PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on PvP

Astrocat
01-22-2013, 03:06 PM
I have many things to say, and if some of you don't agree, it's natural.

First thing is, my view on PvP. I listen to a lot people, and I take notes. I then try myself to find out, and I take notes too. The main thing I see, is ''Don't nerf me, but nerf the enemies''. This, is not how PvP works in my opinion. But, there is facts,

The warrior, is a character made to survive, and last longer in battles, but with low damage/DPS. In PvP, all I hear is ''Warrior is so OP, they need nerf''. They do need nerf, but they also need buff. Warrior shouldn't be able to stun opponents. They need to nerf the stun and health a little bit. Buff the mana, and armor just a little. Why? Because, YES a good rogue can 1 shot kill a warrior with 3000+ health. Like I said, warriors are here to survive and last longer, but with low damage. But, this is not what's going on. Even 4000 health wouldn't help. They get killed way too easily by rogues.

The rogue, indeed, needs a good nerf, BUT also a buff. Nerf the critical stats and aimed shot. Why? Rogues are all over the Leader Boards, other characters doesn't stand a chance (especially warriors). Again why? Rogues keep stealing your kills. Yes, they do. Example, a fight between 2 warriors, few minutes of fight, one nearly dying, and done, a rogue comes and steal your kill. I know you agree, look at the Leader Boards. Rogues hitting 7500+ kills already. They also kill too fast. The main thing is that the rogue is OP for one reason: Razor Shield on, Aimed Shot, Heal and you're dead in no time without hurting the Rogue.

Man, how can people say that Sorcerers need nerf? I am not even a Sorcerer, but I can see they need a buff and not a nerf. How can people say that Sorcerers are OP? They need a beautiful buff. Can't say a lot since i'm not one, but all I say, is that I support them.

PvP, itself: I've said this many times, and all agreed: ''It's not a skill based battle, but a time based battle''.

Okey, my PvP words are done. Now, let's talk about Leader Boards,

It's sad for me to talk about it, but I feel like I need to. Again, here comes the Rogues. Wait, I have nothing against you, Rogues. But I do have something against what they do. They just ruin the Leader Board experience. No offense, I just say my point of view! Why? Look at the Leader Boards, if it's not in ''Sorcerer'' or ''Warrior'' sections, it's all Rogues. All timed runs, all Elites, all CTF kills, ROGUES. How can we have a chance? Sorcerers can, with a good team or so, but warriors? They have been erased in my opinion. This needs a change, or, at least, a little help?

Now, a last word, but pointing at me and all 0 death characters.

I know a lot of you don't know the point of a 0 death toon, and some also think it's ''lame'' or ''ridiculous''. I'll tell you why I am one.
I can challenge myself, see how far I can go, how much I can achieve, and also because it's your character, so you play the way you feel, want, and like. Now, it's a question to the developers, where I am just wondering if there is any consideration or a sort of way to congratulate these characters. Why? Look, I am not bragging, I give details since i'm asking. At the moment, I have done 100% of the achievements (not counting the PvP). All Elite bosses killed, all done. All, with still 0 death. This is not challenging? This is not easy. I am also Number 2 on Top Warriors with 8500 achievement (ATM) all with 0 death. Again, not bragging. My KD/R is 57000 kills with 0 death. Now, I am just asking if 0 death characters on Leader Boards, would be able to get a banner, or anything to congratulate? If not, no problem.

Last thing, I think (I am not the only one) that everyone on Leader Boards at the end of a season should be granted the banner since being on Leader Boards is not easy at all. It's hard work, and takes a lot of time. Do you know how many players there is in total in Arcane Legends? Being in the 25 top players, is just amazing (IMO)! :)

Anyways, all that being said, I welcome constructive feedback/posts, but please, no posts like ''Lame'' or ''You just want this for you'' etc. You get my point. Thanks for reading, I hope it wasn't too long? :)

STS, you made an amazing work for CTF, it's really fun! <3

Lowlyspy
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Rogues beat warriors? My build must be odd then because i don't have much trouble with rogues on my warrior. Albeit i mean 1v1, sometimes 1v2.

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM

i agree and don't, so here it goes

First thing is, my view on PvP. I listen to a lot people, and I take notes. I then try myself to find out, and I take notes too. The main thing I see, is ''Don't nerf me, but nerf the enemies''. This, is not how PvP works in my opinion. But, there is facts,

yes this all people are saying, and it makes people mad and conflicts Insue

The warrior, is a character made to survive, and last longer in battles, but with low damage/DPS. In PvP, all I hear is ''Warrior is so OP, they need nerf''. They do need nerf, but they also need buff. Warrior shouldn't be able to stun opponents. They need to nerf the stun and health a little bit. Buff the mana, and armor just a little. Why? Because, YES a good rogue can 1 shot kill a warrior with 3000+ health. Like I said, warriors are here to survive and last longer, but with low damage. But, this is not what's going on. Even 4000 health wouldn't help. They get killed way too easily by rogues.

yes, this is what should happen with warriors.

