PDA

View Full Version : My opinions on AL PvP

azefekie
01-22-2013, 01:29 AM
A lot of people have given feedback on things we believe should change in AL pvp/ctf. The stun for one stays on way to long and that's if the opposing team doesn't keep a constant stun on you. Rouges are dashing through walls and pets are in the arena. Mages are being hit once and dying from rouges. Mages have no chance against a maxed out warrior with a heal shield simply not happening. I have tried all classes and same with a few others and we all see mages at the short end of the stick.

If you have an idea or solution post here.

Cero
01-22-2013, 01:39 AM
my opinion is play with a group/friends ive fought with 4-5mages in a groupand they are unstoppable. just now most people play by self. a lone mage can easily be picked.

mages are key in winning in a group fight
bcoz.of.the fireball that cancels charge.skills. which then makes most warrior's shield delayed.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Remember this is in beta plz.

azefekie
01-22-2013, 02:35 AM
i tend to get in trouble when i say something sarcastic, so i'll be nice. This isn't our first STS game and we know this is beta...please don't comment on here thinking I'm stupid. do it somewhere else ty

Ladycandyheal
01-22-2013, 04:53 AM
my opinion is play with a group/friends ive fought with 4-5mages in a groupand they are unstoppable. just now most people play by self. a lone mage can easily be picked.

mages are key in winning in a group fight
bcoz.of.the fireball that cancels charge.skills. which then makes most warrior's shield delayed.

I agree 100% because when I'm confronted by a group of mages who know what they are doing, my warrior is going to die unless team mates help me. They are deadly period when grouped up.

I noticed some have caught on to this but is hard to organize without team chat. Sadly, I see many a lone Mage while other Mage team mates don't group with them

azefekie
01-22-2013, 05:15 AM
Being in a group still has nothing to do with rouges one hitting mages

Rare
01-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Being in a group still has nothing to do with rouges one hitting mages

Rogues also one hit rogues. So its not just sorcerors.

Rot
01-22-2013, 09:30 AM
No one can one hit the mighty Warriors!

xcainnblecterx
01-22-2013, 10:09 AM
I agree aze, but it is beta. I understand you are saying that the feedback needs to be noted for the full release. Imo though there are some sorc builds coming out thats actually working.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 10:10 AM
i tend to get in trouble when i say something sarcastic, so i'll be nice. This isn't our first STS game and we know this is beta...please don't comment on here thinking I'm stupid. do it somewhere else ty

There is no slander in my sentence. If you feel offended then I am sry.

azefekie
01-22-2013, 01:07 PM
I do pretty well on my mage but the problem is right now that if you want to last longer you have to waste 2 of your 4 skill slots shield and heal. this limits toons and makes it boring if you have to rely on these 2 skills the entire time.
I agree aze, but it is beta. I understand you are saying that the feedback needs to be noted for the full release. Imo though there are some sorc builds coming out thats actually working.

Rare
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
I do pretty well on my mage but the problem is right now that if you want to last longer you have to waste 2 of your 4 skill slots shield and heal. this limits toons and makes it boring if you have to rely on these 2 skills the entire time.

In fairness we all have to "waste" points in skills to give us an advantage

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

wvhills
01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
i use to think mages got the short end of the stick but I've run into several today and last night that did really well. It seems like mages are figuring out some good builds now. I'm a rogue and I used to chase mages to get easy kills but we can't one hit them anymore with their shield activated then fireball or ice can take us down.

I feel like the classes are pretty balanced right now with warriors being on top, then rogues then mages shortly after rogues.

Like aedenos says, I also have to "waste" 4 skill points in passive mana and 20 stat points in int so I have enough mana to last for a while.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
i use to think mages got the short end of the stick but I've run into several today and last night that did really well. It seems like mages are figuring out some good builds now. I'm a rogue and I used to chase mages to get easy kills but we can't one hit them anymore with their shield activated then fireball or ice can take us down.

I feel like the classes are pretty balanced right now with warriors being on top, then rogues then mages shortly after rogues.

Like aedenos says, I also have to "waste" 4 skill points in passive mana and 20 stat points in int so I have enough mana to last for a while.

