PDA

View Full Version : OP Sorcerer??

Energizeric
01-28-2013, 01:11 AM
Just had the experience of fighting against a sorcerer who was really OP, and I'd love to learn how he is doing it. Maybe sorcerers are not underpowered, maybe I just need to learn to play better....

His name is Sorkth. He is able to shoot charged Fireballs one after the other without waiting for the cooldown. My fireballs are very slow and then I have to wait 3 seconds for it to cool down. The problem I have is the stun from the fireball is over long before I can shoot another one, so when fighting a rogue or warrior, they wake up from the stun and kill me before I can shoot a second fireball. But Sorkth didn't have this problem. On about 5 different occasions we faced eachother 1-on-1 in an empty hallway, and each time he stunned me with a fireball and then kept stunning me so I never recovered and could not use any skills again. All his shots were fireballs, and they came about 1 per second.

I'm thinking I may have to respec for that. Anyone know how to do that?

Patricks
01-28-2013, 01:23 AM
^^ I would like to know the answer to this!!

ucaflaeba
01-28-2013, 01:26 AM
lol..I got stun locked by him too. dont know how. maybe hes just that good.

D-:
01-28-2013, 01:26 AM
hax

Jcyee
01-28-2013, 01:28 AM
Maybe that's why he's on the leaderboards.

And I thought you were gonna say Patrick haha. Hi Patrick ;)

Patricks
01-28-2013, 01:32 AM
Lol hi JC

Lalarie
01-28-2013, 01:35 AM
I want to know this this too!

Energizeric
01-28-2013, 02:09 AM
I asked him and he said "continue charge". Someone in my guild suggested maybe this is some sort of glitch in the chrome version? I wouldn't know as I play on an iPad and iPhone.

Fluffysox
01-28-2013, 02:33 AM
Sounds like a glitch, I accidentally stumbled across this glitch aswell, sometimes. I was lagging and I used a skill to deplete my mana, but I was lagging so it took a second to shoot my aimed shot. In that one second I started charging my shadow veil and even though I had no mana and the icons were blanked out, holding my finger there continued the charge. I was able to put down the charged shadow veil when I had enough mana.

Cero
01-28-2013, 02:41 AM
lol thats an OP if he realy shoots fireball one after the other.

i havent face him. would love to fight him or be in a game to watch his moves:)

TheStoic
01-28-2013, 02:50 AM
I asked him and he said "continue charge". Someone in my guild suggested maybe this is some sort of glitch in the chrome version? I wouldn't know as I play on an iPad and iPhone.

I've been using Chrome but mostly on elite Jarl farming and not PVP. The 3-second cool down is still there.

PYTHON
01-28-2013, 02:51 AM
I faced him with my sorcerer, got killed twice but got him once, I saw it was more of his rifle that did the damage.

Energizeric
01-28-2013, 03:05 AM
I faced him with my sorcerer, got killed twice but got him once, I saw it was more of his rifle that did the damage.

I have a rifle, but it doesn't stun. One out of every 4-5 shots does the push back, but it doesn't stun. What he was doing kept me stunned until I was dead, at least 8-10 seconds.

Cero
01-28-2013, 03:22 AM

I have a rifle, but it doesn't stun. One out of every 4-5 shots does the push back, but it doesn't stun. What he was doing kept me stunned until I was dead, at least 8-10 seconds.

you need to charge.the rifle to.make a stun.

Energizeric
01-28-2013, 04:22 AM
you need to charge.the rifle to.make a stun.

Wow, are you sure? I never knew this. I never charge the rifle which explains why I never have seen it stun. Are you sure?

Cero
01-28-2013, 04:46 AM
yes.

Heiki
01-28-2013, 05:41 AM
yes.

Win.

That guy just stunned you with a fireball, then got a lucky stun proc out of lightning and stunned you again with a charged rifle shot.

It doesn't make for a fun game but it's not a hack.

Patricks
01-28-2013, 05:47 AM
yes.

Win.

That guy just stunned you with a fireball, then got a lucky stun proc out of lightning and stunned you again with a charged rifle shot.