The rogue, indeed, needs a good nerf, BUT also a buff. Nerf the critical stats and aimed shot. Why? Rogues are all over the Leader Boards, other characters doesn't stand a chance (especially warriors). Again why? Rogues keep stealing your kills. Yes, they do. Example, a fight between 2 warriors, few minutes of fight, one nearly dying, and done, a rogue comes and steal your kill. I know you agree, look at the Leader Boards. Rogues hitting 7500+ kills already. They also kill too fast. The main thing is that the rogue is OP for one reason: Razor Shield on, Aimed Shot, Heal and you're dead in no time without hurting the Rogue.

im not sure I agree. Rouges can kill one or two people if lucky, but the they have no mana. Without the mana they die at the next conflict. I would rather see rouges crit and aim shot stay the same. Just give warriors and mages more armor, as they deserve. I always thought it was wierd rogues had more armor than mages.

Man, how can people say that Sorcerers need nerf? I am not even a Sorcerer, but I can see they need a buff and not a nerf. How can people say that Sorcerers are OP? They need a beautiful buff. Can't say a lot since i'm not one, but all I say, is that I support them.

yes mages CAN be op but it takes patients and practice from the player. They could use a buff in defense for sure and dodge, not hp. I mean they are so small they should be able to dodge well.

PvP, itself: I've said this many times, and all agreed: ''It's not a skill based battle, but a time based battle''.

its a bit of both In my honest opinion.

sure lets

It's sad for me to talk about it, but I feel like I need to. Again, here comes the Rogues. Wait, I have nothing against you, Rogues. But I do have something against what they do. They just ruin the Leader Board experience. No offense, I just say my point of view! Why? Look at the Leader Boards, if it's not in ''Sorcerer'' or ''Warrior'' sections, it's all Rogues. All timed runs, all Elites, all CTF kills, ROGUES. How can we have a chance? Sorcerers can, with a good team or so, but warriors? They have been erased in my opinion. This needs a change, or, at least, a little help?

i think every lb should have the classes split up. Now with timed runs this is not gonna be easy. But I think some of the classes will come to there own as the game progresses.

I know a lot of you don't know the point of a 0 death toon, and some also think it's ''lame'' or ''ridiculous''. I'll tell you why I am one.
I can challenge myself, see how far I can go, how much I can achieve, and also because it's your character, so you play the way you feel, want, and like. Now, it's a question to the developers, where I am just wondering if there is any consideration or a sort of way to congratulate these characters. Why? Look, I am not bragging, I give details since i'm asking. At the moment, I have done 100% of the achievements (not counting the PvP). All Elite bosses killed, all done. All, with still 0 death. This is not challenging? This is not easy. I am also Number 2 on Top Warriors with 8500 achievement (ATM) all with 0 death. Again, not bragging. My KD/R is 57000 kills with 0 death. Now, I am just asking if 0 death characters on Leader Boards, would be able to get a banner, or anything to congratulate? If not, no problem.

congrats, I don't see why not, I defiantly wouldn't try for it.

Last thing, I think (I am not the only one) that everyone on Leader Boards at the end of a season should be granted the banner since being on Leader Boards is not easy at all. It's hard work, and takes a lot of time. Do you know how many players there is in total in Arcane Legends? Being in the 25 top players, is just amazing (IMO)! :)

ikr! I like being on there but the importance has dropped to me. The top 25 should get it. After all they said AL had like 4mil downloads so far. So the is at least 25 out of 4mil players who get a banner. And STS you don't need 25 different banners just a 1st place banner and then 24 runner up banners.

Anyways, all that being said, I welcome constructive feedback/posts, but please, no posts like ''Lame'' or ''You just want this for you'' etc. You get my point. Thanks for reading, I hope it wasn't too long? :)

constructive feedback given above. No it wasn't.

Yes u have STS!

my answers above In bold and underlined

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Rogues beat warriors? My build must be odd then because i don't have much trouble with rogues on my warrior. Albeit i mean 1v1, sometimes 1v2.

There are warriors that are very powerful I know some in my guild.

Astrocat
01-22-2013, 03:27 PM
my answers above In bold and underlined

Perfect. Love it! Made me laugh (the humor you've put it) and also agree with rogue situation. Thanks for that Vys :)

Vystirch
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Perfect. Love it! Made me laugh (the humor you've put it) and also agree with rogue situation. Thanks for that Vys :)

Glad you like, I have been thinking and playing PvP from all three classes perspective.

