PDA

View Full Version : Scotchtape PvP

Cero
01-20-2013, 04:35 PM
(im not good constructing english so i apologize)

+++Recomended for 1vs1+++

PvP skills

Skyward - 2nd & 3rd upgrade
Chest splitter - 1,2nd & 3rd
Vengefull - Max
Horn - 2nd & 4th upgrade
+5 Might passive

PvP items

Mighty jugger helm
Demonlord plate of grace(use will if possible)
mighty vorpal of assualt(any item that gives 100%crit proc)
Str int dmg ring & Pendant

VS Rogues/mages

Charge Horn - SKy - Charge Vengefull - Chest - normal attak - Sky .... repeat

+++
(this particular skill-throws doesnt realy needed to be follow perfectly. With more pvp experience you can decide/make your own moves for killing and survival)
+++

i use the same on both class. Most runs around or keep distance which makes chest splitter a lil ineffective.
so use skyward to narrow the gap. I awlays had a hard time with rogues/mages that runs in circle, kinda hard to make Chest splitter. there are lots of decent rogues out there that can 2-5hits me. .......

notes :

- Always ChARGE Vengefull and Horn
- be generous to heal your teamates
- always make sure enemy is in front (180degrees) of you so CHEST splitter wont miss.
- no need to charge Sky and chest, just spam them
- skyward's stun works even without charging +++
- aim atleast 400mana, it is fairly enough to spam all skills and Vengefull to cooldown. +++
- mages/rogues whos showing their backs are easy kills than a rogue/mages who fights and run around in circle +++
- lastly KILL 'em ALL

(updates are the ones with "+++")

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/83ffa280960cf6fadb7ef7be8eba3fd9.jpg

csyui
01-20-2013, 07:48 PM
nice k/d ratio, you are well-played.
I use windmill instead of chest, coz it hard to control the direction of cs when jumping into a group of enemies.

Cero
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
nice k/d ratio, you are well-played.
I use windmill instead of chest, coz it hard to control the direction of cs when jumping into a group of enemies.

yea that is the problem with CS. the area isnt as wide as sky or windmill. but the skill disorientation/cancelation helps alot

Destructible
01-21-2013, 02:01 AM
I was wondering why not charged Sky? It has a stun. O.o

Cero
01-21-2013, 02:03 AM
idk.why but the stun still effects without charging by chance. base on my experience.

and i havent tried a spec without the 3rd upgrade.

crestmage
01-21-2013, 02:08 AM
idk.why but the stun still effects without charging. base on my experience.

and i havent tried a spec without the 3rd upgrade.
u sure? I've read the description and i'm pretty sure it says 'charged'?

Cero
01-21-2013, 02:47 AM
ive seen it stun without charging thats how i use it. like the taunt of HoRenew, the discrition says needs to be charge but it taunts enemy without charging.
guess ill pay.more attention. ill confirm it when i have a chance.

edit,

yea, i confirm it, the skyward stuns without charging.

gison
01-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Nice build bud. Sadly, AL bores me.

Cero
01-22-2013, 04:12 AM
pffff
try it now. there are many people to pvp

Ladycandyheal
01-22-2013, 04:44 AM
Nice build bud. Sadly, AL bores me.

I'm curious as to why you choose to read the AL forum and continue to post in the AL forums?

wvhills
01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
dude please take this down! It's bad enough that ur an OP warrior and kill me easily we don't need you telling others how to do it! Haha.

Uzii
01-22-2013, 01:46 PM
when i first saw this i thought omg we r screwed xD but thers a lot of warriors out there still complaining abt 1-2 shoted by rouges so they realy need a bit help :)

but from now on i approach warriors with more carefulness as i did now or i run away completly opposite direction and dont try to fight at all lol

Destructible
01-23-2013, 07:01 AM
It's because of players like you that make PvP un-fun for newbies. Jk~ :p Seriously nice going though :D

gison
01-23-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm curious as to why you choose to read the AL forum and continue to post in the AL forums?

I never said I wasn't into forums, just cus' someone doesn't like a game doesn't mean they can't post on it's forums :stupid:

And is it really that bad for me to visit Al forums and congratulate my friend on this guide?

Rasittt
01-24-2013, 10:37 AM
what's your gear?

Cero
01-25-2013, 02:27 AM
what's your gear?

me?
i wrote it above:)

birdmasta
01-25-2013, 04:22 AM
isnt windmill better than chest splitter???

Cero
01-25-2013, 07:53 AM
isnt windmill better than chest splitter???

in some point, yes.

windmill

+ greater aoe than cs
+ good for mawing crowds
+ hits 3 enemy in range.area which is 10(-6without upgrade)
+snare
+skill dmg ratio 1:3 against CS
+ 3hits 1cast.
+ easy to use.

- longer cd than CS
- lock other skills when cast for 2-3secs?

Chest splitter
+short cd. makes it a spamming skill. 3:1 skill cast ratio against windmill.
+better dmg than windmill??
+chance for disorientation & and knowckbacks

- hard to control. it only hits those who are in front (180degrees) of you.
-

overall, if you want an crowd skill, windmill is way better. espicialy coz many rogues/mages tries to run around your toon or hide behind the crowd.

i would say CS is good for 1vs1 and windmill for riot.

