PDA

View Full Version : RIPMAW: Y u changed stat?! n Stuff...

Lady_Pebbles
01-21-2013, 10:05 AM
*wishes she took a freaken screenshot upon purchase*

Part of the reason why I purchased a Ripmaw was because of its stats, originally it said +25 STR, +8 hp regen, & +8 mana regen... Soooo... Why did yall change the +25 STR it to +15? (#-___-)

Please change it back and while you're at it, make the Ripmaw become more worthy of 250plat by adding more regen to hp and mana (like +9 or +10 regen) while making its arcane (or its passive) be an AoE.

Also, I seriously hope yall don't screw us over again and make him a droppable pet or sell hin for less plat in the future. I would hope yall learn from your mistakes on DL (i.e. Biomorph vanity). (>__>)

*Zero*
01-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I thought it was always 15 str....

Ladycandyheal
01-21-2013, 10:28 AM
lol

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 10:39 AM
I thought it was always 15+
But yes he needs an upgrade.

xcainnblecterx
01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Nah i seen it originally at +25 too

BodMaster
01-21-2013, 11:28 AM
I think I did see it at 25+, but I've been thoroughly told it must have been a "Mass hallucination".

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
I think I did see it at 25+, but I've been thoroughly told it must have been a "Mass hallucination".

Yah I bought right after realese..... And it was 15+ so I'm not sure what to believe.........

Lady_Pebbles
01-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Nah i seen it originally at +25 too

Freaken sucks... Ugh, wish they'd check things before releasing them. Hell even with +25 STR Ripmaw still needs better stuff. Smh.

Lady_Pebbles
01-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Yah I bought right after realese..... And it was 15+ so I'm not sure what to believe.........

So did I.. I was already logged on when the server message came up too & bought as soon as I checked out the stats. :-/

octavos
01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Yes i bought one too, and yes before it said 25 str.. The pruple dragon still has better stats..but still...can they be changed back..or better then malison

Lady_Pebbles
01-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Yes i bought one too, and yes before it said 25 str.. The pruple dragon still has better stats..but still...can they be changed back..or better then malison

Actually considering the price for this pet, I gotta agree with you. It should have better stats than Malison. However, I still say it shouldn't become a droppable egg/pet. >__<

*Zero*
01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
I think is was a visual bug. Some say 15 some say 25. But when patch finished I checked and it said 15 str 8 mana and HP regen and 3% damage reduction. That's why I didn't buy it.

octavos
01-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Actually considering the price for this pet, I gotta agree with you. It should have better stats than Malison. However, I still say it shouldn't become a droppable egg/pet. >__<

well, I did buy right after update, i checked his stats and yes, it def was 25 str...but the banner and title make up for his lower stats..but to have it 15...not worth leveling him up. My dragon still is the best pet.

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 12:17 PM

Yes if it becomes droppable, then sts owes us a refund in my honest oppinion. And the stats should be more along the lines of 30+ str 30+ int 30+ dex 10 mana regen 10 heal regen 5% damage reduction. That looks about right for the price of the pet.

BodMaster
01-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Let's just say, some have us have paid 500 Plat for a pet that didn't attack or anything, given as a choice just for looks Vanity pet only.

A few months down the line they re-release the same pet but recoloured, now you can pick them up for crazy cheap prices and it even looks better than the original.

After that experience, I'm sure it will pop up again in the future.

The stats shouldn't be OP just because people have the funds to throw away. I see it as more of a "Limited, Vanity" pet just to have, along with the Title and Flag. (Reason they went to the trouble to make it move differently, and attack graphics too look flashy)

quaziest
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
I almost purchased the RIPMAW but I wouldn't purchase it for 250 plat, for one freaking pet ... I would if its OP ... LOL!!! And yes it was advertised first at +25. For 250 plat it should have been +50STR. STS should really think before pricing their plats on their product.

And they still haven't fixed the plat confirmation button purchase.

Lady_Pebbles
01-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Still they should just overhaul the pet's stats and abilities. Malison has +25 on all stats plus a dodge arcane ability. Why not give Ripmaw +25str +15 (or +20) on int & dex, and +9 (or +8) hp and mana regen? Hell that'll be better than Malison in my book...

Or if they -really- wanna make Ripsaw be sold to more ppl give it +25 on all stats and +8 or +9 hp & mp regen with an AoE arcane ability & maybe the dmg reduction added as a passive ability...

