View Full Version : Few changes for AL CTF

azefekie
01-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Hey STS, we are aware that the release of AL CTF is still new and in the working. Here are a few ideas from what I've witnessed and had to deal with...

-Mana orbs: there are as you know only 2 mana orbs in a map, after one big "mob" fight all the rouges and mages for the most part are out of mana. This leave the possibility of only 2 players getting mana restored, the players who didn't get the mana are now sitting ducks. They don't have mana to defend themselves and it gets really boring constantly being a sitting duck. I believe adding 2 extra mana orbs would be greatly appreciated by all players..especially by rouges and mages.

-Tank skill "horn": Horn has become the topic of almost every CTF match, with multiple tanks it is impossible to kill them with this skill, that doesn't leave a fair playing field. If horn just did a regular heal and didn't shield or give invulnerability than tanks wouldn't be so OP. They already have 3-4.5k hp, last thing they need is to be so OP they can't die.

Now a few people may say something about mages having shield and me wanting to get rid of Horn shield/invulnerability for warriors. Our shield has a 30 sec cool down that doesn't heal us and your horn skill cools down in 15 secs...pretty OP in CTF map.

-Stun: Stun has become a problem for a lot of people and now i have a clear understanding why, the reason STS made sure ice wouldn't be able to freeze an opponent is it would obviously make an unfair playing field. "stunning" does the same thing as ice does in a PVE map..constantly keeps someone from moving. I can constantly stun an opponent and kill them before they hit me once, this is pretty unfair if you know how to do this. Tanks can also constantly stun with skyward slam, CTF is suppose to be fun and with these few "problems" more and more people are starting to stop playing CTf.

Energizeric
01-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Without the ability to stun rogues and warriors, I would never win a fight. I have to hit a rogue 5 times to win a fight, he only has to hit me once. Without stun that's impossible as we would just trade blows and I would be dead long before he would. I'd also never be able to kill a warrior as if we just trade blows he would win as well. As of right now, mages are underpowered compared to the other classes, but stun is our only tool to even work with, and even still we are at a huge disadvantage. Just look at the leaderboards and you will see that there's barely any sorcerers on either the Flag or Kill leaderboards.

azefekie
01-26-2013, 07:40 PM
I know what you're saying but warriors don't need stun, they're OP as is. I do think it is unfair to constantly stun someone though. although I've never been able to constantly stun a tank...they are by far the most OP class. Hopefully STS has a fix for CTF or it will become a PVE game only and i personally play their games for PvP and CTF.

Energizeric
01-26-2013, 08:15 PM
I know what you're saying but warriors don't need stun, they're OP as is. I do think it is unfair to constantly stun someone though. although I've never been able to constantly stun a tank...they are by far the most OP class. Hopefully STS has a fix for CTF or it will become a PVE game only and i personally play their games for PvP and CTF.

In the case of my sorcerer, I've only got one stun which is fireball (freeze doesn't work), and the stun is for a shorter period than the cooldown of the skill. So I cannot keep you stunned. However, yesterday I was fighting with a group of mages, and we were able to keep enemies stunned by each using fireball at different time intervals. But that is to be expected if you are outnumbered.

azefekie
01-26-2013, 08:38 PM
there is another way for a mage to constantly stun, the less people know about it the better.
In the case of my sorcerer, I've only got one stun which is fireball (freeze doesn't work), and the stun is for a shorter period than the cooldown of the skill. So I cannot keep you stunned. However, yesterday I was fighting with a group of mages, and we were able to keep enemies stunned by each using fireball at different time intervals. But that is to be expected if you are outnumbered.