PDA

View Full Version : 2013-01-25 Content Update (111998)

H2N
01-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Time Shift should once again root and snare enemies correctly.
Added directional signage to CTF map.

Astrocat
01-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Sweet!

wvhills
01-25-2013, 01:16 PM
did u fix the warriors shield being OP or is it still the same?

Vainkid
Lol minor update

warbluefish
cool.

Vainkid
01-25-2013, 01:17 PM

Stop whining about OP. LOL

Iamlmmortal
Nice gonna have to avoid those clocks now!!!!

Astrocat

Why would they?

Catwomann
01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Cause u warriors are hell OPd.

Vainkid
01-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Cause u warriors are hell OPd.

You sound jealous? Make one LAWL

reiin
01-25-2013, 01:28 PM
You sound jealous? Make one LAWL
Sounds like a war player to me...

Yoho
01-25-2013, 01:38 PM
next nerf prize is going to... Warriors!
now is a good time to rule in ctf, guys, carpe diem ;)

SweetieCakes
01-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Weaponry Has different color to it and Mages attacks look low quality Image

Xman
01-25-2013, 01:45 PM
So does that mean root effect work in PvP now? or they fix it in PvE? sound bad anyway, I just reset my skill 20 mins before update....:((

Artist1118
01-25-2013, 01:47 PM
It does nothing in pvp now...sucks...

Astrocat
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I see the word ''OP'' too many times. Too many times.. :suspicion:

Vystirch
01-25-2013, 01:59 PM

Prob. Not :/

Vystirch
01-25-2013, 01:59 PM
I see the word ''OP'' too many times. Too many times.. :suspicion:

This I also agree with...... Op this, op that, op op op op

wawawa64
01-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Frost Bolt still doesn't freeze normal mobs. Only the charged version freeze enemies occasionally (work normally). Please fix !!!

Miseric
01-25-2013, 02:21 PM
The sign's are obnoxious. Who gets lost in PVP!!! If you can't fight your way around that little map, you don't deserve directional signs!!! Take the signs away please......and why not do something to defet the crome code that allows you to fire all 4 skills at once. I can tell which rogues use it. Normal rogues kill me in ten to 12 sec of constant attack. Then there is the rogue that runs at you and blame you heath from full to zero. Please fix that, it's not them getting lucky with one aimed shot, it them hitting you with aimed shot, poison arrow, daggers flying and they dropped health packs in blink of an eye......it's rather aggravating.

bronislav84
01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks a lot!

Miseric
01-25-2013, 02:28 PM
And on a side note. Can you please do something about the walls in PVP. I have been shot with arrow's thru walls, I have been chain pulled by a warrior thru walls, mages have aeo so sure they should be able to hit you as you round a corner. I have seen warriors use thier skyward smash to jump around corners and simply cut off parts of your pvp map. A rogue should not be able to shot from spawn hallway thru wall and hit you as you pick up the flag. Do some thing productive like work on wall integrity, as more and more rogues are abusing the thru the wall shot, just sitting in long spawn hallways spamming arrows at flag. . .

Thade
01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Miseric, everything you've just described leads me to believe you're experiencing latency. None of these abilities will fire around or through walls.

Thade
01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Wawawa65, I'll look into this.

Catwomann
01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
This I also agree with...... Op this, op that, op op op op

Its ironic, cause in most forums op means OPERATING POST AND OPERATING POSTER.

wvhills
01-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Wawawa65, I'll look into this.

Thade, can u look into the warriors shield also? Warriors equipped with shield and the jumping skill that reduces range are undefeatable. It may be time to hop into the arena on one of ur secret toons and check things out. Also hang around in town and check out the ratios of a lot of the warriors. There around 5 and 6 kills to 1 death. Also, you get 2 warriors that travel together and alternate shield and they stay invinsible the whole time. 60% of people are warriors now and it's not very fun.

reiin
01-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Thade, can u look into the warriors shield also? Warriors equipped with shield and the jumping skill that reduces range are undefeatable. It may be time to hop into the arena on one of ur secret toons and check things out. Also hang around in town and check out the ratios of a lot of the warriors. There around 5 and 6 kills to 1 death. Also, you get 2 warriors that travel together and alternate shield and they stay invinsible the whole time. 60% of people are warriors now and it's not very fun.

