PDA

View Full Version : Guide On Sub Forums!

Chiti
01-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Hey there! This is my guide on Sub Forums!
Even though there is a little description beneath the name of sub forums, I wanted make a guide as many people post in the wrong section.
First of all there are 11 types of Sub Forums.

-PL Announcements
-PL New Players
-PL General Discussion
-PL Contests
-PL Player vs Player ( PVP ) Discussion
-PL Guilds
-PL Player Guides
-PL Crafting
-PL Trader's Market
-PL Suggestions & Feedback
-PL Technical Issues & Bugs

In this guide I'll try to clarify and differentiate them and I'll also show how to make a thread and what are the options. You can even post in this thread if you have any difficulty to decide where you should post..

1: PL Announcements
Basically PL Announcements are some important things we have to know about the game.. Like an update or new things which come. Though we cannot post here, but we sometime complain to mods,admins,devs etc. About things which are already announced here! It is a total waste of time of devs to reply in threads of complaining. And most of the things are also shown in Pocket legends news.

2: PL New Players
Here the new players can tell about that they joined the game and maybe need some advice! But if you make a new char, or if you changed your name won't come here. In this section we can welcome people in their thread.. This thread is not only for welcoming but helping them. Sometimes people ragequit or quit because they couldn't figure out something.. In this situation the players can post in this section, No matter even it's a very silly question, you are new so free feel to ask and explore this game.

3: General Discussion
Nothing to say much in this, just everything which doesn't come in other sections and is/sometimes is not related to PL comes here! Like- I love this game..

4: Contests
This Section can make your life.. In this section, you are doing a contest in others compete and you have a certain amount.. If you don't have a amount to give away as prize then majority won't participate in your contest! Sometimes normal players make the contest or the devs/mods/admins post it! ( A guide of Chicken telling about devs if you don't know who they are? ) http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?52451-D-THE-official-Devs-Profiles-Place-!-D

Tired Will update with more info and some pics..

The Happiness
01-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Actually ...I think general discussion is about all things PL related. If it's not PL related it should go in the Off topic section...just saying.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?19-Off-Topic-Discussion

And no disrespect intended...but is this guide really necessary? I mean, if you can read, surely it's not that difficult to post in the right section? Or is that just me being picky? And anyone who can't post in the right section isn't really going to search for your guide first either. Just seems redundant. Sorry.

Will edit this if I am a minority though.

Chiti
01-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Happiness, many people post in wrong section, if my thread goes good, if people read it they will stop their confusion ..

Deadbite
01-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Actually ...I think general discussion is about all things PL related. If it's not PL related it should go in the Off topic section...just saying.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?19-Off-Topic-Discussion

And no disrespect intended...but is this guide really necessary? I mean, if you can read, surely it's not that difficult to post in the right section? Or is that just me being picky? And anyone who can't post in the right section isn't really going to search for your guide first either. Just seems redundant. Sorry.

Will edit this if I am a minority though.

I agree with you on this... I mean arnt things self explanatory? Some time people mess up but just message a dev to move it.

The Happiness
01-20-2013, 09:49 AM
I agree with you on this... I mean arnt things self explanatory? Some time people mess up but just message a dev to move it.

Precisely :)

NotYoCookiez
01-20-2013, 09:56 AM
If people don't read the little description for the sub forum (which does give a clue what's going on that section) I doubt they will read this.

The Happiness
01-20-2013, 10:38 AM
I think what we are trying to say is that it is a nice idea, but your target audience is wrong. People who already know where to post, post. People who don't know where to post, or cannot read the descriptions below the sections that STS have previously written and not going to use this thread.

Chiti
01-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Hm! I will update it with good stuff! Then might they will.

Bless
01-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Again with the "obvious" guides...

ArtofWar
01-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Good work but i don't think this guide is necessary :-/

Chiti
01-20-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm updating it tomorrow , then it'll be good! And it's too irritating people posting in wrong sections like- "I have a suggestion on items" in contest section -.-

Noodleleg
01-20-2013, 11:30 AM
I think you should go to sellrep. Much easier that way :D!

Chiti
01-20-2013, 11:32 AM
BUT this thread is cathy many ppl posting here

Noodleleg
01-20-2013, 11:32 AM
BUT this thread is cathy many ppl posting here

And do you see many positive replies?

