PDA

View Full Version : Could any good mages tell me how to fight warriors in pvp.

warbluefish
01-28-2013, 06:56 AM
im a noob in pvp. killed uncountablr times by warriors. as a mage how can i fight a warrior with heal. shield . windmall. and leap skills?

it will take me about 6-10 hits to bring down a warrior but if he heals during the fight . it will take 5 more hit. but even i healed can only take 2 more hit .then im dead.

talking about full geared mage and full gear warriors.

Cero
01-28-2013, 07:18 AM
mage vs warrior
it depends on how good each player is.

mage - stunlock makes a win

charge FB + un/charge lightning + charge rifle = win

i play both mage and warrior but i dont know how to counter a stunner mage. I would just prolly hope i get free.from the stun or messed up their stun chain:P

yuriramos
01-28-2013, 09:04 AM
mage vs warrior

i play both mage and warrior but i dont know how to counter a stunner mage. I would just prolly hope i get free.from the stun or messed up their stun chain:P

dont forget the shield. also heal timing and dont stay on one spot

Cero
01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
mage vs warrior

dont forget the shield. also heal timing and dont stay on one spot

haha yes. kite:)

Flameshot
02-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Stunlock for the win. I run with FB, light and ice with shield. If i get the first Stun in i'm usually good to go. 720 kills, 139 deaths.

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 11:59 PM
if u want a stun lock build read my guide. The Dustybottoms and Suspenses build is the section u should read then read down from there. dmg and stun. also change it a bit to 21 build just max int passive and some stun for lightning and longer stun and slow to ice. then follow skill order :D guide is in pvp section its "l16 sorcerer guide"

Energizeric
02-04-2013, 06:05 PM
im a noob in pvp. killed uncountablr times by warriors. as a mage how can i fight a warrior with heal. shield . windmall. and leap skills?

it will take me about 6-10 hits to bring down a warrior but if he heals during the fight . it will take 5 more hit. but even i healed can only take 2 more hit .then im dead.

Quite simple:

1) As soon as you see the warrior, run the other way. If you see one of those speed orbs, get it and it will help you to run even faster.

2) If he chases which he probably will, try shooting charged fireballs back at him to stun him, and keep running.

3) Try to make your way to one of those green heal packs. If you manage to make it there, you can replenish your health which will help you survive longer.

4) If the warrior continues to chase you, by this time you should have his health more than half way down and now you can turn and face him and unload on him, and you probably got a 50% chance to beat him.

drgrimmy
02-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Quite simple:

1) As soon as you see the warrior, run the other way. If you see one of those speed orbs, get it and it will help you to run even faster.

2) If he chases which he probably will, try shooting charged fireballs back at him to stun him, and keep running.

3) Try to make your way to one of those green heal packs. If you manage to make it there, you can replenish your health which will help you survive longer.

4) If the warrior continues to chase you, by this time you should have his health more than half way down and now you can turn and face him and unload on him, and you probably got a 50% chance to beat him.

Hehe, I agree with this suggestion the most. Just beware of the seemingly improbable long range
of the warriors attacks (and not just skyward smash).

I find that against a skillful warrior you should just assume that the odds are against you and that you
are probably going to die. There are exceptions, bad or soso warriors and exceptional mages (which
most on the forums either are or think they are :)). Here is my basic breakdown....

Good mage beats good rogue.
Good rogue beats good warrior.
Good warrior beats good mage.
Good team will annihilate everything!

If you run into a warrior one on one, if he looks like he is bad or soso one (from kills during that game)
stand and fight with the strategies as outlined above. You may have a good chance and I always like
the wtf comments you get when you kick their butts. If he looks like a quality warrior, stun and run
as outlined by energizeric. If possible run back to teammates for help as a good team can defeat any
player :)

Energizeric
02-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Yes, forgot to mention that, it's always good to run to teammates. In general, sorcerer is more of a support class, and so you will do the best if you have a teammate (or teammates) in front of you. You have ranged attacks, so you can attack from behind them. But if you are going to do this, you will want to have the heal skill as you have to do something for your team if they are going to tank for you. This works especially well with rogues since they need you to refill their mana. A couple of rogues with a good support sorcerer behind them can rule. And as a sorcerer you will get your kills as you can easily attack from behind the rogues.

imori
02-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Yes, forgot to mention that, it's always good to run to teammates. In general, sorcerer is more of a support class, and so you will do the best if you have a teammate (or teammates) in front of you. You have ranged attacks, so you can attack from behind them. But if you are going to do this, you will want to have the heal skill as you have to do something for your team if they are going to tank for you. This works especially well with rogues since they need you to refill their mana. A couple of rogues with a good support sorcerer behind them can rule. And as a sorcerer you will get your kills as you can easily attack from behind the rogues.

