PDA

View Full Version : Innacuracy with quoting the leader board

D-Zaak
01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi All,

I know a lot of mages are calling very hard for rogue nerf and using leaderboards as an argument. I think this is a very innacurate source for evidence because:

- Rogue elite PvP technique (AS) is easy to master and was the obvious choice of technique in PvP. This made them elite in the first few days of PVP (actually probably only the first 2 days)

- Warriors elite PvP technique (with stuns and running in packs with unlimited buffs/heal) is easy to master, however was not an obvious choice and took warriors a few days to realise this is the most effective technique in the entire game.

- Mages elite PvP technique (shield + buffs/heal) are difficult to master and not obvious. Mages have had to do a lot of experimenting to find a great PvP technique.

What does this mean for the leaderboard? Rogues got off to a hot start and dominate the LB because they ahd such an obvious easy technique to exploit. Warriors then caught on to the pack/horde technique and are catching up on the LB. Mages are starting to get better and better and are slowly catching up too.

Also, everyone complaining about ROgues on leader boards. What if they had a leaderboard by deaths, calling out top players in deaths (actually meaning the worst as they die the most?) I guarantee you rogues would dominate that, NOT mages.

Due to whining of Rogue AS one shot (btw one shot is not 100%. it's the luck of the roll and I only 1 shot 20-30% of the time), rogues have been now been nerfed in the recent update. Rogue is probably more useless than Mage was before the update.

Genuinous
01-25-2013, 05:04 AM
IF what you are saying is true, that it's only because rogues are easier to play and mages are more difficult, how does that still explain the HUGE gap between the mage (or war for matter of fact) and rogues on the leader board? Shouldn't mages and wars catch up eventually especially with rogue getting a nerf? If there is only a skill difference (btw you can settle your skill set in a day and then just tweak) how come rogues got 2x the kills mages got? (compare lb)

Ruejade
01-25-2013, 05:49 AM
IF what you are saying is true, that it's only because rogues are easier to play and mages are more difficult, how does that still explain the HUGE gap between the mage (or war for matter of fact) and rogues on the leader board? Shouldn't mages and wars catch up eventually especially with rogue getting a nerf? If there is only a skill difference (btw you can settle your skill set in a day and then just tweak) how come rogues got 2x the kills mages got? (compare lb)

Well the thing is..umm... Since there exists different classes in AL with different strengths and weaknesses, so balancing is pretty hard. Let's see, rogues excel in single target burst damage, warriors can survive well, and sorcerers can disable with massive aoe.

The kill count leaderboard however, is clearly designed for rogues since rogues are made to kill. If every class kills as good as rogues, then rogues just lost what makes them...rogues.

So if there is a "Total Time Survived In A Massive Team Fight per Match" leaderboard, or a "Total Number of Enemies Disabled per Match" leaderboard, I'm sure you'll see warriors and sorcerers topping each one of them respectively.

I know the examples given are a bit wierd, but just because rogues have a huge number of kills, doesn't mean that they are imbalanced. Trust me, if there is a death count leaderboard, rogues and sorcs will top them, and you will barely see any warriors on it. And then people will start saying warriors are OP etc.

One last thing about rogues having huge amounts of kills...did I mention they are kill steal machines?....XD

Genuinous
01-25-2013, 06:10 AM
I understand rogues dying a lot. I understand killing is their "speciality". And I know (hate) that they ks a lot. And I get your point that wars are aimed to survive and mages to do aoe. And this view is all fine in PVE.

But when you come to pvp and rogues still rock up twice the kill of other classes, then I cant agree with it being alright. Yes I can (did) make lb in kills and carries for mages. But for overall lb there is just not a chance. Shouldnt pvp (with all things true for pve and skills of classes) be more equal on lb?

KR1T1K4L
01-26-2013, 04:44 AM
LB will mean nothing once it's wiped after Beta and the final balancing tweaks are made. TBH in no other mmorpg I've ever played has there been any class that has had a skill that was able to do even 1/2 of any player's HP in a single skill though. So in all fairness, reduce the mana cost of the skills for rogue, but instead of one skill proc'ing for 250% crit damage, make it +50% crit damage, with +20% chance to crit for 5 seconds. And make each point in DEX give +5 HP. Raise leather armor value by about 5%. Still have burst damage (albeit slightly toned down), but more sustained damage, and more damage mitigation/HP to dish out the sustained damage. Balanced.

Bless
01-26-2013, 07:39 AM
LB will mean nothing once it's wiped after Beta and the final balancing tweaks are made. TBH in no other mmorpg I've ever played has there been any class that has had a skill that was able to do even 1/2 of any player's HP in a single skill though. So in all fairness, reduce the mana cost of the skills for rogue, but instead of one skill proc'ing for 250% crit damage, make it +50% crit damage, with +20% chance to crit for 5 seconds. And make each point in DEX give +5 HP. Raise leather armor value by about 5%. Still have burst damage (albeit slightly toned down), but more sustained damage, and more damage mitigation/HP to dish out the sustained damage. Balanced. lb wont get wiped.