PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo mage!

Caiahar
01-25-2013, 08:54 PM
I recently decided to make a voodoo Mage for pvp lvl 35 and started farming in swamps to get them. I have a couple of questions.

1. Voodoo wand or staff?
I decided that I should probably have two load outs for staff and wand. Can you guys explain which one would be best for which opponent? Example: I should use the staff to deal with pallies, bears, and others and what to use it for. The wand for armor, dps, whatever.

2. Where to farm?
I started farming in Bayou Boss Brawl (which I got a voodoo staff and voodoo doll) for voodoo. In McCroc Homestead (or the other McCroc dungeon) I defeated the swamp hag and got a voodoo staff on first try, no re rolls. So can you guys tell me where is the best place to farm or the best dungeon to farm or the best boss to farm?

3. Skill Build and Stats?
What skill build should I use and a recommended stat build? Sorry, I'm bad at this, but I would appreciate it if you guys did!

4. Who to fight???
Simple. Who should I fight and stay away from? Ex: Stay away from forgotten bow ppl or fight them with staff/wand. Should I fight pallies or warbirds with a wand or stay away from them? Tell me who to fight and who not to fight!

So these are my questions for a voodoo Mage and you guys might call me a beggar or noob or whatever, but please try to answer these questions!

cookiez
01-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Get forgotten bow> Ms, auto, drain

Caiahar
01-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Get forgotten bow> Ms, auto, drain

This topic isn't about forgotten bows. I am doing voodoo set. So don't try to make me do forg bows

MightyMicah
01-25-2013, 10:34 PM
This topic isn't about forgotten bows. I am doing voodoo set. So don't try to make me do forg bows

Smart man. Forgotten bow is a quick way to partial success. Voodoo Mage wins over it everytime when skill levels are equal.

1. Wand and eyeball is my favorite set. I wouldn't ever use a staff.
2. I honestly don't even know for sure. I believe bayou boss brawl as you said.
3. Stats-67 dex and the rest int. (so you can use a 10 damage 2 crit ring)
Build-This is so controversial. I'll let someone smarter than me answer that :)
4. Your biggest enemy in a fair 1v1 fight is a warbear. Everyone else can be dominated with a Mage. Dex birds with forgotten bows will be hard as well, but I still think mages are better in the end.

iRusher
01-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Smart man. Forgotten bow is a quick way to partial success. Voodoo Mage wins over it everytime when skill levels are equal.

1. Wand and eyeball is my favorite set. I wouldn't ever use a staff.
2. I honestly don't even know for sure. I believe bayou boss brawl as you said.
3. Stats-67 dex and the rest int. (so you can use a 10 damage 2 crit ring)
Build-This is so controversial. I'll let someone smarter than me answer that :)
4. Your biggest enemy in a fair 1v1 fight is a warbear. Everyone else can be dominated with a Mage. Dex birds with forgotten bows will be hard as well, but I still think mages are better in the end.

^^

Try farming the swamp hag in the place where hooch hats drop..that's where I farmed my robes and wand

Caiahar
01-26-2013, 02:04 PM
So can anyone tell me the skill build?

MightyMicah
01-26-2013, 02:17 PM
So can anyone tell me the skill build?

Well, you can take my advice if you want. I've tried two different builds before.

Build #1: 6 on both buffs, 6 fire, 6 drain, 6 ice, 3 heal, 1 light, 1 mana shield
Build #2: 6 on both buffs, 5 fire, 5 drain, 5 ice, 3 heal, 3 light, 1 mana shield

I liked build #2 best. It's up to you, though, if you even wanna use these at all! I'm sure some pro out there could explain why these builds suck. Anyways...hope this helps!

Caiahar
01-26-2013, 10:00 PM
I know I may be asking to much, but can more people post more skill builds for me to be sure? Another request, how should I use my skills? Like frostbite, firestorm. Tell me which order I should use skills in.

iRusher
01-27-2013, 11:00 AM
I know I may be asking to much, but can more people post more skill builds for me to be sure? Another request, how should I use my skills? Like frostbite, firestorm. Tell me which order I should use skills in.

Buffs lighting drain fire heal

But do it very fast

Griffinfan
01-27-2013, 11:22 AM
For bears : Mana shield at start if your not sure you can win. Try to counter the bears beckon with fire storm so they don't pull you so close also throw in drain right after fire and ice after drain. So what comes of it is the bear will get knocked back>drained> then frozen in place

For Birds: Use your heal wisely, you could go from winning the battle to dead in seconds. Try to kite the bird if they are trying to rush in on you, kite as in auto>firestorm to knock them back> and ice to hold them in place. Birds also dodge alot so make sure to get lighting in on them if they come close to debuff them.

For Mages: Use your drain wisely, lay down alot of damage by doing the ice>fire combo. The best I have found to use on other mages is Ice>Drain>Fire>Lightning. If it is a forgotten mage the go ahead and nuke as fast as possible. So Mana Shield>Drain>Light>Fire>Ice (on forgotten mages).

Another tip when fighting another voodoo, don't get very close, try to stay at 8m so that they can't keep autoing you.

hope this helps, let me know if you want someone to practice with.

Noodleleg
01-27-2013, 11:39 AM

But do it very fast

Please tell me you're joking...

OverkillED
01-27-2013, 11:58 AM
My voodoo build is 6 both buffs, 3 heal, 1 mana shield, 6 drain, 5 fire, 6 light, 1 frost.

It's just an ok build, but I am not too good at voodoo ^_^

MightyMicah
01-27-2013, 01:19 PM

Actually, that is a good move to nuke a Mage with...assuming of course that the Mage has no mana shield and is in range of light...

Noodleleg
01-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Actually, that is a good move to nuke a Mage with...assuming of course that the Mage has no mana shield and is in range of light...

