PDA

View Full Version : My newest thoughts on PvP:

Vystirch
01-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Classes:

Well as many of you have seen I have said often that the PvP is balanced.
This being said I still do believe it. I just see small tweaks needed to each class.

I have meet mages that cat solo rogues, mages that can solo warriors. Rogues that can solo mages, rogues that can solo warriors. Warriors that can solo mages, and warriors that can solo rogues.
This is why I think PvP is balanced.

warrior: Shield removed from horn; defense raised.
rogues: Dps decreased slightly.
mages: less time on fireballs stun time.

With these small changes I believe PvP will be much more balanced.
Also to help PvP become even more than just a 1-3hit kill zone I suggest dmg/dps and heal be sliced 25-50% for all classes.

Maps:

Ok the current 5v5 Ctf PvP map is fun..... But it will obviously get boring.
So I am going to list the PvP types I would like to see in the future.

FFA Maps:
(1v1) always fun for bragging rights and true test of skills.
(8FFA) A wide valley where everyone is against there neighbor. This is always fun to see how long you can survive. needs to be LARGE open map. *i have lots of ideas that can happen with this*
(1v1 Tournements: with prize) a bracket of about 16 players that play for a prize of a chest/coin/gold. All 1v1 matches.

Team Maps:
(2v2) playing tag team is always fun.
(Tower Defense 10v10) having teams protect multiple towers for a 2-5min. count down timer would be awesome!
(GvG 10v10) Having wars where only members of there respective guild can join would be immensely fun for guilds to do together. would also bring more meaning to join a guild for more than a name and the people in it.

Award System:

An award system for PvP besides stats and achievement points is needed!
Being awarded a coin for winning would prevent things and make a larger PvP community.

How it would work:

For ctf the winning team would be awarded 2 PvP coins to each player and the losing team would get 1 PvP coin to each player. For FFA there would be either a kill or survivability count that would translate into PvP coins.

Pros:
1. Players get rewarded for PvP effort.
2. Team work required in team maps.
3. Prizes!
4. Prevents losing teams from dropping out, as they will get a count for playing also.

Cons:
1. Abused ( none if items can't be traded )

*prob. More but was done thinking on pros and cons.*

Rewards!:
Things coins could be spent on.

-Vanity!
-Titles!
-Banners!
-Pets!
-Weapons!

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Ok above are my ideas at the moment. If you like them plz hit thanks on the bottom left. also plz leave feedback so that our ideas can conform to become what ALL people would like to see in PvP.

Cya on the battlefield :)
-Vys

Vilified
01-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Maybe make the pvp purchased items bound to your character then it couldn't really be abused, but they're all epic ideas

Vystirch
01-26-2013, 01:49 AM
Maybe make the pvp purchased items bound to your character then it couldn't really be abused, but they're all epic ideas

Great idea.

Cashews
01-26-2013, 03:48 AM
Halving the damage for all classes is a good idea, provided it doesn't carry over to pve. Heals would also need to be nerfed.

Vystirch
01-26-2013, 04:37 AM
Halving the damage for all classes is a good idea, provided it doesn't carry over to pve. Heals would also need to be nerfed.

True! Ty!

Edit

Bless
01-26-2013, 07:37 AM
Nice ideas vys, loving the reward system (as long as some idiot doesnt find a way to exploit it) and the tower defense idea!

Testi
01-26-2013, 11:31 AM
For the most part I like your ideas.

For me though, the biggest problem with PvP is the folks that can't handle dying, then get all rude and whiny in chat.

"I was low health" "I was lagged" "noobs gangbanged me" "oh yeah 1v1 me! Cheater!"

You've all played with those guys.

Vystirch
01-26-2013, 12:11 PM
For the most part I like your ideas.

For me though, the biggest problem with PvP is the folks that can't handle dying, then get all rude and whiny in chat.

"I was low health" "I was lagged" "noobs gangbanged me" "oh yeah 1v1 me! Cheater!"