I think your analysis is correct. We are pretty balanced. Mages are just starting to find out what works.

Yakiniku
01-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Eh. There's always going to be a sorc that hides in the crowd and spams KS skills, and everyone will think that sorcs are good because of that. But really, some of the sorc cc isn't functioning properly, and I think that's what people are really complaining about. Sorc cc understandably got nerfed to prevent stunlocking, but it was a bit overdone IMHO. Fireball has an immunity period after impact, and ok to be honest that's justified. Frost only snares sometimes. Gale also only knocks down sometimes. Lightning, well that's advertised as a "chance" to stun if you use the skill point to enhance it, so ok no problem. Time Shift snares instead of roots, but devs warned us about that in advance, again no problem. But that's all sorcs get really.

With only one reliable stun and snares being pointless (thanks to skyward smash, axe throw and pretty much any rogue skill attack), you see more and more mages taking shield and heal because that's the only way to survive anybody's opening combo. Mage single target damage relies on a series of slow charged hits and they lack the armor and hp to stand toe to toe with any melee class. Not the best recipe for pvp. You run, or you die. But really, you can't run because like I said kiting just doesn't work in this game.

What's my point? TL;DR? Point is, rogues and warriors are fine as they are. Please, please leave them alone. I'm not going to complain about rogue burst damage and warriors that are impossible to kill, because that's what those classes are supposed to do. It's just that sorcs could use a tiny bit of help to make them more viable and not so dependent on others to survive. Give sorcs a little bit more reliable cc. Make them at least a little bit feared, instead of a walking kill point.

For what it's worth, I primarily pvp as a rogue and thoroughly enjoy it. But I would still like to see my favorite pve class get a little love too. Oh and yea, pets running around are kind of bs, but I'm hoping STS takes care of that one in the next patch.

Lalarie
01-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Eh. There's always going to be a sorc that hides in the crowd and spams KS skills, and everyone will think that sorcs are good because of that. But really, some of the sorc cc isn't functioning properly, and I think that's what people are really complaining about. Sorc cc understandably got nerfed to prevent stunlocking, but it was a bit overdone IMHO. Fireball has an immunity period after impact, and ok to be honest that's justified. Frost only snares sometimes. Gale also only knocks down sometimes. Lightning, well that's advertised as a "chance" to stun if you use the skill point to enhance it, so ok no problem. Time Shift snares instead of roots, but devs warned us about that in advance, again no problem. But that's all sorcs get really.

With only one reliable stun and snares being pointless (thanks to skyward smash, axe throw and pretty much any rogue skill attack), you see more and more mages taking shield and heal because that's the only way to survive anybody's opening combo. Mage single target damage relies on a series of slow charged hits and they lack the armor and hp to stand toe to toe with any melee class. Not the best recipe for pvp. You run, or you die. But really, you can't run because like I said kiting just doesn't work in this game.

What's my point? TL;DR? Point is, rogues and warriors are fine as they are. Please, please leave them alone. I'm not going to complain about rogue burst damage and warriors that are impossible to kill, because that's what those classes are supposed to do. It's just that sorcs could use a tiny bit of help to make them more viable and not so dependent on others to survive. Give sorcs a little bit more reliable cc. Make them at least a little bit feared, instead of a walking kill point.

For what it's worth, I primarily pvp as a rogue and thoroughly enjoy it. But I would still like to see my favorite pve class get a little love too. Oh and yea, pets running around are kind of bs, but I'm hoping STS takes care of that one in the next patch.

I like your idea to leave rouge and warriors alone. And just add some twinks to mages!

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
I like your idea to leave rouge and warriors alone. And just add some twinks to mages!

That has been my idea.

Uzii
01-22-2013, 04:02 PM

Isnt it better just to use hp or mana giving armor that cuts ur dmg but maybe in less amount (didnt tested) as when u put less skill points in dex..?

Yakiniku
01-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Isnt it better just to use hp or mana giving armor that cuts ur dmg but maybe in less amount (didnt tested) as when u put less skill points in dex..?