Yeah, running into a team of warriors that know this setup is pretty much guaranteed death

Catwomann
01-25-2013, 02:59 PM
What are arcane items ? Above mythic ? More plat spending ? ;(

Cyganek
01-25-2013, 03:06 PM
So good!

Lady_Pebbles
01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Also warriors and axes have pull -&- stun effect at the same time. Making it impossible to run or counter it. They even have a chest that adds a stun.

reiin
01-25-2013, 03:20 PM
What are arcane items ? Above mythic ? More plat spending ? ;(
Arcane items? Did I miss something?

Arsies
01-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Arcane items? Did I miss something?

Take a look at selecting rarity in cs. Was wondering too.

Energizeric
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Miseric, everything you've just described leads me to believe you're experiencing latency. None of these abilities will fire around or through walls.

Thade: I think what is happening is if I am in the same hallway as a warrior and I start to run, if he starts his attack at that point, even if I round the corner his attack still hits. If it's the attack that pulls you towards him, then you get pulled through the wall back to him in the other hallway.

Same goes with attacks. I've been shot at by a rogue and saw the arrow coming just as I rounded the corner, and the arrow chased me around the corner like a heatseeking guided missile and hit and dropped me dead around the corner where I was no longer in the view of the rogue who shot me.

Also, I've seen warriors jump over walls. Not completely over the wall, but they start the leap in one hallway and end the leap around the next corner, meaning they basically jumped over the corner wall.

I just think that warriors and rogues have too much range with their melee leap attacks. It's one thing if a rogue is using a bow, then there should be good range for that attack. But it seems that leap attack they have has just as long range as a bow does. If rogues and warriors can leap all the way down the hallway and kill me with one hit, as a sorcerer I really have no way to fight back against that. Melee hits are supposed to be close range attacks. They should not have the range of an actual ranged attack like a bow or gun.

Genuinous
01-25-2013, 04:21 PM
The change to mage's shield makes me sad... I now barely stand a chance against rogues and warriors make pancake out of me...

Vystirch
01-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Thade: I think what is happening is if I am in the same hallway as a warrior and I start to run, if he starts his attack at that point, even if I round the corner his attack still hits. If it's the attack that pulls you towards him, then you get pulled through the wall back to him in the other hallway.

Same goes with attacks. I've been shot at by a rogue and saw the arrow coming just as I rounded the corner, and the arrow chased me around the corner like a heatseeking guided missile and hit and dropped me dead around the corner where I was no longer in the view of the rogue who shot me.

Also, I've seen warriors jump over walls. Not completely over the wall, but they start the leap in one hallway and end the leap around the next corner, meaning they basically jumped over the corner wall.

Good explanation, I was about to say this.

reiin
01-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Take a look at selecting rarity in cs. Was wondering too.

Thanks man. Didn't catch that.

SuRfY
01-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Time Shift should once again root and snare enemies correctly.
Added directional signage to CTF map.

Thanks for listening to our suggestion for directional signage. :)

reiin
01-25-2013, 05:24 PM

I just think that warriors and rogues have too much range with their melee leap attacks. It's one thing if a rogue is using a bow, then there should be good range for that attack. But it seems that leap attack they have has just as long range as a bow does. If rogues and warriors can leap all the way down the hallway and kill me with one hit, as a sorcerer I really have no way to fight back against that. Melee hits are supposed to be close range attacks. They should not have the range of an actual ranged attack like a bow or gun.

Yeah, i've noticed the rouge Aimed Shot + Shadow Pierce combo is lethal. An insane amount of damage before your target can even react. Also have you tried stunning? Haven't pvp'd in awhile, but I hear mages stun grants you a decent amount of setup time. Again, this is just convo from other players.

wvhills
01-25-2013, 09:01 PM

I think it goes by where they are when u release ur skills. I know I've killed people who were headed around a corner but I use aim shot before they round it and they go down. Also, I've released skills in the hallway when the were running the opposite direction and have landed hits when they were way out of range when the attack hit but were in range when I releases the skill.

