PDA

View Full Version : Warrior vs warrior pvp fights

wolfkult
01-25-2013, 04:58 PM
It seems like when two warriors fight, as long as they have similar quality gear and skill set it will always end with an add. Why? Because they can't kill each other fast enough (or at all).

I have had fights where my HP bounced between 80-100% against another warrior for 3 minutes. Eventually a rogue shows up and creamed him or me in <10 seconds and got the deathblow. Basically there is no point for warriors to fight one on one unless you have much better gear or is lower level. HoR and armor against low dps means it's going to take way too long to kill each other. I have fairly good gear (w/ pet vorpal, 300+ str, 2900+ hp, 840 arm, etc) and have never lost to a warrior but never won against one who was wearing rags or probably lvl 20 or 19.

It'd be fun to just go at it 20 minutes and eventually some accumulation of better timing or strategy would prevail but the ctf map is too small for that.

My strategy is to lead with charged HoR, then no charge skysmash (for the stun), get vengence up, charged windmill. Then try just put HoR/Veng up when they run out and skysmash/windmill. Not much to it. If the warrior has chest splitter than I do run thrus which have been programmed in my hands from other mmorpgs I've played, if they are not specced skyward/HOR/windmill/veng, in general, I have a chance of killing them in a minute.

So now I just say screw it and pass warriors up, I'll just run headstrong into a group of 3 people to see if I can take down the squishy one or fight a rogue.

Gassyllama
01-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Every once in a while I 1v1 a pretty good warrior, these fights usually last quite a long time however I think it comes down to who can go the longest without messing up. When you finally win after an intense 5 minute brawl it feels so good haha, and usually everyone stops fighting and comes to watch and make bets haha.

I lead with charged horn and charged veng. then just spam skyward smash and whirlwind and keep recharging horn/ veng as soon as they are ready.

I think it comes down to who can do the most damage in between horn. For me it helps to use charge attack in between skill cooldowns to stun, not only does it do good damage but with the stun you can sneak in that extra two/three hits. In the long run stunning makes a huge difference.

Usually when I lose a warrior 1v1 it is not because the other guy out strategized me but me not charging horn/veng all the way on accident. Or I lose pace and just forget to use a skill.

Whenever I 1v2 a warrior I always go for whoever is easiest to kill, rogue, mage, or the warrior with the worst gear. After you kill one, as long as the other warrior isnt very good, it is very easy to tank your way back to full HP and finish off the remaining enemy.

Destructible
01-29-2013, 01:46 AM
My strategy is to lead with charged HoR, then no charge skysmash (for the stun)

A charged Skyward Smash doesn't deal stun?

csyui
01-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Dont charge any attack skill in duel.
BTW, you may replace wind with chest for 1 on 1, as its shorter cool down period.

Jackyll
01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Dont charge any attack skill in duel.
BTW, you may replace wind with chest for 1 on 1, as its shorter cool down period.

so you're suggesting a respec, mid PVP CTF game to change to chest splitter. Got it

wolfkult
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
A charged Skyward Smash doesn't deal stun?

Immediate chance to stun > extra damage from charged skyward smash imo. Any time you charge a skill you are risking getting stunned and that whole charge time is a waste. Even normal attack I like to just spam it (uncharged) because with vorpal you're probably going to get better dps by maximizing your number of proc chances (plus avoiding 0 damage from getting stunned while waiting 2s to get a charged skill). Plus with charged skills you pretty much have to release perfectly to avoid cases where you waste times between attacks where just spamming attacks means no time wasted between attacks.

I run around with HoR charged and release when I'm in range for skyward smash. I'm not sure if the shield from HoR works though but if it does (or does someday) the initial brunt of damage is curbed using HoR first. This is pretty much necessary with rogues. If I can last to get my second HoR up then I will win against rogues, unfortunately often I don't. Against good rogues if they fire razor shield I kite around a corner (to avoid line of sight for bow) and try to get them to waste some of the duration while HoR ticks.