View Full Version : Vanity Slot - Scabby's Prince Pappy Cap

Nightarcher
09-23-2010, 06:29 PM
I purchased the purple-colored archer helm a while ago because it looks nice and I wear it in town. However, it doesn't show up under the Vanity Slot.

Is this the case for orther DEX Platinum helms? Or any other Platinum Helms for that matter? Or does the system just have it out for me?

Either way, I would like this fixed soon please. ;)

Futumsh
09-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Items with stats are not vanity slot items.

vulgarstrike
09-23-2010, 07:43 PM
I believe that vanity items are marked with blue, and pappy caps are normal items

Nightarcher
09-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Well this sucks. I bought the Pappy Cap from the Platimun store for looks...

A suggestion: make a stat-less version of each unique Platinum helmet so you can wear it in the vanity slot. Or add the ability to wear any helmet in the vanity slot while not applying it's stats. It will make many people more happy.

Royce
09-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I did not expect to be able to equip my open face helm as a vanity item, but honestly, that's why I bought it. All the new plat helms are effectively vanity items since their stats do not compare to any of the helms people actually wear. I don't know what a solution could be. Someone in chat earlier suggested that any helm should be able to occupy either the helm or vanity slot, and I don't think something like that would work. I just wanted to mention nightarcher is not alone, lot of people have been talking about how the plat helms should all be vanity.

Nightarcher
09-23-2010, 08:23 PM
I was expecting all helms to be able to be vanity, and I guess other people misunderstood the 1.4.1 description earlier too.

Thanks for the input Royce. Sometimes I forget the time and effort it takes the Devs to implement our ideas and feedback too. The simplest idea would probably be stateless versions in the Customizations section, but then again, I don't know how hard the other ideas would be to implement. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

FluffNStuff
09-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I did not expect to be able to equip my open face helm as a vanity item, but honestly, that's why I bought it. All the new plat helms are effectively vanity items since their stats do not compare to any of the helms people actually wear. I don't know what a solution could be. Someone in chat earlier suggested that any helm should be able to occupy either the helm or vanity slot, and I don't think something like that would work. I just wanted to mention nightarcher is not alone, lot of people have been talking about how the plat helms should all be vanity.

That would work, simple solution is no stat bonus or armor can be gained by a helm in the Vanity slot.

Royce
09-23-2010, 08:34 PM
That would work, simple solution is no stat bonus or armor can be gained by a helm in the Vanity slot.

I guess it just seems messy to me, but maybe you're right...

setec
09-23-2010, 10:41 PM
For Devs: Also, just a note on Vanity Helms - since they are now indeed vanity items, should they still display "Armor 1" on their stats?