PDA

View Full Version : Issue with being stunned.

Jackyll
01-26-2013, 08:47 PM
first off I am in no way shape or form a pro at PvP, but I have an issue with being stunned. I am a warrior and have the skill "Juggernaut" equipped with the ability "Unstoppable" added. the description is: "Charged Juggernaut removed movement-impaired effects." Multiple time today I've been stunned by any class while I had just charged and released Juggernaut. I specifically respeced yesterday to add this ability to stop having this issue and be a better PvP warrior. Can someone look into this and see why it's still happening?

Edit>> since i'm here I also want to address the healing spots/flag in PvP. it's not a huge issue just annoying more than anything, but when i stand on flag or a healing spot or mana w/e it takes a second for the affects to happen. now when i'm in the fray so to speak and have a mob around me that second means a lot. A few occasions come to mind where I was standing on the healing spot, died and never healed. so just something else to address.

Thanks.

Fluffysox
01-26-2013, 10:16 PM
First paragraph is true, most people have problems with a lot of their skills not working. Like time, it doesn't root in pvp. The second paragraph is just lag, I've had it before.

Bless
01-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Movement impaired does not effect stuns I presume. I think they mean roots, freezes and snares.

Jackyll
01-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Movement impaired does not effect stuns I presume. I think they mean roots, freezes and snares.

so then the purpose of my respec was pointless and a waste of 5 plat?

Bless
01-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Yup

Jackyll
01-26-2013, 11:47 PM
well i sent a request to STS just now to investigate the issue, i'll post their response and clear up all this confusion with skills once they respond.

Vilified
01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Your movement isn't impaired until after fireball hits you, so casting it first does no good.

Also spells appear to be interruptible, whenever I get hit as I'm casting something it doesn't go off and I still have the cool down to wait out.

Astrocat
01-31-2013, 01:21 PM
A rogue can keep you stunned all along until you're dead. This, is, not cool, at all. :(

Infrico
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Astro is completely right about the stun issue. Although, look at it another way. Removing this from rogue's would be fine, np, they still acquire something unique which is crits and high dmg output. Now, if you look at mages, lets be honest, the fireball/charge wep attack combo is all they have, take that away from them and I see no way how a mage can even survive in PvP, they have lower dmg than rogues let alone the least hp/armor of all classes, they cannot do anything, simple. Now i'm not saying we should keep it cos I myself find it stupid that you can perm stun a rogue or warrior as a mage, and the push proc is also powerful, but if sts are considering removing this stun tactic for mage, i suggest, absolutely buff the hell out its damage or hp, cos the fact is, thats all they have atm.

warbluefish
02-01-2013, 05:08 AM
haha for mages. if u dont stun u die. if u do stun 60% of chance u still die. cos the dmg is too low. it takes a long time to take down a warrior. during the fight either ganged down by others or by miss press a skill u smash to death by the warrior.

spiderpig
02-01-2013, 07:32 AM
A rogue can keep you stunned all along until you're dead. This, is, not cool, at all. :(

and whirlwind while being stunned still kills a rogue so it depends :)

we cant survive a warrior and mages with all their stuns/snare if we dont have stun also (which is kinda hard to time since we need to charge normal and catch the opponent )..once missed goodbye..once a hit we can only do 1-2 normal plus aimed shot then need to charge again..

warriors have 3 stuns/snares i think skyward/whirlwind/the pulling thingy

mages have 3 also i think

without stun its difficult to kill a mage (especially w/ shield)..its challenging since fireball/lightning can kill a rogue easily..the only thing we can do is either die before we can even touch mages or if lucky be able to stun the mage and have the *now high chance of killing him/her..

for warriors, i usually charge the normal and not the aimed shot when rooming around..the problem arise when a warrior stuns me first or use the pulling stuff making my charged normal attack resets and not being able to stun..we might be able to but it would be too late since rogues die easy..

i dont know if im correct or not but this is only my opinion.

Vilified
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
They should leave the stun in without it it would be a rogues game again. Rogues complain about stun because they don't have much of it and they're always dying from it..... Which is the point if you don't stun a rogue your dead in 1/2-2 seconds.

IMHO pvp is very balanced as a Mage I can kill any class but they can also kill me just as easily, obviously there's always gonna be a build or two on one class that's superior. But I couldn't even tell you who the OP class is because Its so close it's anyone's game, if they tweak it much more all they can do from here is unbalance it I think

Imwatchingyou
02-01-2013, 04:14 PM
just a friendly reminder, when your ping runs green at 15 (which is excellent btw), there is no lag. I find it very lame people use lag to spread conspiracy. It's the game, not lag.

Lalarie
02-01-2013, 04:17 PM
just a friendly reminder, when your ping runs green at 15 (which is excellent btw), there is no lag. I find it very lame people use lag to spread conspiracy. It's the game, not lag.

What if it is lag o.o

spiderpig
02-01-2013, 04:21 PM

when a warrior just drops from the sky out of nowhere and rogues flying from one end of the room to another even with a green ping indicator thats lag and thats what people are experiencing.

and i really dont use lag as an excuse but lately its just annoying that you cant play smoothly with all these stuff messing the game

Vilified
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
when a warrior just drops from the sky out of nowhere and rogues flying from one end of the room to another even with a green ping indicator thats lag and thats what people are experiencing.

and i really dont use lag as an excuse but lately its just annoying that you cant play smoothly with all these stuff messing the game

Lag is a huge part of competitive gaming anywhere you go look at CoD,halo, GoW, or anything along this lines there's always laggy games because people with bad connections and slow devices bring it with them. If your lagging way to much quit and find a new game that isn't lagging so bad.

Edit: the only way they're gonna be able to get rid of all the lag is too raise requirements for connection speed and devices which people are already complaining about so you might as well get used to compensating for it

spiderpig
02-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Lag is a huge part of competitive gaming anywhere you go look at CoD,halo, GoW, or anything along this lines there's always laggy games because people with bad connections and slow devices bring it with them. If your lagging way to much quit and find a new game that isn't lagging so bad.

im no quitter.btw why are you talking lag here when the post us about stuns?

Vilified
02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
im no quitter.btw why are you talking lag here when the post us about stuns?

If you don't want to quit when your at a clear disadvantage you have no right to complain about lag, beacause your choosing to deal with it.

Idk the conversation just drifted that way so I went with it

spiderpig
02-01-2013, 06:56 PM
If you don't want to quit when your at a clear disadvantage you have no right to complain about lag, beacause your choosing to deal with it.

Idk the conversation just drifted that way so I went with it
i see it already..my bad