PDA

View Full Version : Motorola RAZR I - Black screen then app closes - Please help

Arthas
01-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Hi,

I have the Motorola RAZRi and just downloaded Arcane Legends. Upon opening the app, the screen just stays black then the app closes. I found that this happens on both Arcane Legends AND Pocket Legends, however, Dark Legends and Star Legends begin the larger content download fine.

I have tried to reboot after install, remove SD, etc but still nothing.

Is someone able to advise if Arcane/Pocket are coded different and if there is anyway to resolve this? My partner also downloaded Arcane on her Xperia today and its running fine.

Thanks alot.

Arthas
01-28-2013, 05:32 AM
Anyone have any ideas?

Arthas
01-29-2013, 02:42 AM
Is this not the right place to report this issue? Are there no developers here who can help? This is getting really frustrating. Please can someone assist. I'm will to try a few custom apk's to see if the game can be altered to work on my RAZR.

Cheers

Seiyen
01-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Is this not the right place to report this issue? Are there no developers here who can help? This is getting really frustrating. Please can someone assist. I'm will to try a few custom apk's to see if the game can be altered to work on my RAZR.

Cheers

Dont try to mod apks , u will be banned ...

Arthas
01-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Dont try to mod apks , u will be banned ...

I think you misunderstood. Last time I had a compatibility issue with an app, the developers sent me a custom apk to trial to see if it worked before they released it live onto the store. I am happy to try a custom apk from the developers to try and get this issue patched.

Arthas
01-31-2013, 03:03 AM
Any chance of an update on this devs? Dracknor advised me that you are aware of the issue a few days ago.

Thanks

bbbeau
02-06-2013, 07:23 PM
I have the same phone and the same problem. I thought it might have something to do with the phones Intel processor but the games used to work flawlessly. Can anybody help us?

Arthas
02-07-2013, 08:14 AM
The funny thing is that Dark Legends and Star Legends work fine. Arcane and Pocket Legends have the same shut down issue. This should help the devs in solving the riddle cause there must be something in the coding which seperates these two pairs. Hopefully this can be fixed for the next update at the end of this month cause I really wanna play on my phone.

Liquid Ice
02-08-2013, 05:43 AM
I just started having this issue yesterday after the two updates on 2/7. I had been playing flawlessly from release just until yesterday and I get the same black screen plus shutdown. I have the same phone.

Arthas
02-08-2013, 06:04 AM
I was told via email that they are aware of the issue but not heard anything since. Is there anyone on here that is able to give an update? Its frustrating to say the least :(

Liquid Ice
02-08-2013, 06:13 AM
I guess all we can do is provide as much info as possible.

I have a DROID RAZR, Android version 4.0.4. I was running the updates from yesterday on 4G LTE when it suddenly went black and closed. I then tried continuously after to start back up and the same results occur.

I tried force stopping, restarting phone, and tried opening on WiFi as well. Same thing keeps occurring.

Arthas
02-08-2013, 06:22 AM
I have the same phone, running the same android version. When I download the app (via wif at home), it installs and creates shortcut, then when I click on the game for the first time, all I get is a black screen and then it force closes. I cannot get to the screen to download the game content.

I have tried re-starting the phone and installing again, tried removing SD card and re-installing, nothing seems to work, always get black screen of death.

Liquid Ice
02-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Still nothing on this? A comment of "we have no clue....but thanks for letting us know" would even suffice.

Liquid Ice
02-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Arthas, I was able to get it working. I cleared the cache and uninstalled. I then reinstalled and upon start up, I had to put in my Google login info again and then it began downloading the .apk files. My options were all back to defaults in game but I still have all items, money, pets, etc.

Arthas
02-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Still dont work man. I have tried so many things, just get a black screen then app shut down.

bbbeau
02-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Still same problem, gonna try installing it on a fresh razr i of my gf later. I'll post the results, wish the devs would try to tell us what's going on here.

bbbeau
02-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Nope. Same problem on a new, fresh razr i.

bbbeau
02-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Any word guys?

Arthas
02-10-2013, 03:01 PM
For some reason I think we are being ignored :( I think a free ripmaw would make me feel better once resolved though.

bbbeau
02-10-2013, 03:58 PM
I think if we keep this thread alive maybe they'll be more willing to give us an explanation as to why it's not working. I really miss playing PL.

bbbeau
02-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Still waiting to hear something...

Arthas
02-13-2013, 05:45 AM
Can the mods/devs advise if this will be patched for when the next update is released this month?

bbbeau
02-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Yes, I know the games from spacetime are free but you do sell platinum and as a returning customer I feel slightly disappointed with the lack of a response since when you provide a service that people spend money on they are indeed your clients and deserve more support than this.

Just because the foundations of the game are free doesn't mean it's an escape clause for the developers not to feel obliged to help..

Arthas
02-15-2013, 06:18 AM
Any updates mods/devs? Come on now lol. This is silly.

bbbeau
02-16-2013, 12:53 AM
It's like they don't even check the forum..maybe we can contact them some other way.

bbbeau
02-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Anything new?

Arthas
02-18-2013, 05:29 AM
I'm hoping this is patched with the new Kraken release. I'll be pretty angry if it isn't and that no one has bothered to inform us what the issue is.

At present, I'm playing on PC but this isnt my preferable option.

bbbeau
02-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Kraken? When is that?

Pl definitely stopped working after the last forced apk update, so maybe next one they'll fix whatever they made wrong

Arthas
02-18-2013, 07:40 AM
Kraken Isles is the new expansion which is due out at some point in the next week or so. The dev's have been working quite hard on this but were aware of our issue since the end of last month and told me so. I am therefore hoping that they will patch the issue when they roll out the new expansion. If not, I am hoping for some in-game compensation for all this non-sense.

I could post about a ban or unlimited money coming out of a npc and get a instant response. I report an issue I'm having and I get nothing. Not good enough in my books.

bbbeau
02-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Me too.. If the game never worked on our devices then fair enough but they did and I was sold platinum I can't even use now. The 'play on chrome' response is useless as the game is advertised as a mobile MMO. Really not happy either as you said if its a ban, missing platinum or a typo in the game, instant response. We can't even play the game, I also made a thread in the PL forum before, no responses..definitely not good enough for me either.