PDA

View Full Version : Stop Team Stacking

barbzilla
01-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Okay, rant first;
I just did 2 matches in a row where people would quit the match and then join the other team. The first match it was 3v2 in my favor (3 my team 2 theirs) we were ahead and one person felt bad so he joined their team. The other person, who was a friend of his, followed him when he realized it. This now made it 4v1 against me on CTF... I was a bit irritated, I defended my flag fairly well and ended up only losing 1 capture before more people joined the game (and my team). In the end it was 5v5 and they won by 1. Then I joined a DM, by the time the match started it was 3v2, this time not in my favor. The other person on my team was a scrub and we were losing (i'm not that great either, and this guy was worse than me). At just over a minute he leaves the game, then joins their team. It is now 4v1 again and I am getting my *** kicked hard. Shortly there after they split up and started spawn camping me (though this allowed me to get a few kills because it became 1v1. However as soon as I would spawn I would get hit with fully charged plague rats, so I start at a disadvantage. This is unsportsmanlike conduct in its fullest. Complete with people talking trash.

This kind of stuff needs to end. Their needs to be a block implemented to where the gap in players never goes above one. If a team has 1 more player than the other team, that team should be un-joinable until it is evened out. Almost every other PvP game in existence has this. There also needs to be a penalty for leaving a game and joining the other team, or just leaving the game. Something to the effect of a 2 minute debuff that prevents them from joining a game until it has expired (the 2 minute thing shouldn't start until the game does, this allows people to exit and try to get more players before the game starts).

Sam_Arah
01-27-2013, 02:03 PM
I share your frustration, and I like your ideas in your 2nd paragraph. If it happens before game starts that is ok with me, cause then you can decide to leave or join. Problem as you indicated is when it happens during a game.

Let me tell you a story:
I've had that happen were my team was ahead in players (5 vs 3) in ctf, and I said in game chat that I would sit out till even. People on my team called me out that I should continue to play, and said that other team wouldnt do the same for my team if the situation was reversed. I didn't believe my teammates. Well eventually teams balanced out (5 vs. 5), and game went on. We lost two players (3 vs 5) for whatever reason, and I asked the other team to return the favor. They didnt. Learned my lesson the frustrating way.

Also, I know you didnt mention spawn killing but heres my 2 cents. There have been times when I attack opponents base to get their flag, and while going there see an enemy spawn and not move. Once I round the corner they magically come alive and attack me from behind. Learned another lesson.

The moral of the story:
If your up a man or two, just continue to press on. There is no guarantee that other team will return the favor if your sit. Press on and hopefully your team can finish the game rather than extend if their team balances. In regards for spawn killing, its your call. If you dont attack, they will attack you once you round the corner or once you or your teammate gets the flag.

I've played pvp for a very long time and I've seen the sportsmanship deteriorate as the gameplay gets more competitive and heated ...
*stacking of teams (guild or not), before match or during ... lol (5 vs 0)
*leaving during and returning
*asking people to leave so that they can substitute stronger players
*trash talking
*accusing people of defending (if other team has a base defender, why cant ours?)
*saying gg when they win, but not when they lose
*spawn killing
* etc.

Unfortunately there are very few in-game options limit the above. So you just have to decide how you will react when faced with these players. I made a suggestion before to make a time limit for CTF matches, like 60 minute countdown. Including yours would be good.

Snalin
02-05-2013, 04:14 AM
same thing happening in their new game arcane legends

lawls

Itisi
02-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Dark Legends has deteriorated in its' sportmanship..:'( I agree Sam. However, I will always sit if my team is uneven, no matter if they won't. I play for the fun as well as frustration. (I admit to be a trashtalker at times) and I am all about honor and sportsmanship.
My opinion, if the other team stacks, more kills for me. Just play your best. :-)

Archangelous
02-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Agreed itisi. Stick with ur guns. Rack up the kills. And try ur best to be fair. Ive been caught in bad situations as well. And have been apart of the bad situation. It happens. The key is to rack up those kills and have fun. :)

Archangelous
02-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Oh and i personally dont like talking trash... But i love dealing the damage to the trash talkers. And thats fun as well.

doomdoomdoom
02-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Sitting out until even doesn't seem to work for me. A couple of times I've even posted that I'd try to invite more for the other team and someone came and attacked me while I was inviting. Maybe they don't have the chat expanded so they didn't see my post.

