PDA

View Full Version : PVP, sugestions for Space Time and class balance

Joćo Penedo
01-20-2013, 11:24 AM
I read some of the other forum topics and read a lot of very good sugestions, also i saw a lot of crying about imbalances just like in every other game.

So about class balance:

Rogues: They are a bit overpowered cause ppl dont have much hp, they are the kings of single target dmg and they go for dextrity, dmg and crit plus aimed shot armor reduction, yes its true, to get the most kills and just have fun 2 shotting squishies and undergeared ppl, theres nothing better or even close to a rogue atm, wich doesnt mean theyre the best, the dmg of rogues would be countered if we had purchasable pvp gear that focused in hp and armor with some dmg instead of having sorcerors with 1 trilion dmg and 1.5k hp.

Warriors: well, warriors go for strenght anyways so, you will always take some time killing a warrior unless you outgear him a lot, warriors also have a gap closer and despite doing low dmg they can survive and stand against both mages and rogues by running and waiting for cooldowns or just running to a team menber while you have the flag. They are the king flag carriers, basically a tank in pvp.

Sorcerors: i also play a sorceror, it is still lvl 20 and i got like 1.2k hp, i joined a pvp match and the enemy team had 3 lvl 21 rogues and a lvl 21 warrior. Yep, that was bad. The rogues had decent gear and 2 shoted me, the warrior had insane amounts of hp. With frost bolt fireball arcane shield gale force i managed to survive in some 1v1 duels, stunning and running, sorceror as a lot of potencial, but atm unless you get all items prioritising strenght and armor over intelligence you will be a very good flag carry defender but you wont win a lot of 1v1 expecially against rogues unless you outgear them.

Suggestions:

1: I though on this, and i read on another topic of this forum, plz make pvp gear for tokens. Give a token for a win, and possibly like 1 token for 5 flags, 1 token 20-30 kills. Including pvp gear with more armor and hp and a cool look would make balancing classes a lot better, rogues would stop 2 shotting sorcerors and everyone would have a reason to do pvp, or at least to have a light at the end of the tunnel that with pvp gear he will improve and not stay all is life being 2 shotted.

2: This one is a no brainer, i really dont know how this isnt fixed yet. Make a Hp enemy bar. How are you supposed to know if your doing decently or how are u supposed to manage cooldowns with mana on a fight if you cant see the enemy hp... I love your iniciative to implement pvp in AL and its very good, but plz, launch an update or smthing to fix this issue fast, it shouldnt be that hard.

3: Read a lot of new maps, new modes, defending base, capturing bases, getting an objective for pvp, wont speak a lot about it cause space time managment must know theyre gonna need to think about designing a new pvp scenario eventually and theres a lot of imput about it already.

4: Again, a lot of topics about this, i dont know how hard it will be to do for a portable app, but it would be awsome, i mean awsome, if you could do guild only pvp and better yet, 1v1 duels. You dont have too award a token or a win or anything, just make 1v1 possible, it will make ppl learn to use skills better and the scenario, make just a leaderboard or smthing and incorporate 1v1 skirmishes, or skirmishies for guild members in guild hall.

Most of these suggestions, are easily fixable or upgradable, Space Time, your getting good input and suggestions on this forum, would be lovely to see some of this easy fixes implemented. It would definitly make the mentality of a new player improve, all i ear in my chats is "i tried pvp i died 7 times, i still havent saw half of the scenario", "rogues are op" "i wont play it anymore". Well, this is not in your best interest.

nicoB
01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
I agree with you and I'm not saying your a bad player in anyway. I believe things ar the way they to stress teamwork and make people work together. that is the point of difderent classes. as long a mage throws up a shield a rogue and warrior is going to lose. I'll go as far as saying that mages are the best class from wat ive seen and know about there skills. No one seems to mention that mages do the most damage with one exception with the rogues aimed shot that only does 100dmg when the shield is up. 1 on 1 is needed so that mages can learn how to use skills properly. as a rogue i get the most kills sometimes. most of the rime i cant get close to mages but i dont complain about it. wen pvp first started i was squiching mages beneath my feet, now its hardee because a lot of people have learned. i belive rogues are supposes to be a little over powered because wen it come down to it the have tereible defensive capabilities compared to warriors and mages and the worst heals. So for the most part i agree with you

