PDA

View Full Version : Is this spamming?

The Sadness
01-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Hi all,

I don't use the forum chat often, so I wanted to get the opinion of more experienced individuals. I was reading forums yesterday and decided to try chat. All I wrote was this: :D
To which I receive a response from a user who shall remain anonymous: Sadness, don't spam the chat

Is :D spam? Comments appreciated.

Cahaun
01-21-2013, 09:21 AM
If you were just testing the chat, then it's not Spamming. Spamming is repeatedly posting the same thing over and over.

BodMaster
01-21-2013, 09:24 AM
In a nutshell, Nope.

If you repeatedly, did "spam" the smiley over and over taking over line's and line's of a conversation between peeps there, then I'd class that as Spam, especially if continued to just ruin the conversation in whole. (Damn Banana's)

1action alone doesn't = SPAM (Repeating that action does)

The Sadness
01-21-2013, 10:14 AM
To be clear, the only thing I wrote was: :D

And I only wrote that once. Thanks for feedback, other opinions?

BodMaster
01-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Someone was being over sensitive, or Trolling you.

I've seen far worse. A smiley to let peeps know you are there is fine.

Zaonabiuibil
01-21-2013, 01:26 PM
:D

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Lowlyspy
01-21-2013, 01:38 PM
If you were just testing the chat, then it's not Spamming. Spamming is repeatedly posting the same thing over and over.
Yea, posting over and over.

Posting over and over.

Posting over abd over.

Posting over and over.

Posting over and over.

^_^

Jcyee
01-21-2013, 02:02 PM
At least you didn't post a bunch of dancing bananas over and over...

dudetus
01-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Yea, posting over and over.

Posting over and over.

Posting over abd over.

Posting over and over.

Posting over and over.

^_^

Gotcha. U aren't a very good spammer. The key to become an effective spammer is to use copy/paste.

Lowlyspy
01-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Gotcha. U aren't a very good spammer. The key to become an effective spammer is to use copy/paste.

I've never been very good with spam. I'll just go back to eating it :3

Jespo
01-21-2013, 10:34 PM

-------------------

dude dont spam

Rare
01-22-2013, 11:07 AM
please don't ban me :D

MightyMicah
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
The first thing I thought of is a highway with a speed limit of 50mph. Everyone is driving 80mph and you're driving 60mph. Then the cop sees you and pulls you over. (Catch the analogy, here?)

iRusher
01-22-2013, 07:27 PM

-------------------

I saw that on a city wall today..

The Sadness
01-22-2013, 07:35 PM
The first thing I thought of is a highway with a speed limit of 50mph. Everyone is driving 80mph and you're driving 60mph. Then the cop sees you and pulls you over. (Catch the analogy, here?)
What's an analogy? The Happiness called me an enigma, those two related?

Kraoracha
01-23-2013, 03:30 AM
I think Chat is for fun talk mostly anyway, and sometimes a discussion or experiences of a game are shared.
I think that because you only wrote one smiley it was an ironic fun remark to call that spamming, because your post was so short.
But the only way to be sure is ask the person that told you what he meant by it.

Doodlebeast
01-23-2013, 07:01 AM
What's an analogy? The Happiness called me an enigma, those two related?

Ewww you enigma.

开玩笑吧了(⌒▽⌒)
I don't know what's a enigmaヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

The Happiness
01-23-2013, 10:48 AM
An enigma is a puzzling person or situation or item. FYI ;P

The Sadness
01-23-2013, 07:16 PM
The Happiness teaches me something new everyday, she's like a walking dictionary. A hawt dictionary.

CrimsonTider
01-23-2013, 07:39 PM
It's sad to down a happy face. Refer them to me next time. I'll tell them where to stick that "spam."

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Zeus
01-23-2013, 07:39 PM
The Happiness teaches me something new everyday, she's like a walking dictionary. A hawt dictionary.

Lets face it, girls can never be symbolized as a book. In actuality, just when you think you can predict them, they're impossible to read. ;)

Noodleleg
01-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Lets face it, girls can never be symbolized as a book. In actuality, just when you think you can predict them, they're impossible to read. ;)

Easy for the stud to say...

