PDA

View Full Version : My ideas for the NEW and HUGE expansion for PL lovers!

Elf-Orc-Naga
01-24-2013, 05:48 AM
For all PL lovers and STS fan, I would like to share my ideas for the next new PL expansion! Please note the disclaimer at the end of this post but please read the following feature/contents of new expansion below:

From the successful release of Arcane Legend and new PL characters Fox and Rhino, I wish the STS devs would release the following game components in the new and more exciting PL expansion ever!

(1) Introduction of ALTERRA'S MOUNT!
Mounts are animated animals that can be riden in game. Characters will be riders of specific mount of different type! The mount can be purchased from a new NPC --- requiring 30 plat, 5 million of gold and 20 Alterra's Orbs.
Mounts can attack - same as the "pet" introduced in Arcane Legend and can be leveled up for high ability, evolved appearance and higher damage skills. This will spice up and add thrills for fighting boss, pvp and pve! Please note that some dungeons won't let be able to use mount.
Example of mount (devs are still thinking right now): MAGE: ALTERRA's WHITE TIGER

(2) New dungeon map for each REGION/STAGE!
Same enemies, same settings but different taste of fighting enemies while riding your mount. Orbs can be collected from final boss but dungeon energy will be introduced too.

(3) New EXPANSION MAP!
Samurai City! - imagine those temples and samurai warriors to reach your maximum level

(4) Introduction of ALTERRA's ORBS!
This orb can be collected in exchange of something else - legendary weapon/ring/armor or even exp! Not to abuse run to get orbs and to spread player's time, there will be a daily/periodically capped limit collecting orb!

(5) ENERGY CANDY - to refresh the limits of your orbs, dungeon energy and legendary quests - this will cost 80 plat! (expensive cost so not to abuse run but to spread playing time)

(6) INTRODUCTION OF LEGENDARY QUEST (for PVP and PVE) some DAILY QUEST and LVL 80 ENDER QUEST are refined too !
Fighting boss of lower level maps will grant orb from a LEGENDARY QUEST! This will make all dungeons and map alive and active from time to time

(7) NEW SKILLS will be available at max level (not the max capped level)! This will add motivation of grinding exp, collecting orbs and solving quests!
The skills are
MAGE: overflow (giving mana to teammate and full to self)
BIRD: shadow (producing twin to deceive enemy)
BEAR: volcano mash (giving add'l armor to self and inflicting burn damage by producing static volcano in front of enemy)
FOX: invulnerable (replacing health by mana and protect self from damage)
RHINO: reincarnation (self revive after death)

(8) new ELITE WEAPONS for max capped level 81 and of course new LEGENDARY SET for level 80. NEW ITEMS and PETS, RINGS in store!

(9) MAILBOX system will be introduced. This will connect mail messages from different STS games. (e.g. Hi I am playing PL now, join me if you are logged in SL etc)

(10) NEW TASTE of PVP and PVE. Health and mana will be adjusted to give thrill of fighting boss and pvp strategically.
Some legendary quest will grant PVP-specialized gears that will reduce incoming damage and other balancing stats. This will make PVP longer and team-effort (not individual) must be the strategy to defeat rival team. (like saying attack "mage fisrt")

*DISCLAIMER: This serves as proposal rather than validated facts. Please give your comment but I wish some of them will come true.
Enjoy PL! See you! :)

OverkillED
01-24-2013, 06:23 AM
Yesss! This is it! This will return pl to its former glory!

EDIT: I don't like energy input into this game, but it could work out :)

Roberto077
01-24-2013, 08:13 AM
I like the idea of the mailbox, but mount just don't seem correct for PL. Imagine animals riding animals (animal slavery?). By the new health bars for PvE and PvP do you mean numbers showing the % of the health? Because that would be cool. Samurai City seems more of an Arcane Legends idea.

Thanks for the suggestions! Just post them in the suggestions and Feedback section next time :P

Mage till the end
01-24-2013, 09:03 AM
5 mil for a pet -.-

cookiez
01-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Stupid....I don't like any ideas except new skills, but I don't like the skills..

Endgame you and your teammates don't need mana.. might be helpful at low levels...

Birds skill is U.P. (Underpowered)

Bears already have an armor buff and that would be super op...

Foxes meh..

Rhinos is worthless in pvp, OP in ctf

I like the mailbox idea (but for guild)

And I would like something to make lower Lev maps more active (mainly swamps) but not orbs..