You've all played with those guys.

Yep, they are just winning because they have to feel good about them selves because they normally don't have any skill.

yongaries
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah vys.. token for pvp shld be a must to have. Need some motivation there.

Erdnase
01-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Good ideas vys. I think a big valley (or forest, were u have to run around trees or use them as a shield) fight for yourself game would be awesome. Almost like hunger games. One life, one try, last one standing wins. As i said this would be nice, just don't know if this game is made exactly for it.

Duflie
01-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Decrease dps for rogue slightly? Then for war and mage they just get a clear nerf lol. Decrease until you can't get 1 hit ko off of 700+ armor or 1500+ hp

Vystirch
01-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Decrease dps for rogue slightly? Then for war and mage they just get a clear nerf lol. Decrease until you can't get 1 hit ko off of 700+ armor or 1500+ hp

Decrease, rouge dmg slightly, and then nerf all dps by 25-50% I'm sure that this would make us not one hitters.

gnug
01-26-2013, 10:20 PM
I dont think rogues need nerfed at all. Give mages all of their stuns and knock backs and i wouldnt mind getting one shotted every once in a while. Warriors need to lose the range they have with swords though

Vystirch
01-26-2013, 10:45 PM
I dont think rogues need nerfed at all. Give mages all of their stuns and knock backs and i wouldnt mind getting one shotted every once in a while. Warriors need to lose the range they have with swords though

Well I'm trying to make everyone happy with one idea, but I could see what your saying happening.

+2 for warrior's weapons range.

SweetieCakes
01-26-2013, 11:08 PM
I agree fully. CTF map is getting boring. I agree to the game types you made

Vystirch
01-27-2013, 12:10 AM
I agree fully. CTF map is getting boring. I agree to the game types you made

Ty <3

Jackyll
01-27-2013, 12:21 AM
I really would like to see a reward system implemented. I am currently living in PVP and something a little more for the effort than achievement points would be fantastic.

Vystirch
01-27-2013, 01:55 AM
I really would like to see a reward system implemented. I am currently living in PVP and something a little more for the effort than achievement points would be fantastic.

Yes it is needed.

Fluffysox
01-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Reward system should be unique, items you can't get/rarely get. Maybe new mythical creatures that are about 10,000 coins?

Vystirch
01-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Reward system should be unique, items you can't get/rarely get. Maybe new mythical creatures that are about 10,000 coins?

Cool idea, or maybe the arcane category is for PvP? Who knows.....

Wizard_Mike
01-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Also to help PvP become even more than just a 1-3hit kill zone I suggest dmg/dps and heal be sliced 25-50% for all classes.

Yeah, reducing damage in PvP by half is what I said, too. You wouldn't even have to do much else, either, because those long stuns aren't so extreme when you aren't getting killed in 2 shots, heh. If you reduce PvP damage on top of reducing stun times, then it might make the stuns too weak. And that's coming from someone who doesn't PvP with a sorcerer.

Also, I know there's a lot of complaints over the warrior's shield, but it might not be as bad as many people think it is. Some of us are starting to notice that we can still be killed even while the shield is up. There's a discussion about it in the warrior forum. So yeah, coming from a warrior, I would love to see your suggestion be put in. Giving up a shield that doesn't actually seem to save me for more defense? Sure! ;) I'm already considering respeccing to move that point somewhere else, hehe.

nicoB
01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
I just couldnt resist but instead dps, would it be dmg that needs a littpe.nerf to prevent one hit kill. if its aimed shot your talking which is affected by your damage stat....i dont understand how anyone can one shot a warrior o.O i dont understand how anyone gets a one shot kill. ive only.done it once and it was a low lvl mage with crappy gear. maybe its because i play end game pvp. apparently lvl 16 rogue twinks own pvp at there respective lvls. i like your ideas. but cut dps in half. pvp will last a whil. mana will go fast unless you have a mana regen skill...oh mages. sounds like a mage nuke fest to me..or not, never know

Vystirch
01-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah, reducing damage in PvP by half is what I said, too. You wouldn't even have to do much else, either, because those long stuns aren't so extreme when you aren't getting killed in 2 shots, heh. If you reduce PvP damage on top of reducing stun times, then it might make the stuns too weak. And that's coming from someone who doesn't PvP with a sorcerer.

