View Full Version : I regretted I aimed for the Beastmaster title

fatcharlie
01-28-2013, 09:03 PM
I have to be honest with you guys, getting all those pets makes me confusing. In playing this game, a class has only to keep at most 5 companions in the stable. Others are not that important, unless you are an achiever. That's why I decided in my alt to keep only 5 pets each, dispose the not needed ones.

Ex. I could have put my Hazel into my warrior but my mage has it because I was aiming for the Beastmaster title.

Am I alone in this philosophy or do I have some friends out there?

Astrocat
01-28-2013, 09:24 PM
I'd like to help, but I don't get it?

fatcharlie
01-28-2013, 09:32 PM
I'd like to help, but I don't get it?

Let me rephrase, what I mean is that you only need at most 5 companions and not all of them. Unless you aim for some achievement points, which I am sure you do Astro.

Astrocat
01-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Let me rephrase, what I mean is that you only need at most 5 companions and not all of them. Unless you aim for some achievement points, which I am sure you do Astro.

I don't do, I did them already. Ok, then why do you ''need'' us? Just trying to figure out. :)

fatcharlie
01-28-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't do, I did them already. Ok, then why do you ''need'' us? Just trying to figure out. :)

I don't exactly "need", what im asking is, are there any players out there who just kept a few pets that are essential in their game and not aiming for the "collect 'em all" strategy.

Cero
01-28-2013, 10:18 PM
i think its the reason why they put "top player" those who wish In LB will do all the achievements.
if you ddnt noticed, top 5players are racing. prolly even those who are below in top5 are trying to get the #1spot.

and its all players choice to get it. achievement plus title. its a win-win.

Energizeric
01-28-2013, 11:51 PM
I actually wish they had more challenges like Beastmaster. That's what keeps the game interesting, when they make an achievement that's extremely hard to get, and make it give a large amount of points. If it weren't for Beastmaster, I'd probably have played this game a hundred hours less over the past month.

Beastmaster was fun because it required a number of different pets which each could be farmed in different dungeons. So there was some variety instead of doing the same thing over and over and over.

Fyrce
01-29-2013, 12:03 AM
For my toons w/ lots of pets, I try to keep the ones I want to use at the top of the list, i.e. keep the 5 you want to use as the highest level pets.

But it IS easier, and cheaper, to have just the pets you want to play with.

Szangheili
01-29-2013, 12:07 AM
I simply don't care about being the "top" player or top of the LB. It is too much time wasted for a game that gives nothing in return. So I just play here and there when I'm not busy on my Xbox or simply busy in life.

fatcharlie
01-29-2013, 12:20 AM
I actually wish they had more challenges like Beastmaster. That's what keeps the game interesting, when they make an achievement that's extremely hard to get, and make it give a large amount of points. If it weren't for Beastmaster, I'd probably have played this game a hundred hours less over the past month.

Beastmaster was fun because it required a number of different pets which each could be farmed in different dungeons. So there was some variety instead of doing the same thing over and over and over.

Other than the title and achievement points, they should have given a distinct set of armor+helmet to be visually recognized as Beastmaster.

Bejo
01-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Other than the title and achievement points, they should have given a distinct set of armor+helmet to be visually recognized as Beastmaster.

use berserker helm if you warrior, you will recognized as beastkiller. :)

SuRfY
01-29-2013, 08:12 AM
I am trying to level all of them to max level. LOL. They should come out with an achievement for that because it's not easy. LOL

Astrocat
01-29-2013, 08:14 AM
use berserker helm if you warrior, you will recognized as beastkiller. :)

Lmao!

KillaSkillz
01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
I am trying to level all of them to max level. LOL. They should come out with an achievement for that because it's not easy. LOL

Possibly if there is a max level at some point, they will add that achievement. But I don't see it happening when they keep raising cap.

I don't need all the pets for sure, and im not buying ripmaw. (i'm too stingy, and it's too expensive) but I have most of the one that can be found in game and snowball. They all have their usefullness, and a bit more here or there on a attribute helps rather than respec to get a bit more dodge or damage or crit in certain situations. For me it's like a little tweek, you don't necessarily need to stick with the handful that fit best with your class.

Would I spend some gold to get ones i'm missing, sure if the price is right, why not? But not really interested with my older devices I play on to spend my real money to get them all and who knows if an upgrade happens and I can no longer play. who knows, I don't.

*a bit off topic, sorry*
I'm from the school of in game purchases being cheap and guiltless. 100 or 1000 ripmaws purchased at $20 each , or almost everyone playing the game buying one for $1.00. I would think the almost everyone multiplied by the one dollar generates more revenue, but what do I know, I haven't seen marketing studies. I would think it would be one of the first things to test out to figure out the best ways to generate more revenue.

Back on topic, for me it is not possible to have every single one due to the ripmaw now, so I have to go with the ones that you can get, why not? Most are cheap and really not worth selling imho after deducting listing fees.
If you don't want more than a couple that are related to your build then just get those. It won't hurt things to play like that.

Energizeric
01-29-2013, 03:23 PM

I am trying to get all my pets to level 20. Level 21 seems like a waste of time at this moment since the difference is not much and it takes so long.

If as suggested above, there was some sort of achievement or prize/title for this, then of course I would pursue it.

SuRfY
01-29-2013, 03:32 PM
I am trying to get all my pets to level 20. Level 21 seems like a waste of time at this moment since the difference is not much and it takes so long.

If as suggested above, there was some sort of achievement or prize/title for this, then of course I would pursue it.

I only managed to get ribbit and malison to level 21. Sort of bored me out doing the rest...

Bebsi
01-29-2013, 06:38 PM
I wished they would give the pets some visible bonus for capping.
Could be helm or armor and that again could be part of a set, too ... Or anything would be fine ^_^
It takes some effort to cap ur pet so it would be nice if it would have some kind of advantage over normal pets.

SuRfY
01-30-2013, 02:57 AM
I wished they would give the pets some visible bonus for capping.
Could be helm or armor and that again could be part of a set, too ... Or anything would be fine ^_^
It takes some effort to cap ur pet so it would be nice if it would have some kind of advantage over normal pets.

That's the main idea i was thinking. Because it doesn't make sense that pets aka companions have to go through level 20 to level 21 the same way a character have to go through. The character will get a level cap mastery banner because of the 16k exp but the pet also need 16k to get from level 20-21 (or 15-16 when the level cap was not raised yet). LOL.

For the full pets collection maxed level cap thingy (if they really can come out with the achievement) , its supremely not easy. It's like you need about 70 over WT4 runs to level a level 20 pet to level 21 (provided all 30+ pets are level 20 to begin with). 70x30=2100 WT4 runs to get 30 level 20 pets to level 21 pets. And there are more than 30 pets plus not all are level 20 to begin with. Imagine the colossal effort put in if there is really an achievement for it. LOL. If there is a name for it, I would simply call it the "Ultimate Beastmaster" . LOL

PS: The statistics in the example used are variables. It's definitely more than that. LOL.