Astrocat
01-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Why moved and title changed? This thread ain't about my PvP thoughts.... :(

csyui
01-22-2013, 08:51 PM
I agree with most parts.:victorious:

*Zero*
01-23-2013, 07:29 AM
I have no trouble with rogues, sorcs or other warriors. If players would learn to work as a team and not try to be a hero and farm kills and win the game. As far as nerfs and buffs rogues aimed shot needs a longer cool down. 3 seconds is too high for that damage. Solo sorcs are weak but you get 2-3 its over, they are tough then.

Xman
01-23-2013, 12:48 PM
3 seconds is too high for that damage.

Actually it's 2 seconds now :D

xcainnblecterx
01-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Hope the devs read this post. I think its the most constructive one ive.seen gf

Dragonrider023
01-23-2013, 08:48 PM
i knew that i should have picked rogue instead

Dreuefesie
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM

Can't disagree with anything there!

I'm annoyed with rogues stealing warriors' kills too :P sit there for ages trying and trying then a wild rogue appears. BAM that kill you wanted is gone...

I would love to be able to have a better K/D on my warrior in PVP but IDK if its my build, gear or what but I can see it happening for a bit. Maybe the game isn't ready for my noobness?

Enisceloz
01-23-2013, 11:48 PM
What really grinds my gears is when you have your whole team behind you. You are the first to initiate battle with a charged HoR, start attacking, there's a royal rumble in the middle of the map. You win the rumble (atleast my groups always do lol) your near death you look at your chat box and buwaaaalaaaa!!..you have no kills lol!! Sacrifice your body for nothing, but I guess that's your job as a tank.

Dreuefesie
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
What really grinds my gears is when you have your whole team behind you. You are the first to initiate battle with a charged HoR, start attacking, there's a royal rumble in the middle of the map. You win the rumble (atleast my groups always do lol) your near death you look at your chat box and buwaaaalaaaa!!..you have no kills lol!! Sacrifice your body for nothing, but I guess that's your job as a tank.

But you want some sought of reward for your efforts not just seeing that the rogue or mage has just racked up a nice amount of kills...lol

Vystirch
01-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Can't disagree with anything there!

I'm annoyed with rogues stealing warriors' kills too :P sit there for ages trying and trying then a wild rogue appears. BAM that kill you wanted is gone...

I would love to be able to have a better K/D on my warrior in PVP but IDK if its my build, gear or what but I can see it happening for a bit. Maybe the game isn't ready for my noobness?

I'm annoyed at how I can't keep up with warrior flag carries.....

KR1T1K4L
01-24-2013, 01:59 PM

LOL What would a Warrior do with more mana? I've totally lost respect in this guys answers.

Astrocat
01-24-2013, 02:12 PM

LOL What would a Warrior do with more mana? I've totally lost respect in this guys answers.

He would be more able to kill.

Vystirch
01-24-2013, 05:07 PM
He would be more able to kill.

Not sure but it would be interesting. Iam starting to melo out a d go back to my belief that all the classes are balanced and that just tweaks are needed.

Astrocat
01-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Not sure but it would be interesting. Iam starting to melo out a d go back to my belief that all the classes are balanced and that just tweaks are needed.

I have good gear for PvP, but mana is at 270!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

currycrab
01-24-2013, 06:55 PM
For warrior to die at rogue 1 hit ko, it happen if they are having low def. I have warrior with 1,000+ def and 3,400+ hp. Without buff, rogue could hit most 1/2 of my health. I tried after the "tuning", rogue hit 1.3k damage. Damage is deal by the rogue which has high critical (25%+) and high dps (260+) and with the correct build.

Time base attack are highly depend on your skill. Even my warrior with buff that gave 4.4k HP and 1k def, if my timing is wrong and i landed into a team of enemies, I will die (unless the opponent team has no high dps toon).

As for rogue, no matter what situation, it will never 1 hit ko warrior (unless the warrior does not equip decent items or dex / int warrior). I tried on my rogue and it take at least 3-4 charged aim shot before bringing it down by 1v1. Not forgetting, mana run out faster than any one could think of. Being able to use 3-4 aim shot, that require time to recharge the mana.

When i am in my rogue, timing play a big part. If it is wrong timing, death is awaiting for me.

There is no prefect toon and no prefect build. It depend on team work and how are you going to play it.

P.S. this is after the "tuning" has been carried out, for sorc, i am trying it out.

So far the build are balance for all class

bubble
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM
I just checked out the lb. Warriors seem to dominate captures. Is there a problem there too?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Astrocat
01-25-2013, 12:03 PM
I just checked out the lb. Warriors seem to dominate captures. Is there a problem there too?

CTF flags, warrior. All the rest of LB, Rogues.

bubble
01-25-2013, 12:17 PM
I thoght mage had the guy with 1mil kills? I dun understand. Thought we were talking ctf

bubble
01-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I think 1 vs 1 will be the true balancing

Vystirch
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Ok to see if everything is balanced sts should half all dmg and dps values in PvP.