PDA

View Full Version : Why are dragon sets not craftable with a 2 piece ring?

Everyone'sFavMage
01-24-2013, 02:41 AM
Dragon sets aren't craftable with the elite ring of valience? Umm? Why not? I just bought a dragon set and was going to craft it with my 66 mages ring of valience. Only to find out blue dragon ring doesn't craft with it? Is this just something that was overlooked?. Because I see no reason for it not to be craftable with 2 piece ring.

Fusionstrike
01-24-2013, 03:08 AM
The only reason I can think of is that it reduces complexity for STS to manage. Right now they have 5 dragon rings and 5 more of each crafted with the three piece ring. Making them craftable with two piece ring adds another 5 items to create. Also, you'd presumably want to be able to upgrade from two piece dragon to three piece one once you earned another cap, so they'd have to code that upgrade path too. Although I suppose you could just get another dragon ring and craft that directly with the three piece ring, so I guess the upgrade isn't technically necessary. (At least I think it's possible to get another dragon ring awarded by just wearing the stuff again.)

Anyway, that's my guess, just laziness. It's not really a good excuse but it seems like the only explanation to me.

Chopper
01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Probably because they dont want to hear the whining and complaining when the 2 piece dragon crafted ring wearers get their third Elite Vanity and beg to be able to undo their previous crafting so they can craft it to the three piece vanity ring instead.

JaytB
01-24-2013, 11:54 AM
It's too late now but to prevent things like this in the future, it's always good to search the forums before spending a lot of gold in game.

Not that that always helps, but your case was discussed loads of times in the past already.

For example, here's one of the guides that clearly stated you'd need the 3-vanity ring to be able to craft...
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=78184

Some research can often save you millions and frustration :)

Everyone'sFavMage
01-24-2013, 08:41 PM
It's too late now but to prevent things like this in the future, it's always good to search the forums before spending a lot of gold in game.

Not that that always helps, but your case was discussed loads of times in the past already.

For example, here's one of the guides that clearly stated you'd need the 3-vanity ring to be able to craft...
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=78184

Some research can often save you millions and frustration :)
I was going to buy the set anyways, but I just find it extremely unusual that they wouldn't have a ring for dragon and 2 piece vanity sets. I mean I don't feel like I wasted millions, but it just makes the ring useless on that one char, I'm never going to cap it. It's a twink at 66. But like could they not add an option to just put the stats of a 2 piece ring and the dragon ring into one? Doesn't seem that hard.

Bous
01-24-2013, 11:44 PM
I was going to buy the set anyways, but I just find it extremely unusual that they wouldn't have a ring for dragon and 2 piece vanity sets. I mean I don't feel like I wasted millions, but it just makes the ring useless on that one char, I'm never going to cap it. It's a twink at 66. But like could they not add an option to just put the stats of a 2 piece ring and the dragon ring into one? Doesn't seem that hard.
A little add button :D

tHelonestud
01-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Only the best can be bester

Chopper
01-25-2013, 10:44 AM
Only the best can be bester

but will never be as good as the bestest! :)

Xyzther
01-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Probably because they dont want to hear the whining and complaining when the 2 piece dragon crafted ring wearers get their third Elite Vanity and beg to be able to undo their previous crafting so they can craft it to the three piece vanity ring instead.

YES