Doodlebeast
01-23-2013, 09:31 PM
ˊ_>ˋ 凸^-^凸(^○^)(≧∇≦)( ^ω^ )(^◇^)(^ー゜)☆〜(ゝ。∂)(☆_☆)♪(v^_^)v(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))☆*:. 。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・ *:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*(´・Д・)」(⌒-⌒; )(; ̄ェ ̄)

I'm surprised by how many smileys a Chinese keyboard can do :o
Can anyone tell me how many Chinese letters are inside all these smileys?

The Happiness
01-24-2013, 03:01 AM

I'll tell you a secret....when I was at primary school...my teacher called me a Walking Thesaurus. Popular much?

The Sadness
01-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Personal philosophy: if you can learn something new and make someone else smile each day, you're gonna be alright.

I make The Happiness smile, she teaches me stuff. Like, enigma.

The Happiness
01-25-2013, 01:51 AM
I make The Happiness smile, she teaches me stuff. Like, enigma.

What can I say? It works! ;p

TheDaftness
01-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Yup, Happiness taught me euphemism! Not to be confused with euphanasia.

Glad ur teacher called u a Walking Thesaurus, and not a Hawt Dictionary, that woulda been awkward...!

The Happiness
01-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Yup, Happiness taught me euphemism! Not to be confused with euphanasia.

Glad ur teacher called u a Walking Thesaurus, and not a Hawt Dictionary, that woulda been awkward...!

Especially as I was about 8 years old at the time!

Kraoracha
01-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Would be accurate if you were on fire and running through the hallway.

caabedez
01-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Well use bod as an example tht shes spaming

The Sadness
01-27-2013, 09:37 PM
I love how far off topic we go, lets keep it going!

In elementary school, I had sloppy handwriting. I refused to write better and made my math teacher so mad she eventually said: "I never want to see you again." True story.

Devious! Your turn.

Oskitopee
01-27-2013, 09:53 PM
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

SORRY I HAD TO DO IT

Irulelol
01-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Did you know 178,563,298,912,990,543 people were to lazy to read that exact entire number.

Sharaobic
01-28-2013, 02:23 AM

*sigh* women. According to a survey almost 60% of the world's fights are over them. No wonder troy fell due to Helen, even the mighty Gaius Julius Caesar was trapped in the beauty of Cleopetra. Only Alexander the greatwas wise enough to escape it. I am such a history freak.

TheDaftness
01-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Sharaobic: U sure that was wisdom, or just preference??

Oskitopee: EPIC bananaspamming!

Sadness: This one time in fifth grade (not band camp) we were discussing silly addictions that we or someone we know has. I eagerly thrust my palm in the air and shouted out "My Mom used to be addicted to coke!!!" A gasp and hush fell over the room. Then I murmured.. coca-cola...?? Then everyone remembered to breathe and the nervous chuckling began. True story!

The Happiness
01-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Sadness: This one time in fifth grade (not band camp) we were discussing silly addictions that we or someone we know has. I eagerly thrust my palm in the air and shouted out "My Mom used to be addicted to coke!!!" A gasp and hush fell over the room. Then I murmured.. coca-cola...?? Then everyone remembered to breathe and the nervous chuckling began. True story!

Lol! I did something very similar at senior school but I can't write it here. It was said in a provocative manner designed to shock. I thought I would get into serious trouble but it turns out my teacher had mental health problems and actually thought it was hilarious at the time! Happy days!

The Sadness
01-29-2013, 06:32 AM
TheDaftness: OMG, I'm addicted to coke too!! Cherry Coke that is. Hilarious!
The Happiness: I knew there was a devious streak there!! You're all sweet and innocent on forums, but by night you're calculating your next move. Maybe we are the same person? Bipolar?

What do you think? Are we the same person?

Caiahar
01-29-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm the shadowness.....I'm a shadow....I'm supposed to be devious...

One time when I was in 2nd grade there was a substitute teacher who used to yell all the time and didn't seem to like kids. So we had this work to do he assigned us and you were supposed to turn it into your backpack if you were done. So when I was half way done i couldn't figure out the rest. So I just sneaked like a shadow and put it in my backpack.
True....

