PDA

View Full Version : Mythic items

Rollo
01-20-2013, 09:42 PM
I noticed this option in the auction house and found an achievement for it as well. What are these, where do you get them?

TheStoic
01-20-2013, 09:49 PM
You cant find anything on CS under the "mythic" category as well as the "vanity". Currently, vanities are not tradeable, so you wont find anybody posting to sell at CS and so is mythic i guess.

The only mythic item, i think i know is the banner and the pet shark.

xcainnblecterx
01-21-2013, 04:15 AM
Mythic items are the new ones coming with next cap. I guess to confuse us on gear even more

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 06:27 AM
I believe mythic items will be the super rare items in the world that actually take forever to get a set,
LEt alone a piece.

Prototypedwar
01-21-2013, 08:11 AM
I hope they wont be as rare as legendary items in Torchlight 2 :P

sirtibby
01-21-2013, 08:34 AM
I hope they wont be as rare as legendary items in Torchlight 2 :P

Never played that but prolly as rare as Relics in DL (-_-)

BodMaster
01-21-2013, 08:38 AM
I believe mythic items will be the super rare items in the world that actually take forever to get a set,
LEt alone a piece.

Finally!

Not gonna get my hopes up, but should be fun finding out.

Lady_Pebbles
01-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Actually there is already a Mystic pet in game. Its a pet named Rpmaw, available for 250 plat & grants the "Mystic" title as well as a banner.

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Finally!

Not gonna get my hopes up, but should be fun finding out.

Yes ikr! This game needs something to strive to get! Making mythic items super rare.... Say 1 in ever 1000000-2000000 (idk plug in whatever HIGH number works) drops has one would actually make me want to farm again. Also if they do drop, they should drop for every boss but jarl :/

BodMaster
01-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Yes ikr! This game needs something to strive to get! Making mythic items super rare.... Say 1 in ever 1000000-2000000 (idk plug in whatever HIGH number works) drops has one would actually make me want to farm again. Also if they do drop, they should drop for every boss but jarl :/

Agreed, as I was saying in chat not long ago.

Hoping we do not get another Jarl x3 Chest from previous re-scaled gear being the best. (Maybe same for Tower x2).

Or Mythic gear only dropping very very rarely from the toughest bosses. Something along those lines, which will kill the "need/want' to farm the quickest and easiest bosses in game.

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Agreed, as I was saying in chat not long ago.

Hoping we do not get another Jarl x3 Chest from previous re-scaled gear being the best. (Maybe same for Tower x2).

Or Mythic gear only dropping very very rarely from the toughest bosses. Something along those lines, which will kill the "need/want' to farm the quickest and easiest bosses in game.

I would honestly like to see mythics just drop. I don't want them to come out of a chest......... There a unique item, and shouldn't be found within chests, which are quite common. This would make more sence to me.... But idk......

BodMaster
01-21-2013, 11:50 AM
I would honestly like to see mythics just drop. I don't want them to come out of a chest......... There a unique item, and shouldn't be found within chests, which are quite common. This would make more sence to me.... But idk......

Sorry, yhh that's what I meant. Just drop from the tough bosses tho. Need to make it worth while. (Like PL in Shadow/Sewer days Pinks where hard to come by)

The only thing that worries me is the need for StS to believe all items should be on a re-roll table (Also makes them easy to acquire = less rarity).

We need something in game that gives all of us equal opportunity to get. At one point it drove me to only want to run with peeps that had no luck lix on.

Keep Pinks/Chests/Crates/Pets and whatever else you want on re-roll table, but at least leave Mystic items out. (Vanity drops in SL comes to mind)

Tilax
01-21-2013, 11:59 AM
When i saw Mythic it kinda was familiar with Relic like in Dark Legends therefore this could potentially mean that the Overall Prices of Pinks/Legendarys could go down. Also the point of getting the Ripmaw for me is pointless in this time since the achievement and banner can be unlocked later when mythic items are more well known to the game when expansion releases.