Bless
01-20-2013, 11:36 AM
I think you should go to sellrep. Much easier that way :D! I'll thank when im on pc

Noodleleg
01-20-2013, 11:38 AM
I'll thank when im on pc

I love when I get more thanks than the original post ^_^!

Chiti
01-20-2013, 11:38 AM
LOL

Bless
01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
I'll thank when im on pc

I love when I get more thanks than the original post ^_^! there u go newble

Noodleleg
01-20-2013, 11:45 AM
there u go newble

Thank yew mai mireecohburd <3

Jcyee
01-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Well, since this is a supposed guide about sub-forums, don't you think you would have posted in the right forum in the first place?

Chiti
01-20-2013, 01:54 PM
We are not allowed to post in guides, first we have to post it in general discussion then ask samhayne to transfer :)

Cascade
01-20-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm working on my guide how to use the quick reply thing at the bottom of the page.

Kiwihawk
01-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Cant We Just Figure Out The Sub Forums By Looking At The Name?

Bless
01-20-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm working on my guide how to use the quick reply thing at the bottom of the page. Im doing one on how to log onto the forums.

LwMark
01-20-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm working on my guide how to use the quick reply thing at the bottom of the page. Im doing one on how to log onto the forums.

Show how to make account aswell i still dont get it, i dont see anywhere that says create account, all i see is a log out button, ploz helpz

Bless
01-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Show how to make account aswell i still dont get it, i dont see anywhere that says create account, all i see is a log out button, ploz helpz you killed it.

And buried it.

LwMark
01-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Show how to make account aswell i still dont get it, i dont see anywhere that says create account, all i see is a log out button, ploz helpz you killed it.

And buried it.

What did i kill? I need help u not muracleberd at al

Kiwihawk
01-20-2013, 07:11 PM
you killed it.

And buried it.

XghostzX
01-20-2013, 07:19 PM
What's ironic is that this should be in the guide section...

dudetus
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Eww. Another guide era?

This guide is useless.

People who fail to comprehend into which sub forum they should be posting won't read this. Simply because they are so derpy that they do not know what sub forum means regardless of even going to look at this guide.

Caiahar
01-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Eww. Another guide era?

This guide is useless.

People who fail to comprehend into which sub forum they should be posting won't read this. Simply because they are so derpy that they do not know what sub forum means regardless of even going to look at this guide.

Now I know dudetus is back to his old self.

Griffinfan
01-21-2013, 08:10 AM
if someone can't tell what the forums mean by subforums/names then they shouldn't be on the forums.

+1 to another useless guide

Xyzther
01-21-2013, 09:10 AM
There's too many guides now :(

The Sadness
01-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Someone should write a guide on How to write a helpful guide.

Anyone? Anyone? It's up for grabs.

Deadsoldiers
01-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Happiness, many people post in wrong section, if my thread goes good, if people read it they will stop their confusion .. Actually it should stay in General Discussion or New Players because as a new Player I wouldn't look at Guides first. And maybe an title for it which underlines that its important for newbies to read. Thats all of my critic. All rest is great I 100% support the idea of this Guide because I saw a lot of things posted in wrong Sub-Forum. Thanks for your effort.

Suentous PO
01-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Here, just a day after your list was posted..http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?83672-SELLING-65-set
Were not saying lists like this will never help anyone, folks are pointing out by and large it's not gonna effect what people do.
If the responce is "well if it helps just one person..." then my advice would be to weigh that against the nagative responces, which is greater?
Take it easy.

Deadsoldiers
01-22-2013, 02:20 AM
Here, just a day after your list was posted..http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?83672-SELLING-65-set
Were not saying lists like this will never help anyone, folks are pointing out by and large it's not gonna effect what people do.
If the responce is "well if it helps just one person..." then my advice would be to weigh that against the nagative responces, which is greater?
Take it easy. If it just helps one or two players we will have like 10-30 wrong posts less. So i think it should be worth it.

Suentous PO
01-22-2013, 10:17 AM
When someone posts in the wrong section, I don't see a backlash of negative responses.
When an unnecessary "guide" is made, there is there is a lot of negative response.
I'll let it go at that, not arguing, I think a point is being missed is all.