PDA

View Full Version : scammed for for 300k

Thomas Hughes
01-23-2013, 10:48 PM
This scammer said he was selling his lvl 71 mage for 300k. I gave the money to him and he just left and unfriended me. Can someone pls help me by banning this guy from playing pl.

Randomguy
01-23-2013, 10:49 PM
um you cant get the money back, try typing /report and his/her name here, Btw, it's not a good idea to buy accounts, its against ToS.

Bootdaddy
01-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Your not supposed to be buying account :/ email sts but don't think they'll do anything about it.

Imwatchingyou
01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
"/report" is more like an anger management like function making people "think" something is done. I'd advise strongly to make a complain using their email OR complaint ticket. Be sure to write the following:

Time/date of the incident
What was stolen
Give a full explanation how this happened.

In your case, I'd strongly advise to admit your mistakes BUT do not share your in game. Simply apologize and admit the mistake.

Noodleleg
01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
People get away with this a lot because you're going against the ToS also. Anything not in a secure trade window should not be used for trade. It happens a lot, but scammers take advantage of this type of stuff and get away with it often. You're admitting to a break of the ToS too, so I'd be careful if I were you.

Randomguy
01-23-2013, 10:55 PM
and 300 k isnt much....

Deathofan
01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Only a noob will think /report works, just send a straight e-mail to Sts support, but that again stopped working a time ago. All you get are preset messages, in this case you might get banned for attempting to buy an account.

Chopper
01-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Only a noob will think /report works, just send a straight e-mail to Sts support, but that again stopped working a time ago. All you get are preset messages, in this case you might get banned for attempting to buy an account.

buying an account is against the rules of the game. Not sure why STS would assist you in that.

Jcyee
01-23-2013, 11:42 PM
I really think that STS should put more than just "Never ever give your account info away" (or something like that) in the chat box when you enter a new map/town. They should also put stuff about buying accounts or other simple rules.

It also helps to have some common sense though.

I mean think about this: why would someone SELL their account to someone else if that someone else is supposedly going to get the account later. Think about it

Delphina
01-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Thread closed. Please contact support. Thanks!
Support@spacetimestudios.com