@Vys dont you think sooner or later the "Mythic" items could overload the CS making the economy unstable again due to that the prices would fall steep, in my opinion I'd rather wait and have patience and also I dont even like the look of Ripmaw... :P

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Sorry, yhh that's what I meant. Just drop from the tough bosses tho. Need to make it worth while. (Like PL in Shadow/Sewer days Pinks where hard to come by)

The only thing that worries me is the need for StS to believe all items should be on a re-roll table (Also makes them easy to acquire = less rarity).

We need something in game that gives all of us equal opportunity to get. At one point it drove me to only want to run with peeps that had no luck lix on.

Keep Pinks/Chests/Crates/Pets and whatever else you want on re-roll table, but at least leave Mystic items out. (Vanity drops in SL comes to mind)
yes leave it off the reroll table.

When i saw Mythic it kinda was familiar with Relic like in Dark Legends therefore this could potentially mean that the Overall Prices of Pinks/Legendarys could go down. Also the point of getting the Ripmaw for me is pointless in this time since the achievement and banner can be unlocked later when mythic items are more well known to the game when expansion releases.

@Vys dont you think sooner or later the "Mythic" items could overload the CS making the economy unstable again due to that the prices would fall steep, in my opinion I'd rather wait and have patience and also I dont even like the look of Ripmaw... :P

No I don't think it would. I would predict maybe a 5-10% drop in price of pinks. But at the drop rates I've discussed above mythics would be so rare that the pink market would still be intact. The mythic market would be for, the super elite and rich players.
A market for people who actually are into the game more than the average user.
Pinks would hardly drop in price.

Samhayne
01-21-2013, 03:47 PM
LEt alone a piece.

As I understand it, that's pretty much the plan for Mythic items. Either really expensive (like Ripmaw) or really hard to get.

Tilax
01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
@Vys So you mean an Exclusive market..... sounds nice but I'm guessing its going to pretty dam expensive >.<

Raxin
01-21-2013, 04:38 PM
LEt alone a piece.

As I understand it, that's pretty much the plan for Mythic items. Either really expensive (like Ripmaw) or really hard to get.
So they will be plat available? :-\

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 06:57 PM

Thanks Sam. That's good to know.

@Vys So you mean an Exclusive market..... sounds nice but I'm guessing its going to pretty dam expensive >.<

Basically

quaziest
01-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Mythic items - should also benefit the game (developers) ... I assume most of them but not all will be available in CS :cheerful:

Rollo
01-22-2013, 12:40 AM
I see now, they added that shark and labeled it mythic. Of course this is all speculation, we don't know if they plan on adding gear of the same quality. It might just be pets or banners. That shark seems very over priced though, I can't see myself spending 250 platinum on something with such crappy stats.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 02:17 AM

I see now, they added that shark and labeled it mythic. Of course this is all speculation, we don't know if they plan on adding gear of the same quality. It might just be pets or banners. That shark seems very over priced though, I can't see myself spending 250 platinum on something with such crappy stats.

Um... This kinda answers that.

Catwomann
01-22-2013, 06:29 AM
Hard like getting a malison drop without a reroll? So if we get a malison drop and we reroll, we get a mythic item.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Hard like getting a malison drop without a reroll? So if we get a malison drop and we reroll, we get a mythic item.

My and Bods point I think on this matter is too make mythic just that much more rare/elite that it shouldn't be able to be rerolled for.

If it is rerolled then it will be much less rare.

Catwomann
01-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah but iif u think about it, how low are the chances of getting a malison drop without a reroll. Like real real hard. And there have to be many items, a whole set that is, for all classes then I think it shouldn't be rarer than this. When malison used to drop before update, its price was 1-1.5 easily. Now if it wouldn't have been dropping through reroll, its price would have been 3-4 million. I don't think I will buy mythic items of they are that expensive. 2 million prices and stable will be good.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah but iif u think about it, how low are the chances of getting a malison drop without a reroll. Like real real hard. And there have to be many items, a whole set that is, for all classes then I think it shouldn't be rarer than this. When malison used to drop before update, its price was 1-1.5 easily. Now if it wouldn't have been dropping through reroll, its price would have been 3-4 million. I don't think I will buy mythic items of they are that expensive. 2 million prices and stable will be good.