Hueee, i agree with this line so much... :D

razerfingers
02-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Wait, so tou say fireball n kite. Well after sometime he should be at 50% health. Well would if he has horn of renewal would you just kamikaze and just take the death? Lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Energizeric
02-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Wait, so tou say fireball n kite. Well after sometime he should be at 50% health. Well would if he has horn of renewal would you just kamikaze and just take the death? Lol

I didn't say my method always works. It has better odds than any other method, but still less than 50%. A good sorcerer against a good warrior will result in the warrior winning 90% of the time. Unfortunately that is just the way it is. Maybe that will change in the future if STS makes some adjustments to balance things better.

razerfingers
02-09-2013, 07:08 PM
I didn't say my method always works. It has better odds than any other method, but still less than 50%. A good sorcerer against a good warrior will result in the warrior winning 90% of the time. Unfortunately that is just the way it is. Maybe that will change in the future if STS makes some adjustments to balance things better.

Ah, k. I waw just curious :)

Genuinous
02-09-2013, 08:14 PM
If you know how to keep a stunlock and dont get caught in a leap+windmill combo without shield and heal still available, you should take down warriors. It might take a while and some running around but stunlock does magic :) Also I just hate and despise players who run away in 1v1 situations, no matter who's coming up to you (unless you're half dead) go ahead and try beating them. Eventually you'll learn to overcome it. I've got pwned by the same rogue for over a week until I learned to beat him (still not 100% but getting better). Also I find that really good rogues are harder to beat than really good warriors. If you mess up stonlock on a warriors, you can get shield or another stun in without dying. Mess up stunlock on a rogue and aimed takes you out in 1 shot...

Spicy1
02-10-2013, 09:39 AM
If you know how to keep a stunlock and dont get caught in a leap+windmill combo without shield and heal still available, you should take down warriors. It might take a while and some running around but stunlock does magic :) Also I just hate and despise players who run away in 1v1 situations, no matter who's coming up to you (unless you're half dead) go ahead and try beating them. Eventually you'll learn to overcome it. I've got pwned by the same rogue for over a week until I learned to beat him (still not 100% but getting better). Also I find that really good rogues are harder to beat than really good warriors. If you mess up stonlock on a warriors, you can get shield or another stun in without dying. Mess up stunlock on a rogue and aimed takes you out in 1 shot...

Gotta agree with running from 1v1. I mostly pvp on my rogue and only times i run if i'm out of mana. If i have mana but only 50% health left i stay and fight. With my warrior i never run.

Dinosaurus
02-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Warriors are brutes so stun them with charged firebolt then use charged ice bolt (if possible use time snare/root) charge your best magic and finish with a charge

Osahete
06-12-2013, 05:49 PM
So true Energizeric.. I can be tricky to time your heal, but try to heal at half life of team/ or when their mana is depleted. Heal to soon and when you and your team really need it, it will be to late ;) And you do get a lot of kills from the back row ^.^ Especially with crit pest like Ribbit combined with thunder... Still I would like to see my armor go up a bit or the time for shield up. Once shield is down, one hit from a rogue will do you in :( tc guys

Linkincena
06-13-2013, 03:22 AM
1st Stun lock config:Charged gun(Stun), Charged Fire (stun) ,Charged Ice (Slowdown) ,heal and Charged shield ... + a stunner pet

2nd Stun lock config: Charged gun(Stun) ,Charged Fire (stun),Charged Wind (stun+Speed) , Charged heal and Shield + Stunner pet

3rd Stun lock config: Charged gun(Stun), Charged Fire (Stun),Charged Lightning (25% Stun Chance) ,Charged Wind (Stun+Speed), Heal + Stunner pet

Try to get the your 1st stun .... If warrior stuns u 1st then 90% chance u are going to die unless u heal and shield ...

Another Tip: Try Fire a charged shield 1st to get 2 sec invulnerability if warrior is close to u..

yuriramos
06-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Kite kite kite

Romifrity
06-20-2013, 07:46 PM

Be carefull with ure oponnent cos if u fight with this warrior ure sure dead haha33282
Ahahahah lol