PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, CTF is actually kinda balanced.

Testi
01-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Every class has come into this forum whining that every other class is over powered. That's a pretty good sign balance is okay.

A good compromise is one in which each party leaves unhappy.

Some players are just better at the game. I've lost 1v1 fights with Sorcs, Rogues, and Warriors. I've won them also. I've smashed 2 rogues at once, I've smashed Rogue and Sorc together, I've even smashed 3 warriors together and also I've been smashed. Seems pretty fair to me.

smeagolette
01-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Agreed.

xcainnblecterx
01-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Have to disagree. Im not complaining, but being one hitted is not balance. Id prefer more challenge then a copy of dls pvp style and pls balance. There's a reason people are quitting the pvp in pl. We dont need that kinda game play for a game thats trying be above the other legends games

Xman
01-23-2013, 07:38 PM
sorry but have u seen anyone (rogue or War) saying that mage is OP?

Cashews
01-23-2013, 07:45 PM
mage is OP

xcainnblecterx
01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Why thank you, but i have to be moddest were really harmless

Rasittt
01-23-2013, 10:46 PM
I disagree..Balance doesn't necessarily mean you could win against a class, and also lose against a class in different occasions..A rogue shouldn't be able to 2 hit a 900+ armored warrior...A rogue shouldn't be able to have 1000+ damage on a warrior with 1 skill..
A lot of people are actually complaining about how warriors have the advantage but it's the opposite..In pvp, there isn't a huge difference between 600 or 900 armor..Your dps easily makes up for it, speaking of rogues and mages..Warriors are a total waste at pvp..
If i have the best gear and skills; I should be able to jump into couple of opponents and get out with success but never mind them being good, even 3 noob rogues with sucky gear can take down a warrior..

Imwatchingyou
01-23-2013, 11:02 PM
I love the long fights in CTF. You literally needs to work yourself to achieve the goal. However, I hope they take this idea into consideration:

Map types: A maze. The cross like in CTF is alright but it can be better.
Climb the tower style sort of like Tower of Deruga
Traps maybe? hehehe

Just throwing it out there. One thing this game deeply needs is the camera rotation. Hard to see the left and back side of the screen.

Jcyee
01-23-2013, 11:46 PM
mage is OP

I had never seen anyone say that a sorcerer is op before this haha ;)

Rot
01-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo many complaints

Rasittt
01-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo many complaints

let me guess, you're a rogue

Dreuefesie
01-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Every class has come into this forum whining that every other class is over powered. That's a pretty good sign balance is okay.

Some players are just better at the game. I've lost 1v1 fights with Sorcs, Rogues, and Warriors. I've won them also. I've smashed 2 rogues at once, I've smashed Rogue and Sorc together, I've even smashed 3 warriors together and also I've been smashed. Seems pretty fair to me.

Are you a rogue?

birdmasta
01-24-2013, 12:18 AM
mages can own, warriors can own, rogues can own. it all depends on u. rogues just seem stronger bcuz no one actually plays the other two classes and dump money in them. all warriors and sorcerors out there are mostly new players. ppl dump a lotta money in rogue bcuz in pve they saw the crit rogues can do. mages can own with right stun and warriors have great dmg as well (windmill so annoying) just matters on how much money u put into it (100k pretty good for a rogue) and ur skill (like when to charge ur REGULAR attack which can be very useful)

Testi
01-24-2013, 12:21 AM
My main char is Warrior. Which was actually very poor at pvp with my pve build. Now, with a proper and dialed in pvp build I'm quite satisfied with it.

Noone should expect to jump in the middle of a few enemies and make it out alive. If you do, feel lucky.

A few rogues have mastered a 1 hit kill, most have not. That particulare 1hit kill is a bug being exploited. There is no reason to nerf an entire class due to a few folks with no integrity.

Mages, respec and actually utilise your skills. Bet your k/d changes.

birdmasta
01-24-2013, 12:23 AM
@Testi i dont think its a buff... its the insane crit rogues have like 15% crit (with good gear) base at lvl 16 with aimed shot they might be able to get 250% EXTRA dmg... thats y they can hit 1000-2000

Lady_Pebbles
01-24-2013, 01:28 AM
Warriors have an Axe that stuns & pulls us in giving one hit kills. Also a chest that stuns lololol. Yet another way for Tanks to one hit kill my Mage and Rogue. LMAO! Its bad enough Rogues one hit kill both of my toons a lot and Warriors already have Skyward Smash plus Windmill that give one/two hit kills lol. Literally things went from bad to worse lol.

Tired of PUGs that 9/10 are filled with players running all over the place instead of together to get the flag lololol. Wasting plat on a TEST RUN PvP system when it should've been free respecs lol. Then theres a PUG with one side all Tanks (maybe a Rogue or two, or a Mage hidding behind Tanks cuz thats all Mages can do to get some type of kills in with minimal deaths lol.)... and the other a mix of classes, the team with all Tanks use the skills and weaponry above or other weapons yet still pwn with one shots (by Tanks or Rogues) but get killed after most players on the other team die like 6 times each LOL. Its ridiculous. Only time I've seen a one shot kill by a Mage is when their opponent is on very low hp lol.

Smh, Im seriously considering respecing one last time, back to my PvE build on my Mage and wait until they give us a TRULY balanced PvP on its official release lmao.