It should be like mallison without reroll or even rarer.

Catwomann
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
That was exactly what I said, but rather than rare I will go for items dropping at only one boss and hard to get. Like mardon, its not hard but its boring and lengthy runs. Rather than jarl or Bael.

Arcanee
01-22-2013, 05:59 PM
I dont think you should only be able to get it from loot reroll or paying $20 like ripmaw I want it to be HARD but not insane or half way impossible lol just my thoughts ^_^

beilou
01-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Mythic items are the new ones coming with next cap. I guess to confuse us on gear even more

And the next cap is? I'm so annoyed....I've been at level 21 FOREVER and I want to move on to different maps :(

Yeah I'm whining. I'm allowed.

Deadbite
01-22-2013, 09:09 PM

And the next cap is? I'm so annoyed....I've been at level 21 FOREVER and I want to move on to different maps :(

Your kidding?? The cap came out in december... Look at StS other games we wait months for a cap. Al cap isn't even "elite" let alone hard.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 10:37 PM
I dont think you should only be able to get it from loot reroll or paying $20 like ripmaw I want it to be HARD but not insane or half way impossible lol just my thoughts ^_^

I agree, every once in awhile maybe a plat thing but most not plat exclusive.

Yah, you have no reason to complain. They are running there whole team full throttle on AL. They have said they would bring a cap every 6-8 weeks currently. That is more than any of the every games have ever received attention wise.

Uzii
01-23-2013, 10:02 AM
I agree in this with cat and arcanee. dont like the idea super super super rare bc not everyone can spend much time in games..thers real life u know.. and no everyone is so rich to buy it from cs as their price will be extremly high. so it will make this items quite unreachable

Yoho
01-23-2013, 10:24 AM
I vote for 'unreachable' mythic items, not on reroll table, droping from all end-game elite bosses, but unbelievably rare. You don't need to possess all set consisting of these items, if you have one - you are lucky, it's mythic ;)

Vystirch
01-23-2013, 10:32 AM
I agree in this with cat and arcanee. dont like the idea super super super rare bc not everyone can spend much time in games..thers real life u know.. and no everyone is so rich to buy it from cs as their price will be extremly high. so it will make this items quite unreachable

There needs to be some reason for the heavy gamers to play. I hope this is it.

I vote for 'unreachable' mythic items, not on reroll table, droping from all end-game elite bosses, but unbelievably rare. You don't need to possess all set consisting of these items, if you have one - you are lucky, it's mythic ;)

Yep my point exactly. This is what I want.

BodMaster
01-23-2013, 10:52 AM

You got it buddy.

I would ask it to be let off from Jarl/Mardom etc as they are so easy to get to, and at lvl 26+ Jarl won't stand a chance, or Tower pigs, will be too easy.

Like Vanity drops in SL, have them on a WHOLE different Loot Table, meaning no re-rolls and can't be achieved easily. I've seen StS pull it off before so they know how to work it out. (But still drop at random to the lucky few, even causal gamers)

Just so you know, I sucked hard at getting SL Vanity, but I still loved the fact it was so rare and actually meant something and was going to be there for the long haul. (The first ever Vanity in SL is still crazy hard to come by and that's from July 2011)

okahef
01-23-2013, 10:59 AM
SOOOO tru i hate pveing with anyone who has luck elixer i kno im never gettin good drop lol or pet drop

Vystirch
01-23-2013, 11:06 AM
You got it buddy.

I would ask it to be let off from Jarl/Mardom etc as they are so easy to get to, and at lvl 26+ Jarl won't stand a chance, or Tower pigs, will be too easy.