It doesn't make for a fun game but it's not a hack.

But he also mention the speed at which charged fireball is available. This is what I'm curious about.

Heiki
01-28-2013, 06:06 AM
When you're on the receiving end of a spanking, everything seems to be killing you too fast...

No honestly it's hard to keep track of whats happening all the while keeping count of your enemy's cooldowns. I would be surprised if its a hack. Maybe a graphics glitch?

Energizeric
01-28-2013, 06:09 AM
But he also mention the speed at which charged fireball is available. This is what I'm curious about.

I'm thinking now maybe he stunned me with a fireball, then a charged rifle shot, and then a fireball again. I'm thinking that is possible, and if the charged rifle does indeed stun in the same way fireball does, then I think you could keep someone stunned indefinitely by alternating between the two. I'll have to try that out.

Patricks
01-28-2013, 06:20 AM

I'm thinking now maybe he stunned me with a fireball, then a charged rifle shot, and then a fireball again. I'm thinking that is possible, and if the charged rifle does indeed stun in the same way fireball does, then I think you could keep someone stunned indefinitely by alternating between the two. I'll have to try that out.

:/

You said it was one charged fireball per second.... Anyway, charged rifle is just a chance to stun. Not guaranteed.

Energizeric
01-28-2013, 07:49 AM
:/

You said it was one charged fireball per second.... Anyway, charged rifle is just a chance to stun. Not guaranteed.

It did look that way, I didn't time it but it was often enough so that I was kept stunned until he hit me enough times to kill me. I have 1750 health, and he had to hit me at least 5 times before I was dead, and he had me stunned the whole time. And this happened several times, not just once. So I'd say whatever he was doing was not just a chance to stun, but guaranteed, unless he just got lucky and managed to stun me every single time he tried. I can't say for sure. I can only say that he succeeded in killing me very easily and once he stunned me with the first shot, I stayed stunned for the duration of the battle each time. And these were not quick one-hit fights like you get with a rogue. He really unloaded on me with many hits.

jlinder2003
01-28-2013, 07:54 AM
What rifle are you guys referring too?

Cero
01-28-2013, 09:17 AM
What rifle are you guys referring too?

watchman rifle.

kateku
01-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Yeah it keep stunning on my rouge lol. Most powerful sorc i met in pvp

Balázs Rövid
01-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Well i faced a mage who called Dingle and he did just the same thing..i'm a warrior and we played 5 1v1 duel and all of them i had no chance...he is the first mage who was able to kill me in 1v1 and i impressed i couldt even shoot a single skill. So its not hack just these guys mastered the "stunlock" which is looks realy op cause you cant do anything just watch huw your chracter dead

JuiceBox
01-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Well i faced a mage who called Dingle and he did just the same thing..i'm a warrior and we played 5 1v1 duel and all of them i had no chance...he is the first mage who was able to kill me in 1v1 and i impressed i couldt even shoot a single skill. So its not hack just these guys mastered the "stunlock" which is looks realy op cause you cant do anything just watch huw your chracter dead

Stunlocking works for all classes and weapons, but especially easier to do with a bow or a rifle. Because it let's you stun from a distance and auto targets.

Cero
01-28-2013, 07:18 PM
yea, most i heard doing stunlocks are rogue twinks.

charge attack- arrow-arrow -charge attack , warrior dies. then run for mana/hp.

Taijutsu
01-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah dude is like impossible to kill 1v1 on my rouge full stun lock whole time

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Energizeric
01-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Well I tried alternating between the fireball and the rifle, and that is certainly NOT it. The rifle very rarely causes a stun, even when charged. The fireball always causes stun. Perhaps there is another weapon they are using?

Also, has anyone tried using any other weapons besides the flamestrike or watch rifle? I know many of them have other procs. I wonder if any of those procs are very useful in PvP.

Infrico
01-29-2013, 06:32 AM
Wow, are you sure? I never knew this. I never charge the rifle which explains why I never have seen it stun. Are you sure?

This comment made my day :D