PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Perma stun?

lordJastafarr
01-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Like seriously? Wat is up with this perma stun freakin rogue stunned me constantly ....... I couldnt even move at all.no skills no nothin all i could do is run away.

Jcyee
01-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Stuns don't allow you to move or use skills

lordJastafarr
01-20-2013, 09:30 PM
When did rogue have this ability.... I have a 20 rogue and i nvr stunned anyone -.-

Crabmeat
01-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Charged normal attack stuns. I normally use it to counter shadow pierce by enemy rogue or a warrior.

Duflie
01-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Anyone can stun with any weapon. Do what crab said, doesn't work 100% of the time but it's effective.

lordJastafarr
01-20-2013, 11:27 PM
I guess i got gibbed cuz this rogue totally kept me inplace while destroying me with Aimed shot lol.

Traebeles99
01-21-2013, 12:14 AM
No wat stuns ppl for rogues is a regular charged attack... just walk up use it and then hit away and they die lol.

Destructible
01-21-2013, 02:39 AM
Have you tried a charged Skyward Smash with stun?

Arcana
01-21-2013, 03:49 AM
skyward smash only hv 25% chance to stun and it hv cooldown with costing mana
compare warrior with rogue and mages,warrior has lowest chance to stun on charged attck.I think the easiest one to do that is rogue.Maybe because they have highest dps

Destructible
01-21-2013, 04:47 AM
skyward smash only hv 25% chance to stun and it hv cooldown with costing mana
compare warrior with rogue and mages,warrior has lowest chance to stun on charged attck.I think the easiest one to do that is rogue.Maybe because they have highest dps

Get Vengeful Blood. It gets rid of all mana issues, and gives 500 hp heal and critical damage to boot.

Energizeric
01-21-2013, 04:48 AM
I'm not familiar with rogue skills, but I'm a mage and I think a pretty good one, but the following battle keeps happening for me:

I see rogue coming, I charge fireball and hit the rogue stunning them in the process. I then unload my other attack skills (lightning & frost), and right around the time I do frost, the rogue does something to stun me, and then kills me with this flying slash in which they leap towards me and slash their weapon. I got 1700 health, and prior to this hit I am at 100% health. This keeps happening over and over.

And just a FYI, I don't completely suck at PvP. Currently I have a k/d record of about 140-115. Problem is that most of those 140 are mages, some are warriors, and very few are rogues. On the other hand, about 100 of the 115 deaths are from rogues.

Lastly, is it just me or does it seem like more than half of the players in PvP are rogues? I keep ending up against teams that have 3-4 rogues.

Tropical Dan
01-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Happened something like this to me today and from what I saw the rogue kept stunning me with Aimed shot (not even charged one) which gave me no chance to retaliate. Maybe some perk of the skill gives chance to stun in pvp or something... The strange thing is that this happened to me for the first time, especially when most rogues go 5/5 on Aimed shot which would mean I should see this stun lockdown more often.

Also has anybody noticed that the duration of stuns vary, even for the same skill? For instance, sometimes the stun from fireball lasts only like a half a second, other times it goes up to three seconds.

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Aimed shot doesn't give a stun. NONE of the rouge skills have a stun with it..... Te only way we can stun is charging normal attack. Warriors have a couple stuns and mages..... Idk have alot. So stun wise you should just consider this as fine.

Now for me all the stuns are anti long, if the stun times were lessened then everything would be fixed.

Duflie
01-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Happened something like this to me today and from what I saw the rogue kept stunning me with Aimed shot (not even charged one) which gave me no chance to retaliate. Maybe some perk of the skill gives chance to stun in pvp or something... The strange thing is that this happened to me for the first time, especially when most rogues go 5/5 on Aimed shot which would mean I should see this stun lockdown more often.

Also has anybody noticed that the duration of stuns vary, even for the same skill? For instance, sometimes the stun from fireball lasts only like a half a second, other times it goes up to three seconds.

Yes stun time varies, and it makes pvp fair. Not always 100% success, plus if you do succeed in stunning you either get half a second long or 2-3 second long ones.

Bless
01-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Nvm its my secret. But I hit 100% of my charged normals as a stun

birdmasta
01-21-2013, 07:40 PM
a charged normal is a stun for EVERY class try it in pve... mages got most stun in game, then warrior, rogue none...

Snalin
02-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Do bows stun cuz this rouge was non stop stunning me today from a distance

spiderpig
02-05-2013, 08:51 AM
daggers/bow- charged normal attack= stun.

*its not aimed shot
*its 100% as long as it hits somebody (more difficult with daggers and a moving target)

Not OP since an experienced mage or warrior can stun a rogue until it dies also.

I dont think a rogue can kill a mage with shield or a warrior without this ability.

warbluefish
02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
daggers/bow- charged normal attack= stun.

*its not aimed shot
*its 100% as long as it hits somebody (more difficult with daggers and a moving target)

Not OP since an experienced mage or warrior can stun a rogue until it dies also.

I dont think a rogue can kill a mage with shield or a warrior without this ability.

its easy. far too easy. aimed shot . zip. and piercer. doesnt matter shield on or not.

warbluefish
02-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Aimed shot doesn't give a stun. NONE of the rouge skills have a stun with it..... Te only way we can stun is charging normal attack. Warriors have a couple stuns and mages..... Idk have alot. So stun wise you should just consider this as fine.