Eh... But in the beginning of fights... I've already started my nuke at 14m...

iRusher
01-27-2013, 10:57 PM

But do it very fast

I'm not, it worked very well for me.

Noodleleg
01-27-2013, 11:24 PM

Good luck using that on me...

iRusher
01-27-2013, 11:30 PM

Good luck using that on me...

A lot of people thought it sucked, then they pvped me.

Also I can't, I'm banned.

Zapoke
01-28-2013, 09:11 AM

It's a good idea.. If the other person doesn't have a quick nuke. Because if they do, you'll be dead before you're drain hits..

iRusher
01-28-2013, 05:29 PM

It's a good idea.. If the other person doesn't have a quick nuke. Because if they do, you'll be dead before you're drain hits..

Nahh..it worked great when I pvped

MightyMicah
01-28-2013, 07:32 PM
I'll vouch for iRusher. He wasn't bad at all. I never got the chance to face him or Noodle, but I know he was good. I doubt if I could beat him.

Zapoke
01-28-2013, 08:09 PM
I'll vouch for iRusher. He wasn't bad at all. I never got the chance to face him or Noodle, but I know he was good. I doubt if I could beat him.

I didn't say he wasn't good. I knew someone very good who used a similar combo. Just saying.

iRusher
01-28-2013, 09:30 PM

I didn't say he wasn't good. I knew someone very good who used a similar combo. Just saying.

And who was that?:]

iRusher
01-28-2013, 09:31 PM

You've fought me..we used to rush each other all the time lol..then we settled it

MightyMicah
01-28-2013, 10:47 PM
You've fought me..we used to rush each other all the time lol..then we settled it

That was on my int bird though. Lol

iRusher
01-28-2013, 11:11 PM

That was on my int bird though. Lol

Good point, but you've seen me fight.

Only people I couldn't beat were Shelby and Blitz..lol

Noodleleg
01-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Good point, but you've seen me fight.

Only people I couldn't beat were Shelby and Blitz..lol

I found Shelby much harder than Wyatt :p... I could get like a 1:2-3 on her :/

winterblood
01-29-2013, 07:54 AM

100000000% Agree with ya

Zapoke
01-29-2013, 09:01 AM

And who was that?:]

Vestachar.

MightyMicah
01-29-2013, 09:36 AM

True that. Although, in all honesty, I found Blitz responded to FFA much better than Shelby.

iRusher
01-29-2013, 04:03 PM

True that. Although, in all honesty, I found Blitz responded to FFA much better than Shelby.

Yeah, Shelby was harder I only could NOT beat him. I could beat Blitz on occasion though.

Kixxler
01-29-2013, 07:14 PM
1. doesn't matter, get a forg
2. doesn't matter, get a forg
3. doesn't matter, get a forg
4. doesn't matter, get a forg

Caiahar
01-29-2013, 08:10 PM

I don't care about forg bows. I think forg bows are for "noobs" or are for ppl who are too lazy to get a real set or build.

iRusher
01-29-2013, 09:00 PM

I don't care about forg bows. I think forg bows are for "noobs" or are for ppl who are too lazy to get a real set or build.

I'd thank you but I'm on mobile app.

Deadbite
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Is voodoo the same as it was back in 2011??? Were new voodoos were rushed on sight? Or has it changed??? I'm considering remaking mine. Either imadvoodooi or ugotnukedddd.

Dragonrider023
01-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Wand set!

Zapoke
01-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Is voodoo the same as it was back in 2011??? Were new voodoos were rushed on sight? Or has it changed??? I'm considering remaking mine. Either imadvoodooi or ugotnukedddd.

Not the same. Still some of the oldies playing there, but mostly new people (new being relevant...). I'd get either a FB yourself, or H'ween items (to combat the "FB rushers" that will eventually plague you.) It's almost as good as it was before. Almost, but not quite. Lol.

iRusher
01-29-2013, 11:41 PM

Not the same. Still some of the oldies playing there, but mostly new people (new being relevant...). I'd get either a FB yourself, or H'ween items (to combat the "FB rushers" that will eventually plague you.) It's almost as good as it was before. Almost, but not quite. Lol.

So many rushers now I think.

Don't use an fbow...use a voodoo set.

But don't take my advice I'm a noob

But then again a voodoo set worked pretty well against fbow mages and birds

MightyMicah
01-30-2013, 06:16 AM

I would have to disagree with Zap. The only difference between now and 2011 is the drama skyrocketed and, instead of new guys getting rushed, everyone gets rushed. I do 35 undercover because, if I didn't I'd explode with drama.

Zapoke
01-30-2013, 09:06 AM

I would have to disagree with Zap. The only difference between now and 2011 is the drama skyrocketed and, instead of new guys getting rushed, everyone gets rushed. I do 35 undercover because, if I didn't I'd explode with drama.

That's weird. I have only gotten rushed by a mediocre Voodoo so far, and I've not seen many Fbows tbh. But hey, I only play 10-30 minutes a day.

razerfingers
01-30-2013, 10:37 AM
The ones using forgotten staffs suck js..
Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

OverkillED
01-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Screw voodoo mages, go get a forgotten bow! <--- Whoever says that OR ---> Voodoo mages are awesome! Screw forgottens!

SCREW YOU! :D

VOODOO BEHRS UNITE!

Spyce
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Screw voodoo mages, go get a forgotten bow! <--- Whoever says that OR ---> Voodoo mages are awesome! Screw forgottens!

SCREW YOU! :D

VOODOO BEHRS UNITE!

Lol I have a voodoo behr!

:-D
01-31-2013, 11:42 PM
You're all too kind:peaceful:

Noodleleg
02-01-2013, 07:37 AM
You're all too kind:peaceful:

...and you're too haxy... :hopelessness: