PDA

View Full Version : Will Ripmaw Remain Plat Exclusive?

Bastok
01-21-2013, 01:37 AM
I was wondering if Ripmaw is going to remain plat exclusive? If he is, I think maybe I'll spend the rather high cost of 250 plat for him. If he will become a drop when the new expansion hits, I will not spend that amount of plat for him.

Unfortunately the wording in the stable doesn't make it clear what the deal is. I only want to spend plat on plat exclusive pets. I will be very unhappy to spend 250 plat on Ripmaw only to find out later a new boss drops him.

Thanks in advance for clearing up the deal with Ripmaw STS!

Kazillo
01-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I am assuming it will stay platinum exclusive due to the fact that if it becomes a drop, people will flip ****! It wouldn't be a wise move on Space Time Studios part, that's for sure.

TheStoic
01-21-2013, 01:44 AM
Yeah, me too, love to have it dropped by a boss on the next expansion. Imo, ripmaw is the first pet on a new class of its own (the Mythic class), I think they will be keeping it as a plat exclusive but maybe in the future, the plat to purchase it will lower down to maybe 90 or 100 nearer to Malison.

LwMark
01-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Price wont drop, they never did in pl, these are like the dragons and minauters and bats. Maybe 200 if they had a dotd or somethin, but people buy these so they know they will sell, plus the graphics for it are pretty sweet maybe took some time. Surprused the snowman was a good price :)
Am i wrong or does the description say yhe shark is limited?

Kazillo
01-21-2013, 01:59 AM
It is limited, unless the description is a lie. But still, purple founders armour is supposed to be limited and it has been around for awhile...

Energizeric
01-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Unless STS confirms that it will remain plat only, then I won't be purchasing this. I wasted plat on purchasing Frost which said "plat exclusive", and then a couple of weeks later I see the eggs for sale in the CS. So from now on I will only be spending plat on pets if STS confirms they will remain plat only. Otherwise I'll just wait and save my plat for other things.

Roastednuts
01-21-2013, 02:37 AM
I've already pulled the trigger on the shark, since STS said it was plat exclusive and for limited time only. If it becomes a drop in the future. I'm gonna ask for a refund!

Diabloh
01-21-2013, 02:56 AM
Ripmaw will remain a Platinum pet from what I've heard. He will disappear by the next expansion supposedly. I bought him and he's about level 13 for me. He's not the best pet. He grants you the title [Mythic] and gives you a banner. The banner, looks pretty awesome. So does the title. But the pet itself? It's not that great. While it gives 25 STR, it also gives +8 Mana and Health Regen, that's actually pretty helpful. I have two setups for my Rogue, Ranged and Melee, I can sit back and unload some arrows, and not worry about mana because of his mana regen bonus, but the health, if you are a warrior, it's not that nice. He would be perfect for a Mage, since it gives a good health boost and regens. People say that this isn't worth 250 platinum, but I say it is, the title, banner, and Pet are all worth it. If you really want an OP pet, buy Malison, his Dragon AoE damage is great along with his bonuses.

Roastednuts
01-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Why is your Ripmaw better than mine? Mine only gives 15strength, is there a bug?

Ripmaw will remain a Platinum pet from what I've heard. He will disappear by the next expansion supposedly. I bought him and he's about level 13 for me. He's not the best pet. He grants you the title [Mythic] and gives you a banner. The banner, looks pretty awesome. So does the title. But the pet itself? It's not that great. While it gives 25 STR, it also gives +8 Mana and Health Regen, that's actually pretty helpful. I have two setups for my Rogue, Ranged and Melee, I can sit back and unload some arrows, and not worry about mana because of his mana regen bonus, but the health, if you are a warrior, it's not that nice. He would be perfect for a Mage, since it gives a good health boost and regens. People say that this isn't worth 250 platinum, but I say it is, the title, banner, and Pet are all worth it. If you really want an OP pet, buy Malison, his Dragon AoE damage is great along with his bonuses.

Prack
01-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah I'm not buying either until I hear from STS. Also it shows as 15 str not 25. 25 would have been a lot better though lol.

