PDA

View Full Version : Auction Hall. REALLY?!

Zaonabiuibil
01-27-2013, 10:30 AM
So I posted a Smooch-me Sprout for sale yesterday for 150,000 credits. I checked this morning and someone posted for the SAME price. Not an undercut, the SAME price.

I know undercut threads have been made, but I feel STS shouldn't allow people to post their goods for the same exact price as someone else. I just wasted my credits listing that to have someone else post for the same thing. It's ridiculous. Please consider making it so people cannot put up sales within a specific percent of the next cheapest same item.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Bless
01-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Should be implemented in all sts games

Zaonabiuibil
01-27-2013, 11:30 AM
You're freaking kidding me.

-------------------

Anecat
01-27-2013, 11:48 AM
It is ranked by name i think, but if that becomes a big problem, sts should make the first one to post the first one to show up

Ark
01-28-2013, 07:28 PM
I should add mine in there too xD lolol.

But anyways, that sucks for you buddy. No one can have everything they want all the time. AND at this moment, this is one of them. Just have to deal with it AND it has always been like it. SO that's better than being UNDERCUT, so be happy with that...

Astrocat
01-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Zao, I hope you made that dude regret it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Zaonabiuibil
01-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Zao, I hope you made that dude regret it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yeap. My friend said he begged me to forgive him after I muted him XD

-------------------

BodMaster
01-31-2013, 07:45 PM
It is ranked by name i think, but if that becomes a big problem, sts should make the first one to post the first one to show up

Already is, as seen in the SS's.

I'm sure the one's that posted it the same price are in need of it more than you. No sympathy from me :p

Part of merching, like if a Guildie adds an item in at say 100k, I wouldn't undercut I list it the same price, if the price is "fair" then all should sell with some persistence.

WarTornBird
01-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Yea it's a bit ridiculous you're making a fit over this. It's an equal chance. Now tbh if I was your friend and seen yours, I'd buy I it from you.

Zaonabiuibil
01-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Already is, as seen in the SS's.

I'm sure the one's that posted it the same price are in need of it more than you. No sympathy from me :p

Part of merching, like if a Guildie adds an item in at say 100k, I wouldn't undercut I list it the same price, if the price is "fair" then all should sell with some persistence.

If someone sees it in auc, they'd see they could find for cheaper and neither would sell. And tbh if you do that to guildies that's just plain rude. Surely you could wait till theirs sold. And actually one was a mega-merchant, so I needed it more. Plus I posted first, that was just a jerk move. K, if I see something you post like that, I hope you won't mind if I post the same as well. All's "fair" apparently.

@ War it costs money to put in auction. So yeah, I'm pretty furious that my money was basically thrown away like that.

-------------------

BodMaster
02-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Wow Zao, it was a joke..

And why would it be rude to place an item at the same price having both same chances of selling? It would if I undercutted, depends how rare the item was/is tbf.

Any and every MMO I have been in allows any player to add an item at the same auction price. I don't understand why you would prefer to be undercutted than someone posing it the same price.

gison
02-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Lol, Zao, dude.

Thousands of players get undercut, etc in MMO's.
You're making a way too big of a fit over this. You still have a chance of selling it.
So, you'd prefer to be undercutted than having a 50/50 chance of selling it?

And your credits being wasted? It's ridiculous that you actually care about 5k creds. And yet you still have like what? 2m creds from contests?

Auction isn't a fair place, nor is in game.

Zaonabiuibil
02-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Ok, that's cool. Different people, different opinions. I can state mine. Freedom of speech.

But really. Did TWO people have to do it. One was like "well that's a waste of my credits" but then the second came along and said "oh I'm gonna be a jerk and post this one for the exact same as the other two and make sure neither sell!"

That's my viewpoint, idc what you guys think about it. I'm respecting yours, respect mine.

-------------------

Bubututu
02-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Hey Zao!

Not sure if this matters too much, seeing as it won't change the fact that there are items priced the same. Assuming they listed for 3 days due to it being a big ticket item, the items get placed in the AH based on time left on the ticket. So you being the first to post it, yours would be the first that anyone saw in there. Plus! Look at your naaaameee!! Who wouldn't want to buy from Zaonabuibuibuibuibibil?

Zaonabiuibil
02-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Hey Zao!

Not sure if this matters too much, seeing as it won't change the fact that there are items priced the same. Assuming they listed for 3 days due to it being a big ticket item, the items get placed in the AH based on time left on the ticket. So you being the first to post it, yours would be the first that anyone saw in there. Plus! Look at your naaaameee!! Who wouldn't want to buy from Zaonabuibuibuibuibibil?

Lmao! :-)

So it goes by timing and not alphabetical eh? *stashes info in brain*

Thanks for that, it was actually a good deal of help :-)

-Zaonabiuibiuibiuibiuibiuibiuibiuibil

-------------------