(I seriously doubt they'll change the stats to any one of those though lol). XD

*Zero*
01-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Here is the screen shot from when patch went live. Always was 15str here's the link http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?83287-Arcane-Legends-New-Premium-Pet-Ripmaw!&p=933500#post933500

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Let's just say, some have us have paid 500 Plat for a pet that didn't attack or anything, given as a choice just for looks Vanity pet only.

A few months down the line they re-release the same pet but recoloured, now you can pick them up for crazy cheap prices and it even looks better than the original.

After that experience, I'm sure it will pop up again in the future.

The stats shouldn't be OP just because people have the funds to throw away. I see it as more of a "Limited, Vanity" pet just to have, along with the Title and Flag. (Reason they went to the trouble to make it move differently, and attack graphics too look flashy)

Yes this is the way I have taken to looking at the pet. But I would like to use it in combat more....

BodMaster
01-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Yes this is the way I have taken to looking at the pet. But I would like to use it in combat more....

Personally don't plan on getting it, so for the people that do have it, I'd want them to get the most of it just not to the point of being crazy OP especially when pets are "officially" usable in PvP. (Being a massive advantage over a non-plat player)

A boost could be done, but couldn't see it getting 8+ HP/Mana regen along with Mali's attributes, and DMG reduction that's just madness :p

Liquid Ice
01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
I've always seen it as +15. There's even a picture back from the 19th at 12:31 am. It seems like it is a mass hallucination.

octavos
01-21-2013, 01:42 PM
It seems like it is a mass hallucination.

hallucination isnt one, if ppl seen it like me..and I know what i saw before I bought it.

Jcyee
01-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Well this is weird... Always said +15 Str for me

Maybe it's similar to the situation when ripmaw was first released when some people could see the purchase button while others couldn't.

Wizard_Mike
01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
And the stats should be more along the lines of 30+ str 30+ int 30+ dex 10 mana regen 10 heal regen 5% damage reduction.

Holy crap, you don't ask for much, do you? hehe. :p

If if one pet had the highest health/mana regen and highest damage reduction of any pet, on top of +30 to all stats, then it would make all other pets in the game obsolete. Then the players get divided into two camps, those with "Superpet" and those without. Especially if they ever introduce a form of PvP that includes pets (on purpose, lol). At that point, the game really would become "pay to win" and STS would be faced with the choice of either making the pet drop in-game or leaving it as it is (pay to win). Either choice would spawn a storm of complaints from a lot of players.

So yeah, having one "best" pet is simply not a good thing, regardless of how much plat it costs.

LwMark
01-21-2013, 02:17 PM
It was 25+

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Personally don't plan on getting it, so for the people that do have it, I'd want them to get the most of it just not to the point of being crazy OP especially when pets are "officially" usable in PvP. (Being a massive advantage over a non-plat player)

A boost could be done, but couldn't see it getting 8+ HP/Mana regen along with Mali's attributes, and DMG reduction that's just madness :p

I already have it......
I like madness anyways.... :p

SuRfY
01-21-2013, 02:35 PM
I posted a pic over here which is 15mins after the updates was posted (because the buy button wasn't there for me) Mine was post number 18.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?83281-2013-01-18-Content-Update-(111696)

Personally, i saw it was +15 Str.

Yoho
01-21-2013, 02:43 PM
It shouldn't be better than lootable pets, as well as get u achievement points for it (while there is no other mythic items in game yet).
But Ripmaw have to be plat-exclusive and limited time item. Any price for exclusiveness, not for 'exclusive stats', or it rly comes to be pay to win.

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 02:45 PM
It shouldn't be better than lootable pets, as well as get u achievement points for it (while there is no other mythic items in game yet).
But Ripmaw have to be plat-exclusive and limited time item. Any price for exclusiveness, not for 'exclusive stats', or it rly comes to be pay to win.

I believe it should just be slightly above or at least met legendary pets, I mean come on it's mythic!

BodMaster
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
I posted a pic over here which is 15mins after the updates was posted (because the buy button wasn't there for me) Mine was post number 18.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?83281-2013-01-18-Content-Update-(111696)

Personally, i saw it was +15 Str.

That's the connection I believe.

I seen it at 25+ but also it was available straight away for purchase no logging out/closing app etc. Kinda wondered what peeps in g chat meant asking how to get the pet.