Like Vanity drops in SL, have them on a WHOLE different Loot Table, meaning no re-rolls and can't be achieved easily. I've seen StS pull it off before so they know how to work it out. (But still drop at random to the lucky few, even causal gamers)

Just so you know, I sucked hard at getting SL Vanity, but I still loved the fact it was so rare and actually meant something and was going to be there for the long haul. (The first ever Vanity in SL is still crazy hard to come by and that's from July 2011)

Exactly, I rly hope they are crazy hard to obtain.

Uzii
01-23-2013, 11:14 AM
If it will be as squid buddy thers no chnace i get some :(. And it would be items that should benefit ur stats..? No reroll table oke but not super rare. (make it like blue glasses or red jacket..?)Agree not obtainable from easy farming bosses like jarl tough fight is alright but hm..how to tell this..ther should be some chance to get this item from boss after hard fight but not super rare chance. u know ull get rewarded after.

Sorry for bad sentence construction or words sometimes hard to tell thoughts in english.

Yoho
01-23-2013, 11:47 AM
If it will be as squid buddy thers no chnace i get some :(. And it would be items that should benefit ur stats..? No reroll table oke but not super rare. (make it like blue glasses or red jacket..?)Agree not obtainable from easy farming bosses like jarl tough fight is alright but hm..how to tell this..ther should be some chance to get this item from boss after hard fight but not super rare chance. u know ull get rewarded after.

Sorry for bad sentence construction or words sometimes hard to tell thoughts in english.

In your plan mythic item becomes 'just another elite legendary'. Why even bother to make separate class for them?
I'm not telling to OP mythic, +5% stats boost and remarkable appearance is fine.

Astrocat
01-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Or to NOT make them drop from chests, but from the Elite boss itself.. but yeah, extremely mega super ultra rare. Like Mechanical Man Helmet or Squid Buddy, Lol.

Uzii
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
In your plan mythic item becomes 'just another elite legendary'. Why even bother to make separate class for them?
I'm not telling to OP mythic, +5% stats boost and remarkable appearance is fine.

not quite...just dropable from one hardest boss.. but not as rare as squid lol bit higher chance to drop it i ask.
and we dont know what this mythic items will be or do we?

Yoho
01-23-2013, 12:08 PM
not quite...just dropable from one hardest boss.. but not as rare as squid lol bit higher chance to drop it i ask.
and we dont know what this mythic items will be or do we?

We don't, Uzii, we all together make our suggestions and hope this collective dream comes true

Uzii
01-23-2013, 12:16 PM
We don't, Uzii, we all together make our suggestions and hope this collective dream comes true

Haha thumbs up but so many collective dreams didnt come true :(

BodMaster
01-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Or to NOT make them drop from chests, but from the Elite boss itself.. but yeah, extremely mega super ultra rare. Like Mechanical Man Helmet or Squid Buddy, Lol.

That would be the gist of what we have been discussing from the 1st page onwards.

A whole different Loot Table drop from Elite Boss = Not chest.

Uzii
01-23-2013, 04:27 PM
That would be the gist of what we have been discussing from the 1st page onwards.

But not extremly mega ultra super rare. I dont vote for that

Astrocat
01-23-2013, 04:29 PM

Didn't understand then, sorry.

But not extremly mega ultra super rare. I dont vote for that

Then what would be the point of ''Mythic''?

Jed
01-24-2013, 07:42 PM
They better not be so that people with platinum can buy it and think they're better than people who are actually working their butts off trying to get them. I'd be pissed if that happened, and I'm sure everybody else who doesn't load up on platinum would be too.

Vystirch
01-24-2013, 08:58 PM

They better not be so that people with platinum can buy it and think they're better than people who are actually working their butts off trying to get them. I'd be pissed if that happened, and I'm sure everybody else who doesn't load up on platinum would be too.

I interpret sam's post as meaning there will be both.

Genuinous
01-25-2013, 05:58 AM
If mythic dropped always from the current most difficult boss that would be cool. Do you remember trying to beat bael? When it took 30-40 mins? I'd enjoy the last elite boss being the same difficulty with a chance (small ofc) of mythic. Just like mal used to be (or rarer).