Now for me all the stuns are anti long, if the stun times were lessened then everything would be fixed.

Mage only have fireball for stun. plus the normal charged att.

hotpimp
02-11-2013, 06:22 PM
In low level PvP it is OP, we have like 5 dodge. One in twenty shots u dodge. In 4 shots we dead unless we use packs only to get stunned again after we get packs,

Jessicazx
02-11-2013, 06:33 PM
When did rogue have this ability.... I have a 20 rogue and i nvr stunned anyone -.-

I know your feeling...

birdmasta
02-12-2013, 01:42 AM
o ik the problem now. if u read verzys guide, the last comment is about the update. it was prob the hellshock shivs doing the annoying stun on yall

D-:
02-12-2013, 02:27 AM
Thanks babe <3

Heiki
02-12-2013, 02:29 AM
No it's not, bows stun a 100% of the time. I don't really mind it on daggers as you're in melee range but from range ? Come on, you know it is OP, you can just unload everything you got and even if you're out of mana you can still pretty much perma stun or interrupt every enemy cast. Try it in group fight it's hilarious. No need to use skills, just stun the enemies and let your teammates DPS them down while they just sit there.

birdmasta
02-12-2013, 02:33 AM
he didnt specify bow or daggers ... rogue mightve stunned in beginning, perma slow with the old glitch, then stun again, and again and again... or it could be like u said but bow stun isnt that long

No it's not, bows stun a 100% of the time. I don't really mind it on daggers as you're in melee range but from range ? Come on, you know it is OP, you can just unload everything you got and even if you're out of mana you can still pretty much perma stun or interrupt every enemy cast. Try it in group fight it's hilarious. No need to use skills, just stun the enemies and let your teammates DPS them down while they just sit there.

Heiki
02-12-2013, 02:35 AM
No it isn't but it interrupts your charge-ups. Meaning you have very little chance of actually playing your toon in a meaningfull way.

birdmasta
02-12-2013, 02:38 AM
true but he said PERMA stun...

No it isn't but it interrupts your charge-ups. Meaning you have very little chance of actually playing your toon in a meaningfull way.

Fluffysox
02-12-2013, 03:10 AM
It pretty much is a perma stun for the cost of, free. You don't need a lot of skill to time a charged normal bow shot after another. For some reason the charged melee for rogue seems easier, it's like it hits the area around the toon. But for war and Mage, it's directly in front (with the exception of Mage as the staff attack animation commonly is incorrect). The solution is to take away all stuns from normal attacks for all classes in pvp. Simple. The only thing you can do in current situations is desperately tap all your spells and hope one of them gets through in the small time the arrow flies at you. Infect it's easier for daggers because it's instant...

birdmasta
02-12-2013, 03:14 AM
no stun for rogue? ok then... they are now the weakest class in game. as long as mage has shield and fire stun with ice and light we win... cuz we kite

It pretty much is a perma stun for the cost of, free. You don't need a lot of skill to time a charged normal bow shot after another. For some reason the charged melee for rogue seems easier, it's like it hits the area around the toon. But for war and Mage, it's directly in front (with the exception of Mage as the staff attack animation commonly is incorrect). The solution is to take away all stuns from normal attacks for all classes in pvp. Simple. The only thing you can do in current situations is desperately tap all your spells and hope one of them gets through in the small time the arrow flies at you. Infect it's easier for daggers because it's instant...

Infrico
02-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Like seriously? Wat is up with this perma stun freakin rogue stunned me constantly ....... I couldnt even move at all.no skills no nothin all i could do is run away.

Seems like Abshow PvP'd you. Lmao.

D-:
02-12-2013, 10:45 AM

LOL

Bebsi
02-12-2013, 06:40 PM

Agshow and Abshow.
Permastun and Medipacks, most annoying but well maybe warrior and mage class has some awesome stuff too.
just havent figured it out yet... xD

Vystirch
02-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Well I must say we would have no chance against you guys if we didn't use stun...... So we use it.

Jackyll
02-14-2013, 12:27 AM
I want to keep this thread going the conversation is very constructive.

Me personally I suggest that they remove all stun features from PVP and raise or lower stats accordingly between all classes to even the playing field.

As a lvl 21 warrior, nothing is more frustrating than fighting (either in a group or more of a 1 vs 1 scenario) and being stunned in place. You can't move, can't retaliate just hope that something happens and you can get off HoR or something. In my personal opinion stun locking a character requires a lot of skill but also it is an unfair advantage for any class to be able to do. Now the argument I see is that if a sorcerer or rogue can not stun lock then they will be killed instantly by a warrior. That also is unfair, no class should have to rely on stun locking to survive a fight. Again going back to my suggestion of removing stun abilities and making more of a level playing field concerning dps, hp, armor all that.

I know some people may be upset by my opinion or not agree but please do not cause this thread to be locked by flaming of any kind. keep the conversation civil, intelligent and fact based.

I would like a dev to join the conversation and give us a an algorithm or the math behind the stun lock. (% of stun chance per class/skill/stacking skills stuff like that

Swede
02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
With today's patch, anytime you get stunned, you should become immune for 7.5 seconds. We'll keep looking at this though to evaluate if this immunity needs to be longer or shorter and we're always interested in your feedback.