Vystirch
01-24-2013, 01:31 AM
I disagree..Balance doesn't necessarily mean you could win against a class, and also lose against a class in different occasions..A rogue shouldn't be able to 2 hit a 900+ armored warrior...A rogue shouldn't be able to have 1000+ damage on a warrior with 1 skill..
A lot of people are actually complaining about how warriors have the advantage but it's the opposite..In pvp, there isn't a huge difference between 600 or 900 armor..Your dps easily makes up for it, speaking of rogues and mages..Warriors are a total waste at pvp..
If i have the best gear and skills; I should be able to jump into couple of opponents and get out with success but never mind them being good, even 3 noob rogues with sucky gear can take down a warrior..

Well then a warrior shouldn't have the ability to have a ton of life and be invincible for 2sec.

Do you see what I'm sayin? You can't just through the class out the window.

currycrab
01-24-2013, 02:17 AM
Warrior has moderate defense and able to hit on moderate damage.

I seen warrior focusing in attack so much that they depend on other warriors for healing.

I have been in situations whereby 2 or warrior vs the same amount of warrior.

In the conclusion, I only saw that I am the only one that bother to heal, well I lost in the end.

Pvp depend highly on team work. If one has too high ego, this will ruin it.

I had tried full tank warrior before. It is hardy to die but I had solo it too much and caused a loss.

Same goes for my rogue. I have to stick together with the rest. If I have solo, I will face death easily.

For Mage, I still trying to level and I am glad that sts remove pet from pvp. I thought of getting 2 chest of platinum once I hit level 21 for Colton is good mage gear. Now I am looking back, sts helped me to save my usd 160. Pets have become useless and worth less.

ikavli
01-24-2013, 02:23 AM

Ironic much?

ikavli
01-24-2013, 02:27 AM
Warriors have an Axe that stuns & pulls us in giving one hit kills. Also a chest that stuns lololol. Yet another way for Tanks to one hit kill my Mage and Rogue. LMAO! Its bad enough Rogues one hit kill both of my toons a lot and Warriors already have Skyward Smash plus Windmill that give one/two hit kills lol. Literally things went from bad to worse lol.

Tired of PUGs that 9/10 are filled with players running all over the place instead of together to get the flag lololol. Wasting plat on a TEST RUN PvP system when it should've been free respecs lol. Then theres a PUG with one side all Tanks (maybe a Rogue or two, or a Mage hidding behind Tanks cuz thats all Mages can do to get some type of kills in with minimal deaths lol.)... and the other a mix of classes, the team with all Tanks use the skills and weaponry above or other weapons yet still pwn with one shots (by Tanks or Rogues) but get killed after most players on the other team die like 6 times each LOL. Its ridiculous. Only time I've seen a one shot kill by a Mage is when their opponent is on very low hp lol.

Smh, Im seriously considering respecing one last time, back to my PvE build on my Mage and wait until they give us a TRULY balanced PvP on its official release lmao.

Agreed, and sts should reset pvp stats when the beta is over

ikavli
01-24-2013, 02:31 AM
mages can own, warriors can own, rogues can own. it all depends on u. rogues just seem stronger bcuz no one actually plays the other two classes and dump money in them. all warriors and sorcerors out there are mostly new players. ppl dump a lotta money in rogue bcuz in pve they saw the crit rogues can do. mages can own with right stun and warriors have great dmg as well (windmill so annoying) just matters on how much money u put into it (100k pretty good for a rogue) and ur skill (like when to charge ur REGULAR attack which can be very useful)

Lies!! Lol
I dont think, if they were new people, they wouldnt complain about unbalanced pvp (cause it is)
A new player would only think he sucked

Energizeric
01-24-2013, 03:38 AM
A quick look at the PvP leaderboards tells the story. 24 of the top 25 players are rogues. The only non-rogue in the top 25 is the top warrior which is #24 on the list. The top sorcerer would probably be #50 or #60 if the list was long enough.

Cero
01-24-2013, 04:42 AM
yes pvp is "kinda balance"

ok. we all know that all class can be 1-3hits by a rogue. but what people dont know or ignored is that the game can be "kinda balance" if you play by team work. Team work is the key to overcome the almighty 1hitter rogues.

why would you go alone if you can have a help from the team?
no team? im pretty sure you got tons of friends that can fight. Or make a friend with someone who is good. simple right?
a good group can own that 1hitter rogue.

If you guys stay here and cry more because you put all your hopes for STS to balance game. Then it will never ends until whoever knows when they can balance it.
I heard that PL which is older than AL hasnt realy been balance in pvp.

hate this? its up to you. its just my point of view...

smeagolette
01-24-2013, 07:53 AM
If warriors would focus on getting the flag instead of kills they wouldnt be so unhappy. As a rogue I don't get many flags so no achievements there for me, same goes for warrior when it comes to kills.

Testi
01-24-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm utterly amazed at the folks complaining that the game metrics force you to play as a team.

It just seems some people would rather complain than find a build that works, combine that with a strategy and win.

I said it in a different thread I'll say it here:

"CTF is a team game, Nuff Said"

Rasittt
01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
most of the people defending the "pvp is balanced" theory are rogues here..I can understand where you're coming from..If warriors were the only master of pvp, I would have loved it too of course..

Testi
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Again, I play warrior.

Testi
01-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Ikavli I guess thats ironic ...

In an Alanis Morisette not really knowing what irony is kind of way.

Itoopeo
01-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Currently most balanced is Star Legends. DL is not counted because theres only one class