Cero
01-26-2013, 07:12 PM
update:

i drop CS for windmill, its way better for aoe dmg+range than CS:) when playing CTF.
i think this one is good for 1vs1

wolfkult
01-27-2013, 09:33 AM
update:

i drop CS for windmill, its way better for aoe dmg+range than CS:) when playing CTF.
i think this one is good for 1vs1

Any time I fight a warrior with CS I run around like crazy and likely screw up the 180 degree req, windmill much is better.

I wish AL had better logging of damage. Other games I've played would log all dmg and you'd see "target not in view" type messages after CS to see if it wasn't hitting or not. I guess since this is a simpler MMO than others (wow, guild wars, daoc, etc) that I've played it's too much to ask.

Wizard_Mike
01-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Any time I fight a warrior with CS I run around like crazy and likely screw up the 180 degree req, windmill much is better.

I wish AL had better logging of damage. Other games I've played would log all dmg and you'd see "target not in view" type messages after CS to see if it wasn't hitting or not. I guess since this is a simpler MMO than others (wow, guild wars, daoc, etc) that I've played it's too much to ask.

Well, in those other MMOs you can't even activate an ability (if it's a direct target ability) if you don't have a target. In AL you can activate any ability regardless if there is a target present or not. So two completely different types of combat systems.

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just pointing out apples vs. oranges.

Cero
01-27-2013, 05:00 PM

it is the downside oh using CS but the problem can does have a solution:)

Heiki
01-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I can't seem to do enough damage to rogues and mages to kill them before they dps me down. I get 2 shotted by aimed shot or just stunned/interrupted indefenitely by mages so I can't charge anything that heals. I use your rotation and jugger plate + berserker helm, weapon is watchman sword, everything lvl 20 (im not 21 yet).

Does the lvl difference do a lot or I just suck at wars ? All my other toons have positive K/D ratios, my mage being the better one, all are 20 so I don't really understand the rage about wars are OP and mages UP

Cero
01-27-2013, 11:19 PM
I can't seem to do enough damage to rogues and mages to kill them before they dps me down. I get 2 shotted by aimed shot or just stunned/interrupted indefenitely by mages so I can't charge anything that heals. I use your rotation and jugger plate + berserker helm, weapon is watchman sword, everything lvl 20 (im not 21 yet).

Does the lvl difference do a lot or I just suck at wars ? All my other toons have positive K/D ratios, my mage being the better one, all are 20 so I don't really understand the rage about wars are OP and mages UP

21 gears are above or sligthly better than 20s. i use jugger helm of will and demonlord plate of grace. i would suggest getting jugger helm of will than using berserker helm. making it a full set jugger. if im not mistaken demon of grace is the same as mighty jugger of savy which is the best jugger armor.

charging horn would realy help. so keep trying im pretty sure theres a gap in their attacks that would let you charge skills:)

fatcharlie
01-28-2013, 01:52 AM
Liked your guide man, would like to respec to fit your build. Im currently lvl 20 though using Mighty Trollbane of Potency. I wish I can win the Free Weekly Plat Raffle to respec.

Heiki
01-28-2013, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the reply Cero. I don't know if it's a gear issue really...I took berserker helm because it's way cheaper and gives me some dodge. Do you think because i'm lvl 20 i somehow get penalized in terms of damage done or chance to hit?
I'm really curious as to how you play to get such a nice K/D ratio. I usually don't hit hard enough to get kills in groups, rogues get it.
And I don't understand what I'm supposed to do vs rogues which for some reason put me in the red after 2 seconds of combat, either they have lifethief and hit like a truck or they use a bow and I'm stunned 100% of the time...

Cero
01-28-2013, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the reply Cero. I don't know if it's a gear issue really...I took berserker helm because it's way cheaper and gives me some dodge. Do you think because i'm lvl 20 i somehow get penalized in terms of damage done or chance to hit?
I'm really curious as to how you play to get such a nice K/D ratio. I usually don't hit hard enough to get kills in groups, rogues get it.
And I don't understand what I'm supposed to do vs rogues which for some reason put me in the red after 2 seconds of combat, either they have lifethief and hit like a truck or they use a bow and I'm stunned 100% of the time...

i got that k/d from the 1st 3days when pvp came out. to be honest i was pawning people who are still learning their skills and gameplay.

about the items. compare your stats to mine or from demonlord of will set and see the difference. dodge givin by your set is nothing, its too low:/

rogues are realy definitely can kill you 1-3hits. they have such high crits and fast CD even i dies from them. but take note rogues dont have the mana to be unstopable(unless theres a mage who will gave them mana from their skill).

when you know a rogue that can 1-2hits you and he is coming. i would hide on the corner, let him come near and get ready my skills and jump on him with skyward then pray for stuns:)
its a cheap thing that any would make other class laugh at you but who cares. a win is a win, people hates to be out smarted

basicaly keeping your range and his, so that when he attacks you can counter.

heres what i do.