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 10:43 AM
It's a cool pet/title/banner but the pet needs an upgrade.

KillaSkillz
01-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Could be a future droppable red one called TearJaw. Just sayin.. It's really isn't gonna be a big surprise to rename and recolor there is at least 2 of every pet, except snowball and I expect another snowman next christmas with a different name and color.

Pulkeren
01-22-2013, 08:56 AM
i hate recoloring items com on sts

Prack
01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
No response from STS? Do they want my 250 plat or not.... (aka me buying more plat)

BodMaster
01-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Just wait it out, they were on MLK holiday yesterday and should be returning today with some patches I believe. (Or tomorrow at the latest)

@KillerSkillz, the Snowball pet is still showing in the Stable it was never going to be "exclusive". In the notes below the pet it says something like, "Only available in the holiday season" so it will return next year along with any other holiday season pets coming in the future.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 10:12 AM
If ripmaw ends up droping, I will require a refund STS.

abekrivy
01-22-2013, 10:33 AM

Me too. I already want one. Thing was worthless and I'd gladly give it back if I could.

Yoho
01-22-2013, 10:34 AM

same here

BodMaster
01-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I doubt Ripmaw will start dropping, however wouldn't be surprised if another recoloured/named "Shark type" will drop.

Say a Tiger Shark, or even something like a Hammerhead :p

But the effects/movement and time it took to create I'm sure they will not allow/want that to go to waste.

Prack
01-22-2013, 12:10 PM
The banner/title/achievement are nice but the stats of the pet itself are not that great. I play a warrior and appreciate that it's STR but only 15? :( Even if/when they confirm that it's store exclusive I'm still not sure that I will buy it for 250 plat. I doubt I'll end up using him.

NiN
01-22-2013, 04:29 PM
It must, if not imagine their inbox after the pet drops.
Many players will want 250 plat refund

quaziest
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
So ..... .what's the 4th ability of Ripmaw? ... please clarify justg? I might buy it if its NICE!!!? :adoration:

LwMark
01-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Ripmaw was always 15 strength, period.

Iam not going to buy ripmaw because im not a big plat spender like that, but im 100% sure that he was +25 str , no reason to lie, he was, on my android. I saw it.

Lady_Pebbles
01-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Smh. I agree ppl. This is just hella rediculous and they didn't really clear anything up lol.

Edit: I agree LwMark. We're not hallucinating.

abekrivy
01-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Iam not going to buy ripmaw because im not a big plat spender like that, but im 100% sure that he was +25 str , no reason to lie, he was, on my android. I saw it.

I saw it too, bought it because of the +25 STR and am pissed that the devs don't want to address it.

Never again will I be suckered like that.

Justg
01-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Ripmaw will remain plat purchase only, but I believe he will be taken out of rotation.

Regarding the 25 STR, at no time did anyone of the dev team think he should be or observe his stats as such. I specifically remember working with Thade to set it at 15 right before Ripmaw was pushed out. Not saying a visual bug did not exist, but I have never heard of one like that, and would think that out of the hundreds of thousands of people playing, there would be at least one screenshot of it as such.

If, however, you are unhappy with your purchase because you thought, or think that you remember that he may have had 25 STR, hit us up in support and we'll be glad to refund it.

LwMark
01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Ripmaw will remain plat purchase only, but I believe he will be taken out of rotation for awhile.

Taken out of rotation for a while, meaning he will return?

abekrivy
01-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Ripmaw will remain plat purchase only, but I believe he will be taken out of rotation.

Regarding the 25 STR, at no time did anyone of the dev team think he should be or observe his stats as such. I specifically remember working with Thade to set it at 15 right before Ripmaw was pushed out. Not saying a visual bug did not exist, but I have never heard of one like that, and would think that out of the hundreds of thousands of people playing, there would be at least one screenshot of it as such.

If, however, you are unhappy with your purchase because you thought, or think that you remember that he may have had 25 STR, hit us up in support and we'll be glad to refund it.

I would like a refund. Which support do I go to?

