PDA

View Full Version : We need private (locked) pvp rooms like in pl sts :)

Marrypoppins
01-29-2013, 01:47 AM
I'd love to sponsor a tourney but to get teams isolated would just be flat annoying.

Infrico
01-29-2013, 08:27 AM
+ 1 a lot of people want this. It seem's sts have taken the DL approach to make PvP similar to DL, although i'm sure most people agree, the PvP system in both PL and SL was much better. Having private servers and locked servers open's a wide scope for competitions and tourney's as marrypoppins rightfully said :D

One suggested improvement, if sts decide to actually implement this system, DO NOT allow KD to be included otherwise people will farm of other toons. I'm not sure how this all can be achieved but if it does, AL would definetly be the greatest MMO of mobile/browser gaming! :D

wvhills
01-29-2013, 09:05 AM
i disagree. I do agree that it's impossible to host tourneys the way it is but I feel like the benefit greatly outweighs this disadvantage. If we could create and lock our own games then that opens the door to kill farmers and the whole "go" system. People would be wanting to have 1 vs 1 and boots whoever disagrees. I like the way it is now where u are forced to ffa because there's no one there to boot you.

Astrocat
01-29-2013, 09:52 AM
i disagree. I do agree that it's impossible to host tourneys the way it is but I feel like the benefit greatly outweighs this disadvantage. If we could create and lock our own games then that opens the door to kill farmers and the whole "go" system. People would be wanting to have 1 vs 1 and boots whoever disagrees. I like the way it is now where u are forced to ffa because there's no one there to boot you.

Agreed. Locked room = more farmers = flag/kill counts boosted = boots for no reason or even worse. So, it's good the way it is.

Vystirch
01-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Agreed. Locked room = more farmers = flag/kill counts boosted = boots for no reason or even worse. So, it's good the way it is.

*thumbs up* :)

drewcapu
01-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Or, they could implement a system that automatically generates tournaments.

Thade knows what I mean :)

Infrico
01-29-2013, 11:01 AM

Its a private game, where I suggested no KD to be included. They can include both, matchmaking being the ranked version and private games for practice or tourneys etc.

D-:
01-29-2013, 04:45 PM
I disagree with this completely. People will obviously boost in these private games for a Banner on AL like Applejaqs.

Marrypoppins
01-29-2013, 07:13 PM
But if private records were not kept it'd work! Other then that when I suggested this I didn't think about folks boosting and yes that obviously would be terrible for the game. There should be someway we can run tourneys though. Keeps it fun

Energizeric
01-29-2013, 08:06 PM
The only thing I worry about is people farming flags or kills. It makes it much easier if you can host your own room. So perhaps some kind of system to prevent this....

Maybe something like this......

1) The game ends if two flags are scored in a row without a kill being registered by either team in between (and the second flag does not count).

2) The game ends when one team registers X number of kills in a row without any kills from the other team (X to be determined).

This obviously does not sound perfect, and maybe someone can come up with something better, but it's all I can think of at the moment. A perfect system would be one where STS programs some kind of formula that determines if results of a game was too one-sided, and if it was, then the stats from that game would be removed and not count.

Whatever they do, I really like the leaderboards and would want to preserve their integrity as much as possible. I don't want the leaderboards to becomes meaningless the way they are in Pocket Legends.

Gassyllama
01-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Oh yeah, imagine if there were private games and ranked games, whereas your k/d only changes in ranked/public games. You could take on a reward system for getting kills/captures and boom sick PvP system. More maps too though. Kind of sad fighting in a dusty basement dungeon

Gymfreak14
01-29-2013, 11:57 PM
I disagree with this completely. People will obviously boost in these private games for a Banner on AL like Applejaqs.

Why single out Applejaqs ? His kills are legit unlike The guy who's #1 (Lang..).
There is a 10k difference in kills between #1 & #2 FYI. If he was farming kills like you say , the difference will be much
Smaller.

Vystirch
01-30-2013, 12:08 AM
I disagree with this completely. People will obviously boost in these private games for a Banner on AL like A.......s.

Naming ig players is not cool.... I wouldn't do it if I were u....

Destructible
01-30-2013, 02:10 AM
Probably another pvp map that is 1 on 1? Like in PL's desert duel. That way no one gets the boot, and the whole "1v1" system wont get itself stuck into pvp (yet again).

Infrico
01-30-2013, 02:57 AM

FFS CAN YOU READ MY COMMENT... lol... happened twice in this thread. My suggestion was DO NOT add KD to private games, make it like a non-ranked version. See?

Astrocat
01-30-2013, 09:11 AM

Don't say something you don't even know. You have no clue of what he's doing. He's 100% legit. Keep these for yah.

Cero
01-30-2013, 09:30 AM
+ 1 a lot of people want this. It seem's sts have taken the DL approach to make PvP similar to DL, although i'm sure most people agree, the PvP system in both PL and SL was much better. Having private servers and locked servers open's a wide scope for competitions and tourney's as marrypoppins rightfully said :D

One suggested improvement, if sts decide to actually implement this system, DO NOT allow KD to be included otherwise people will farm of other toons. I'm not sure how this all can be achieved but if it does, AL would definetly be the greatest MMO of mobile/browser gaming! :D

Its a private game, where I suggested no KD to be included. They can include both, matchmaking being the ranked version and private games for practice or tourneys etc.

FFS CAN YOU READ MY COMMENT... lol... happened twice in this thread. My suggestion was DO NOT add KD to private games, make it like a non-ranked version. See?

you posted it 3x and all they saw is FARMING -_-
if sts wont allow any k/d then there will be no farming for kills.

and i agree with your idea. again, give us private room that wont allow any k/d.

Energizeric
01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Agreed. That would solve all of my concerns. It would also allow for real team work in tournaments without anyone being concerned about their K/D ratio, i.e. players would be more willing to sacrifice deaths for the good of the team.

Infrico
01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
you posted it 3x and all they saw is FARMING -_-
if sts wont allow any k/d then there will be no farming for kills.

and i agree with your idea. again, give us private room that wont allow any k/d.

yes, someone who actually reads the comments lol.

D-:
01-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Naming ig players is not cool.... I wouldn't do it if I were u....

Yet people can just call people out on PL forums?

Marrypoppins
01-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Yet people can just call people out on PL forums?

Also not cool. Gotta keep in mind pl has been out much much longer so tons more forum members. And with that comes a lot more jerks

Astrocat
01-31-2013, 07:47 AM
Also not cool. Gotta keep in mind pl has been out much much longer so tons more forum members. And with that comes a lot more jerks

And also that D-: doesn't even know what he's talking about. Applejaqs is 100% legit.

Vilified
02-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Why single out Applejaqs ? His kills are legit unlike The guy who's #1 (Lang..).
There is a 10k difference in kills between #1 & #2 FYI. If he was farming kills like you say , the difference will be much
Smaller.

Just because someone plays a lot doesn't mean they're not legit I started pking about 36 hours ago and I'm up to 1.4k kills on my Mage. That wasn't even playing for he whole time or anywhere near it either, I spent a total of 8 hours in pvp if that. Now looking at the rogues ability to kill you lightning fast and snag the kill in nearly every battle they're close to, it's entirely possible for him to have done it legit