Xman
01-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Agree with you Penedo.
However I still think there is a reason for Dev team didn't make the enemy bar. And I think it's better, I don't want this PvP become a war of steal kills or all chasing the one with lowest HP. So it's better to to keep it this way.
@NicoB: mage is the best class, haha, you sure don't want to fix your favourite target in PvP right? good effort.

nicoB
01-22-2013, 08:20 AM
@NicoB: mage is the best class, haha, you sure don't want to fix your favourite target in PvP right? good effort.

haha mages own. more and more people that are mages are starting to say that being a mage isnt that bad. ive seen mages with better kill streaks than me. especially when they work together.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 10:36 AM
I read some of the other forum topics and read a lot of very good sugestions, also i saw a lot of crying about imbalances just like in every other game.

So about class balance:

Rogues: They are a bit overpowered cause ppl dont have much hp, they are the kings of single target dmg and they go for dextrity, dmg and crit plus aimed shot armor reduction, yes its true, to get the most kills and just have fun 2 shotting squishies and undergeared ppl, theres nothing better or even close to a rogue atm, wich doesnt mean theyre the best, the dmg of rogues would be countered if we had purchasable pvp gear that focused in hp and armor with some dmg instead of having sorcerors with 1 trilion dmg and 1.5k hp.

yet rouges unless they are real skilled have no chance if they are double or triple teamed. Each class has a weakness. You say rogues are single target killers, so when your the only target, I think your supposed to die.

Warriors: well, warriors go for strenght anyways so, you will always take some time killing a warrior unless you outgear him a lot, warriors also have a gap closer and despite doing low dmg they can survive and stand against both mages and rogues by running and waiting for cooldowns or just running to a team menber while you have the flag. They are the king flag carriers, basically a tank in pvp.

Warriors are a pain, they have alot of life and if played right have a ton of stuns and heals. And every class can run a flag. Warrior->rouge->sorcerer is the order in how well they run flags.

Sorcerors: i also play a sorceror, it is still lvl 20 and i got like 1.2k hp, i joined a pvp match and the enemy team had 3 lvl 21 rogues and a lvl 21 warrior. Yep, that was bad. The rogues had decent gear and 2 shoted me, the warrior had insane amounts of hp. With frost bolt fireball arcane shield gale force i managed to survive in some 1v1 duels, stunning and running, sorceror as a lot of potencial, but atm unless you get all items prioritising strenght and armor over intelligence you will be a very good flag carry defender but you wont win a lot of 1v1 expecially against rogues unless you outgear them.

Your not using your skills right. They are certain combinations that basically immobilize targets until they are dead.

Suggestions:

1: I though on this, and i read on another topic of this forum, plz make pvp gear for tokens. Give a token for a win, and possibly like 1 token for 5 flags, 1 token 20-30 kills. Including pvp gear with more armor and hp and a cool look would make balancing classes a lot better, rogues would stop 2 shotting sorcerors and everyone would have a reason to do pvp, or at least to have a light at the end of the tunnel that with pvp gear he will improve and not stay all is life being 2 shotted.

Yes this is a great idea but it should be for winning the match by getting the 5 flags. 2 per each winner. 1 for each loser. This way losing teams won't run off.

2: This one is a no brainer, i really dont know how this isnt fixed yet. Make a Hp enemy bar. How are you supposed to know if your doing decently or how are u supposed to manage cooldowns with mana on a fight if you cant see the enemy hp... I love your iniciative to implement pvp in AL and its very good, but plz, launch an update or smthing to fix this issue fast, it shouldnt be that hard.

No, hp of the enemy is not known for a reason. There is thought to guessing if you should go ll out or run.