And seriously.. 30 plat AND 5 mil for a pet?!? Cmon bro...

Just my opinion...

armorcannon
01-24-2013, 11:17 AM
lol on number 5 i rember you use candy to lvl up your pokemon fast nu candy

D-:
01-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Stupid....I don't like any ideas except new skills, but I don't like the skills..

Endgame you and your teammates don't need mana.. might be helpful at low levels...

Foxes meh..

And I would like something to make lower Lev maps more active (mainly swamps) but not orbs..

Just my opinion...

Wow, I actually agree with you for once!

drewcapu
01-24-2013, 12:45 PM
human mounts

Bless
01-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Hate the candy idea...anyone remember dl when it first came out?

Roberto077
01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Hate the candy idea...anyone remember dl when it first came out?

Was the energy thing removed from DL? That's why I quit 2 days after release xD

cookiez
01-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Dam...I deleted my dl account and I had vampire and bloody and boss as names...just because of that energy reason

skrapicoco
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
For all PL lovers and STS fan, I would like to share my ideas for the next new PL expansion! Please note the disclaimer at the end of this post but please read the following feature/contents of new expansion below:

From the successful release of Arcane Legend and new PL characters Fox and Rhino, I wish the STS devs would release the following game components in the new and more exciting PL expansion ever!

Mounts are animated animals that can be riden in game. Characters will be riders of specific mount of different type! The mount can be purchased from a new NPC --- requiring 30 plat, 5 million of gold and 20 Alterra's Orbs.
Mounts can attack - same as the "pet" introduced in Arcane Legend and can be leveled up for high ability, evolved appearance and higher damage skills. This will spice up and add thrills for fighting boss, pvp and pve! Please note that some dungeons won't let be able to use mount.
Example of mount (devs are still thinking right now): MAGE: ALTERRA's WHITE TIGER

Same enemies, same settings but different taste of fighting enemies while riding your mount. Orbs can be collected from final boss but dungeon energy will be introduced too.

(3) New EXPANSION MAP!
Samurai City! - imagine those temples and samurai warriors to reach your maximum level

This orb can be collected in exchange of something else - legendary weapon/ring/armor or even exp! Not to abuse run to get orbs and to spread player's time, there will be a daily/periodically capped limit collecting orb!

(5) ENERGY CANDY - to refresh the limits of your orbs, dungeon energy and legendary quests - this will cost 80 plat! (expensive cost so not to abuse run but to spread playing time)

(6) DAILY QUEST and LVL 80 ENDER QUEST refinement !
Fighting boss of lower level maps will grant orb from some daily quest! This will make all dungeons and map alive and active from time to time

(7) NEW SKILLS will be available at max level (not the max capped level)! This will add motivation of grinding exp, collecting orbs and solving quests!
The skills are
BEAR: volcano mash (giving add'l armor to self and inflicting burn damage by producing static volcano in front of enemy)

(8) new ELITE WEAPONS for max capped level 81 and of course new LEGENDARY SET for level 80. NEW ITEMS and PETS, RINGS in store!

(9) MAILBOX system will be introduced. This will connect mail messages from different STS games. (e.g. Hi I am playing PL now, join me if you are logged in SL etc)

(10) NEW TASTE of PVP and PVE. Health and mana will be adjusted to give thrill of fighting boss and pvp strategically.

*DISCLAIMER: This serves as proposal rather than validated facts. Please give your comment but I wish some of them will come true.

Order and chaos player ;)

Oskitopee
01-24-2013, 03:08 PM
the mounts will make pvp a pay to win experience...

WoundedEagle
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I like the idea of the mailbox, but mount just don't seem correct for PL. Imagine animals riding animals (animal slavery?). By the new health bars for PvE and PvP do you mean numbers showing the % of the health? Because that would be cool. Samurai City seems more of an Arcane Legends idea.

Thanks for the suggestions! Just post them in the suggestions and Feedback section next time :P

Did you actually just call that animal slavery?.. Really?

Foxes meh..

Just my opinion...
I wouldn't consider any of these "stupid." And to be honest that was rude of you to say.

- End Game Mana might actually be useful if skills started to require more mana (as skills rank up, that might make sense).

- Birds are pretty powerful in end game; their only downfall is defense.

- I agree, extra armor might be a bit over kill.

- Not a valid point

- are* and I can't voice my opinion because I haven't PvP'd in months.

- Agreed.

