PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about selling pinks when no others for sale

Avelynia
01-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Quick question, your help is much appreciated.

What do you all do when trying to sell a pink that has no others up for sale to base price off of? This happens more often than not with the pinks I get, and I just keep hoarding them because I have no clue what to ask for! One of them, the Lingering Death of Brutality (lvl 15) I've been lugging around for days continuously checking to see if others go up but with no success. I don't even know where to begin in terms of making up an amount.

Any tips? Thanks!

Jcyee
01-20-2013, 07:18 PM
List for gold cap

jk don't. Just look for any other items that have similar stats at that level and look at those listing prices. Then probably list the item you have for a little more. That's usually what I would do.

Avelynia
01-20-2013, 07:28 PM
List for gold cap

jk don't. Just look for any other items that have similar stats at that level and look at those listing prices. Then probably list the item you have for a little more. That's usually what I would do.

Great advice - thanks!!

Shadamehr
01-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Great advice - thanks!!

You should also check for the item for other lvls. There might not be any 15 buy could have 16s for instance. Normally lower priced than higher lvls and higher than the lower. If not then yea just base it off of similar stated items.

Avelynia
01-20-2013, 11:35 PM
I feel like a complete idiot - I had the 'Usable Only' box checked! So I wasn't seeing any of the listings for other classes. *facepalm*

LwMark
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
I feel like a complete idiot - I had the 'Usable Only' box checked! So I wasn't seeing any of the listings for other classes. *facepalm*

I remember not even k.owi.g what cs was when i started playin PL long ago

Traebeles99
01-21-2013, 12:03 AM

LwMark not knowing what cs is? :O :O :O omg that is insane lol.

TheStoic
01-21-2013, 01:51 AM

Same here, i even asked my guildies, what is CTF?? Lol

LwMark
01-21-2013, 01:53 AM

Same here, i even asked my guildies, what is CTF?? Lol
Hahahah :)
I havent even tried ctf out in AL yet lol
Im still l19!!!!
Reminds i got to rush to 21!!!!!!

Destructible
01-21-2013, 01:57 AM

Just to slightly correct you, checking and comparing prices for gear among other classes may not be the best thing to do. Different
classes have different stat agendas. (ex: Warriors would like for gear that gives armor, Rogues want DPS and so on) Due to that,
prices may vary among different classes' gear. Not to mention that this is an extremely difficult thing to do. :)

Avelynia
01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Just to slightly correct you, checking and comparing prices for gear among other classes may not be the best thing to do. Different
classes have different stat agendas. (ex: Warriors would like for gear that gives armor, Rogues want DPS and so on) Due to that,
prices may vary among different classes' gear. Not to mention that this is an extremely difficult thing to do. :)

Huh? I think you may have misunderstood - the items that I was trying to list but was unable to find others of in CS were not for my characters class and therefore were not showing up because I had the 'Usable Only' box check. Once I unchecked the box, this problem was solved. So I just listed based off the prices of the others in CS (the exact same item).

I also wasn't the one to suggest looking at comparable items, I just asked the initial question (prior to my discovery of the 'Usable Only' box - d'oh!).

Thanks for the tips though! Good looking out :D

ETA: Typo correction :)