PDA

View Full Version : Crafting

Dioggo
09-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Hello.

I've been playing for the last months.
I'am a big fan of Ultima Online.
Is there any plan for PL to able the players to craft stuff in the future?

It would be really a great project and give the game a long life formula to keep interest of the players apart the dungeons.

Thank you.

Royce
09-23-2010, 10:09 AM
The devs have never stated that they plan to implement crafting, but there are many threads on the subject in the suggestions and feedback forum, so they must know players are interested in it ;)

Dioggo
09-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Hello, tks!
Sorry for opening a new topic if the matter is in other ones!
I will look around, thank you.

Speetz13
09-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Ultima is amazing, and this games economy is very uniquie in that ALL gold is from drops. Hell i get more raw gold off monsters than i do from sellin stuff, when strictly questing/grinding. A craft system might be a little odd to implement without messin with the economy, mkaing gold worthless, drops worthless, crafting itself worthless, w/e, but who wouldn't like the idea?

More !@#$ to do!!!

PS I was on LS on UO, was thnkin about going back you still play PM me!

Dax
09-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Ultima is amazing, and this games economy is very uniquie in that ALL gold is from drops. Hell i get more raw gold off monsters than i do from sellin stuff, when strictly questing/grinding. A craft system might be a little odd to implement without messin with the economy, mkaing gold worthless, drops worthless, crafting itself worthless, w/e, but who wouldn't like the idea?

More !@#$ to do!!!

PS I was on LS on UO, was thnkin about going back you still play PM me!

I don't think crafting items would negatively affect the economy as long as the crafted items were not overpowered versus an item that can be found in a boss loot scenario I would however like to see ultra rare drops with a +to skills prefix unless they plan on raising the skill level cap I've noticed some of my buffs wear off almost ad fast as I can cast them a party buff would (meaning I use iron blood ect. In a party) could go to All party members for the allotted time of the buff unless that can be done and I just don't know about it being a relatively new player

Speetz13
09-26-2010, 01:25 AM
Yeah I wasn't impying craftying would be bad, jsut have to be implemented very wisely. And the + to skills I'm not sure about that, the reason those buffs dissapear so fast is because of how powerful they are. Maybe no more than +1 to any skill, any higher would make everything you fight nerftastic. Look at the Avian Archer DEX skills, like armor break or focus, hitting crits 80-90 percento f the time every 10 seconds for 10 seconds along with no armor? It's already strong enough i think.

Xviperr
09-26-2010, 08:37 AM
well, perhaps there could be a trade up NPC. eg 30orange to 1green, 20green to 1purps, 10purps to 1pink
and ideas like that. but the number alittle BIG.. hahas
and that all item traded has to be in the same level requirement.
eg: L30 x10 purps = L30 x1 pink
some thing like that would be interesting.
oh and the output could be RANDOM..
so if the purps input could be mixtures of str int dex and the output is random too

Raxie
09-26-2010, 03:16 PM
oranges, greens and purples shouldn't be included. it's just so easy to get those coloured items; it's even pretty easy to get pinks.

Speetz13
09-26-2010, 04:23 PM
And the level would have to go down, I'm sure. At least 5 levels. Unless maybe you traded in an uber amount you know? Aand yeah idk if they should all b included. Interesting idea though!!

Dax
09-27-2010, 06:39 AM
They could always implement really insane recipies that require 50 or so fairly rare pinks for
A slight chance to craft a slightly better item with a little more m/s,h/s, critical or sth and still
Have it to where the crafting potentially makes a less effective
Item therefore making the top end crafts worth their while to attempt to
Acquire and adding more rarity to the really
Good crafts