- A while ago, Techno said the idea of bringing back Ol' Forest Haven as a secondary map was a possibility with the exception of patching the issues surrounding the old code of the map to match newer format.

- That's actually not bad. Let us make note that 5 mil in any other games money is a ton while in PL it is pretty average and easily achievable with effort after L60.

Just my opinions on your opinions.

Order and chaos player ;)

It appears they like Halo too? :o

cookiez
01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Roberto077;940467]I like the idea of the mailbox, but mount just don't seem correct for PL. Imagine animals riding animals (animal slavery?). By the new health bars for PvE and PvP do you mean numbers showing the % of the health? Because that would be cool. Samurai City seems more of an Arcane Legends idea.

Did you actually just call that animal slavery?.. Really?

Foxes meh..

Just my opinion...
I wouldn't consider any of these "stupid." And to be honest that was rude of you to say.

- End Game Mana might actually be useful if skills started to require more mana (as skills rank up, that might make sense).

- Birds are pretty powerful in end game; their only downfall is defense.

- I agree, extra armor might be a bit over kill.

- Not a valid point

- are* and I can't voice my opinion because I haven't PvP'd in months.

- Agreed.

- A while ago, Techno said the idea of bringing back Ol' Forest Haven as a secondary map was a possibility with the exception of patching the issues surrounding the old code of the map to match newer format.

- That's actually not bad. Let us make note that 5 mil in any other games money is a ton while in PL it is pretty average and easily achievable with effort after L60.

Just my opinions on your opinions.

I admit it was rude...and I attempted to edit it but it wouldn't let me...

Thats a huge IF. And If they do require more mana the sets will have more mana regen...

An imaginary character would help how?

it means I guess it could be useful but I didn't have an opinion...I didn't wanna type all that..
Thanks for wasting pixels with that blurb.

Rhinos skill Is worthless. He didn't suggest more than one rhino skill. If He did I would have said rhinos skill if worthless. So I just abbreviated instead of typing a story...nice try to be a troll.

Guess what, 5 mil is Not pocket change to most people... I bet 75% of people in pl don't have over 5 mil and I bet 100% of those people who just barely had 5mil would Not spend it on a horse

I can see you calling me out on saying it's stupid but the rest is just annoying..

Just my opinion on your opinions

WoundedEagle
01-24-2013, 07:01 PM
I admit it was rude...and I attempted to edit it but it wouldn't let me...

Thats a huge IF. And If they do require more mana the sets will have more mana regen...

An imaginary character would help how?

it means I guess it could be useful but I didn't have an opinion...I didn't wanna type all that..
Thanks for wasting pixels with that blurb.

Rhinos skill Is worthless. He didn't suggest more than one rhino skill. If He did I would have said rhinos skill if worthless. So I just abbreviated instead of typing a story...nice try to be a troll.

Guess what, 5 mil is Not pocket change to most people... I bet 75% of people in pl don't have over 5 mil and I bet 100% of those people who just barely had 5mil would Not spend it on a horse

I can see you calling me out on saying it's stupid but the rest is just annoying..

- [EDIT POST]

- You're assuming.

- What imaginary character? The one I didn't say anything about?

- I'm pretty sure pixels are infinite so I'm not exactly sure how I wasted pixels.

- Are you serious? Your statement "Rhinos is worthless in pvp, OP in ctf." My correction "Rhinos are worthless in PvP, but are OP in CTF." So you is a forumer?

- 5 Million is quite a lot in end game, but easy to obtain when you put effort in, like I said. And of course 75% of people don't have over 5 million. Half of the people that play play once and are out. Or they don't use elixirs to level up and just noob around.

- Let's note that your last statement didn't justify anything; you came off just as rude this time as well.

You're a clever one, aren't ya?

Bunnyshoota
01-24-2013, 07:13 PM
When I saw you say mailbox, I had some slightly different ideas.

Esp. for merchants, getting in contact with your buyers/sellers can be difficult. Make it so that you can send messages to offline people, or through chars they are not on to the char they are on. That way, when you log back on, you can see that so and so has a deal for you.

OverkillED
01-24-2013, 07:39 PM
When I saw you say mailbox, I had some slightly different ideas.

Esp. for merchants, getting in contact with your buyers/sellers can be difficult. Make it so that you can send messages to offline people, or through chars they are not on to the char they are on. That way, when you log back on, you can see that so and so has a deal for you.

