PDA

View Full Version : Minor question about sword & shield

Wizard_Mike
01-22-2013, 11:27 AM
This is pretty minor, but I figured I would ask.

When I equip a sword & shield, my warrior is shown to be holding the sword down by his side in the inventory page. But my character never actually holds his sword like that in the game. He only looks this way on the inventory page, CS preview, etc.

I personally like the one handed sword being held down by the side, like it shows in the equip previews. Carrying a small sword over his shoulder looks kind of silly. As if the short sword was sooooo heavy, lol. It's almost like seeing those folks at my university who use a dolly to carry around two text books, heh.

Anyways, like I said, it's pretty minor. Not a big deal at all. I was just wondering if the devs intended to make the way warriors hold one handed swords match the way it shows in the preview. Perhaps they intended to (explaining why it's like that when previewing armor), but put it aside to work on more important things?

Just curious is all, really.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 11:30 AM
This is pretty minor, but I figured I would ask.

When I equip a sword & shield, my warrior is shown to be holding the sword down by his side in the inventory page. But my character never actually holds his sword like that in the game. He only looks this way on the inventory page, CS preview, etc.

I personally like the one handed sword being held down by the side, like it shows in the equip previews. Carrying a small sword over his shoulder looks kind of silly. As if the short sword was sooooo heavy, lol. It's almost like seeing those folks at my university who use a dolly to carry around two text books, heh.

Anyways, like I said, it's pretty minor. Not a big deal at all. I was just wondering if the devs intended to make the way warriors hold one handed swords match the way it shows in the preview. Perhaps they intended to (explaining why it's like that when previewing armor), but put it aside to work on more important things?

Just curious is all, really.

Minor but makes sense.

Fluffysox
01-23-2013, 04:51 PM
I think they just used the two handed sword model to cut down on some work