PDA

View Full Version : PVE Build?

Petin
09-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I am new to the game im trying to try a good PVE mage,im seeing FULL INT around and the "palladin" build but i dont really know,im trying to go for a solo class,all around solo class.A skill list on that to skills to get would be nice(for soloing).

And a noob question,i saw a preson with the "bird" class playing as a mage,but i cant really do that on the charater creation,how do you do this,are there benefits of skill or stats by different class?

Embold
09-24-2010, 03:59 PM
The way people use the bird or bear as a ''mage'' is by simply adding enough points to INT so they may wield a staff, they still have the same skill set of the character they picked. If you want a solo class i would suggest a bear put 142 points into strength and the rest into dex, as for skills max out (raise to 5) Stomp, Taunt, Rage, Super mega slash, Iron blood, Hell scream, Evade, and finally Beckon. If you have anymore questions about this add me and we can talk in game my warriors name is ''Emballzz''.

Raxie
09-24-2010, 04:31 PM
your questions are so broad it will be hard to explain them. what do you mean by a solo class? a solo character and a team character shouldn't have any difference in stats. also, what do you mean by a skill list on that to skills to get would be nice? read over your sentences; some don't make any sense at all.
are you going to be an int mage or a paladin? you have to decide.
if you are going to be a mage, it will be very difficult for you to solo because mages are the most fragile. however, they do hit hard and kill enemies fast. i would be better to have enough dex to make your hit% 125% and then put the rest into int. however, if you are not interested in pvp at all, just put all of your stats into int.
for a paladin, have 142 str and then the rest into dex. putting your points into dex is better than int because with your remaining stats in int, you will miss a lot.
a tank which is a str bear can solo the easiest with their high hp and high armour to absorb enemy shots well.

an avian can be an int-bird if you put your stats into int. once you level, you have 5 points that you can spend on a stat and if you put the majority of the stats into int an avian can use int items. there are no benefits and int-birds are pretty bad in pvp but alright in pve.
just remember to think before asking questions; it's not that hard to figure out for yourself...

Speetz13
09-25-2010, 08:21 AM
There are no races in PL. each "race" has a "class." They are one in the same. If you are new, and want to play a mage, just pick the Enchantress. Shes and elf, like all enchantresses. What people do, though, is pick one of the other two characters/classes/races and make there stats a bit different so they can use certain weapons and armor from the other classes. This has benefits and losses, but f your new don't even attempt it. You'll end up dieing all the time, and will have to buy (with real life money) platinum to get a stat/skill re-roll.

If you want to solo PvE, Raxie is right on about the mage thing. But it is possible. I solo just fine on my Avian which aren't good for soloing (they are archers) but this took time figuring out how to play my character, and he has normal stats i.e. all of my points are in dex. Most of the time that's how it goes, all your points or almost all go into one stat, with a few distributed for various reasons. This game is unique in this regard, and you may think well screw this, where is the customization? The answer is in armor. My toon may look like the avian next to me but i play completely different than they do because of what armor I use and what it does for me. Visually, though, customization is nil besides, once again, armor.

So just pick a toon and play for at least a little while the what that is recommended. You get 5 stat points per level, and i put every one of mine in one stat, but it is recommended probably to put all of them except around one every couple of levels in one stat, or equivalent, like 5 points in one stat over two levels, 5 in another, then 5 in one stat every level for ten more levels etc. Then, once you figure out the game mechanics and search around the forums and Google on how to build toons and use skills and all that jazz, then make a custom-staeted toon.

At least, that's my opinion. And suggestion.

Lmao
09-25-2010, 08:45 AM
hey, i have a question also. are pure archers stronger than archer warrior hybrid? also, could you tell me what skills i should invest in as an archer or a warrior archer?

Royce
09-25-2010, 08:52 AM
hey, i have a question also. are pure archers stronger than archer warrior hybrid? also, could you tell me what skills i should invest in as an archer or a warrior archer?

Dex archer is the most overpowered class in the game right now. Str bird is fun, but just not in the same category as Dex archer for effectiveness (especially in PvP). Skill setup depends to some degree on if you go Dex or Str, and either way there are many threads in this forum with skill build suggestions.

Raxie
09-25-2010, 03:59 PM
dex bird is much better. str birds fail in pvp for level 45.

Speetz13
09-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Yeah I'm only leel 19 and my DEX Bird pwns everything PvP or PvE. But it's a really fun class, kite tanking is hilarious, you have like complete control over everyone.

Raxie
09-26-2010, 01:23 AM
when i reach level 19, play me! i'm level 16 right now.

Xviperr
09-26-2010, 04:32 AM
perhaps u can just go pure Dex and rage into using L30 frosty (purple) items. sorry but imo its better then Shivering set due to the fact that it has 2Hs or 3Hs (i forgot). allowing u a little more survivability with ur evade skill.

*just my 2cents opinion

Pleasure_Pirate
09-26-2010, 05:59 AM
The most effective class for soloing is an ursan tank.. However they are also the hardest class to level when new to the game IMO. You're new and won't have a ton of money for potions, so find a good Mage to level with. :)

Raxie
09-26-2010, 06:05 AM
speetz, i have reached level 19 now. let's play some pvp!

Xviperr
09-26-2010, 09:28 AM
The most effective class for soloing is an ursan tank.. However they are also the hardest class to level when new to the game IMO. You're new and won't have a ton of money for potions, so find a good Mage to level with. :)

i truly agree with you was lvling my Ursan till 142 base str. (first character)
didnt have much gold back then, so using lousy items from NPC and some drops, its pretty much a MEATSHIELD.
but didnt get to kill much mobs back then.

but since TS stated in archer topic.
i'll just suggest more of the BIRDY related matters