01-20-2013, 07:10 AM
Hi Geltian,

Sorry to hear of your problem. When you talk to the tavern keeper the store should pop up and the hands shoul point you to buy a chest. Please go through those steps, as you don't really sped anything - it is there to show you how chests work.

What is the name of your stuck character?

Cmullins
01-20-2013, 09:30 AM
I am having the exact same issue. It just keeps prompting me to talk to the tavern keeper my name is bunnyninja

Cmullins
01-20-2013, 09:40 AM
And I have followed the steps mentioned above so many times I'm level 5 and haven't left the tavern it's very frustrating

geltian
01-20-2013, 08:04 PM
My characters are Geltian and Lightfingers. I have done the shop tutorial repeatedly and levelled same as Cmullins doing it over and over. The guide arrow points to top left door after doing shop tutorial but when I try interact with door the shop tutorial comes up again. I have emailed support to but not expecting an answer for a while yet.

geltian
01-20-2013, 08:07 PM
I suspect if two of us have taken time to post is a lot more that are having issue but not bothering to try find help and just moving to another game.

Destructible
01-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Send in a support ticket, guys. :) You'll receive better help that way.

geltian
01-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Sent same time I posted here and haven't got a response yet. Every game I ever played forums way quicker response than support and if easy fix I would have been playing long before support even reads mail.

Cmullins
01-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Yes I did the same and still haven't heard back anything. I can't get support within 48hrs so this game is a waste of space on my phone which I will be removing

krisnik
01-22-2013, 06:00 AM
I installed this game yesterday and got the same problem: Stuck in Windmore City Tavern. I tried a lot of variants, even delete and install the game again but without success

Cmullins
01-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Yes it's clearly a bug someone needs to address and haven't bc I'm sure there a dozen ppl who are like us

Cmullins
01-22-2013, 09:22 AM
We feel your pain Krisnik it is beyond frustrating

Cmullins
01-22-2013, 08:16 PM
It's now being looked into guys! Be patient :)

geltian
01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Patient, I wait 4 days to be told delete characters and try again with no consideration for platinum spent or fact from their own forums even full game delete and restart doesn't help. This is clearly not a one off issue and the good old if in doubt reset is best they can do. Besides if delete and restart was going to help it would not have happened to both my characters. This is what they call support, I call it an insult.
Well goodbye, unless they give a lot more constructive response I will be done with this.

iondeuterium
01-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Just go to goals in the upper left hand corner, and click leave tavern goal

Cmullins
01-28-2013, 01:19 PM
That's not an available option. Nothing happens when I click goals unless a few seconds has passed since I talked to the tavern keeper, then it pops up again talk to tavern keeper. even when I click and open up menu such as inventory and all that none of those options work either I click and it just closes the menu and I'm still stuck talking to the tavern keeper. That is my only available option

wowdah
01-28-2013, 02:09 PM
One fix is to log in using another source, because if you make another account using the 3 other options (Facebook, sts, google, ) then it will work ( did for me) . Since you just started it will only take 1 minute and 26 seconds to get to the tavern

Cmullins
01-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Yep that worked! Only downside was not being able to use my original character name but I am already past where I was stuck. Thanks!

wowdah
01-28-2013, 04:54 PM
No problem lol I know how frustrating ur problem is. :)
I think this problem may be due to if you use your pet arcane ability when asked but I'm not sure