devll
01-26-2013, 04:24 AM
Time still doesnt really work. Cast a charged time but mobs still walk right through it and those inside still walks out. Arcane shield damage doesnt work as usual. Frost still doesnt work. Its more like mage is being nerf big time.

flashbackflip
01-26-2013, 04:40 AM

i second that

There is NO way to escape rogues and warriors for a mage. I even tried to put my passives into run speed up to the whole 5%. Still those leaping skills allow dudes to reach/kill me

Sometimes i have the chance with 'push proc' of my gun, but it happens too rare

As Energizerec says melee should stay melee

Or make fireball follow the target even when running from it. Coz if i stop and turn to stun them i lose my distance and die. By the way - speaking of fireball - charged one DOES NOT stun 100% times

i'm not rambling about OP - i still find ways to slowly raise my k/d ratio (now it's 1.3/2) but i want to say that it's impossible to fight 1-1 with other classes for mage

Energizeric
01-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Yeah, i've noticed the rouge Aimed Shot + Shadow Pierce combo is lethal. An insane amount of damage before your target can even react. Also have you tried stunning? Haven't pvp'd in awhile, but I hear mages stun grants you a decent amount of setup time. Again, this is just convo from other players.

Yes, fireball works very well as a stun. If I can land the fireball before you hit me, then I have a fair chance at winning the battle. The problem is that your aimed shot has a longer range than my fireball. Also, your big leap allows you to jump over my fireball. So if we both release at the same time, you hit and I miss. I basically have to hit you 4-5 times and avoid getting hit at all, in order to win.

Energizeric
01-26-2013, 05:50 AM
I think it goes by where they are when u release ur skills. I know I've killed people who were headed around a corner but I use aim shot before they round it and they go down. Also, I've released skills in the hallway when the were running the opposite direction and have landed hits when they were way out of range when the attack hit but were in range when I releases the skill.

Yes, problem is that sorcerer skills do NOT work like that, at least not fireball or frost. Lightning seems to come from the sky, so as long as you are within range (12m), it will hit even if you are around a corner.

Arsies
01-26-2013, 06:47 AM
Isn't it all about using corners right now?

Using the glitch(?) to hit targets round the corner if you release the skill before they haste around got me the most kills. I always try to use corners for my advantage. Took me a while to master it and I'm still not timing perfectly every time, but that's a huge advantage to those who don't care about.

Slowly I start to realize how weak a sorc is. It's hard to keep a decent k/d ratio of 1/1 for me. Practice practice practice ;)

TXASSASSIN
01-26-2013, 10:20 AM
INSANE AMOUNT OF CRYING ABOUT WARRIORS...... Dude ctf is a TEAM sport not solo....SOOOOOO hey team up lol I tell ya 2 rogues runnin can smack me alllll day by myself

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Mowb
01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
A small but important update! -Thanks.

Traebeles99
01-26-2013, 10:53 AM
INSANE AMOUNT OF CRYING ABOUT WARRIORS...... Dude ctf is a TEAM sport not solo....SOOOOOO hey team up lol I tell ya 2 rogues runnin can smack me alllll day by myself

Doesnt matter you always have 2-3 wars with u... all have shield that gives u time to destroy 3 rogues... with maybe 1 dying if we get lucky. You would say op to if you were a dif class trust me.

Energizeric
01-26-2013, 04:10 PM
...... Dude ctf is a TEAM sport not solo....

I don't see any team stats on the leaderboards, only solo stats. Also, when I look at the stats on my inspect page, I don't see any team stats either, just solo stats. So unless they are going to keep track of team stats and give out banners and rewards for that, then it isn't a team sport, and is just a solo sport.

TXASSASSIN
01-26-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't see any team stats on the leaderboards, only solo stats. Also, when I look at the stats on my inspect page, I don't see any team stats either, just solo stats. So unless they are going to keep track of team stats and give out banners and rewards for that, then it isn't a team sport, and is just a solo sport.

Lol whatever bro

Valsacar
01-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Frost still broken, Time is better but it still doesn't work 100%. Many times mobs still move through it, or out of it (even if they are being hit with damage, so I know it was fully charged). Many times I'll see 3 out of the group get stuck while the rest moves on out...

Vystirch
02-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Ok the chance of proc wasn't rly lower that much.....