That's how the mailbox works. If the mailbox could only be sent to online people, why not just use private messaging? The mailbox is used to send mail to people offline or online (generally offline).

Everyone'sFavMage
01-24-2013, 09:01 PM
And I bet 100% of those people who just barely had 5mil would not spend it on a horse.

I would so drop 5m on a human pet tho,

Everyone'sFavMage
01-24-2013, 09:02 PM
- [EDIT POST]

- You're assuming.

- What imaginary character? The one I didn't say anything about?

- I'm pretty sure pixels are infinite so I'm not exactly sure how I wasted pixels.

- Are you serious? Your statement "Rhinos is worthless in pvp, OP in ctf." My correction "Rhinos are worthless in PvP, but are OP in CTF." So you is a forumer?

- 5 Million is quite a lot in end game, but easy to obtain when you put effort in, like I said. And of course 75% of people don't have over 5 million. Half of the people that play play once and are out. Or they don't use elixirs to level up and just noob around.

- Let's note that your last statement didn't justify anything; you came off just as rude this time as well.

You're a clever one, aren't ya? LOL well done W.E!

Elf-Orc-Naga
01-25-2013, 01:33 AM
Guys we are all rspectful in this community so have freedom of speech but do not abuse it please. :)
Guys what do you want for mount 5 million gold or 1000 platinum? 5 million gold is obtainable without expending real money... I also want to see the effect of this to "PL economy" i.e. cash will not revolve but will just be ansorbed by the game --> in the end people will sell/buy cheap :)

Deadsoldiers
01-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Hmmmmm, in my opinion 5mil for a mount would be overpriced. ( I dont say i am rich or pro in Pl, but i spent alot of plat and time on it and got like 3mil in itmes which actually took me sometime, and i played alot last month.)
2. The upgradeable skills would make pvp a gold thing only, i would replace those abilities by 4x (or more or less just example) speed when mounting.
3. In my opinion Rhinoskill is ok but it has to be casted in right moment so it has like a 5sec last and then times out, also it directly revives (so a rhino cant stay down in bossfights and uses the revive when everyone else is down)
4. I like the idea with the mailbox system just for guild. Even if it would be hard to make cross game,(server) messages possible
5. Rest of skills i would change and respect other suggestions made here
6. Wounded Eagle i have to say that i dont 100% agree with you (, i wont say anything since i was warned once for being rude really long time ago timed out i think) it would suggest you to be a bit friendlier to cookiez even if i can see your point.

Also I say that my spelling isnt always correct so dont flame me for this.

Thanks for reading

[Edit] I want to say that this thread maybe belongs into suggestions ?!

Griffinfan
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Like W.E said, you have to put in the effort, farm dragon for 4 hours a day for two weeks. I guarantee you will get at least 1 drop, if not more.

That's more then 5 mil, in two weeks.

gf

Deadsoldiers
01-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Like W.E said, you have to put in the effort, farm dragon for 4 hours a day for two weeks. I guarantee you will get at least 1 drop, if not more.

That's more then 5 mil, in two weeks.

gf
Not everyone has 4 hours time per day (i often dont nowadays) because most have a busy real life with family, work or school.
I would suggest 1mil which would still be alot so newbies have to do something to afford it but it would be fair for everyone.
But thats a bit offtopic I think back to the suggestions ;)

STSfanatic
01-25-2013, 04:56 PM

(3) New EXPANSION MAP!

(6) DAILY QUEST and LVL 80 ENDER QUEST refinement !
Fighting boss of lower level maps will grant orb from some daily quest! This will make all dungeons and map alive and active from time to time

The skills are

I am sorry to inform you that all your ideas are already done in the game "Order and Chaos"

If any of these "ideas" sounds good to anyone you can just play that game and STS should leave Pocket Legends as is or at least come up with some original ideas SMH..

XghostzX
01-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Eh, for a mobile game like PL, of their are amounts, they should be obtainable for all.

I know most will disagree, just my 2 cents though. What are the point of mounts if you travel 10m in this game, and can teleport with the world map...

Fusionstrike
01-25-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't get why so many people keep coming up with "new idea" of mounts. There's no need to travel around PL, so how exactly does some kind of beast to ride fit in? I mean, not every game in a given genre has to copy every other one.

That said, I would completely support the idea if it effectively acted as a speed boost in dungeons. I absolutely hate when I don't have a speed boost. Making my way through a map feels like I'm swimming through gravy with lead boots on. PL normal move rate is just agonizingly slow. I'd pay almost any price for a "mount" if that got me a way to move at a reasonable speed.