Justg
01-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

LwMark
01-22-2013, 07:25 PM

I would like a refund. Which support do I go to?

Go to the spacetime nexus ingame an click community then support, thats how i contact them.
And ye I didnt even buy him, i was just checkin him out an he def had 25+

abekrivy
01-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Support(at)spacetimestudios.com.
Thank you.

Energizeric
01-22-2013, 08:08 PM

Thanks, I think STS will make some folks happy with this decision and keep them buying plat in the future. As for me, as long as he remains plat exclusive, I will most likely pull the trigger and get him. :)

Energizeric
01-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Taken out of rotation for a while, meaning he will return?

Seems he edited his post and removed "for while" from it. So seems like Ripmaw will just be a limited release and will stay plat exclusive. That's all I needed to hear...I will most likely buy him.

I find the +8 health & mana regen from Flap Jack to be extremely useful when farming as it saves a ton of potions -- he's my favorite pet and the only one I bothered to level up to 21. Seems that Ripmaw has similar stats and abilities to Flap Jack, but maybe a little better? He also looks cooler. :)

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 10:38 PM

Puts my mind to rest. I will keep him.

IiMerchii
01-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Whuu iz thiz rep maw yu speek of?

Avelynia
01-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Glad to have that cleared up! I'm still tempted because it looks awesome and the collector in me wants it, but it would take all my plat to get 2 and it would forever irk me if I had it on one character but not the other :)

LwMark
01-22-2013, 11:38 PM

Its a new guppy pet its pretty small an just flops around

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 11:50 PM

It's a shark.

LwMark
01-22-2013, 11:54 PM

It's a shark.

Ik , im mimicing iimerchii because the way hes talkin an been postin like that in a couple threads

Rare
01-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Glad to have that cleared up! I'm still tempted because it looks awesome and the collector in me wants it, but it would take all my plat to get 2 and it would forever irk me if I had it on one character but not the other :)

You got it bad too! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Vystirch
01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Ik , im mimicing iimerchii because the way hes talkin an been postin like that in a couple threads

Ik, :p

You got it bad too! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I got a collector in me also :)

Astrocat
01-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Keeping my Shark. <3

Vystirch
01-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Keeping my Shark. <3

Yep, I love catching eyes in Kraag :)

Astrocat
01-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Anyways I guess that if you ask for a refund, you get your 250 platinum back, then they take back the Shark, and the achievement and banner too. Or maybe i'm wrong and you keep banner and achievement?

Vystirch
01-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Anyways I guess that if you ask for a refund, you get your 250 platinum back, then they take back the Shark, and the achievement and banner too. Or maybe i'm wrong and you keep banner and achievement?

Most likely not, that would remain an unfair advantage. Because then people that wouldn't have bought the pet before would buy it and then ask for a refund.

Astrocat
01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Most likely not, that would remain an unfair advantage. Because then people that wouldn't have bought the pet before would buy it and then ask for a refund.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Anyways I wouldn't even if it was possible. Shark is limited, beautiful and sexy. <3

abekrivy
01-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Anyways I guess that if you ask for a refund, you get your 250 platinum back, then they take back the Shark, and the achievement and banner too.

I would expect them to. Would be a pointless refund if they didn't. When I emailed support to ask for a refund, I asked them to take back all things associated with the shark.

Astrocat
01-23-2013, 11:43 AM
I would expect them to. Would be a pointless refund if they didn't. When I emailed support to ask for a refund, I asked them to take back all things associated with the shark.

Which is totally normal. :)

abekrivy
01-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Who said I was normal? :distracted:

Astrocat
01-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Who said I was normal? :distracted:

:suspicion:

Prack
01-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Ty devs for clearing this up.

Bastok
01-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks Justg for the 411 on Ripmaw. Since I know he'll be plat exclusive, I feel a lot better about making the purchase.

Justg
01-23-2013, 05:39 PM
You're very welcome. Sorry about any confusion. We never meant to infer anyone was not telling the truth, we just never saw that type of behavior with a bug before. It is more important to us that you guys are happy than for us to be right on this one.