3: Read a lot of new maps, new modes, defending base, capturing bases, getting an objective for pvp, wont speak a lot about it cause space time managment must know theyre gonna need to think about designing a new pvp scenario eventually and theres a lot of imput about it already.

yep

4: Again, a lot of topics about this, i dont know how hard it will be to do for a portable app, but it would be awsome, i mean awsome, if you could do guild only pvp and better yet, 1v1 duels. You dont have too award a token or a win or anything, just make 1v1 possible, it will make ppl learn to use skills better and the scenario, make just a leaderboard or smthing and incorporate 1v1 skirmishes, or skirmishies for guild members in guild hall.

Most of these suggestions, are easily fixable or upgradable, Space Time, your getting good input and suggestions on this forum, would be lovely to see some of this easy fixes implemented. It would definitly make the mentality of a new player improve, all i ear in my chats is "i tried pvp i died 7 times, i still havent saw half of the scenario", "rogues are op" "i wont play it anymore". Well, this is not in your best interest.

my answers above in bold.

GoodSyntax
01-22-2013, 12:03 PM
I like the token concept. Like Hauntlet or Story Tokens to buy pets and/or really cheesy gear.

Perhaps PvP tokens for PvP oriented gear that can be sold/traded would be nice.

I hate the fact that I am not making any money, nor getting any XP when PvPing - at least the token system would alleviate some of that.

KR1T1K4L
01-26-2013, 05:15 AM
This dude really doesn't know what he's talking about, just disregard what he says completely.

"yet rouges unless they are real skilled have no chance if they are double or triple teamed. Each class has a weakness. You say rogues are single target killers, so when your the only target, I think your supposed to die."

This is a way of saying "Yeah rogues are OP 1v1, but if you have your whole team against a rogue, they may not win.. unless they're REALLY skilled.."

"Warriors are a pain, they have alot of life and if played right have a ton of stuns and heals. And every class can run a flag. Warrior->rouge->sorcerer is the order in how well they run flags."

I'd like to have a list of these guaranteed stuns. The facts are: Warrior has 2 skills with a 25% chance to stun, and 1 skill with a 20% chance to disorient. I mean c'mon dude.

"Yes this is a great idea but it should be for winning the match by getting the 5 flags. 2 per each winner. 1 for each loser. This way losing teams won't run off."

This idea is stupid, if you reward people for losing, then people will bot. I have a mouse clicker for my desktop computer, and you better bet if they reward losing I'll afk overnight and while I'm at work and be dead weight for my team (not really just providing an example.) There will soon be "timeouts" from PvP for continued quitting I promise.

"No, hp of the enemy is not known for a reason. There is thought to guessing if you should go ll out or run."

Not knowing whether or not you're in a pointless fight in an objective game is the point here. Jeez guy. If 2 warriors are fighting who both have 3 heals spec'd (just an example) then the fight will never end, but who's to know that unless you can see the other person's HP.

Please guy.. when someone gives constructive feedback on a game, it's because they've played several mmorpg's and they're trying to improve a game they really like and probably are in favor of spending money on if they see changes made. Don't ruin their experiences with criticism bro. ^^

And btw.. 1v1 would be much better implemented in the game as duels within the game world rather than a standalone PvP arena. Of course with an option to auto-decline duels for those who would identify themselves as conscientious objectors ;)

hotpimp
01-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Rewards for pvp is a very bad idea, the trash of pvp would use this to their advantage and farm kills with their trash buddies and basically farm kills for the rewards.

uzidredar
01-28-2013, 02:36 PM
I agree with you and I'm not saying your a bad player in anyway. I believe things ar the way they to stress teamwork and make people work together. that is the point of difderent classes. as long a mage throws up a shield a rogue and warrior is going to lose. I'll go as far as saying that mages are the best class from wat ive seen and know about there skills. No one seems to mention that mages do the most damage with one exception with the rogues aimed shot that only does 100dmg when the shield is up. 1 on 1 is needed so that mages can learn how to use skills properly. as a rogue i get the most kills sometimes. most of the rime i cant get close to mages but i dont complain about it. wen pvp first started i was squiching mages beneath my feet, now its hardee because a lot of people have learned. i belive rogues are supposes to be a little over powered because wen it come down to it the have tereible defensive capabilities compared to warriors and mages and the worst heals. So for the most part i agree with you will you please stop your "rogues aren't OP nerf Sorcerers!" speech in every thread? It is misleading.