PDA

View Full Version : Charging Skills

Darko Summon
01-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Hi, I was just wondering about what benefits (if any) is there to charging a skill that doesn't have an additional effect that requires the charge? i.e (procs chance to stun when charged etc.) Is there still a damage boost? Or is it best to just use normal attacks to skills that don't have added benefit when charged. I've tried testing this with damage on mobs with really no exact conclusion. Some "test dummies" in the cities to help with testing dps would be nice for future dps calculations. Anyways, any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!

iacito
01-26-2013, 06:06 PM
charging damaging skills llike lightning or aimed shot gives more damage in addition to any special effect, and charging heal heals more health .

Norbert
01-26-2013, 08:53 PM
I test in the story quests. The one in Travelers is good as you get mini bosses and you can see your damage pretty well. If you dismiss your pet you get rid of that damage too. I do wish the damage to me was one color and the damage I cause was another, but at least in the story runs you can tell. I sometimes go do an easy map too, to check on aoe with my Mage.

My general conclusions are that I generally only charge when I want the affect, otherwise I can get better overall damage by not charging and using my auto attack interspersed with skills.