Maybe. But then you wouldn't be able to burst people down like what all the non-rogues are complaining about. :p

I just accept my lack of mana. I can go for two, maybe three encounters if I'm lucky. If I'm empty, I'm going to run with my group and try to go out with a bang lol. Otherwise, I also like to defend the flag runner. Flag runners (if it's not me) tend to be warriors, and they always seem to have mana for some reason. So if I see them skip the mana replenisher when they pick up the flag, I gobble that thing up quickly.

/edit I forgot to add that I do also enjoy running the flag if everyone else is too concerned with padding their kdr. That's another excuse to pick up the blue pill haha.

Cheeezburgler
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
I have also noticed that mages seem weak compared to other classes. Maybe the cool down time for the heal could be decreased. This would make mages last longer in fights and also make them a more important part of a team

Astrocat
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM

+ 1 x 25. So, +25 to this post. <3

Uzii
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Maybe. But then you wouldn't be able to burst people down like what all the non-rogues are complaining about. :p

I just accept my lack of mana. I can go for two, maybe three encounters if I'm lucky. If I'm empty, I'm going to run with my group and try to go out with a bang lol. Otherwise, I also like to defend the flag runner. Flag runners (if it's not me) tend to be warriors, and they always seem to have mana for some reason. So if I see them skip the mana replenisher when they pick up the flag, I gobble that thing up quickly.

/edit I forgot to add that I do also enjoy running the flag if everyone else is too concerned with padding their kdr. That's another excuse to pick up the blue pill haha.

What i ment is when u put points in mana or str u cut ur dmg perpetually but using hp mana armor specing full dex u loose dmg only temporaly till u switch back to dex one.

Lol yeah love that mana crosses too always run to them when im out of mana. It should be more then 2 as rouges run out of mana pretty fast and mages picks them up too. To kill a warrior takes eternity and im out of mana fast. Also u encounter many opponents on way to flag without mana i just spam normal attack or run to base to replenish whats very incovenient

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
+ 1 x 25. So, +25 to this post. <3

Lol, that would be wonder full to be 25 rep points larger, I'm 4 away from my next bar. Ty astro for the love <3

KevinSoniana
01-22-2013, 11:24 PM
So you don't think Rouge and Warrior need slots to heal?
I personally spend 2 skill points on Combat Medic.

Even the mighty warrior needs shield, I don't see why it's a waste for mage to get a shield or healing skill.

bluotaku
01-23-2013, 12:48 AM
I think what the OP was stating was that mages need both shield and heal to survive any kind of battle. First, that's 2 slots dedicated to survival -> less nukes and damage. Secondly, mages have to sink anywhere between 2 -5 points in those skills:at least 1 for heal and at least 1 for shield. Many mages probably put even more -> further reduces damage output.

I've learned and accepted that I'm not a killing machine. I follow rogues, stun for them, and try to go for the KS =P

Destructible
01-23-2013, 01:35 AM
Compare Birds and Pure Mages in end-game PL pvp. I don't see how that's much different from AL.

azefekie
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
So you don't think Rouge and Warrior need slots to heal?
I personally spend 2 skill points on Combat Medic.

Even the mighty warrior needs shield, I don't see why it's a waste for mage to get a shield or healing skill.the difference is dmg, Rouges are criting 2k thats a death for almost all mages, warriors are hitting at 200-300 maybe more on some, thats any easy kill if you find the right mage (alone). while a mage is hitting the same on a tank for the most part... thats trash. one thing i have noticed is with pets in the room there is definitely a difference from someone who has one and doesn't(obviously). I'm at the point where i think it would be balanced completely if they allowed pets on pvp/ctf but without the use of their arcane special.

azefekie
01-23-2013, 12:03 PM
lol
I think what the OP was stating was that mages need both shield and heal to survive any kind of battle. First, that's 2 slots dedicated to survival -> less nukes and damage. Secondly, mages have to sink anywhere between 2 -5 points in those skills:at least 1 for heal and at least 1 for shield. Many mages probably put even more -> further reduces damage output.

I've learned and accepted that I'm not a killing machine. I follow rogues, stun for them, and try to go for the KS =P