Elf-Orc-Naga
01-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Thanks for all the reply. I have account in O&C.. that's why I suggested this concept of mount. It is not copying or anything -- it's like your sumsung galaxy or iphone (sorry off topic). The challenge here is how STS will be creative enough to make it more better than others. Even if there's mount here, PL will still be different. I like that game being "easy" (i have a descent char in O&C but sometimes it takes time to form group..time wasted... anyway)..

Also, note that in Arcane legend pets help you to attack, in PL pets are just decoration (except dragon..). Won't you enjoy a mount helping you to kill enemies! (I want to see my elf riding a white tiger pls! hahaha)

For energy to remove daily limit, the PL version should not be like the DL version.. DL version is not successful for this! Note the concept is to spread player's time. I am actually against of competition "those who get lvl 81 for the first 3 days will get special prize blah blah".. This kind of thing will not help the game! They run for first week, then after maximixing level they rest for several months (sorry for generalization thats what I am feeling..) This is unfair for busy people... I suggest energy should be introduced when leveling from 80 to 81 so to limit playing hours and xp gained (combo elix has also criticism that players only play when they received 3x combo..so lazy.. but im not against of it but sometimes its distorting some thing..)

Anyway I do not expect any agreement from all of you (but thanks for those who did). What matters is the converstation we have here! Enjoy!

Elf-Orc-Naga
01-27-2013, 03:18 PM
I editied and clarified that orbs will be obtained from "LEGENDARY quest". PVP specialized gear is also proposed.. A gear that will only have an affect in PVP.

I am also thinking to propose buying x2 x3 x4 exp elixirs to be limited for 2 hours! If buying more, energy candy should be taken - and will cost addl plat.
Daily blesssings xp elixir types would be also played limited to 2 hours and energy candy should be also taken to continue using the effect.
This will balance busy and with-time players. Player with time can still continue to play games to farm and gain xp in normal way if energy is exhausted.

Multibird
01-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Wrong section...pls move it to PL Suggestions and Feedback
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?13-PL-Suggestions-and-Feedback

Elf-Orc-Naga
01-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Wrong section...pls move it to PL Suggestions and Feedback
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?13-PL-Suggestions-and-Feedback
well im happy to move it that section. note that this can be also in a general section for player to discuss.. its under anything the sun where players can see it and give some opinions or issues. go freedom :) (This is not a feedback only for STS ok?)

XghostzX
01-27-2013, 10:25 PM
well im happy to move it that section. note that this can be also in a general section for player to discuss.. its under anything the sun where players can see it and give some opinions or issues. go freedom :) (This is not a feedback only for STS ok?)

I respect your thought's, but this does go under suggestions ;)

Elf-Orc-Naga
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
by the way i am player who only looks at general discussion section most of the time (and that's my problem...)

back to the topic please

Doodlebeast
01-28-2013, 01:08 AM
To tell you the truth, people rarely look at the suggestion section

dog
01-28-2013, 03:13 AM
the mount thing :) that was for me

OverkillED
01-28-2013, 04:12 AM
People are calling mounts "animal slavery." We enslave animals as human beings as well. Humans are technically animals and we use whatever is lower, whether in strength or intellectual means, to our advantage, so don't call it animal slavery.

EDIT: Also don't say it was taken from Order and Chaos because Order and Chaos "took" from WoW, which had most of the features baseline for an MMO. It's not taking or copying.

Elf-Orc-Naga
01-28-2013, 05:36 AM
ty for comments. agree to all of you. can anyone suggest a name in replace of mount ? alterra riders??? my poor english hahaa.
and can someone create photos as sample? that would be nice heheheh thanks. :)

skrapicoco
01-28-2013, 05:33 PM
I just cant imagine a bird riding a lion or a bear riding a panther lol on enchantress?hmm elf riding a deer ( oac) fox? Rhino?imagine how will they look like lol

Elf-Orc-Naga
01-30-2013, 01:24 AM
I just cant imagine a bird riding a lion or a bear riding a panther lol on enchantress?hmm elf riding a deer ( oac) fox? Rhino?imagine how will they look like lol
leave that to the devs and players that are creative and can suggest. PL characters are based from animals but they have 2 feet and can stand/act like man/woman (meaning they can ride an "animal".. bear riding a panther is cool, a bird riding a lion is also cool :)