Another one....5th grade we had to make a complex sentence out of certain words, and mine used to be the most awkward and funny. Here is one.: Since the parrot landed on the tree with sap, it's "rear" (you know what that is) got stuck in the sap and couldn't fly away. Get it? Rear meaning the place where the birds shoot out poop when they're flying.

TheDaftness
01-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Rear meaning the place where the birds shoot out poop when they're flying.

This part is amazeballs! You have moments of 3PIC, Shady...!

Sadness: For about 2.5 secs, I thought u two were the same person. Hey, it happens.. Some forumers like to self-reinforce! Then some have dissociative identity disorder. I do at times...

And so do I. >;)

The Happiness
01-29-2013, 10:55 AM
TheDaftness: OMG, I'm addicted to coke too!! Cherry Coke that is. Hilarious!
The Happiness: I knew there was a devious streak there!! You're all sweet and innocent on forums, but by night you're calculating your next move. Maybe we are the same person? Bipolar?

What do you think? Are we the same person?

How can we be the same person, Babe? You love cherry coke whereas I, along with all the cool kids, love Cherry Pepsi Max! Smaller bubbles....more caffeine ....less sugar! Oh yeah!

The Sadness
01-30-2013, 04:23 AM
Cherry Pepsi?? I hate to say it, but some day Coke will put Pepsi out of business. And then, you'll be forced to drink the hurty stuff and I'll be there to laugh.

Shadow, shoot out poop... I don't know if they shoot it, but yeah let's go with that!!

The Happiness
01-30-2013, 06:23 AM
Cherry Pepsi?? I hate to say it, but some day Coke will put Pepsi out of business. And then, you'll be forced to drink the hurty stuff and I'll be there to laugh.

Incorrect. I will swap to Dr Pepper and swap my tastes from cherry to prune. Unfortunately I'll have to drink my JD neat cos JD and Dr Pepper do not mix well imo.

TheDaftness
01-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Ahhhh girl, I have your answer!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_Doctor_Pepper

This thread dips and dives like a pigeon in a hurricane! Glad to see it has evolved to alcohol tho, w00t!

The Sadness
01-31-2013, 07:07 PM
Dude!! Flair!!!! However, I only count 7 pieces...

Prune juice? Correct, an old hag's drink of choice! Neat or on the rocks?

Favorite beverage? Amaretto Sour... flame me, I'm secure in my masculinity. Rawr.

Noodleleg
01-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Eh, I'll drink any soda. I need diet, though.

Zaonabiuibil
01-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Eh, I'll drink any soda. I need diet, though.

Unless you're diabetic diet is worse than regular actually.

-------------------

Asicheenivy
01-31-2013, 08:21 PM
:banana: :P

Kraoracha
02-01-2013, 03:10 AM
The aspertaam in the diet stuff is very bad for you anyway, for anybody, it has terrible side effects.

The Happiness
02-01-2013, 05:38 AM
Ahhhh girl, I have your answer!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_Doctor_Pepper

This thread dips and dives like a pigeon in a hurricane! Glad to see it has evolved to alcohol tho, w00t!

I'll maybe give that a go...afterall my life philosophy is try everything once!

The Happiness
02-01-2013, 05:42 AM

Not prune juice but Dr Pepper ...made from prunes? Or more enlightenment?

My favourite drinks are too numerous to mention but Vanilla Margarita and Tequila Sunrise would make my top 10.

TheDaftness
02-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Dude!! Flair!!!! However, I only count 7 pieces...
Favorite beverage? Amaretto Sour... flame me, I'm secure in my masculinity. Rawr.

Yep found my flair! Yepp only 7 pieces, I am a habitual underachiever!!

Mai fayvorit beaverage atm wud b........ Jamesons and Ginger.

If u like amaretto you would like flaming Dr. P too! Word to the wise tho, stop after 4 (or less) unless you wanna wake up...... in an undesirable place. I'll leave it at that!

The Happiness
02-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Yep found my flair! Yepp only 7 pieces, I am a habitual underachiever!!