Tilax
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
HOPEFULLY it becomes a drop able pet sooner or later >.<

serhat
01-21-2013, 03:46 PM
i agree.. it cost too much but not better than shiloh

Lady_Pebbles
01-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Just because yall saw it at +15str doesn't mean we are hallucinating it being +25. I literally was on when the server message came up for the update and literally after hitting the play button, went to my stable, checked out its stats and bought it. I know its not something I -thought- I saw, its something I -know- I saw and obviously others have too so please stop debating whether it was always +15 or not. We already established it wasn't. Even -if- it could've been just a visual bug, its still messed up & they should have acknowledged that. Especially when its a pet that costs a hefty 250 plat.

Its like viewing a sales paper at a store with an add for an 8mp camera. Then when you buy it & open the package (package even says 8mp not 5mp), you end up with a 5mp camera... Ugh! LoL

Raxin
01-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Lol its a drop on elite first pirate boss. Cant wait

Avelynia
01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Didn't seem to me like people were arguing whether it was 15 or 25... they were just stating what they saw. Helps to make connections between why it may have appeared differently to others.

Personally, the buy button was active from the first time I checked the pet, and it showed 15+. Doesn't mean it didn't appear as 25+ to others though.

Steverd
01-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Freaken sucks... Ugh, wish they'd check things before releasing them. Hell even with +25 STR Ripmaw still needs better stuff. Smh.

I couldn't agree more. Especially at normally prices Ripmaw is what almost $40.00!!!!
How can you justify that at the current STATs?

quaziest
01-21-2013, 05:49 PM
I couldn't agree more. Especially at normally prices Ripmaw is what almost $40.00!!!!
How can you justify that at the current STATs?

+1 that almost one new game on my PS3 or XBOX360 :cower:

to me it should have been +30 STR w/ Shark's Fin soup!!!!

Vystirch
01-21-2013, 06:55 PM

i agree.. it cost too much but not better than shiloh

Lol its a drop on elite first pirate boss. Cant wait

If it is STS better refund......

quaziest
01-21-2013, 07:13 PM

If you do that ... you'll see a lot of people complaining how they got they RIPMAW for 250plat and scream "RIP OFF!!!"

abekrivy
01-21-2013, 08:15 PM
I remember seeing +25 too. Wish I'd never bought it. A total waste of platinum. Especially if it becomes a drop item.

drewcapu
01-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Maybe it's supposed to actually be +25 for 150 plat. :D

I haven't bought one, but would probably buy one if it said, "Candygram!" every time it chomped on something.

Arpee Marcos
01-21-2013, 08:51 PM
you are all wrong i saw +100 str , but i dont have plats to buy it :upset:

Raxin
01-21-2013, 08:53 PM

If you do that ... you'll see a lot of people complaining how they got they RIPMAW for 250plat and scream "RIP OFF!!!"
Like the people who bought snaggle for plat

Roastednuts
01-22-2013, 04:24 AM
Above anything else, my Ripmaw is at lvl20 now. I was shock to find that his base stats were the same as a legendary pet, eg: Flap Jack. Which has 88dmg and 11% critical. STS u won't be getting my hard earned money or plats that easily from now on. I mean seriously? What's the point of it been mythic, when its stats are the same as legendary pets..

parnasofication
01-22-2013, 05:40 AM
Remember people, snaggletooth was priced at 80platinum and sold for 2k gold at some point in time. Ripmaw was already announced as a preview for the next expansion, which means it is a loot-able pet. The 250 platinum price is for the privilege to get it earlier than others can, cause we all know base on its stats and attack that it's far from worth it for its price. I agree though that once the new expansion comes, Ripmaw should not drop or be sold in the plat store anymore. There could be a new version with a different color and better stats, but Ripmaw should be gone when that time comes. This way, people who bought it can be rest assured that their pet is exclusive, while those who can't afford it will sleep in peace knowing it is not an overpowered pet and feel that this game is becoming a rich man's game.

I believe that the target market for Ripmaw was not normal players to begin with, but instead those that are striving to stay on top of leaderboards before the season ends at any cost, hence the 250 platinum price. Those who bought it for its looks and exclusivity are just a bonus for the game owners. :)

KillaSkillz
01-22-2013, 06:10 AM
Never saw it above +15 STR. Anywho this is bound to happen. Seen it in other sts games. At some point ripmaw (plat pets) will be 50% off. Or at some point plat will be 50% off. Of if lucky (or unlucky) both will be at the same time and ripmaw will have an effective cost of 63 plat.
I still think it's too much though but that's me. For sure $20 for a in game purchase of one item that is not real and cannot be truely owned, is not something I will do.