Charge Vengefull + sky + Chest + charge horn + chest + sky (repeat until vengefull/horn cools down)

- hope that when you cast skyward it makes a stun.
-hope for Chest's skill disorientation.
- tap attack botton inbetween sky and chest.
- and lastly dont panic:)

Heiki
01-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Yeah you're absolutely right, I've adapted my playstyle to be a bit more of a cheap killer and it works better.

Basically I have to play my war very defensively while I play my mage very aggressively with a lot of stuns etc. It's a bit the world on its head but oh well. Could get some kill streaks but i'd have to lvl to 21 and gear up a bit to really get a feel for it.

I'm really pissed about the protective shield thingy though, could have saved me a lot. Maybe I'll move this point around.

I tried Windmill when you said you changed CS for it but don't like it, i'll stay with CS because I dont like being stuck in a spin when me or my teammates need healing.

wolfkult
01-28-2013, 02:16 PM
I do something similar with high DPS rogues, I hope for a stun and kite them around a corner to get out of LoS. Hope they use up all their mana trying to get to me while HoR is ticking my hp back up.

I feel like rogues are getting easier to beat and Mages harder. Not sure if there have been dps tweaks going on unannounced or people are just a learning curve -- rogue might just been the be easiest class to play effectively. I still have <1 kdr because I played a lot at 19 and 20 and find it fun to charge a group of 3 to see if I can take someone down before dying (usually can't :) ). Those with high KDR usually skirt the sides near spawn points and never carry the flag. The center and having the flag are risky.

I think the whole kill/death thing is a little stupid in this game (both for pvp and pve). PvP stats should have "deathblows", "kills" and "solo kills". Currently we just have deathblows which makes warriors suck. PvP stats should NOT have deaths because it just encourages people not to fight or to only fight when they have odds (2v1, 3v1, etc). The whole problem of most matches degenerating and ending because one team all leaves is because once one team has more people (and those people start rolling together as a group) there is no incentive to play (odds are slim you get a kill and odds are high you die a bunch).

Cero
01-28-2013, 05:12 PM
I do something similar with high DPS rogues, I hope for a stun and kite them around a corner to get out of LoS. Hope they use up all their mana trying to get to me while HoR is ticking my hp back up.

I feel like rogues are getting easier to beat and Mages harder. Not sure if there have been dps tweaks going on unannounced or people are just a learning curve -- rogue might just been the be easiest class to play effectively. I still have <1 kdr because I played a lot at 19 and 20 and find it fun to charge a group of 3 to see if I can take someone down before dying (usually can't :) ). Those with high KDR usually skirt the sides near spawn points and never carry the flag. The center and having the flag are risky.

I think the whole kill/death thing is a little stupid in this game (both for pvp and pve). PvP stats should have "deathblows", "kills" and "solo kills". Currently we just have deathblows which makes warriors suck. PvP stats should NOT have deaths because it just encourages people not to fight or to only fight when they have odds (2v1, 3v1, etc). The whole problem of most matches degenerating and ending because one team all leaves is because once one team has more people (and those people start rolling together as a group) there is no incentive to play (odds are slim you get a kill and odds are high you die a bunch).

yup, rogues are easy to be killed and can easily kill you.
mages are challenging espicialy a good kiter. who will just stun you and run or keep you stun the whole time.
haha i do that sometimes, rushing in and not waiting for teamates. and yes, having a decent k/d gives me fear sometimes. it made me weak. unlike some that those who are not satisifed with k/d doesnt care about deaths, thats a warrior:)

Heiki
01-28-2013, 08:32 PM
I agree, K/D ratio does not encourage team play for tanks because it's not "rewarded".

The best system I've played in, although not perfect, was Warhammer Online where you got contribution points to Keep assault/defense (and pvp as well) depending on total damage done, total heal done, total damage soaked in and finally kills.

I feel like it gives every role a chance to shine. Even if you're specced support you can still feel good when you've healed most of your team's damage taken or soaked the brunt of the damage during a game. Actually encourages different playstyles.

Anegriv
01-30-2013, 06:13 PM
PvP for me=
1. Have someone else on the team get a 5 kill streak
2. Get teamed and die
3. Rinse and repeat

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 06:57 AM
not a bad guide but you're kdr is boosted in a sense

I see way too much team stacking from you

don't take me seriously scotch b/c I heart you xD

Cero
02-03-2013, 07:04 AM
not a bad guide but you're kdr is boosted in a sense

I see way too much team stacking from you

don't take me seriously scotch b/c I heart you xD

yep, i admitted the boostin kills on this page:) right above. i teamed up with my guild for better ctf teamplay, killing those who are just starting to understand their class/toon when the pvp was just released.

this stats are from the 1st 3days from pvp released if i recall correctly.

peace:)

Szangheili
02-03-2013, 02:24 PM
I like the guide but I can't seem to get a shield less weapon and drop my Armor for a bit of DPS. So I'll stay with my shield and sword and probably try out your build.

Destructible
02-04-2013, 01:40 AM
I like the guide but I can't seem to get a shield less weapon and drop my Armor for a bit of DPS. So I'll stay with my shield and sword and probably try out your build.

Two-handed weapons don't just give DPS - they give damage, which for warriors is much more important.