Imwatchingyou
01-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Ripmaw's stats as follows as an owner Lv20:

Dmg currently at 88
Critical 11%

Happiness bonus:
You receive + 15 str, Damaged Reduced by 3% ): +8 Mana/Regen

Arcane abillity:
Leaps up through the ground where the enemy is located, knocking nearby enemies down for a short time.

Passive abillity:
Mauling jaws: damages a single target and has a chance to stun, snare, bleed, and reduce enemy defense by 10%

For high platinum pet, I find the str +15 dissatisfied let alone the my atk dmg reduced by 3%. It would have been fair if the str was at 25. Malison is worth the buck over this pet since it gives all stats 20+ with a tasty 5% crit.

Sky../
01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Spacetime studios employees are much much nicer than the devs/employees at this other game i'm playing. (Hint: top grossing in app store)

Raxin
01-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Ripmaw's stats as follows as an owner Lv20:

Dmg currently at 88
Critical 11%

Happiness bonus:
You receive + 15 str, Damaged Reduced by 3% ): +8 Mana/Regen

Arcane abillity:
Leaps up through the ground where the enemy is located, knocking nearby enemies down for a short time.

Passive abillity:
Mauling jaws: damages a single target and has a chance to stun, snare, bleed, and reduce enemy defense by 10%

For high platinum pet, I find the str +15 dissatisfied let alone the my atk dmg reduced by 3%. It would have been fair if the str was at 25. Malison is worth the buck over this pet since it gives all stats 20+ with a tasty 5% crit.
Lol it reduces incoming dmg not your output

Imwatchingyou
01-30-2013, 12:10 AM
Lol, the description is misleading. I have already confirmed it asking the admin. Yes, it does reduce incoming damage.

razerfingers
01-30-2013, 12:18 AM
I doubt Ripmaw will start dropping, however wouldn't be surprised if another recoloured/named "Shark type" will drop.

Say a Tiger Shark, or even something like a Hammerhead :p

But the effects/movement and time it took to create I'm sure they will not allow/want that to go to waste.

LOL!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

BodMaster
01-30-2013, 12:26 AM
LOL!

Made me ROFL too when I heard about HammerJaw!

razerfingers
01-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Made me ROFL too when I heard about HammerJaw!

Remeber fine print. The idea isnt yours anymore once they see it ;) no offense but thats why nobody gets credit for anything lol xP put link in sig and have it be like "click for info behind hammerjaw" aha

BodMaster
01-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Remeber fine print. The idea isnt yours anymore once they see it ;) no offense but thats why nobody gets credit for anything lol xP put link in sig and have it be like "click for info behind hammerjaw" aha

Lololol I might just do that hahaha, genius.

razerfingers
01-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Lololol I might just do that hahaha, genius.

Haha for sure! Np!

LwMark
02-06-2013, 02:49 AM
So will ripmaw be limited an removed?

Bebsi
02-06-2013, 03:09 AM
Will be removed but might come back as DOTD in the future xD

LwMark
02-06-2013, 03:12 AM
Will be removed but might come back as DOTD in the future xD

Grrrr i just bought him!!!
Dotd? They guna have that here?

Energizeric
02-06-2013, 03:54 AM
I don't know where he got that from. LOL I think he's just messing with you.

xcainnblecterx
02-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Yep limited till sts bribg him back next December ir January

LwMark
02-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Idk why they would bring it back

xcainnblecterx
02-06-2013, 08:31 PM

Why do they bring anything back? Profit

LwMark
02-06-2013, 09:15 PM

Why do they bring anything back? Profit

Snowman was limited - you can't buy him now.

Ripmaw will be removed from the store at some time in the future, the same way as Snowball.

Thats a pm from sam when i asked

Caiahar
02-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Well...snowball will come back in the next winter season I guess...on the description it says "only available during winter seasons"

xcainnblecterx
02-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Snowman was limited - you can't buy him now.

Ripmaw will be removed from the store at some time in the future, the same way as Snowball.

Thats a pm from sam when i asked

But happened in pl right? Snowman head, pumpkin shield, carrot nose etc. I hope they dont do it.to this.game