I think it will get cheaper, or possibly recolored and droppable in the future (no way are they gonna let that animation programing go to waste on a one shot item. That's just my opinion based off of what has happened,in other STS games. I would be getting used to the idea that it's going to happen that way you won't be so mad when it does. Hey at least you have it first and it looks cool right?

I'm Siri
01-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Seriously!?!?
Not a single Devs reply for this thread????
Where Sam? G?

Wizard_Mike
01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
no way are they gonna let that animation programing go to waste on a one shot item.

Yeah, no kidding. It's too cool to not use more. I'm hoping there is an area in one of the new maps that has sharks circling around that attack the players evey so often. Perhaps during one of the new boss battles. It would be a pretty cool looking way to add environment damage.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Seriously!?!?
Where Sam? G?

Yesterday they were apparently on holiday, hopefully they reply to us today.

octavos
01-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Seriously!?!?
Where Sam? G?

They are reading it..they dont always reply. But obviously people want change since this is still on-going.

*Zero*
01-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Seriously!?!?
Where Sam? G?

I mean what do you think they're gonna do? I honestly don't think they will change it. Some say they same 25 most saw 15 str. Unless there was visible proof. On that note should it be buffed? I say no. Its a store bought pet (limited) sorta like the snowman. His stats wasn't great, but bought for looks. You also got a banner and title in that bundle too so 250 isn't that bad.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 11:07 AM
I mean what do you think they're gonna do? I honestly don't think they will change it. Some say they same 25 most saw 15 str. Unless there was visible proof. On that note should it be buffed? I say no. Its a store bought pet (limited) sorta like the snowman. His stats wasn't great, but bought for looks. You also got a banner and title in that bundle too so 250 isn't that bad.

The banner and the title were not linked to the shark. They could be obtained in the future by obtaining any mythic item.
Now on frost..... He was 25 plat, ripmaw is 10x the price! He should have better stats also......

Deadbite
01-22-2013, 11:09 AM
If it becomes lootable we are going to have the same reaction as PL when maps were made free. Still haven't got over it... And sts will lose alot of money along with players. But we know how STS views us longtime players. Changed so much from the small loving company to this...

Samhayne
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Hey everyone,

I wanted to follow up on the issue of some people saying they saw Ripmaw have a +25 to STR and then later finding him to actually have +15. I'm sorry, but I don't know where that started or how people formed the opinion that he had +25 to STR. Looking at the change history of Ripmaw in our design tools never shows him as having +25 STR in any internal build. He has always had +15 STR. We just wanted to clarify that.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone,

I wanted to follow up on the issue of some people saying they saw Ripmaw have a +25 to STR and then later finding him to actually have +15. I'm sorry, but I don't know where that started or how people formed the opinion that he had +25 to STR. Looking at the change history of Ripmaw in our design tools never shows him as having +25 STR in any internal build. He has always had +15 STR. We just wanted to clarify that.

Is he absolutely plat exclusive?

Astrocat
01-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Is he absolutely plat exclusive?

I guess he will drop at the new expansion. If it's expensive now, it's because you can show off with it, for having it before everyone else! And also, running in Kraag with a Shark, did you already see that? XD

Ladycandyheal
01-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I absolutely saw him as 25 STR Sam.

Question, why would a mythic pet not have enhanced stats??

Astrocat
01-22-2013, 03:19 PM
I absolutely saw him as 25 STR Sam.

Question, why would a mythic pet not have enhanced stats??

Look my post above, I guess it'll answer. :)

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Look my post above, I guess it'll answer. :)

That would make STS liars when they say he is plat exclusive. So then I would require a refund. I hope they truly keep it exclusive and limited.

Astrocat
01-22-2013, 03:28 PM
That would make STS liars when they say he is plat exclusive. So then I would require a refund. I hope they truly keep it exclusive and limited.

Now I have to agree. If they release the pet at the new expansion, they'll receive so many ''refund'' tickets..

itsmagic
01-22-2013, 03:33 PM
If it is STS better refund......

Yeah if it becomes drop please let me know.
Ill buy a ticket to come to the sts studio bcaus i like to get kissed before i get scrwd........

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Now I have to agree. If they release the pet at the new expansion, they'll receive so many ''refund'' tickets..
yep, and mine would be In That bunch of ticket.

