PDA

View Full Version : players need to cross finish line to earn hauntlet coins

chitgoks
01-23-2013, 03:11 AM
this is frustrating, seeing other players just idle still get hauntlet coins . . . . . . . . .

Astrocat
01-23-2013, 04:28 AM
Yes, that's the whole point my friend. If you want the coin, you have to cross the line first, or let one of your team mates to cross it, and you will automatically receive the coin. For the haunted title, only first one to cross the line under 90 seconds, gets the title, with the achievement. :)

Liquid Ice
01-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Yes, that's the whole point my friend. If you want the coin, you have to cross the line first, or let one of your team mates to cross it, and you will automatically receive the coin. For the haunted title, only first one to cross the line under 90 seconds, gets the title, with the achievement. :)

Which allows for easy afk. This shouldn't be allowed. I wouldn't mind the hauntlet achievement because that usually requires one person to run ahead. But everyone should have to cross to receive the coin. The time can still be set by the first but everyone must cross to get it. Every quick game I run, there's at least one afk there just to get the coin and leave, never even coming out of the first gate. Needs to be fixed.

Yakiniku
01-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Haven't done the Hauntlet grind in a while, but yea I remember being pleased when they made this change. But that's only because I do pull my weight and actually finish the instance in the boss room.

If people are afk'ing through Hauntlet now, then that's bs and it should probably be changed back.

Valsacar
01-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Huh? I rarely cross the finish and get the coin each time. After the boss dies, unless I'm the closest to the finish line, I just wait for someone to cross and then pop out.

-kyleww
01-23-2013, 06:03 PM
An easy fix could be to earn the hauntlet coin, you need to be in the final room when they cross the line.

chitgoks
01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
yes @liquid ice, that is exactly my point. letting others do the attacking, getting killed, using potions and all while some players just idle and leave hauntlet once they receive the coin.

should not be allowed. @kyleww's suggestion is okay but maybe perhaps to get the coin, you have to pass through the final room

at least the player is forced to move his character rather than just idle

Liquid Ice
01-23-2013, 08:31 PM
It seems like there is an overall general confusion. The OP and I do not like that the coin is awarded to everyone based on only one person crossing. For example, if three characters never leave the first gate and the other completes the hauntlet on his or her own, those three that did nothing still get the coin. It shouldn't be that way.

Now I agree that when the first person crosses the line, the finish time is set, but at least make the other three run to the finish line or be in the boss area to get the coin. They shouldn't get it for not even leaving that first initial red gate.

I hope that clears up the issue that the OP started, following up with my agreement.

Destructible
01-23-2013, 09:15 PM
If it works in a way that only the person that finishes first gets the coin, then who do you think will stay back and clear the creeps and boss? I strongly disagree with this alternative. The best we can do in my opinion is to just wait till STS releases a host and boot feature for maps.

Avelynia
01-23-2013, 09:26 PM
If it works in a way that only the person that finishes first gets the coin, then who do you think will stay back and clear the creeps and boss? I strongly disagree with this alternative. The best we can do in my opinion is to just wait till STS releases a host and boot feature for maps.

I don't believe this is the proposed alternative given by the OP in this thread - I think they were addressing the issue of people going AFK or remaining idle in the front area or one of the earlier rooms, and allowing the rest of the party to complete the hauntlet and cross the finish line thus awarding all of them points. To combat that it was suggested that all members who participate actively (either by crossing the finish lines themselves, or at least being in the last room) get the coin but those who are clearly taking advantage would not (so its not just the first who crosses, but all who do regardless of order).

ETA: typo correction

Liquid Ice
01-24-2013, 06:21 AM
I don't believe this is the proposed alternative given by the OP in this thread - I think they were addressing the issue of people going AFK or remaining idle in the front area or one of the earlier rooms, and allowing the rest of the party to complete the hauntlet and cross the finish line thus awarding all of them points. To combat that it was suggested that all members who participate actively (either by crossing the finish lines themselves, or at least being in the last room) get the coin but those who are clearly taking advantage would not (so its not just the first who crosses, but all who do regardless of order).

This is correct.

chitgoks
01-24-2013, 07:44 AM
What i do is attract enemies and lead them to portal and teleport out.

That way theyll kill the one idling. Haha

Liquid Ice
02-01-2013, 06:38 AM
I'm bringing this thread back to life. It seems it would be an easy fix and it still happens on a daily basis.

SuRfY
02-01-2013, 07:59 AM
What i do is attract enemies and lead them to portal and teleport out.

That way theyll kill the one idling. Haha

That's what i do frequently too..i think i ran with u once and there is a warrior afk...lol...from cglinturkler or something...