Mai fayvorit beaverage atm wud b........ Jamesons and Ginger.

If u like amaretto you would like flaming Dr. P too! Word to the wise tho, stop after 4 (or less) unless you wanna wake up...... in an undesirable place. I'll leave it at that!

I have only woken up in an undesirable place twice due to drink....then there was the time on the train I wrote about in guild group. :)

And I'm loving the bananas! Totes awesome!

tHelonestud
02-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Hi all,

I don't use the forum chat often, so I wanted to get the opinion of more experienced individuals. I was reading forums yesterday and decided to try chat. All I wrote was this: :D
To which I receive a response from a user who shall remain anonymous: Sadness, don't spam the chat

Is :D spam? Comments appreciated.
Well it seems to be posts like those that are a large percentage of some peoples' post count I have noticed >.>

The Sadness
02-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Well it seems to be posts like those that are a large percentage of some peoples' post count I have noticed >.>

U mad bro??? :D

Caiahar
02-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Banana time! Wish there were other dancing fruits. :apple: :peach: :orange: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The Sadness
02-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Other dancing fruits....

No comment, lol!

The Happiness
02-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Other dancing fruits....

No comment, lol!

But....by all accounts ...you are pretty good at dancing my old fruit ;p

The Sadness
02-07-2013, 07:10 PM
1) I'm old
2) I love to dance
3) I need to be clear, not a fruit! Not hatin', just sayin'! :D

Kraoracha
02-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Trying to find a linking pin in this thread, but cannot seem to find it.

Seems like all other threads on this forum, now I think of it.

TheDaftness
02-08-2013, 03:19 PM
1) I'm old
2) I love to dance
3) I need to be clear, not a fruit! Not hatin', just sayin'! :D

Methinks you have a pink cowgirl vanity that MAY suggest otherwise! Esp since I have a matching one, purchased at your request... YEEE-HAW!

I believe STILL need a screenie of this BTW :D

The Happiness
02-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Methinks you have a pink cowgirl vanity that MAY suggest otherwise! Esp since I have a matching one, purchased at your request... YEEE-HAW!

Come to think about it, we were kinda 'forced' into the whole pink cowgirl hat thing....and I hate pink!!

The Greediness
02-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Come to think about it, we were kinda 'forced' into the whole pink cowgirl hat thing....and I hate pink!!
Admit you love my pink antenna parakeet ;)

Caiahar
02-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah happy, you guys could've told me, and I would've worn a black one!!,

The Happiness
02-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Admit you love my pink antenna parakeet ;)

I was gonna lie....but I can't! Your parakeet is sooo cute I had to make a copy....hence Thecheeriness was born!

The Happiness
02-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Yeah happy, you guys could've told me, and I would've worn a black one!!,

In fact any colour other than pink would have been a hit with me...even blue! ;P

Caiahar
02-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Well duhh, im a SHADOW!

The Sadness
02-10-2013, 08:45 AM

Dude, you never saw the thread? We look pro!
[LINK] (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?84141-This-is-how-we-roll)

The Sadness
02-10-2013, 08:48 AM
FYI to all who care: The guy who said Sadness, stop spamming was banned recently. Gf, bro.

See, we bring this stuff back around! Like the circle of life. But our circle is a circle of awesomeness.

The Happiness
02-10-2013, 08:54 AM
FYI to all who care: The guy who said Sadness, stop spamming was banned recently. Gf, bro.

See, we bring this stuff back around! Like the circle of life. But our circle is a circle of awesomeness.

I told you I've got your back! Karma :)

TheDaftness
02-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Goes to show ya... "you mess wit The Sadness, you get B&!!!!"

Thx for the link! Yep, 2 weeks late, but now its bumped for another possible round of fun, lol

The Happiness
02-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Goes to show ya... "you mess wit The Sadness, you get B&!!!!"

Something like that!

The Sadness
02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
B&... Haha

And The Happiness is the one that went all devious here, cheers!

The Happiness
02-12-2013, 06:24 AM
B&... Haha

And The Happiness is the one that went all devious here, cheers!

She had the opportunity, perhaps, would be a better turn of phrase ;P