What I do, depends on which toon I'm using. I'm a decent DM player with my doomdoomdoom toon which is a level 19. With her if I'm on the bigger team that is winning, I'll usually switch to join the loosing team. Most times I end up loosing the game, but get a lot of kills. Once I got 26 kills and still lost. >_<

I'm still learning how to pvp with my level 31 toon, doomdoom. On that character, I don't always switch to join the outnumbered team....cuz sometimes I help and sometimes I just make them loose faster.

Note: I don't belong to any pvp guild...if I did, I imagine someone would have told me to stop switching to help the other team by now.

doomdoomdoom
02-18-2013, 06:13 PM
This kind of stuff needs to end. Their needs to be a block implemented to where the gap in players never goes above one. If a team has 1 more player than the other team, that team should be un-joinable until it is evened out. Almost every other PvP game in existence has this. There also needs to be a penalty for leaving a game and joining the other team, or just leaving the game. Something to the effect of a 2 minute debuff that prevents them from joining a game until it has expired (the 2 minute thing shouldn't start until the game does, this allows people to exit and try to get more players before the game starts).

I like these ideas, but would like the penalty to only apply if leaving the loosing team. If I leave the winning side to help out the outnumbered team, the penalty shouldn't apply.

csb
02-22-2013, 03:17 PM
It is chaos. The game should do something to lock players in once they start the game. For example, no way out until the end of the game unless you kill the app and log in again.

I do change sides sometimes when i see that there is an over powered player on the other side. I want to peek at his level and stats. If the game would let me see the level and stats of the opponent, then I wouldn't have to change sides.

I hate it when the other side has all higher level players. The game should add up the level and force both sides to have the same average level. Maybe a run speed handicap can be added proportional the the level disparity. So the lower level team can run a little faster.

sirtibby
03-04-2013, 11:04 AM
There is already a 1 death penalty for leaving a game. Beyond that there is really nothing to restrict ppl from doing what they want. I agree with itisi, sitting when uneven is a matter of personal honor and is entirely up to you. As for me, I always join the team with fewer players.

Spawn killing is a touchy subject. I will do it in certain circumstances such as when someone spawns in front of me before I get to the corner to run down to their base, or when my team is picking up the flag I will go hold off the freshly spawned ppl in order to delay them so my carrier has a chance to get out.

My real gripe here is teams who don't go for flag but stack 3 goalies in their base. It makes the game pretty much pointless when they just sit in their base.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

Kraoracha
03-05-2013, 04:31 AM
Like with any game it is just defensive play or offensive I guess. If the team has 3 goalies you should bring 4 attackers, so 3 kill the goalies and the 4th fresh one takes the flag I guess.

sirtibby
03-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Agreed. That's if your team cooperates and doesn't camp themselves. (-_-) last night I was playing, my team was camping with 2 players when nobody was coming for our flag because they were all camping themselves, too. :p

Scissorhands
03-05-2013, 05:08 PM
whenever possible if players start leaving i switch to the team with the fewest players (i am often the cause of them leaving anyways). since it is no fun when one team is terribly outmatched i just help them out which extends game play and enjoyment for both teams.

Totallymad
03-11-2013, 02:21 AM
As for me I dont care about stacking cause my friend list is so huge that i can easily invite some good ppl on my side to destroy stackers team :D Most of ppl stacks cause of KS or lamos in their team (as they think) but its all about nerves ;))))) IMHOHOHO)))