Also, I know there's a lot of complaints over the warrior's shield, but it might not be as bad as many people think it is. Some of us are starting to notice that we can still be killed even while the shield is up. There's a discussion about it in the warrior forum. So yeah, coming from a warrior, I would love to see your suggestion be put in. Giving up a shield that doesn't actually seem to save me for more defense? Sure! ;) I'm already considering respeccing to move that point somewhere else, hehe.

All good thoughts, guess we won't know unless they give it a whirl.

I just couldnt resist but instead dps, would it be dmg that needs a littpe.nerf to prevent one hit kill. if its aimed shot your talking which is affected by your damage stat....i dont understand how anyone can one shot a warrior o.O i dont understand how anyone gets a one shot kill. ive only.done it once and it was a low lvl mage with crappy gear. maybe its because i play end game pvp. apparently lvl 16 rogue twinks own pvp at there respective lvls. i like your ideas. but cut dps in half. pvp will last a whil. mana will go fast unless you have a mana regen skill...oh mages. sounds like a mage nuke fest to me..or not, never know

I said that dmg and dps both need to be nerfed. Yes it would make one shots less common but dps still needs a nerf.

Vystirch
01-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Bump, still think this idea should get some attention.

pilon
01-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Any kind of guilds fights or events will be appreciate, really. thks !

Vystirch
01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Any kind of guilds fights or events will be appreciate, really. thks !

Guild wars are much needed!

Roberto077
01-30-2013, 04:40 PM
The 10v10 tower defense sounds like a MOBA gametype. It would be awesome to have a MOBA gametype as a part of the game.

Vystirch
01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
The 10v10 tower defense sounds like a MOBA gametype. It would be awesome to have a MOBA gametype as a part of the game.

My idea also!

pilon
01-31-2013, 03:28 AM
I played a coreen mmorpg for like 4 years, every week-end it was the guild wars between all the guilds in a special map wit a castle to defend, was very very fun n very competitve, each class worked together coz it was the only way to win. What the point to have a support mage if u never ever get any credit in winning ?

Plus thats give another reason to get cap n dun stay twink forever...

Vystirch
02-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Gonna bump this again....

Vystirch
02-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Bumping again because I am not arguing in PVP threads anymore just stating my opinion above.

Bless
02-07-2013, 01:35 PM
I got some more so just gonna add more later

Vystirch
02-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Bump, because it's time to bump this again......

inkredible
02-12-2013, 06:47 PM
A "1v1" Map would be a great idea, or 2v2..
Having options while entering PVP whether you like it to be
"capture the flag" with 5 parties
or option with a random 1v1
or option with 2v2
or option with 5v5 - no flags etc

Reading other's replies.. the damage now i think is fine
I really have no problem with how pvp right now.. just slight changes like ^ mentioned above

VY's suggestion about warrior's shield, rogues dps, mages stun, can be workable and IS A GREAT IDEA.. BUT ONLY IN PVP..
because it's actually useful for everyone when you're running PVE with a group..
leave everythin as it is now in PVE.. but entering the PVP change a few things.. but either way im fine with how it is now

Jessicazx
02-12-2013, 10:56 PM
You sir deserve a medal.

Vystirch
02-12-2013, 10:59 PM
You sir deserve a medal.

Is it rly that good?
It rly the only options I see for ctf/PvP.

Origin
02-13-2013, 02:58 AM
Great suggestions! :-) I'd love to see mages given faster movement, and less stun time.

Vystirch
02-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Guess they didn't read this, now rouges need to be repaired. :(