PDA

View Full Version : Why PVP will never be balanced

uzidredar
01-28-2013, 02:56 PM
It makes us spend plat and gold. Lots of it. The quest to try not to suck in combat makes one spend irrational amounts respecing, testing, getting that extra miraculous weapon that will let us live a bit longer. When pvp is the only thing that made you start playing in the first place being totally trashed by average random dudes on their alts is a killer. Today us sorcerers whine and cry. Next thing we know rogues will lose their one shot ability and warriors won't be able to mass heal better than 90 lvl monks.
Then it will be their turn to overspend and cry and complain.
I have the impression that STS designs these games for the short term (e.g. note how DL has been left to die) and they need to milk as much plat as possible in a rather short period of time before we move on to their next shinny-awesome-now-with-combat-pets mini MMO.
I don't fault them, I am just waking up (with sadness) to the fact that this is the nature of this beast.
Am I being too negative?

Bless
01-28-2013, 03:01 PM
A bit too overreacted but I have to agree with the short term game thing.

Ladycandyheal
01-28-2013, 04:54 PM
It makes us spend plat and gold. Lots of it. The quest to try not to suck in combat makes one spend irrational amounts respecing, testing, getting that extra miraculous weapon that will let us live a bit longer. When pvp is the only thing that made you start playing in the first place being totally trashed by average random dudes on their alts is a killer. Today us sorcerers whine and cry. Next thing we know rogues will lose their one shot ability and warriors won't be able to mass heal better than 90 lvl monks.
I have the impression that STS designs these games for the short term (e.g. note how DL has been left to die) and they need to milk as much plat as possible in a rather short period of time before we move on to their next shinny-awesome-now-with-combat-pets mini MMO.
I don't fault them, I am just waking up (with sadness) to the fact that this is the nature of this beast.
Am I being too negative?

Nope. I also agree with the short term

ikavli
01-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Am I being too negative?

Agree. Sts dont care about balanced pvp..They care about cash

nicoB
01-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Well pvp will never be balanced because theres different classes. DL pvp is the only balanced pvp by sts

kiffnshey
01-28-2013, 07:17 PM
[money money open crate locked aslo 15 plat very high cost, i suggest play pvp for fun n control urs emotion QUOTE=ikavli;946188]Agree. Sts dont care about balanced pvp..They care about cash[/QUOTE]

naifas
01-29-2013, 05:26 AM
Total agree with you mate, 100%

used to be online for endless hours straight, now i log in to do the bard dailies.

And that makes me very sad, because i do love this game, made some great friendships here, wish things changed to a point were i was 1 month ago, login in every time i had 5 minutes free.

uzidredar
01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Total agree with you mate, 100%

used to be online for endless hours straight, now i log in to do the bard dailies.

This and a couple Gauntlet runs is all I do these days. You never know when the tokens will become useful ;)

uzidredar
03-06-2013, 12:58 PM
It seems that now rogues are on the whining end, I feel bad for them.
Having spent my last plat respeccing and still being useless at PVP (granted I was miraculously able to finish with a positive overall k/d ratio) I uninstalled the game.
What I also find annoying is that in all the nerfing and rebalancing our class NEVER ended up being overpowered :banghead:
It could have been fun for a few days :D

I swear it's my fault, I bring bad luck to every class I play on any mmo

Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Itoopeo
03-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Well pvp will never be balanced because theres different classes. DL pvp is the only balanced pvp by sts

SL is balanced too and there are 3 classes.