Wb to forums btw Astro.

abekrivy
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
^^Count me in. As far as the +25, thats what i saw as well. I wouldn't have bought it if it only said +15.

Yoho
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Along with exclusivity, RIPMAW needs to be usable pet, mb not in this season (cause another mythic pets didn't come out yet for non-plat users :) ), but in next, 3rd season. That means stats above legendary (+5dmg/+2crit of legendaries' scale) and +25str instead of +15, cause this pet is rly useless for now (with +25str it can be a choice for warrior at least)

BodMaster
01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm 100% positive I seen it +25. Along with other members such as Ghost. I'm not going to lie, as I do not own one so I'm not trying to get it buffed, but do not like being called a liar.

I'm guessing it's connected to why it wasn't purchasable for some, and had to log out/close app, though personally it was purchasable from the start. (Logged in as soon as serves were back up)

Melodicdeath
01-22-2013, 04:18 PM
I hate to nit pick, but yeah...was expecting a little more for the price...250plat is rather steep....but I suppose the exclusive achievement and banner play a role in cost as well?.....Rip is certainly an attention getter to say the least haha....i had a crowd around me at cs asking me to have it do tricks and if they could feed it lol...

Astrocat
01-22-2013, 04:22 PM
I agree that 30 dollars for a virtual pet, is a bit expensive. Buffing the stats of the Shark is not a bad idea. :)

octavos
01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Hey everyone,

Really, it was the 1st pet I bought in new content released just seconds after. Sorry if it sounds like it was a lie..but it wasn't..in preview before you bought the pet it stated 25 STR (I was on Chrome the whole time). Now if I switch to different characters it does state 15 STR just like you say, but this is days after I bought the pet. Before that wasn't the case. Now before I purchase any "Exclusive Pet" I wil take screen shoots so this kind of stuff wont happen again. Im sorry but I would never state false stats if I didn't see it with my own little peepers. Obviously if it was 1 or 2 pople I would have doubt...but its not 1 or 2 people.

It must have been a bug in the preview of the pet and not actual coding and your intention of 15 STR.

Melodicdeath
01-22-2013, 04:27 PM
yep, and mine would be In That bunch of ticket.

Wb to forums btw Astro.

Yeah...I second that.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 04:30 PM
I hate to nit pick, but yeah...was expecting a little more for the price...250plat is rather steep....but I suppose the exclusive achievement and banner play a role in cost as well?.....Rip is certainly an attention getter to say the least haha....i had a crowd around me at cs asking me to have it do tricks and if they could feed it lol...

No the banner and title can be achieved by getting any mythic item in the future so I would not include this in the price...... But who knows it might come into effect if once the shark is discontinued(it better be) that mythic items are so rare that we have an advantage by already having a mythic pet.

Lalarie
01-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Lol, I might have a screen shot of ripmaw with 25... cause I took a pic of it sec I logged in to make signatures. I'll see if it says +25

Liquid Ice
01-22-2013, 04:35 PM
If the price is too steep for the pet, just don't buy it. It's a simple solution. He's there to show how deep your pockets are when it comes to AL and to see if people will truly buy anything whether it's good or not.

Liquid Ice
01-22-2013, 04:39 PM
No the banner and title can be achieved by getting any mythic item in the future so I would not include this in the price...... But who knows it might come into effect if once the shark is discontinued(it better be) that mythic items are so rare that we have an advantage by already having a mythic pet.

It puts people on top of the LB. If you wait for mythic items to drop, you lose that time where people can view you on top. Since it's*for a limited time, it might be taken down when mythic drops are available. Hence, for that short time someone is on the top of the LB and has that banner, he or she paid a hefty 250 for that time plus a mediocre pet.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 04:43 PM
It puts people on top of the LB. If you wait for mythic items to drop, you lose that time where people can view you on top. Since it's*for a limited time, it might be taken down when mythic drops are available. Hence, for that short time someone is on the top of the LB and has that banner, he or she paid a hefty 250 for that time plus a mediocre pet.

My point in a way. But who knows when lb season 2 will end?

If season 2 ends before there are any more mythic drops then it is something that could be included in the price. Otherwise I wouldn't include it in the price.

Justg
01-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Ripmaw was always 15 strength, period. He also has four perks, not 3 like most other pets.

Gonna close this one up to prevent any other misinformation... *clickety*